Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay, so this chapter picks up from where chapter 16 left off. I'm really excited about this chapter! It's been my most favorite chapter that I've written so far, so I hope that you guys enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in

detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for makings us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Breakfast Club

 

As the now classic "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds plays in the background, the scene switches from Mr. Vernon reading the letter from the five teenagers, to John Bender walking away from the football field, he pumps his fist in the air, the frame freezes and the credits roll. Epicness!

Leah reached over to the coffee table to grab the remote and turn the movie off. She let out a small chuckle, looking down at her lap at a sleeping JC. Poor baby, he must be so tired, he and the guys really work their asses off. It was so sweet that he took the time out just to come and see her. He made her feel special. Sometimes she wondered why they weren't together. No wait, she knew. She was way to guarded, and scared. But at least he knew how she felt, and she knew he felt the same. She guessed that it was best to just take things slow. She actually liked where they were. Not quite a couple, but they were on their way there. In fact, this is the most open they've been with each other in forever. Once their relationship ended all those years ago, and their careers took off, they were still close, but not nearly as close as they used to be and she seriously missed that. She missed hearing him call her honey! She missed being his honey! She was lonely. Now maybe they could finally get back to that closeness that they had before.

Leah smiled down at JC's sleeping face. He was sooo adorable when he slept. He looked completely at peace, and so innocent. She ran her fingers through his soft dark brown hair, which was now growing out. He didn't move a muscle. If she didn't see his chest rising up and down, or know him at all, she would think he was dead. JC could fall asleep at the drop of a hat, it didn't take much, and once he was out, he was out like a light, and it was hard to get him up!

Looking down at JC, Leah's heart began to flutter. Just like it did the night that she lost her virginity to him. Dammit! Even when he was asleep, he made her feel all nervous and bubbly on the inside! That's the effect that JC, and only JC could have on her. Tyson was her only other boyfriend that she's ever had, and she never felt that way with him. At one point, she figured that maybe you only feel that feeling once and that was it, but after she left Tyson, it's as if things had become so much more clearer. JC was the one. He made her feel good all the time. There wasn't a moment when being in his presence never felt so right. That night, when Leah had flown back home, after her grandmother's funeral, and JC was there, it meant the world to her. The way he held her, the way he was there for her. She felt safe and protected in his arms, like no one could harm her. And she never felt insecure around him. She never felt the need to skip a meal, or count a calorie or secind guess herself when he was around. He made her feel beautiful! And that's how she wanted to feel all the time. She craved that connection, and that sense of safety and security.

Feeling JC roll over on his back, Leah looked down and her eys met with JC's. He blinked a few times, taking in his surroundings. Leah's smiling face came into focus. He could get used to this! "The dead has risen!" Leah said.

"How long was I out for?" JC asked.

"About an hour and a half." Leah replied.

"Damn, that's the whole movie!"

"Yeah pretty much, as soon as the previews started you were out like a light. You hungry?"

"Yeah, a little. I brought gummy worms." JC said innocently.

"I am not going to let you get full off of gummy worms! You are getting homecooked meal." Leah replied. "When's the last time you've had one of those?" She asked.

"Christmas." JC replied.

"Aww, poor baby. I'm totally cooking for you." Leah said, getting up from her place on the couch. JC rolled his neck, and stretched his arms.

"Okay, well I won't stop you." He replied, smiling. Leah walked into the kitchen and looked in to the freezer to see what she could find. Wow, it's a great thing I went grocery shopping, she thought to herself. She pulled out a bag of cocktail shrimp, and a bag of mixed vegetables. She decided she was going to make one of JC's favorites, Shrimp Stir-Fry. She got soy sauce, a red peper, a green pepper, broccoli florets, and an onion from her refrigerator. She went over to her cabinets and got out some garlic powder, and then to her pantry to get out the cornstarch, ginger, and olive oil.

Leah put everything out on the island, and got out all of the kitchen supplies necessary to make the dish. JC walked into the kitchen. "So what are you making?" He asked.

"One of your favorites." Leah replied. "Shrimp Stir-Fry."

"You're amazing you know that?"

"I try!" Leah smiled. She walked over to the sink to wash her hands, and preceded to cook. She combined water, cornstarch, garlic powder, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl, and mixed it up. She then poured olive oil in the skillet and turned the stove on to let it heat. "Hey, could you turn on the radio please?" She asked JC. He did as he was told, and sat down at the kitchen table watching her cook.

