Author's Chapter Notes:
I'll try my best to update more often. Hope you guys like it.

It had been a month since Leah’s confession and simultaneous confrontations by her aunts back home about her eating disorder. Aside from her grandmother’s death it had been the worst thing to ever happen to her. All eyes were on her, and she was this close to suffering a nervous breakdown. All she wanted to do was get on the quickest flight back to New York, but her family wasn’t about to let that happen. Her parents wanted to keep her on lockdown, and sign her into rehab. She thought her life was over. It took three whole days, a lot of begging, pleading and crying to convince her family that she’d be alright.

She’d never seen her mother look so frightened before. It was sad that it had to get to that point for Leah to see that her mother was ever truly concerned for her well being. Aiden, being the doctor of the family felt guilty that he hadn’t noticed the signs sooner. Leah had to keep reassuring him, that it wasn’t his fault; she kept her eating disorder so hidden that not even a PI could figure her out. He wouldn’t let her out of his sight for the last three days that she was there. All Jill could do cry hysterically. She blamed herself as well. As much as Leah wanted to blame her, she felt that she would only be taking advantage of the situation. Her aunts tried to “fatten her up” by cooking all of her favorite foods, and constantly try to stuff her face. As much as she loved them, she wanted to kill them. They just didn’t understand. And then there were the twins; Zoe and Gia. They were so upset; they wouldn’t even talk to her, let alone look at her. Here Leah was trying to be a perfect role model to them, and she wasn’t even leading by example. She felt like such a hypocrite. The only person who treated her normally was Charlie.

“They’re only acting this way because they care about you.” He said, as he and Leah were taking a walk around the neighborhood. It was a little after six, and it had already started getting dark. She was

irritated, and needed to get out of the house, but her parents didn’t trust her by herself, so she texted Charlie. She didn’t know why, but he was the first person that came to mind.

“I know,” she sighed. “God, I’m so stupid, I don’t even know why I said anything. I should have just kept my mouth shut; it was my last day here!”

“You reached your breaking point.” Charlie stated. “Maybe it was your subconscious telling you, that you’d had enough.” He rationalized.

“Maybe.” Leah replied.

“You’re not that tough you know.” He said.

“Excuse me?”

“You try to act like you have everything under control, but after awhile everyone needs their family. It’s okay to have a break down you know. You’re only human.”

Charlie’s words really resonated with Leah. Maybe it was finally time to let her family in. It seemed like they were trying so hard to change for her, so the least she could do was cave a little for them. So that night she had a private talk with her parents. She told them everything. From the first time she ever purged, up until her stint in rehab. It was a major breakthrough between Leah and her mom, and she learned a lot; like the reason Gabrielle never approved of Leah’s lifestyle. Gabrielle had been a dancer. A professional ballerina, she trained for years, perfecting her craft. She would do whatever it took to become the perfect ballerina, including purging to maintain her weight. She was finally about to get her big break when she had the chance to audition for the American Ballet Theatre, then during rehearsal she fell and broke her leg, due to brittle bones caused by her eating disorder, forever ending her dancing career. After that a crushed Gabrielle, decided to go to law school, and never looked back.

Gabrielle never approved of Leah’s career ambitions because she was afraid that he daughter would end up like her, or worse. Now it was all happening, and she couldn’t be more heartbroken. Now she was willing to do any and everything possible to save her daughter.

“Mom, I’ll be fine. I promise.” Leah pleaded. “I can take care of myself.”

“Doesn’t look like it from where we’re standing.” Daniel, Leah’s father said.

Then after what felt like hours and hours of begging and pleading, her parents finally let her fly back to New York on conditions. Yes conditions. These conditions were that both Gabrielle and Danielle be allowed to spring surprise visits on her at any given time to check up on her, and that she calls her parents every night to update them on what was going on in her life. She had been independent for so long, that she wasn’t sure she’d be able to live her life that way, but if that’s what it took to get out of there, then that’s what she would agree too.

Now, here she was back in her New York apartment trying to deal with the aftermath of what had happened. Lucky for her it was moving day, so she wouldn’t have to think about it too much. Lucky had finally made the big move from LA to New York, and she and Leah had found the perfect cozy apartment to share in together in SoHo. Her parents were so relieved to find out that she wouldn’t be living alone. They were now in their living room, unpacking.

