“She gonna be okay, C?” Chris asked still standing behind the booth.

“Yeah, man. She’ll be fine. Just needs some air, but she’s fine.” He answered reassuring himself more than his older friend.

“Okay. I’ll go get her some water. She’s gonna need that, right?”

“Yeah, sure.” was all he said as he looked down at the face of his angel and gently stroked her cheek.

“I am so sorry. I didn’t know I was hurting her.” Suni sobbed as Justin held her. “I was just so excited. I didn’t mean to hurt her.”

“Shh…it’s ok. No one ‘s blaming you, baby.” He comforted her, then looked over her shoulder at the unconscious woman stretched out on the booth, and finally at his friend before speaking again. “She’s gonna be just fine. JC will make sure of that.”

“Come on, angel. You gotta be ok,” whispered JC.

“Help is on the way,” Lance told the man next to him. JC looked up at him. “I called the cars and told them that we needed to leave.”

“Yeah, and I found these guys and they said they’d help too.” Chris walked up with three of water and five members of their security in tow.

“Thank guys. Guess we better get going. Just need a little help here.” Lance moved to help JC with Niki. They got her to the edge of the booth where a bodyguard easily picked her up. The group made it’s way to t service elevator. Once they reached the exit door, they checked to make sure the cars were outside. As they got in the vehicle, Niki started to come around. She was stretched across the seat just as she was in the booth with her head on JC’s lap. He stroked the side of her face few times before she opened her eyes.

“Hey,” he smiled softly. “How you feel?”

“I’m okay, just a little dizzy.” Looking at her surroundings, Niki asked, “Ummm…why are we in the car? Where are we going?”

“You don’t remember?” She shook her head. “We were at the club. I asked you to marry me.” She felt around her left hand, and then raised it so she could see. There on her finger was the proof.

“So it wasn’t a dream?”

“No way, baby. This is all real.” He smiled at her while taking her small hand and bringing it to his lips. Niki closed her eyes and remembered everything he said to her: the cheesy song lyrics, Chris trying to sing along, the kiss, everything…well, almost everything.

“That still doesn’t explain why I’m laying down on the backseat of a car or where we’re going.” She opened her eyes and looked at him.

“You don’t remember that either.” She shook her head again. “Well, with all the excitement, Suni congratulated us by practically jumping on your back. She had you sandwich between us. By the time Lance and Justin got her off, you had passed out.”

Niki’s eyes went wide. “I need to talk to her.” She tried to sit up, but JC wasn’t having it. “Scotty, I need to sit up. I’m fine really.” He had become quite comfortable with her resting on him, but helped her sit up anyway. She rested her head on his shoulder. “Umm…where’s my purse? My phone’s in there.”

“I saw Kelly with it when we left the club. Don’t worry. Everyone’s headed to my house, so you’ll have it in a few.” His new fiancée raised an eyebrow at him. “What?!?!”

“Everyone?!? Your house?!?”

“It was all part of the plan. After we left the club, we were all coming back here to play games, movies, whatever.”

“Well, maybe I had plans just for us. You know…me and you.” She pointed between the two of them. His eyes went wide.

“Really?!?!!”

“Umm…ewww…” Niki finally noticed Chris in the front seat. “And just what am I suppose to do when your lovesounds are echoing throughout the house? Huh? Are you trying to force me out into the streets, Chasez?”

“Nah.” JC placed his index finger up to Niki’s mouth. “We have the rest our lives to torture you.” He mouthed, “I love you.” to her.

“Fine, but consider this a warning, Sir Christopher.”

“Yes, m’ lady. A warning it shall be.” And he blew her a kiss.

“We’ll continue this conversation later,” JC said as they pulled up to the house. He got out, and then helped Niki out. He placed a his jacket around her shoulder to keep the chill off of her. He tossed the house keys at Chris when he saw that the others were pulling up deciding to take his time walking with Niki in the house. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked just as they were about to enter the house.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She grabbed hold of his hand. “Come on, Scotty. We have people waiting on us inside.”

“I know. I’m just worried.” He kissed her forehead softly before opening the door and leading her into the house.

The first person that approached Niki once they made it through the was Chris. “Lady Nicole, you gave us such a scare. Are you doing better than we last saw thee?” he asked while kneeling before her and holding her hand.

“Why, Sir Christopher, I do believe your attention is making me blush.” She giggled. “I am feeling much better. Thank you, kind sir.” He kissed her hand before standing up.

“What the hell was that?” Joey said from his seat on the steps. “I mean…come on. What am I missing here?”

“You of all people should know Shakespeare when you hear it.”

“Yeah, I do, Lance, but that…” he pointed towards Niki and Chris. “Thank ain’t it.”

“Medieval Times.” Justin offered causing everyone to laugh.

“Whatever it is, they do it everytime they see each other. I’m surprised none of you noticed it before now.”

“Are you serious, C? How do you deal with it?”

“I let them get it out of their systems while I hide out in different room.”

“Hey! We are still in the room, people. Besides, I’m just happy to know that Niki’s okay.”

“So am I, “ Suni finally said while approaching her friend. She pulled Niki into a gentle hug. “I really am sorry, Nik. I didn’t know I was hurting you.” As tears fell from her eyes, she released her friend.

“I know you didn’t. It’s cool. I was just excited and hot. It’s not your fault.” Niki hugged her friend again before returning to JC’s side. “Now from what I’ve been told, we’re suppose to be having our own little party. Well, let’s get this party started.” She smiled at everyone. “First things first, I have got to get out of this dress.”

“You need me to help you with that, baby?” JC asked giving his best look of innocence.

“Of course I do. You helped me get in it, may as well help me get out of it.” She said leading him towards the stairs.

“Anyone have earplugs I can borrow? Don’t wanna hear what’s gonna happen up there.” Chris rolled his eyes while the couple disappeared upstairs.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story