The song "Butterfly" by Crazytown started to blare from the speakers.

Come my lady, come, come my lady,

You're my butterfly, suga, baby.

Come my lady, you're my pretty baby,

I'll make your legs shake, you make me go

Crazy.

Leah jumped right into the third verse, rapping along to the song. "Hey suga mama come and dance wit me/ The smartest thing you ever did was take a chance wit me/ Whatever tickles ya fancy, gurl it's me and you like Sid and Nancy/ So sexy almost evil, talkin' 'bout butterflies in my head/ I used to think that happy endings were only in the books I read, gurl you made me feel alive when I was almost dead/ You filled that empty space with the love I used to chase and as far as I can see it don't get better than this/ So butterfly, here is a song and it's sealed with a kiss and a thank you miss!" JC let a light chuckle at Leah's rapping, and watched in admiration as she wound her hips, and rolled her perfect little ass, which the blue jeans that she was wearing accentuated perfectly. She was cute, and that's what made her sexy. She was so beautiful, and didn't even know it. Getting up from where he was, he decided to walk over to her.

As Leah added the broccoli florets to the skillet, she felt JC's hands wrap around her waist, and he began to dance with her. He made her so nervous, she thought she would drop the wooden spoon that she was holding. She thought she would die, when she felt his lips on her neck. "Wh- what are you doing?" Leah stuttered.

"Living in the moment." JC replied, placing light kisses on her neck, he slid the strap of her white tank top down, and began to place subtle kisses on her shoulder. She smelled so sweet. Like a topical mix of passionfruit, strawberries, peaches, and apples. Her body was soft, her curves were in all the right places. When JC held her in his arms, he felt like he was exactly where he was supposed to be. Everything just felt so right.

"Mmmm..." Leah let out a low groan at the wonderful sensation of JC's soft lips upon her skin, which gave her goosebumps. It was absoulute ecstasy! When JC touched her like that, when he kissed her like that, when he held her like that, she felt so weak in the knees. Almost breathless. There was not sweeter feeling than how she was feeling at that moment. In the arms of the perfect man. She let out a light giggle, as his lips moved back up to her neck, then slightly nibbled at her ear lobe. "Dammit Jace, do you wanna eat or not?" Leah asked laughing.

"I can't help it, you're so beautiful, that I can't resist." JC replied. Leah could feel her cheeks growing hot.

"Jace, if you don't stop, you are going to majorly inflate my ego!"

"The way you look, the way you smell, the way you laugh... everything about you is so irresistible. It's impossible for me to keep my hands off of you." JC admitted. He loved the fact that Leah confessed that she still had feelings for him. It cut out all of the awkward tension that had been between them. He knew how she felt, and where she was at, and she knew how he felt. There were no more limits between them, and he loved that. He could kiss her, tell her how beautiful she was, he could hold her, and it was okay. So maybe he wasn't her boyfriend just yet, but they were more than friends now, and he was more than okay with that. Just as JC was about to start kissing his girl again, he heard his phone ring. "Damn!"

"You better get, it could be important." Leah said. JC unwarpped his arms from around Leah and went into the living room to get his cell phone. When JC left the kitchen, Leah let out a breath that she didn't even know she had been holding. To have JC hold her like that, and touch her like that in such a personal way, drove her absolutely crazy! But in the best way possible! She hadn't felt that wonderfuly delirious in so long. Whenever he was around she got butterflies in her stomach. JC took her to a whole nother world where she forgot about everything that had been bothering her. He was her natural high that she never wanted to come down from. Boy, she could get used to this!

Snapping back into reality, she decided that she better add the other ingredients to the skillet before the broccoli burned! Leah added the chopped red pepper, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, and shrimp to the skillet, and cooked those ingredients, then added the the cornstarch, water, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic powder.

"Well does she like Mediterranean food?... Then don't take her to a Mediterranean restaurant." Leah heard JC saying into the phone as he walked back into the kitchen. "Makes since doesn't it? Alright man, bye." JC said before hanging up his phone. "That was Chris, he was freaking out about where to take Danielle since his reservations got cancelled." JC explained.

"You don't have to do that ya know." Leah replied.

"Do what?" JC asked innocently.

