Author's Chapter Notes:
An unexpected night in New York.

Later that night, Lucky was back at the apartment, preparing dinner for herself, and her boyfriend Jean-Paul. Like Leah and JC, Lucky and Jean-Paul had a long distance relationship as well. By Lucky being a stylist, and Jean-Paul being a French indie-film director (12 years her senior), their careers took them in different places. So since he was in town doing some casting for his latest project, they had decided to take advantage of the opportunity. Instead of going out, Lucky had decided to make a nice vegetarian lasagna for the two. With Leah out with JC, Lucky and Jean-Paul would have the apartment for themselves for the night.

Or so she thought…

Just as she had placed the lasagna in the oven she heard a knock at the door. Excited to see Jean-Paul, she hurriedly ripped off her apron, smoothed a few stray hairs down, and spritzed on some Chanel No. 5. “Coming JP!” She called giddily, prancing to the door. (Since when did she prance?)

Before opening the door Lucky took in a deep calm breath, and then let it out. Swinging the door open, Lucky’s heart sank in disappointment, and a confused look crossed her face. Huh? “J-jill?” She stuttered. Lucky found that Leah’s sister was standing in her doorway, with not one, not, two, but three suitcases in her hands. “Jillian James, what are you doing here?” Lucky demanded.

“Hi.” Jill said timidly.

Funny how in one swift second your perfect night could be thrown out the window, Lucky thought.

 

 

“So, tonight was amazing.” Leah said, a smile spreading across her face.

“It was.” JC agreed.

Leah grabbed JC’s hand stalling; they were in the back of an Escalade, with James, JC’s chauffeur in the front seat. They were outside of Leah’s apartment building, and she didn’t want to get out of the car. The past two days with JC had been so blissful, and she didn’t want to leave his side.

“So what are you doing later tonight?” JC asked.

Leah’s heart leapt a little full of hope, but of course she didn’t show it. God, why was she acting like such a teenager? “Nothing,” Leah replied, hoping she hadn’t sounded too anxious. “Why?”

“The guys and I are going out, and I thought maybe you and Lucky would like to come, it could be like old times.” JC suggested.

“That sounds fun.” Leah said, her insides jumping for joy. “I’ll mention it to Lucky. Text me later.” She said, before opening the car door. She gave him a quick peck on the lips before getting out.

Approaching the building, Leah was greeted by Joe, the doorman, who let her in. The whole elevator ride up to her apartment, Leah was on a natural high. What had gotten off to a rocky start had been the best two days of Leah’s life. She was so excited to finally move past all of the drama in her life and finally be happy. She couldn’t wait to tell Lucky everything!

When the doors opened on her floor, Leah got her keys out of her bag, and walked up to her door. Before she could get her keys into the lock good, the door swung open. “Lucky what’s wrong?” Leah asked, a little taken aback.

Lucky gestured toward the couch. Stepping into the apartment. Leah was shocked to see her sister sitting on her couch. “Jill?!” Leah exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

Jill looked up to see her younger sister. “Hi, Leah.” She said, her voice sounding distressed.  Leah sat down next to Jill on the couch.

“Why are you here?” Leah asked confused. She looked to Lucky who was waiting impatiently behind the couch. Lucky shrugged and gave her an, I don’t know what the hell is going on either! look.

Jill’s bottom lip began to quiver; she sucked in a tight breath and let out a hard sob. “Tristan broke up with me!” She cried, dissolving into tears. Her shoulders began to shake uncontrollably.

“Wait, what?” Leah asked. “I, I thought you guys were getting married.”

“He said,” she sobbed. “He said I wasn’t right for him. He said he loved me, b-but I wasn’t right!!!!” She laid her head on Leah’s shoulder, instantly wetting it up.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, you poor thing.” Leah said, gently patting Jill’s back. Leah didn’t want to be rude, but this was awkward, and the most random thing ever to say the least. All of a sudden, her sister’s here in her apartment in New York. A big blubbering mess.

“I just don’t know what to do!!!” She cried.

 Leah grabbed a tissue from her purse and placed it up to Jill’s nose. “Here, sweetie blow.”  Jill did as was instructed. “So the first thing you thought was to grab everything, and fly to New York?” Leah asked.

“I just wanted to be away from everything that reminded me of him.” Jill heaved. “I can stay here right.” She said. It was more of a statement than a question.

“Um…” Leah stalled, looking towards Lucky. Lucky’s eyes grew wide.

HOTEL!!! Lucky mouthed.

SHE’S MY SISTER!!! Leah mouthed back.

FINE!

“Sure.” Leah said.

“Oh Leah you’re such a lifesaver!” Jill wrapped her arms around her sister, and embraced her in a big hug. “I owe you!”

“Yeah, and me,” Lucky mumbled under her breath. Lucky’s date night had officially been ruined, she’d have to call Jean-Paul and tell him about their change of plans. Damn Jill, and her moment of crisis. As if on cue, the timer on the oven went off.

