9:30p CT
A few hours had passed before Niki or JC woke up, but it was Niki who woke first. She stretched out her body as best she could considering the amount of space she was working with all the while not opening on eye. She heard soft snoring and assumed it was coming from the front. She turned her head away from the seat she was leaning against only to hear the snoring get louder. She cracked an eye open to see her boyfriend softly snoring his heart out across from her. Niki swung her blanket covered legs off the seat in order to sit up and watch JC sleep. She watched the rise and fall of the blanket as he breathed. She continues listening to the sounds of his light snores as she glanced at her watch. It was 9:36p at home. She let out a sigh.

“You love to watch me sleep, doncha?” A husky voice asked. Niki looked over to see JC stretching tall in his seat.

“How’d you know I was watching you?”

“Just a feeling I had.” He let out a yawn. “Did you have a good nap?”

“Still tired, but I’ll live…I think.” Niki moved and sat in the window seat next to him. “How ‘bout you? Looks like you were enjoying it.” She smiled.

“You must’ve caught my dream face.”

“Oh really?!? And what might I ask were you dreaming about, Mr. Chasez?”

“If I told ya’, it might not come true.” He gave her the most innocent look he could.

“That’s wishing on a star.”

“Same thing if you as me,” he said matter of factly. “I will tell you this much. It does involve you.”

“That’s all the clue I get? That is so not right.” She began to pout.

“Baby, please don’t be mad. I just don’t wanna spoil anything.” She lifted the armrest that separated them and leaned closer to him.

“For argument sake, I’m not gonna force it outta you. Now kiss me and tell me you love me.” She giggled.

“But you know that already.”

“Yeah, but I wanna her you say it. And say it like you mean it. Not just ‘cause I want you to say it.” Now JC was confused. He decided it was best to do what she asked. He looked deep into her soft brown eyes and saw the woman that he fell in love with over eight months ago.

“I love you, Niki, with all my heart. I will always be there for you whenever you need someone to talk to, someone to hold you, and most importantly, to tell you that you are loved.” He placed one hand on her cheek and leaned in towards her. He brushed her lips with his before gently kissing them.

“I love you too.” Niki whispered as they parted. She looked at him. “I still can’t believe you flew all this way only to turn right back around.”

“I have always told you that I would do anything for you. It’s time that I make good on my word. Don’t you think?”

“Yeah, but I wanna know how you pulled this,” she jestered at the plane, “off.”

“I told you. I called in a favor.” He grinned.

“Yeah, yeah, but I want details mister. And I want them now.” She playfully poked his side causing him to squirm.

“Okay, but you gotta stop poking me.” He started to giggle. “You know that I’m ticklish.” She immediately stopped and decided to lean against him instead. Niki rested her head on his shoulder.

“Okay. I’m ready,’ she informed him. He saw that she had once again closed her eyes and decided on the long version. Maybe it would put her to sleep. For everything that was planned for the night, she would need all the rest she could get.

“Well, as soon as Suni’s flight landed, Justin heard that there was a delay in the Midwest. He called me to see if I’d heard from you, but I hadn’t. That’s when I first called you.”

“When I was at security check in. Okay.”

“Yeah, you hadn’t made it to the gate yet. I decided to call and check on the flight myself. I found out your flight was delayed. Before I could call you, Justin called to find out what happened. I told him and he said that he could get you here. I didn’t question him. Just said okay.”

“So Justin got the plane for you?” He nodded. She yawned. He put an arm around her and pulled her closer. “Well, how did everyone else end up on the plane? I mean, I can understand Randy and well, Suni, but what about everyone else?”

“We were gonna have dinner at my house tonight before heading out to the party. Remember?”

“Oh yeah. Long day.”

“S’ok. Joey and Kelly are staying with Lance and Chris is staying with me. We promised each other that this year, we would ring in the new year together as a group. When they heard that you were stuck, they insisted on coming along.” He looked down to check on her since there was no comment. He nudged her with his hand. “Niki, you asleep?” She was out like a light. JC genlty lifted her head off his shoulder and slid out of his seat. He laid Niki's head on the seat he had just vacated and recovered her with the blanket before kissing two fingers and running them down the side of her face.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story