"You don't have to tell me who calls you every time your phone rings. Whoever calls you, it's your business. And you don't have to worry, because I won't check your phone when you leave the room either." Leah responded. JC had almost forgotten how chill Leah was. When he was with Bobbie, she wanted to know who was on the other end of the phone every time it rang.

"Oh, okay." JC replied.

"I'm not one of those crazy paranoid, and over possessive girlfriends who constantly wants to know you're whereabouts every second of the day." Leah said. "Can you please set the table?" She asked, stiring the ingredients in the skillet. "It's almost ready!"

"Did you just say girlfriend?" JC asked, his eyebrows raising.

"Uh... maybe?" Leah replied hesitantly, her heart thumping in her chest. She tried to backtrack in her mind what she had said. "I guess it just felt natural to say that." JC smiled as he got plates from the cabinets, and forks from the drawer.

"How do you like that title?" JC asked, placing the utensils on the table, then grabbed glasses from another cabinet. He liked the fact that Leah said girlfriend. Was she his girlfirend now? God only knows how long he's been wanting to claim that.

"It has a ring to it!" Leah joked. JC walked back over to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. God, it felt so good to be wrapped up in his arms. She felt like she was right where she was supposed to be.

"I really want you to be my girlfriend." JC whispered into Leah's ear, sending chills down her spine. Hearing those words from JC meant everything. She wanted to be his! When she was with him, everything felt how it was supposed to feel. She didn't want to be a fool and let the opportunity pass her by again.

"And I really wanna be your girlfriend." Leah admitted.

"So then what's stopping us?" JC asked seriously. It seemed like every single time, just as they started to get close again somehow something had always managed to come inbetween them, and JC be damned if he'd let that happen again. He belonged to Leah, and Leah belonged to him. They both knew it and that's the way that it was supposed to be.

"We've tried this before." Leah said.

"Yeah, I know, I was there." JC said sarcastically, nuzzling Leah's neck.

"And what happened?" Leah asked

"We were teenagers." JC replied. "We didn't know anything about relationships then."

"But the timing was wrong." Leah said. "I was trying to start my career, you were trying to start your career. We were always in different places at different times, and it was hard to make the long distance thing work."

"I don't see your point. We're always in different places and different times now, and we both have really successful careers." JC said. Once the stir-fry was ready, Leah turned the skillet off, grabbed the plates off the table, and put some on a plate for herself, and JC. She sat the plates on the table, and turned around to face him, so that she could look him in his eyes. His beautiful clear blue eyes.

"My point is, all those years ago, back in Orlando, that was the first time we tried to do the couple thing, and we only had one night together. One amazing night. And then we barely even saw each other after that. We rushed into it. Just like we rushed into having sex on New Years, and then that night after my grandma's funeral. Well, the second time was completely my fault, but my point is, we've always rushed into things, and look how it ended up. After our breakup, I was completely heartbroken." JC's heart ached to hear her say those words. He knew it was all his fault, because he was the one that had broken up with her. "You're my bestfriend Jace, you're more than that, and words can't express how much I love you, so losing you hurt like hell. I didn't have my bestfriend anymore, and I went through some things that I couldn't talk to you about." JC didn't know if he should mention the fact that he knew about her eating disorder. "Not having you in my life sucks." Leah said. She could feel the lump forming in her throat, but she willed herself not to cry. "And it took forever just for us to be friends again. I want to be yours Jace, I want to belong to you, but I'm just afraid that if we rush into things too soon, it'll all end so fast. I don't want that again. I can't lose you again. It hurts too bad." Leah confessed, the tears falling from her eyes.

It hurt JC, to see Leah so hurt. He felt like he caused this, and he would do anything to fix this. "Leah, you could never lose me. Ever! No matter what happens between us, I will always be here." JC said, lifting his hands to her face and tilting her chin up, so that she could look him in the eyes. "I want just as much as you do to make this work. I don't want to be with anyone else, I just want you, and only you. Okay?" Leah nodded her head, and smiled.

"I love you Jace." Leah whispered.

"I love you too Leah." JC replied, embracing her in a tight, comforting hug. Being in his arms made all of her fears and doubts about their relationship just melt away. He was no Superman (Joey was!), but there's something about him that made him seem so powerful. Like she was completely safe whenever she was with him, and like he could make all of her burdens just go away.

"Jace?"

"Yeah babe?"

"I'm hungry!" Leah giggled.

"Okay well then let's eat!"

