9p PT
There was a van waiting for them when they when they got off the plane. They quickly piled in and were on their way before anyone noticed them. Once settled in the van, everyone broke off into their own conversations. Niki turned towards JC ever so slightly. He was resting his head against the window.

“So what are we gonna do now?” she asked as she took hold of his hand.

“About what?”

“Well, we have about 3 hours before the new year, so what’s next on this little journey into the new year?”

“Oh…well, we have to get ready for the party that I’m hosting and make an appearance, then after that, the skies the limit. I’ll let you decide. How’s that sound?” He gently rubbed a thumb across the smooth skin of her hand.

“Sounds like you have everything planned out.” Niki smiled. “But what did you think I was talking about, Scotty?”

JC did an inward cringe while thinking of what to tell her this time. He thought she was going to ask about the track he had of her again. He decided to go with the truth. He let out a sigh before answering.

“Honestly, I thought you were gonna ask about the track I made of you.”

“Nope. You said it was a surprise and that’s what it’ll be. Knowing me, I’ll probably forget what it was by the time I get it anyway,” she giggled.

They continued through the city towards his Hollywood Hills home. Niki listened to the conversations around her and only made a comment when she heard Chris yell from the back, “Why didn’t I get to hear the pretty girl sing?” No one answered him. Next thing Niki knew, a balled up napkin bounced in off the top of her head and landed in her lap.

“Just for that, Fievel, you get nothing.” She tried to cover up her smile. “Nothing I say. Zip. Zilch. Nothing!!” That’s when they all heard it.

“I’m getting’ nuthin’ for Christmas. Mommy and Daddy are mad,” Chris sang in his best five year old voice. “I’m getting’ nuthin’ for Christmas ‘cause I ain’t been nuthin’ but bad.” That made everyone laugh.

9:30p PT
Everyone had been dropped off at the right house. All that was left were JC, Niki, and of course Chris, who wouldn’t keep quiet about whatever it was that JC had recorded of Niki.

“Can I hear it when we get inside?” he asked from behind them.

“NO!!!”

“Aww…come on, guys. I promise to be nice.”

Niki turned in the seat so she could see him. “How ‘bout we do this? When Scotty is ready to play it for me, you can be the only other person in the room. You and Scotty will be the first to see my reaction. Is it a deal?”

“Pinky swear?” he asked sticking out his pinky.

“Pinky swear.” She linked her smallest finger with Chris’ to seal the deal.

“Cool!”

“Are you two finished?” JC asked. “Because I’d like to get out of here and into my house. We still have a party to get to before midnight.” Both Niki and Chris looked out the window to see that they had made it up the hill and were sitting in the driveway of JC’s house. They looked back at one another before Chris spoke.

“After you, Lady Nicole.” He gestured towards the door of the van.

“Why, thank you, Sir Christopher,” she replied in her best English accent.

“Will you two just get out already.” Niki looked over her shoulder at her boyfriend.

“Just for that, no kiss for you at midnight. Let’s go, Topher.” JC just looked on in shock.

“You might want to rethink that whole withholding of the midnight kiss thing.” Chris grabbed the handle of her duffle. “I can’t say why, just seriously rethink it.” He made his way passed her and into the house before she had time to question him. She turned to the van just as JC was making his way out.

“What is he talking about? What do you have planned, Scotty?”

That snapped JC back to reality. “What was that?”

“What does Chris mean by saying I should rethink the midnight kiss? Wha’d I miss now?”

“You don’t honestly think he was serious, do you? Com on. Let’s go get ready/” JC took her hand as he lead the way into the house.

“He sure sounded serious,” she thought to herself.

“Looks like Chris already took your bag upstairs, so pick a bathroom and let’s get busy.” Niki gave him a look with a raised eyebrow. “What?!?!”

“Pick a bathroom and let’s get busy?!? We don’t have time for what ever you have in mind. Maybe later, Scotty, but not right now.” She gave him a pat on the cheek before heading in the direction of the stairs. JC still looked puzzled as he watched her sashay her way up the stairs before it clicked in his mind as to what she was talking about.

“Hey! That’s not what I was talking about.” He chased after her. “I know we have to get ready. That’s what I was talking about. Now who has their mind in the gutter?” He caught up to Niki, grabbed her around the waist, and picked her up causing her to send out a squeal.

“Hey, you two. We don’t have time for your…your…I don’t even wanna know what you’re doing.” Chris shouted from behind the closest door. The happy couple in the hall giggled.

“Sorry, Topher.” Niki apologized. “Now put me down, Scotty. You heard the man.” She leaned down and kissed him. “We don’t have time for this.” He kissed her back before she could say another word.

“There’ll be plenty of time later,” he said as he pulled out of the kiss and put her down. JC turned and walked back down the hall to his room.

“Hey, Scotty!” she yelled at his back. He slowly turned towards her before entering the room. “How should I dress? You never told me what the attire was going to be.”

“Whatever you feel comfortable in, angel.” He smiled.

“Don’t tell me that. I might come out in jeans and a tank top.”

“Sounds good to me. Now go get ready. Time’s a wasting, woman.” And with that said, he disappeared into the room leaving her standing there more confused than before.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story