Author's Chapter Notes:
There's a lot happening in this chapter and I hope it wasn't all over the place...lol

Lila called to let me know she was leaving her apartment and had put Peanut in his cage. I asked her if Marco would be joining us tonight, but she informed me that he’d left for a brief business trip. Something to do with talking to important people and wooing them with his talent and charm. He wouldn’t be back for a couple days and Lila seemed happy to be able to let loose with friends, in his absence.

I knew she’d be arriving at my apartment shortly and I’d have to be ready to hop into her car. Luckily, I was ready to get the night started and had my wardrobe all set. I had put on a black dress with a frilly skirt that just went above my knees. The straps of the dress were spaghetti and the neck was cut low. It covered just enough skin without everyone seeing what God blessed me with. I’d fixed my long locks into a perfectly coifed pony tail and it hung sleekly down my back. For my make up, I’d applied smoky eye-shadow and black mascara upon my eyes and also reddened my lips with a new crimson shade. I felt that I looked good and wasn’t necessarily screaming “hooker”. As for shoes, I’d slid my feet into some high-heeled silver sandal and knew they’d be comfortable enough for a few hours at the club. I also found a silver purse to match my sandals and keep some necessities in. I wasn’t sure what the night would bring, but I knew at least I’d look good.

I hadn’t dated anyone in awhile, nor danced with complete strangers. My heart was still fragile from the heartbreak caused by Trevor. So I wasn’t really looking to get random numbers or find a love connection. I just wanted to have a good time and I had a feeling I would. I just hoped no drama would take place.


Lila called me again, when she had arrived outside of my apartment building. I knew she wouldn’t want to come up for even a moment, seeing as it was just a few minutes till midnight. So I told her I would be down in a second and sure enough I was. I slid into the passenger seat of her car and buckled up, smiling at her.

“Hey, Lila. Thanks for picking me up. You ready to get this party started?” She grinned and nodded her head.

“No problem, Everly. You know I’m ready to have some fun. Voyeur can get pretty crazy on the weekend. Nathaniel is still coming, right?”

“Yes, he is. I talked to him earlier and he was putting the final touches on his outfit. He said he’d try to be there right at midnight. I’m pretty sure we’ll find him when we get there.”

“Sounds good. I talked to JC on my way here and he said that he and everyone else were running just a tad late, but not to worry. I told him we wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you, me, and Nathaniel are there, that’s all that matters.” I chuckled then, knowing she was just joking around.

Ultimately, JC was the one I wanted to see the most. I just felt so good when I hung out with him and he made for great eye candy as well. It didn’t hurt to have an attractive friend, but it did hurt that I was attracted to him and wasn’t beyond friends with him. I tried to not dwell on that though.

“Yeah, Nathaniel’s the real life of the party.” She chuckled at my remark in return.

“Yeah, who knows how that boy is going to act tonight.” I could very well see him hitting on men, regardless of whether they were gay or straight.

“As long as he stays in control, it’s all good in the hood. I’d be more worried about Dallas. Last time I was out with him and JC, he got totally drunk. He was a mess and blacked out in JC’s car.”

I laughed, but I knew that it wasn’t the nicest thing to laugh at. I shook my head then and watched as the city blocks passed by and we quickly came upon the club. Voyeur appeared packed or almost getting to that point when Lila pulled into a parking lot opposite of the club. There was a line of people waiting to get in and music was thumping out of the club doors.

Once Lila found a free spot and killed the engine of her car, I hopped out. She got out as well and locked up her car. We both walked over to the entry line and pulled out our ids. I knew both Lila and I would get a good stare down, seeing as we didn’t appear much older than legal age. Even though she was on her way to thirty and I was right behind her at twenty-eight. I was excited to get in and find Nathaniel, knowing he probably cut the line somehow and made it in already. So it was a relief when the line moved faster than expected and we found ourselves past the security guard and into Voyeur.