*************

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you have me doing this!" Leah exclaimed. "If I break my face, then I'm totally gonna kill you!" She said as JC led her into the circle of the slick hardwood floor.

"Relax, you're not gonna 'break your face'!" JC replied, quoting Leah. He held her arm, as she began to wobble. "I don't know why you're so freaked out, you used to be the best skater in all of Orlando!"

"Uh, key word used! Josh, I haven't done this in forever!"

"Which is why we're here. I figured you could use some fun in your life." JC said, holding onto her arms, while he skated backwards. Roller skating was something that all of the MMC kids used to do together for fun, and he thought that taking Leah skating would be a good way to tap back into her inner child and relieve some stress. That was what she was missing in her life; fun! She needed for someone to take her out of her element for just a little while, and have her let go! So he rented out a little out of the way roller rink, just for the two of them. Besides the DJ and the Rollerskate Attendant, JC and Leah were the only ones there.

"I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall!" Leah shrieked.

"I'm not gonna let you fall!" JC reassured her. Leah gripped JC's arm so tightly that she was sure she'd leave her fingerprints on his skin. JC skated backwards, while he guided her fowards, their eyes remained locked.

"I trust you." Leah breathed.

"Just relax you got this." JC said. "And why out of all of the skates here did you have to pick those?" JC asked, he was trying to take her mind off of the fact that she was afraid of falling, he knew that if she didn't focus so much on falling, she would just let go and have fun, and a debate about footwear would be the best thing to get her going!

"What do you mean?" Leah asked.

"Look at them!" JC said, eyeing the horrid Pepto Bismal colored skates with purple leopard print shoestrings, with white poms at the toes, and silver glittered wheels. "They're fucking ugly!"

"They're pink!" Leah exclaimed, defending herself. Ever since she was a little girl she's had a serious affinity for anything pink and/or glittery, she loved it so much that it sometimes borderlined on tackiness. When Leah laid eyes on the skates it was Heaven! It was everything she loved pink, glitter, and girliness!

"That doesn't stop them from being ugly! It looks like My Little Pony threw up all over them!" JC laughed.

"But it has glitter, and poms, and purple leopard shoestrings." Leah added faux pouting.

"But it's still ugly!" JC said.

"Take it back!" Leah teased.

"They are ugly and tacky!" JC replied

"Yeah sure, call me when you burn that hideous black fur and leather jacket that you wore to the VMAs last year!" Lead responded, losening her grip on JC's arm.

"Whatever, that jacket was sexy, and you know it!" JC said, pretending to sound offended. Leah began laughing, and she couldn't stop. Her smile was contagious. God how he missed seeing her smile everyday. He loved her smile.

Before Leah knew it, she was skating without using JC as her crutch. She had forgotten how great it felt to just let go and feel free. She really needed this. "Oh my gosh! I love this song!" Leah squealed when she heard 'Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough' by Michael Jackson blast from the DJ booth. "So get closer, to my body now, just love me 'til you don't know how!" Leah sang along to every word.

JC loved to see her like this! He love to watch her have fun. It made him happy just to see her so happy. She deserved to be happy, and he would do anything it took to make her happy. JC watched as she freely skated backwards and fowards, and spun around in circles laughing and singing her head off. Like a kid in a candy store!

Leah skated towards JC. "I can't believe you did this!" Leah exclaimed. "How exactly did you do this?" She asked.

"You will never know." JC grinned slyly. He loved the kiddy and anxious look on her face. Like a child on Christmas morning. It was a nice change from her serious personality.

"C'mon Jace, skate with me!" Leah said, pulling JC by the arm.

"Whoa! You better not make me fall!" JC replied.

"Who me? No! I was the best skater in all of Orlando remember?!" Leah laughed. For a while, Leah almost forgot that she was twenty-three years old, she actually felt twelve, and loved it! For a little while, she got to have a piece of her childhood back. A place where she had to worry about absolutely nothing, and JC did that for her. That meant more to her than anything. A moment like this was what made her heart scream; Are you crazy! Can't you see he's the guy for you? Cut out all of the bullshit now, and just be together! Do it before you lose him!

She wanted that so badly, no one else got her like JC did. He knew her inside and out better than anyone. Hell, he even knew her better than she knew herself. If it wasn't for him, she honestly didn't know if she would ever stop feeling sorry for herself.