“So, you never told me what happened while you were back home.” Lucky said, unwrapping silverware.

“I told you, everything went fine.” Leah lied.

“Yeah since when’s the last time you were with your family and everything went fine.”

“Since I saw a flying pig on my flight back here.” Leah joked.

“Ha ha. So not funny.” Lucky replied. “Don’t worry; I’ll get it out of you one of these days.” She promised.

Leah knew she was right. There was nothing she could hide from the girl.

“Damn, are you sure there are only shoes in here?” Justin huffed.

Leah and Lucky turned their attention to the six-foot curly haired man in the doorway. It had taken a lot of convincing on JC’s part to get Justin to help the girl’s move, but since he wasn’t doing anything better he figured why not. And JC didn’t want to be the only guy around.

“Only shoes,” Lucky replied. “And when I open up that box, they better not be scratched, scuffed, or ripped. Am I clear?” She asked, staring Justin dead in the eye. Justin swallowed and nodded. Lucky scared Justin and she knew it, so she liked to play with him. Justin, like most people, held on to the theory that Lucky was a witch. So, she thought it was fun to play on that theory, that way, people gave her complete and total control, for fear that she might turn them to stone or some shit like that. It was fun to scare the piss out of grown men.

Leah laughed to herself. She even had to admit that Lucky did look like a witch. She had the whole Goth thing going (even if Lucky did find the term derogatory). She was always dressed head to toe in black, and lace, and her black lipstick and eye shadow deeply contrast against her pale as ghost skin. Grownups and children alike shivered in her presence, but only those closest to her knew that she was completely harmless. Well, almost everyone.

“You can set those in the very back room Justin.” Lucky said, lighting a Marlboro cigarette. Justin did as he was told.

“He fears you.” Leah giggled.

“And I’m taking advantage of it.” She smiled, before taking a long drag of her cigarette.

“More shoes?” JC asked, making his way through the door with a big brown cardboard box in his arms.

“Oh, those are mine.” Leah said. “Thanks, babe,” she said, placing a kiss on his lips, after he set the box down.

“So is that it?” JC asked.

“Yep, that’s about it. Are you guys staying?” She asked. “Lucky’s cooking.”

“You know, as much as I’m looking forward to barbeque Tofu, I think Justin’s just a little creeped out.” JC replied.

Leah laughed. “Yeah, maybe it’s a little too much for him to take in. But we’re still on for tonight right?” She asked.

“Of course.” JC replied, before kissing her again. Leah and JC were finally at a good point in their relationship. After publicly stepping out at the Grammys as a couple- and awkwardly facing the wrath of bitter journalist, Bobbie Thomas- JC and Leah were at a great place. She liked this. Her boyfriend kept her sane. This was the easy part of her life, and she planned on keeping it that way!

 *********************

 “Yes, Aiden. I’m fine I promise… Lucky’s here and everything’s fine.” Leah said. Aiden was calling to check up on her again, and as annoying as it was, she reminded herself that it could be worse.

“I still can’t believe you’re living with the Voodoo High Priestess!” Aiden exclaimed, making light of the situation.

“Shut up Aiden!” Leah laughed.

“Okay, okay, but to be fair, I’m just so glad that you’re not alone.” Aiden replied.

“I’m not unstable you know.” Leah said. “I may have my shit to deal with, but I’m not Judy Garland unstable or anything.”

“And I want to keep it that way.” Aiden replied.

“Well thanks for your concern Doctor Aiden, but I must be going now, I’m going on a date with JC, and I have to go get ready!” There was an awkward pause on the other end of the line. “I’m fine!”

“Fine, I believe you, but don’t ever lie to me again.” Aiden said.

“Aiden.” Leah sighed.

“Fine, fine, I’ll let you go.” Aiden surrendered. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Leah said before hanging up. Before Aiden had called, checking up on her, Leah had just gotten out of the shower, trying to wash the smell of Lucky’s incense out of her hair. Clad in her bathrobe, and Hello Kitty slippers, she made her way down the hall to Lucky’s room.

“Hey Lux, I was wondering if I could borrow your black spiked Loubout-“ Leah began to ask, but stopped when she saw her roommate jump, and hide something behind her back.