As soon as we stepped in, we noticed just how packed it really was. It seemed as if everyone wanted to start the weekend off right and I didn’t blame them. I wasn’t exactly sure how we were going to find Nathaniel among the throngs of people. I held onto Lila’s hand and decided to go over to the bar first. If he was grabbing a drink, it would be easier to notice him.

“I don’t see him.” Lila piped up, just loud enough into my ear, as we scoped out the bar. I didn’t see him either and decided to lead Lila near some tables and booths. It was possible that he had grabbed a table to wait for us.

“Maybe he’s got a drink already and saving us a table?” I suggested and we perused the area of tables and booths. I noticed some people were already having their fair share of booze and some couples were making out at tables.

“There he is!” I heard Lila shout and then looked over at a corner booth, that my eyes had missed. Sitting alone and nursing a beer, sat a well-dressed man who was definitely Nathaniel.

“Hey girls!” He squealed, seeing us approach him and he stood up, giving each of us a generous bear hug.

“Everly, you’re smoking hot! Oh and look at you, Lila. Marco should be mad he’s not here to fight boys off.” He motioned for both of us to sit down and we happily obliged, taking seats across from him in the booth.

“Thank you, Nathaniel. You don’t look so bad yourself.” I grinned, noting that his shirt had the buttons popped open for potential suitors to sneak a peek.

He grinned, happy to always hear a positive compliment. “So where’s, JC? I was looking all over for a man with a fedora on, but didn’t spot one.”

Lila and I both laughed and then she answered. “He’s on his way. Summer, Pete, Alex, Dallas, and him were running a little late. Also, if I need someone to fight off boys, you can do it, Nathaniel.”

I laughed again, knowing that Nathaniel would protect Lila if he had to. He didn’t mind getting a little rough with men. It was something he could enjoy.

“I’ll keep my eye on both of you girls, when I’m not keeping my eyes on hot guys.” I shook my head, not expecting anything less from him.

“Or maybe, Everly and I will have to keep guys off you.” Lila quipped and then winked at him.

“No, no, honey. I like guys on me. I wouldn’t want you girls to hurt yourselves over little old me.” I chuckled, amused as always by my dear friend.


The three of us continued to chat and laugh like a trio of fun, waiting for the others to arrive. After Nathaniel finished off his beer, he decided he wanted to dance and so Lila and I joined him on the dance floor. We found a tiny space where the three of us could dance together and not be crushed. It was nice to shake my hips and groove to the music and not feel any pressure since I wasn’t dancing with a straight guy. Nathaniel spun me around a couple times and really was a show-off. I felt Lila tap my shoulder after a couple songs and that’s when she pointed in the direction of the bar then.

“Look, the gang is all here. We should probably go over to them.” I nodded and then followed Lila to the bar, with Nathaniel behind me.

When we approached the bar, I spotted Dallas first and the man was grinning, already holding a drink in his hand. Then there were Pete and Alex, who were looking good, but neither of them were my type. They had beers already and seemed to be scoping out the girls on the dance floor. Just past them was Summer, who looked like a hot mess and had her arm around JC. She seemed to have her arm around him more times than not and it irked me every time. She was protective of him and so was I, but that didn’t mean I threw myself upon him and made myself look like a leech attached to him.

When JC turned around, from receiving a beer from the bartender, I caught sight of his face then and smiled. His eyes were sparkling and he still hadn’t shaved, so his scruff was still very tempting. He had on a silver-gray fedora that appeared to have a reddish ribbon around it and he sported a red and black plaid shirt, with the first button popped open and sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His legs were covered with dark denim jeans and sneakers adorned his feet. He just always looked….too good for words.

“Hi.” I said softly, knowing he probably just managed to hear me. He smiled and then reached out for my hand. He pulled me right beside him so it was easier to talk.

“Hey, you.” He looked me up and down and gave me a look. “Looking to go home with a lucky guy tonight? ‘Cause that’s what your dress tells me.”

I blushed and laughed, playfully smacking his shoulder then. Summer pulled away and tossed me a look, but I ignored it. She began to talk to Lila and Nathaniel instead.

“I am not going to be lucky tonight. This is just a dress. I like to wear dresses, okay?” JC just nodded his head.