JC and Leah skated for hours listening to the best disco roller skating songs. Everything from Blondie to Donna Summer to ABBA. The two had a blast. They were like two kids!

 

"Oh my gosh! I am so exhausted! My body is gonna be so sore in the morning!" Leah said, while zipping up her black knee high leather boots over her dark rinse jeans, and then pulling her messy hair back into a high ponytail, and putting on her white trench coat over her gray off the shoulder sweater.

"Well, I hope you're not too tired." JC said, pulling on his black pea coat. "Becasue, I have just one more place to take you!"

"Jace, it's already midnight. Where is there to go?" Leah asked. He knew that she wasn't a club person.

"Honey, it's New York City, there's always somewhere to go!"

 

*************

"Everything's so beautiful from up here!" Leah whispered. It was so quiet, and peaceful that she felt like she needed to whisper. The only thing that they could hear were the faint sounds of Christmas music playing in the background.

"Well, it's no Disney World, so I figured this is the next best thing." JC replied, smiling. He loved Leah's reaction. It was everything he hoped it would be.

"I can't even believe this! It's so amazing!" Leah said, taking in the scenery. She looked down at the snow covered ground from the top of the ferris wheel they were on in the middle of Coney Island. Since the amusement park was closed during the winter, it was probably one of the only places in New York, where the snow was pure and untouched. "How in the hell did you get us in here?" Leah asked, amazed. She loved the fact that he rented out the roller rink for just the two of them, but this? This was on a whole nother level. How in the world did he manage to get them into a closed down amusement park after midnight?

"I know a guy, who knows a guy." JC replied, placing an arm around Leah, and pulling her close to him.

"Yeah, everyone who says that, knows a guy, who know's a guy, who's cousin is some skeevy guy who stole a key from the guy who works at one of the concession stands, and we're the one's who get caught, and sent to jail!" Leah joked. "So who's this mystery guys that you know?" Leah asked.

"If I gave away the secret, that would ruin the illusion." JC said.

"What illsuion?" Leah asked.

"The illusion that I'm just that good!"

"You are that good!" Leah said. "So are you really never gonna tell me?" Leah asked.

"Nope." JC smiled.

"I still can't believe you did this. What made you think of this?" Leah asked.

"Well, remember that time a about two years ago, when you were in New Zealand, and you called me. You said that you were homesick and needed to hear my voice?" JC asked, Leah nodded. "We started to talk about the things that we wanted to do if we ever got to have day off. You said that you didn't know exactly what you wanted to do, but you said that you wanted to do something that you've never done before. So I figured that going to an amusement park at midnight, in the dead of winter was something that you've never done. I know how much you love the snow, and I figured that it would look pretty magical from up here. It's not exactly a Winter Wonderland, or anything like that, but I hope that you'll still like it all the same."

Leah's heart fluttered, and a lump formed in her throat. This is the sweetest most nicest thing that anyone had ever done for her in her entire life. It felt like they had had that conversation over a million years ago, and the fact that JC still remembered her every word was truly something special. Most guys wouldn't take the time out to pay attention to the details. Tyson would have never done this for her. He would've never been as caring, thoughtful, sensitive and creative as JC was being right now. Tyson cared about his ego way too much.

"You remembered that?" Leah asked, almost speechless.

"I remember everything you tell me. Everything that you say is important." JC admitted.

"No one's ever done this for me before." Leah said, as the ferris wheel went down. A single tear fell from her eye, and JC wiped it away.

"Well I would hope not, because then that would've totally ruined my speech about you doing something that you've never done before!" JC laughed.

She love his laugh. She loved everything about him. His heart, his passion, his soul, his dorkiness, his sensitivity, his creativity. How much he loved her. How he would do anything to get her to smile. All of the signs were there, he was the one for her. There was absolutely no one else who could ever care for her, and love her, and protect her as much as he could. And she didn't feel right being with anyone else. She felt perfect right where she was, with him. It felt so right to put her heart out there, and know that he wasn't going to break it.

"How do you do that?" Leah asked.

"Do what?"

"Everytime something's wrong in my life, you can always manage to make it right somehow. And you're the only one who could ever do that."

"I hate to see you sad. I hate to see you cry. I can't stand to see you like that, and not do anything about it. You're not that girl. You're the bubbly girl that I met on the first day on the set of MMC. You're an amazing person, and you deserve to be happy." JC said. Those words hit Leah hard. She had never heard those words before. She had never had someone who cared enough about her to insure her happiness. Someone who wanted to take care of her. She would be crazy if she shut him out.

