stories/1486/images/blu3.gifThe following day

"She completely used me. She used me to get what she wanted and that was a juicy story for her friggin newspaper." Justin spoke angrily to his friend as they both sat on the sofa, watching TV. "I told her I was gonna sue her and the company for all they've got. You don't do some shit like that."

"Yeah, but..." Rick, his friend hesitated. "I don't think you really have a case." he flashed him an unbelievable look.

"Damn right, I do! She used my name, therefore I do have a case. I wasn't aware that she was a journalist. She tricked me! She made me believe she was some regular chick trying to have some fun. I didn't know she was doing it for her job." he took a sip of his beer.

"Hmm, I dunno. You know what they will do? They probably will settle out of court. They don't wanna deal with all of those lawyer fees and so fourth. And it would be easier that way. Less headache." he implied. "You know, I heard you're not the first celebrity she's written about." he nodded in agreement.

"I know. It's so fucked up, because when I saw her at the club that night...I was like, she looks familiar. I just didn't remember where I saw her from. And look..."

"Ha-Ha." he laughed hysterically. "You got yourself in some shit like always. I told you about just picking up anybody just because they're hot as hell."

"Yeah." he sighed, never taking his eyes off the television in front of him. "I dunno, man. I just have a thing for sexy ass women. It's hard for me to pass them up. I think I have a problem. Damn, what if the other women I had sex with decide to come out as well? Shit."

"I gotta tell you, I read that article." he quickly looked his direction, feeling completely odd.

"You did? Why?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess I was interested in knowing what all the chaos was about. I saw it everywhere. AND I really wanted to know how this girl was in bed." he held a disgusted look on his face.

"I couldn't read it. I just couldn't put myself through anymore embarrassment. It's a really bad feeling. Knowing that your sex life is on blast for everyone to see." he ran his fingers through his uneven hair. "Or read, whatever. I think I'm gonna lay low for awhile. JUST from Hot Cocoas." he sat up, sitting his beer on the coffee table. "I can't put myself through anymore problems while I try and sort this thing out. Any way, I think I'm gonna head back home. I need to make some calls...see what my lawyer thinks." he stood to his feet, stretching his arms and legs afterwards. "Damn, I'm tired."

"Keep me updated. I wanna know what's going on."

"All right." he grabbed his keys from off the table and ambled towards the front door. "I'll see ya' later." he departed the house and headed towards his awaiting vehicle. On his way home, he decided to stop by the store for a few groceries. Before stepping out of his car, he reached in the back seat for his cap. He didn't want anyone recognizing him so easily. "Almost forgot." he slipped on his shades on his way inside.

Welcome to Save A Lot, where all your shopping needs are met! A computer voice spoke as he entered the store.

"Good afternoon, sir. Would you like our weekly ad?" a woman stood near the door with a stack of papers in her hands.

"No, thanks." he answered, keeping his head down the whole time, proceeding further inside. He tried making his visit very quick by speed walking down the aisles, grabbing the items that he needed. When he finished shopping, he made his way towards one of the registers.

"So, I told him to back off because I need space." he overheard a woman in front of him talking on her cell phone. "I know! I know, right?" he didn't understand why some people spoke so loud over the phone, telling all of their business and he on the other hand, did the opposite. But his business was still somehow public for everyone to see and all because of some bitch reporter. Or journalist.

Finally, the loud mouth woman was finished paying and he was next in line. "Hello, how are you?" the cashier greeted. He sat all of the items on the belt, never looking up.

"I'm good. Thank you." he grabbed his wallet, pulling out his credit card.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" the cashier asked, scrutinizing him closely.

"Yes, I did." he happened to glance at a magazine with his face on the cover. Justin sleeps with hookers, it read. "What the hell is this?" he mumbled, not realizing the cashier finished ringing up his items.

"61.78." she spoke, waking him out of the trance.

"Sorry." he handed her his credit card. She gazed at the name on it, a soft gasp escaping her lips.

"Oh my god." she mumbled, trying so hard not to freak out. After swiping his card, she handed it back to him. "Did you really sleep with all them girls?" he quickly looked up with this shocked look on his face. First it went from one girl to girls as in more than one? He quickly grabbed his groceries and rushed out of the store. This was really starting to take a toll on him. He was so out of it, that he didn't realize he had almost stepped in front of a moving car.