“Oh sorry, was I interrupting something?” Leah asked. “Were you sharing an intimate moment with your little battery operated friend?”

“Oh God no!” Lucky exclaimed.

“Then what were you doing?” Leah asked suspiciously.

“Voodoo!” Lucky exclaimed. “Haha, you caught me!” She laughed nervously. There was this girl back in LA, The Wicked Bitch of the West, is what I like to call her and, she deserved this major karmic retribution, and umm, yeah.”

“Yeah right.” Leah said, calling her bullshit. “You’re hiding something.”

“Shit,” Lucky sighed.

“I know you just as well as you know me.” Leah reminded her. “Hand it over.” She said, holding her hand out.

Lucky closed her eyes, and took a deep breath before handing over the contents in her hand. She handed Leah a crumpled up magazine.

Leah unfolded the crumpled pile of paper to reveal an issue of OK! Magazine with Leah, JC, and Bobbie’s face on the cover, with the headline reading Leah James: Homewrecker. “What is this?” Leah asked confused.

“I really didn’t want you to see this.” Lucky said. Leah immediately started flipping through the pages until she got to the cover story. “I didn’t buy it or anything; it was left on our doorstep.” She explained.

Once Leah got to the cover story, she carefully read the article that gave detail to what happened between she and JC in Las Vegas over New Years. The article was very detailed, as in only Leah and JC knew what had happened that night. So how did it end up in a tabloid two months later? She then went on to read how JC has slept with Leah while he was still with Bobbie! But JC had told her that he and Bobbie were over! And now, the article was accusing Leah of knowingly stealing JC from Bobbie, and painting her in a bad light! What the hell?!

“What the fuck?!” Leah exclaimed.  “What the hell is this?” Leah asked in disbelief. Her eyes shot to a picture of JC and Leah at the Clive Davis Grammy Party together, with the caption A relationship built on lies, underneath it.

“Reporters make up stuff to sell tabloids all the time.” Lucky said, trying to make Leah feel better.

“But Lucky, Josh and I actually slept together over New Years.” Leah said above a whisper. “And I never told anyone, except for you.”

“And you know that I wouldn’t tell a soul!” Lucky exclaimed

“No, I know, I know! I’m not blaming you.” Leah replied, sitting down on the bed next to Lucky. “But this article has details that no one else could possibly know, and the only people in that room were me and Jace.”

“So, maybe he told Justin. I mean you told me.” Lucky tried to rationalize.

“But I know Justin, and he would never run his mouth to anyone! Especially not a tabloid, or gossip blogger!”

“So, then who would?” Lucky asked.

“I don’t know, but I’m sure as hell gonna find out!” Leah said angrily, stomping out of Lucky’s room.

“Don’t do anything stupid!” Lucky called after her.

After Leah had gotten dressed, she paced frantically around her room trying to call JC, but he didn’t answer. Their date wasn’t for a whole hour, but it still bothered her that he wasn’t picking up. Maybe he saw the article too? Usually it didn’t bother her when people started rumors about her, but what bothered her most was that every single detail of that article was true. They did sneak up to his suite shortly after midnight on New Years, and yes, they did have sex. So does that mean that part about JC still being with Bobbie at the time was true? Was Leah the Homewrecker? But JC looked her in her eye that night, and told her that he and Bobbie were over, and he wouldn’t lie to her. He never lied to her. But then again he was drunk. And horny. Now Leah was all confused. For the first time, since they had been back together, she had actually started to doubt her relationship with JC. Could it be that the one rock solid thing in her life wasn’t so rock solid? She wasn’t sure that she could take much else.

Looking at the clock, Leah saw that it was ten minutes until nine. JC would be there any minute to pick her up, so she decided to meet him downstairs. The whole ride down the elevator was an anxious one. She couldn’t wait to see JC, she need to know the truth. As Joe, the doorman held the door open for Leah, she made her way outside. Before she could catch her breath, she was confronted with a paparazzo. “Hey Homewrecker, say cheese!” The man exclaimed, clicking away on his camera, the flashing light blinding, and paralyzing her. Before she could even wrap her head around what was happening, she was surrounded by paparazzi, and all she wanted to do was die right there. Just when she thought that the worst was behind her, something else just had to happen.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera presync jc teenagelove