"And I love you for that!" Leah replied, before pecking him on the lips. When she kissed him, everything in JC told him that she was the one. The one that he wanted to wake up to every morning, the one he wanted to marry, the one he wanted to have children with. The one who was his everything. He really could see spending the rest of his life with her, and he would do any and everything to insure that that would happen.

As the ferris wheel came back to the top, Leah took in the scene. Here they were, just the two of them on top of a very high ferris wheel. And she thought she felt free when she was skating. Well she really felt free now. Looking down at the beautiful sparkling snow covered amsuement park, she felt as if she were on top of the world, with her man right by her side. Thats right, her man! She had decided to claim it already. That's all she needed. In that moment she truly felt invincible. Snowflakes lightly began to fall from the midnight blue sky. Ironically enough the "City That Never Sleeps" seemed so peaceful and quiet, almost like a whole nother world. Leah looked up into the night sky at all of the beautiful stars. This was the first time that in New York City she could actually get a clear view of them, and boy were they beautiful. She felt as if they were her lucky stars tonight. Like God was watching down on her, and telling her to just follow her heart tonight. Like He telling her anything could happen. And for the first time in a long time, she truly believed that.

*************

"Janet Jackson." JC said.

"Are you kidding me?" Leah asked, taking an Oreo, and dipping it in peanut butter, 'Parent Trap' style. "Out of all of the women in the world that you'd like to spend one night with, other than me, you have to pick the hottest woman on Earth?" Leah said, taking a bite of her cookie.

"You said any woman!" JC said, defending himself.

"Yeah, but not the hottest woman on Earth! What a way to ruin my self esteem!" Leah joked. She should've known that she was setting herself up, when she asked JC if he could get a 'hallpass' and spend just one night with any other woman besides her, who it would be. After the amusement park, JC had broken his promise of one more surprise, and had surprised her again. This time, he had rented out the most popular movie theater in the city, and they had watched "Armageddon", their movie, that contained their song, Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing". It was totally unexpected, and had topped the night off. So now, at five o'clock in the morning, the two were sitting on the floor in the living room, with blankets, the TV turned off, candles lit, and the stereo turned on. It was perfect, cozy, and intimate. They were pigging out on leftover shrimp stir-fry, and tons of junkfood. They had talked about any and everything. Leah loved being in his presence. Usually, it was just her in this big penthouse apartment, all by herself. Alone. But now, with JC here, she didn't feel alone. She didn't want to be alone. She didn't realize how much she truly needed him, and how alone she really was, until he showed up early yesterday morning. It's like this huge void had been filled. It would be tough to see him go. She knew she would have to be strong when he left.

"Fine. If you could spend one night with any guy in this world, other than me, who would it be?" JC asked Leah before stuffing a handful of Skittles into his mouth. Leah took a minute to think about it. She had a few celebrity crushes. James Dean, Ginuwine, Rob Lowe when he was in "St. Elmo's Fire", Slash from Guns N' Roses, Usher, Jason Priestley, she was even 'Livin La Vida Loca' for Ricky Martin for a minute. But there was one man who she had fallen for when she was sixteen years old, and that love had never seemed to die down...

"Lenny Kravitz." Leah said.

"What the hell Leah?" JC asked. "Lenny Kravitz? Really?"

"Yeah! Have you seen his ass in the the 'Again' video?" Leah asked.

"Sorry Leah, but I don't look at other men's asses." JC replied. "But I mean Lenny Kravitz, for real?"

"Yes, Lenny Kravitz! Got a problem with that?"

"Um, yeah!" JC said. "When did you start liking Lenny Kravitz?" JC asked.

"Are you serious? What do you mean 'when did I start liking him'? I have every single one of his albums!" Leah said, pointing to her CD collection.

"Yeah, but I didn't think you had a thing for him!"

"Guys can be so oblivious sometimes." Leah stated.

"The guy's like a rock god, if you got to spend one night with him, I'd never get you back!" JC said.

"Aww, don't be silly, of course you would!" Leah said laughing. "Are you threatened?" Leah asked.

"Kind of." JC admitted.

"Aww how cute!"

"You can stop mocking me now!" JC said.

"I met him once!" Leah said, she liked that she was torturing him this way. It was kind of fun!