“So, have you grabbed a drink yet? If not, your first one is on me.” I shook my head and then watched JC pulled his wallet out.

“So pick your poison, honey.” I grinned and contemplated it for a second, but then gave him a response.

“Grey Goose. On the rocks, please.” He motioned a bartender over then and ordered exactly that for me. A moment later he handed me my drink and I smiled.

“Thanks, JC.”

“No problem.” He smiled. “On the way here, I sort of told Dallas you’d dance with him.”

I looked over at Dallas and then back to JC and I saw a guilty look on his face. “Would you please just do it? I don’t mean to like pimp you out, but he would have a real good time dancing with you. He likes a little cream in his coffee, if you know what I mean.”

I laughed then, not upset, but more so amused. I would’ve preferred Dallas asking me on his own to dance with him, but it was no big deal. I would be a good sport and dance with the man. It wasn’t like I was being asked to hook up with him. I looked back over at Dallas and he gave me a big smile. He held his drink in his hand and he opened his arms, almost welcoming me over.

“I think I can handle it.” I looked back at JC. “Looks like he’s ready for me.”

JC grinned and then chuckled slightly. “Thank you. Now go have some fun.”


I’d managed to follow Dallas out onto the dance floor and we both sipped on our drinks as we began moving to the music. I felt more comfortable dancing face to face, not really wanting to grind with him. He seemed okay with that though and moved to the beat of the music, while keeping his eyes on me. “You’re like a vanilla milkshake. I just want to sip on you.” He purred and I tried to keep a straight face.

“Yeah?” I asked, figuring out that he had to have taken some drugs as well or he was just that weird in general. Maybe it was even the alcohol talking.

“Definitely. How is it that JC gets all the pretty girls? Whenever I come visit, he’s always got beauties surrounding him.”

I shrugged my shoulders and chuckled. “Maybe he has more game?”

“Nah, nah. White boy has no game. I’m the one with game. You can call me, smooth chocolate.”

I just didn’t even waste my breath commenting on that. I knew that Dallas and JC had totally different personalities and they attracted different kinds of women. I couldn’t help it if Dallas just struggled more in that area of his life.

“No, thanks. I’ll just stick to Dallas.” He pouted, but then quickly smiled and drank more of his alcohol.

“You really are beautiful, Everly.” He swayed his hips and bumped a hip against mine. “I need more hot girl friends like you. You want to be my friend?”

I knew there was no harm in saying yes and it was actually kind of funny. So I simply replied, “Sure.”

He then pulled me against him and dropped a sloppy kiss to my cheek and he grinded into me. I quickly pulled back and made space between us again. He seemed a little too happy with my answer. I didn’t feel like being molested by one of JC’s friends, or rather one of my friends now.


He gave me a look like he thought I was playing hard to get and then just laughed. “I need to go grab another drink. I think some hard shit, like whiskey.”

I just nodded and watched as Dallas went back over toward the bar. Then I looked to my right and noticed that Nathaniel was dancing with some guy and they seemed to be having a good time. Lila and Summer were dancing together as if they were lesbians and I just shook my head. I spotted JC next and saw him still where I’d left him, at the same stool at the bar. He looked to be nursing a second beer and just watching everyone.

I decided to return to him and grinned as I stepped beside him. “So, Dallas told me I’m a vanilla milkshake.”

JC laughed. “See…I keep him around for the entertainment value. He didn’t creep you out too much, did he?”

I shook my head.

“Good. Why don’t I buy you another drink?” I shook my head again, but JC protested.

“Come on. One more. It’s no big deal.” I sighed, knowing he wanted to get his way. So I allowed him to get me another Grey Goose.

When it was it was served, JC handed it to me and then smiled. “You going to dance with anyone else or was Dallas your man of the night?”

“Well I danced with Nathaniel before you got here. So that’s actually two partners so far.” I took a sip of my new drink. “What about you? Aren’t you going to have some fun and get on the dance floor?”

He shrugged. “Eh, I don’t know.”