"Shit." he examined the driver in the car as it proceeded pass him. When he recognized who it was, his eyes shot wide open. "Perfect." he decided to follow the car. So without further thinking, he hopped in his car and followed the way the car went. After driving down the road, making a few turns and stops at traffic lights--the burgundy car finally pulled up in front of a house. He watched as the driver stepped out of the car, immediately gazing at his car that was parked on the side of the road. "Hmm, you see me, don't you?" he scrutinized the woman carefully as she proceeded towards the front door. When she entered the house, he decided to step out of his car and approach the house. He knew following her was wrong, but he didn't care. His career was in jeopardy because of her.

As soon as he stood up on the porch, the door flew open. "What are you doing here?" she asked, stepping out on the patio. "You're following me now?"

"It wasn't a coincidence that you were at the store around the same time I was. You followed me, so I should be asking you the same question." she crossed her arms over her chest.

"That's nonsense. I did not follow you. I don't have time to..."

"Bullshit." he cut her off. "That's your job to follow celebrities around so you can try and get a story for your magazine."

"First of all, it's a newspaper I work for. Not magazine." she corrected. "And secondly, I already got my story on you. You sleep around with sluts, remember?" he nodded, slowly moving in closer to her.

"Of coarse I remember. I was the one betrayed. And lets clear something up..." he burned a hole into her. "...if I sleep around with sluts, what does that make you?" she looked away, not having a clue what to say. "You think you're any different then those other women who I've slept with? The ONLY difference is that they knew how to keep their mouths shut. They didn't publish it in a magazine. Oh I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that. Newspaper." she rolled her eyes in attitude. "At least I did accomplish something." he spoke, backing away from her. "I know where you live now." she returned a questioning look, watching him turn and head back to his car.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" he held up his hand, flipping her the bird as he proceeded towards his vehicle. "Bastard." She watched him hop in his car and speed off.
__________

8:34pm (Five hours later)

Justin took a seat at the kitchen table with a plate of food in his hands. He sat the plate on the table and grabbed his fork, stabbing it in a piece of New York stripped steak. For some reason, he had a vision of stabbing his fork in a specific woman. He knew it was a horrible thing to think of but he was starting not to care. This whole newspaper issue was really getting to him. After debating for hours on end, he finally decided to read the article and truthfully, he wasn't displeased at all. She actually said a lot of good things about him. But that still didn't give her a right to tell the world.

He chewed on his steak, sitting at his table in deep thought. He was just now realizing how lonely he was. He lived in a six bedroom mansion by himself and he sat at his table, eating all by himself. This was the life he chose. The bachelor life. The life where he didn't really have big responsibilities, like taking care of a family. The life where he had no one depending on him and no one taking care of him. He got to have fun, like sleeping around with beautiful women. He guessed that was the only good part about it.

He was turning thirty in a few months, so he knew he had to start making some changes. He wasn't getting any younger. All the partying and one night stands had to come to a halt eventually. Or at least decelerate.

The sound of the doorbell woke him out of his thoughts. He quickly looked up to stare at the door in questioning. He wasn't expecting company, so he had know idea who it was. He stood up, making his way towards the door when the doorbell went off once again. "Coming." he peered in the peep hole to gaze at a woman standing out on his porch. "What the hell..." he stepped back as he tried to figure out whether he should open the door or not. He then pressed the button attached to the speaker box. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you." he gazed at the familiar woman, wondering what was up her sleeve now.

"Okay, talk."

"Can I come in?" he watched her closely, never taking his eyes off her. He noticed how uneasy she looked. She had to build up a lot of guts to come all the way to his house. Especially after what she did to him. Without a word spoken, he unlocked the door and yanked it open. Her eyes instantly met his gaze, her heart skipping a beat. For some reason, she found herself lost with words. She knew why she came there and now her mind went completely blank.

"There's nothing left to talk about."

"Um..." she bit her lip in thought. What was it she came to talk to him about? "I'm sorry, I..." she thought hard about what she was going to say.

"What is it?" he asked impatiently. "You're making my food cold."

"Oh yeah." she finally remembered why she came there. "I left something here." he flashed her a bizarre look. "My bra." his eyebrows raised interestingly as he immediately broke out laughing.

"Are you serious? You actually came all the way down here for a bra?! Try again." he attempted to close the door on her but she held it open.

"All right, fine. You wanna know the real reason why I'm here?" he peered over the other side of the door where she was located.

"What? Why are you here?" he asked, waiting impatiently for an answer. She stood there with this look in her eyes as she tried building up the courage to tell him why she was standing there on his porch. And the more he waited, the more irritable he became.

stories/1486/images/blu4.gif



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story