I’ve always been that girl.

The one who has nothing but male friends. The one who never learned how to put on make-up, or dress properly. The one who wasn’t afraid to get dirty or work on a car. The one who either had to be the worlds biggest slut, or a lesbian.

And I’m fine with being that girl. It’s never really occurred to me that I should be any other way. The people in my life never seemed too concerned that I was a better football player that most of the boys my age, so I always figured it was perfectly acceptable for a girl to be the way I was.

Maybe it was losing my mother at the age of two. Maybe it was my hatred for all things pink, frilly or sparkly. Or maybe I was just programmed differently. No matter the reason, I was the way I was.

And then she showed up.

I know people like to feed each other that bullshit about other people coming into your life for a reason. Yet, there’s never any way to tell what that reason really is until after the shit’s hit the fan and everything’s fucked up.

That’s when you realize, you probably should have avoided that person at all costs.

Lyla Riggins is that person for me. And she is the god damn devil.

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story