“Well I’ve never really known you to just sit at the bar and not bust out a move the whole night.” I then reached for his hand and tugged on it. “If you only dance one time tonight…then I should be your girl of the night.” I smirked at him.

He let out a soft chuckle and then sighed. “It’s a nice offer, but I think I’m good. Plus, Dallas might mack on you harder if he sees you with a new dance partner.”

I felt my smile turn upside down and it wasn’t the answer that I had hoped for. It was honestly a little weird to me. JC was so good about letting loose on the dance floor and being care free with whomever he danced with. It didn’t seem right that he just wanted to sit by the bar and sip on beers.

“Well suit yourself.” I sighed and mustered up a small smile.

Just then, Summer walked back over and she took a seat on the empty bar stool next to JC. She gave me a smile, as she leaned in toward JC and I just walked away then. I stepped back onto the dance floor and I found Lila and Nathaniel dancing together. I made my way to them and they both smiled at me.

“Having fun?” Lila asked. “We saw you dancing with Dallas.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Well I was, but now I’m not so sure. Dallas is crazy, that’s for sure. He’s a very interesting guy to dance with, let alone talk to. It’s just that JC didn’t even want to dance one dance with me.”

Nathaniel gasped then. “You’re looking all hot and he denied you? Maybe he’s gay after all. I mean, seriously, how could he say no to you?”

Lila rolled her eyes at Nathaniel and then she shook her head. “Maybe he’s just not in the mood tonight? I know that sounds weird since he basically asked for all of us to come here, but I can’t explain why he does or doesn’t do things.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Yeah, who knows. Guess I’ll have to resort to another dance with Dallas.”

“And maybe I’ll have to resort to going over to JC and getting that hunk of man away from the bar and on the dance floor.” Nathaniel sassed.

Lila and I both chuckled, finding it funny, but knowing it wasn’t going to happen.


Dallas ended up finding me again and when he did, I could tell he’d consumed a lot of alcohol in the moments we’d been apart. He seemed to walk a little slower and his speech sounded a little sloppier, as he asked for another dance. He even slid his arm around me and dropped a kiss upon my forehead. I wasn’t all that excited about it, but I knew he was harmless. So I accepted another dance with him, if only to be kind and to get my mind off the fact that JC was being a party pooper.

Dallas and I slowly grinded to the music and he spun me around a couple times, even with his coordination getting a little funky. I was just happy I had more control of myself and managed to keep us from bumping into people.

“So fucking hot.” He mumbled. The compliment caught me off guard, seeing as I hardly had guys using obscenities when talking about me. I wasn’t sure if he thought I was seriously that hot or if his alcohol was just making me appear much hotter than I was. Maybe he was even just desperate to get laid. Though before I could even respond or do anything else, I was taken by surprise by a quick, hard tug on my ponytail.

I was pulled away from Dallas by the force, as another hard tug whipped my head back. I cried out, not knowing what was going on or why someone was practically trying to give me whiplash with my own ponytail.

“Get away from him, bitch.” A male voice hissed right behind me and I dropped my drink, as the man tugged once more on my hair. I was scared then, not sure why this man was attacking me or calling me a bitch.

I tried to get away from him and just felt the man keep his grasp on me. Dallas was no help as he just watched in confusion and I was pissed. I had gotten Grey Goose spilled on me and I had a grown man attacking me. I tried turning around then and the mystery man tugged on my hair another time, the hardest of all, causing my hair to almost come out of the elastic it was tied up in.

“Get the fuck away from her!” I heard then, and noticed that Dallas was pushed out of the way as JC made his way beside me. “Leave her alone!”

“Whatcha gonna do about it, skinny ass pansy?” My attacker asked then, clearly not intimated by JC. Though I was relieved someone had tried to come and help me. An intoxicated Dallas was apparently useless.

“What did she even do to you, man?”

“She told me I was the ugliest dude in this joint and that she’d never ever dance with me. Then I see her dancing with some gay as heck dude and then some ghetto trash, whom are clearly not as hot as me. She’s a fake ass bitch trying to play hard to get. I don’t take that crap.”

