Once on board, Niki said her hellos to Lance and Kelly before heading over to Suni and Justin. "Hello Suni. Randy. How 's the lunch?" She sat down across from them in hopes of an explanation.

"Don't be mad. I was sworn to secrecy." Suni looked at her boyfriend.

"I never understood why you called me Randy." Niki sighed and looked to her friend who looked at Justin.

"Come on, Justin. I've told you this before. Before we met you, we called all of you by your middle names. I still call JC Scotty sometimes. He doesn't seem to mind."

"I don't mind either. I was just curious. No harm. No foul." He turned to Niki just in time to see her yawn. "Hey Niki. Why don't you get some rest. We'll let C know where you are."

"Okay." Niki tried to cover another yawn but it escaped anyway. She reclined her seat and tucked her legs underneath her. She closed her eyes and gave in to her exhaustion.


Meanwhile...
“…I just hope it goes well.”

“Hope what goes well?” Suni asked as she and Justin approached the group seated in the front of the plane.

“Oh…hey. Hope everything goes well with the party tonight. That’s all,” JC answered. He looked behind the couple and didn’t see Niki so he asked, “Where’s Niki? Didn’t she come looking for you two?”

“Yeah she did. She’s fine. Looked drained so I told her to get some rest. I do believe she was asleep before we came up here,” Justin added.

“Thanks, man. I’m gonna go check on her.” JC rose from his seat and headed towards the back of the aircraft. He found Niki in what looked like an uncomfortable position. She had her legs folded in the seat beside her while her head rested against the side of the plane. A smile came across his face as he grabbed a blanket from the seat most recently occupied by Justin.

“Baby, you pick some of the weirdest positions to fall asleep in,” JC said as he quickly draped the blanket over Niki. “And that’s one of the things I love about you.” He leaned over and kissed her softly on her temple.

“I love you too, Scotty,” she mumbled in her sleep. He hadn’t heard “Scotty” in a while, but he loved when Niki called him that. Suni calls him Scotty every so often, but it was something about the way Niki said it that made it more special. JC decided to watch her sleep for a few minutes. He thought she looked so angelic when she slept. Even when she had a few braids in her face and her mouth was slightly open like now, she was still beautiful. His beautiful angel.



7p CT
“Hey, C, are you gonna…” Lance cut himself short as he got close enough to see that JC was asleep. “Should’ve known that’s what he was doing.” He chuckled as he got a blanket from a nearby seat and draped it over his sleeping friend. He knew he had a long night ahead of him and the nap would do him some good. Lance then turned and saw Niki asleep across from JC. “Yep. They’re both gonna need the rest,” he said out loud.

“Thank you, Jimmie.” It was barely a whisper, but Lance still heard her talking in her sleep. He just smiled.

“Anytime, lil’ lady. Anytime.” He said as he made his way back to his seat.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story