"You did not!"

"Yes I did. I went to one of his shows in London, and I got to meet him backstage. I even have a picture! He said we should work together sometime!" Leah lied about that last little part, knowing that it would get to him. When she saw the expression on his face, she burst out laughing. "I was totally kidding about that last part! You should've seen the look on your face!" She laughed. "So now you know how I feel about you being with 'Miss Rhythm Nation'!"

"Whatever!" JC said. The two then burst out laughing. They weren't usually the jealous types, but when it came to each other, they were fiercely overprotective of one another. The thought of Leah with anybody else killed JC inside, and seeing JC with anybody else had the same effect on Leah. It was just funny how jealous they were over each other's fantasy lovers!

The two spent hours into the morning continuing to joke and talk about just about anything under the sun. They enjoyed each other's company.

Leah yawned. "I'm surprised you haven't fallen asleep yet!" Leah said, glancing at the clock on the wall that read 7:30. They had stayed up until seven thirty in the morning, and JC hadn't so much as yawned yet. Wow, he set a new record!

"That's because; I don't wanna close my eyes/ I don't wanna fall asleep/ 'Cause I'd miss you baby/ And I don't wanna miss a thing..." JC sang the lyrics to their song, and Leah's heart melted. She was convinced that this man had the world's most beautiful voice.

"Aww! That was so cheesy, but so freaking touching." Leah said, scooting closer to JC, and placing a kiss on his lips. Their backs were up against the the couch, and the coffee table had been moved to the side of the living room. JC put an arm around Leah, and pulled her closer to him. Leah pulled the covers over them, and they she layed her head on his shoulder, and shut her eyes. JC held her in his arms, and layed his head on top of hers. She wished that they could stay like this forever. This moment felt so good, and she never wanted it to end. "JC." Leah said, opening her eyes.

"Hmmm?" JC asked, opening his eyes, and releasing his hold on Leah, so that he could look her in the eyes. He could tell that by the tone of her voice, that she had something very important to say.

"I love you so much from the bottom of my heart, and I really, really, really want to be with you. I don't want to beat around the bush anymore. I love being with you. I love being wrapped in your arms. I feel so safe, and so protected, and I love how you love me. Tonight has been the most amazing night of my life, and that's all because of you. You made me forget about everything that's been going on in my life. You make me so happy. I love how you love me, and no one has ever made me feel so special before. You make me feel important. You were the first guy I've ever kissed, the first man I've ever made love to, and I want you to be the only man that I ever kiss and ever make love to again. I can see myself marrying you, having your babies and watching them grown, I can see us spending a life together. Maybe I'm a fool for confessing this, because I have no idea if I'm even that girl for you, but I just have to get this off my chest. Words can't express how much I love you, and how much I want to be the one for you. I'm putting my heart on the line right now, and while I'm being honest, it scares the hell out of me. I want to be that girl, your girl, but the thing is I'm scared, and I'm really messed up right now." Leah said, confessing her soul to the man that she loved. Her heart was beating fast, and the tears were now free falling from her eyes. She was so afraid of what he was going to say next.

JC turned to face Leah. He looked deep into her eyes, and took both of her hands into his."Leah, you are that girl for me! Don't you get it? You're the only person who I could ever see myself with. I love you, I always have, and I always will. You mean everything to me, and I can't picture myself ever living without you in my life. You don't have to be afraid of me hurting you, because I won't. And I don't care about all of your imperfections, because you're always beautiful to me, no matter what. And I accept you with all your complexities, flaws and all. I love you baby." JC said, kissing her forehead. He meant every single word of it. It was important that she knew how much he loved her, and that he accepted her for who she was, and that it was okay to be vulnerable around him, because he would be strong for her, when she couldn't be strong for herself. She needed to know that he would be there for her through everything she went through. He would be her rock.

"I love you too Josh." Leah said. JC brought his hands to Leah's face and wiped her tears away.

"So does this make us official?" JC asked. "Are you my girlfirend now?"

Leah nodded her head and smiled. "Yes Josh, I am your girlfirend now. For real this time!"

"It's about damn time!" JC replied, before giving her a long and passionate kiss. It was official, they were official. JC was Leah's, and Leah was his. And that's just the way it should be.

 

 

Love Quotes

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
I really hope you guys liked it! Please tell me what you think by leaving a review! 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera presync jc teenagelove