The words stung, even if this man was out of his mind and clearly was intoxicated. It scared me that he’d even creeped on me. It was possible he’d gotten me confused with another girl who actually offended him, but to be attacked and called a fake bitch was just totally uncalled for no matter what. I then heard JC trying to calmly appease the situation.

“Listen, man. This girl here is anything, but a fake ass bitch and you clearly have her mistaken for a real one. So I advise you to let go of her hair right this moment and sober up, or I will get security right this moment.”

“Security doesn’t scare me!”

“Does jail time?” I felt my hair being let go and my ponytail dropped against my back. I was free from anyone’s grasp and I was happy that JC had posed such a question.


“I ain’t going to jail for her dumb ass. No thanks, pansy.” I caught sight of the man walking away then and I sighed with the biggest relief. I had never been attacked like that before and it could’ve gotten uglier if JC hadn’t come to my defense and saved me from the situation.

I felt him pull me into a hug then and I rested my head upon JC’s shoulder and I just held on tight to him.

“Oh Ev, you okay, honey?” He asked, softly.

“I don’t know. I’ve got vodka spilled on me, my neck hurts, and I was called a bitch.” I murmured.

“I know, I know. It’s a lot of shit and I’m sorry. Some people are fucking jerks.”

“Thanks for rescuing me. Dallas was no use.” I squeezed JC tighter and breathed in the scent of him, realizing that this was the best moment of the night. Even if I had to just go through hell to be in his arms.

JC chuckled softly. “ I noticed that. I was watching and waiting to see if he’d pull you away from the guy, but when he didn’t, I knew I had to come get you out of the situation myself.”

“Well thank you again.” I continued holding onto him and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. It was something that I had imagined doing many times over and it felt comforting after what just took place.

“I think we should get you home, Evers. You probably could use some good rest and some painkillers. Your neck might start to hurt.” I yawned then and I pressed a kiss to his neck, leaving crimson residue upon his skin.

I felt him tense slightly then and he slowly peeled me away from him. His hand went to the lipstick on his neck and he wiped at it, as he slid his other hand into mine. “We’re going find Lila and I’ll tell her I’m taking you home.”

We managed to do just that and found the whole gang by the bar, getting more to drink. Summer enveloped me in a hug, telling me she’d seen the whole scene unfold and was the one that urged JC to go help me, even though I figured it was just her being phony again. Dallas then gave me a hug next and apologized profusely that he hadn’t done a thing to help. He also called me fucking hot again, to which I just nodded.

I was so happy when I saw Lila and Nathaniel then, knowing they were the two that cared the most. They both gave me hugs and told me they would’ve beat the man’s ass had they seen it happen. I knew they would’ve, but luckily JC took care of things.

“I’m going to take her home, Lila. I understand that everyone else might want to stick around longer and that’s fine.” JC spoke up, still holding onto my hand, ready to lead me out of the club and to his car.

Lila nodded. “That’s a good idea, JC. Don’t you worry about the rest of us.”

Nathaniel then pressed a kiss to my cheek and then he glanced at JC. “Now you take real good care of her for me, buddy.”

I laughed, seeing him toss a wink then and JC just nodded his head. I said goodbye to Lila and Nathaniel and then felt JC tug me through the crowd of people over to the exit.

I walked with him to his car and he opened the passenger side door and made sure I got in okay, before stepping back around to get in the driver’s side. Once we were both in and buckled up, he revved up the engine and began the drive back to my place.

I quickly noticed after a few blocks that we weren’t headed to my place anymore, seeing as JC passed up a street where he was suppose to turn.

“I thought you were taking me home?” I asked, glancing over at him.

He turned his head toward me for a split second. “Yeah, you’re going home with me, like in my place.”

That explained it then and I tried to hold back the smile that wanted to form upon my lips.

“You got a problem with that?” He asked, driving toward his house now.

“Nope. No problem at all.”

 

Chapter End Notes:
Any comments are appreciated! Hope you're all enjoying so far...


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc producerjc