“Oh my God, I’m starving!” Jill exclaimed. “What’s for dinner?”

You’ve got to be kidding me, Lucky thought to herself. “Vegetarian lasagna,” she said through gritted teeth, trying her best to be a welcoming host, despite the fact, that Jill was being intrusive.

“It’ll do.” Jill said, getting up from her spot and making her way to the kitchen, teetering in a white Dolce and Gabbana dress, and six inch Louboutin heels.

“Okay, I had no idea, she’d be here.” Leah said, once Jill was out of earshot.

“Yeah me neither, and tonight was supposed to be my night with Jean-Paul!” Lucky exclaimed.

“Oh God, Lucky I’m so sorry.” Leah apologized. “I was not expecting this at all. You know what; she’s my sister and my responsibility, so I’ll take her out tonight, so you and Jean-Paul can have the apartment to yourselves.”

“Yeah only now, Jill’s digging into my lasagna.” Lucky said, pointing towards the kitchen.

Leah fished out a few twenties from her wallet and gave them to Lucky. “Sorry.” She said again. “How about dinner on me?”

“No it’s okay,” Lucky said. “Really. It’s not like you knew she was coming either.”

“Just give me a minute, I’m going to go put her things in my room, and talk her into going out with me tonight.” Leah said, eyeing the three designer suitcases. “Gosh, why’d she have to bring so much?”

“Now I see where you get it from!” Lucky quipped.

“Whatever!”

 

 

“So Jill, I have a proposal.” Leah said. The two were now sitting on Leah’s bed. Jill a little too comfortable, sitting cross legged underneath the comforter with a huge plate of soy lasagna. Those were new crisp white 300 thread count sheets, and Leah was so afraid of Jill spilling lasagna on them, that if she weren’t in such a fragile state, she’d absolutely freak out.

“Shoot.” Jill replied, in between bites of food. Jill was gorging down on the lasagna like Leah had never seen before.

“How about we go out tonight?” Leah suggested. “You know to sort of take your mind off of Tristan, a little,” she said, treading lightly around the subject.

“God, I’ve been dying to get out!” Jill exclaimed, her mood turning a complete 180. “It’s been forever since I’ve been in the city! This is going to be so much fun!” She clapped, leaping up from the bed. Leah quickly picked up the plate of half eaten lasagna, and left her room, closing the door behind her.

“Okay, so there’s definitely something freaky going on with my sister.” Leah declared, as she walked into the kitchen.

“No shit.” Lucky said.

“I mean, I know she just broke up with her fiancé’, and all, but something about her is a bit off.” Leah said.

“Hasn’t it always been?” Lucky asked.

Leah snorted. “Sorry about your lasagna,” she said, tossing the plate into the trash.

“Its okay, JP cancelled on me anyway.” Lucky replied.

“Oh, Lucky you’re kidding.” Leah said. Lucky shook her head.

“He had an emergency production meeting he had to attend to or some shit like that.” Lucky explained. “So I guess that means I coming out with you guys.”

“Great, the less awkward it’ll be for me.” Leah smiled.

“So where are you guys going anyway?” Lucky asked.

“Actually JC had invited us to come out with the guys tonight, he’s supposed to text me with the details.” Leah replied.

“Sounds fun minus Jill.” Lucky said honestly. One of her best and worst traits was her blunt honesty.

Suddenly, Leah heard the familiar sound of her phone ping, to alert her of a text message. Pulling her phone out of her jacket pocket, she read the text from JC.

“It says the guys are planning on going to Vino’s.” Leah said, reading the text.

“The pizzeria karaoke bar?” Lucky asked. Leah nodded. “Drinks and bad singing.” She mused.

Leah texted back and informed them that Leah and Lucky, and Jill, who had surprisingly showed up, would meet them there in an hour. 

 

 

“So, I can totally borrow one of your dresses, right?” When Leah got back to her room, she saw that Jill was already going through her closet despite the fact that Jill had three suitcases full of what Leah was sure was Chanel, Dior, Dolce and Gabanna, Roberto Cavalli, and the like.

“Actually, we’re going out to a really low key pizzeria and karaoke bar, so you don’t have to exactly dress up.” Leah said.

“Oooh karaoke sounds fun!” Jill squeaked. “Can I wear these?” Jill asked, picking out a pair of Armani jeans.”

“Sure.” Leah said, already exhausted. She had made a mental note to call her mother first thing in the morning.

“Yay, yay, yay! Night out on the town!” Jill cheered clapping her hands together, and spinning around in circles.

20 minutes later, the girls were dressed and everyone was ready to head out. “Ooh wait!” Jill said, before they left out the door. “I forgot something.”

“What now?” Lucky asked irritated.

“My happy pills!” Jill exclaimed.

“Your what?” Leah asked.

“My happy pills!” Jill repeated. “Dr. Roseman gave ‘em to me,” She elaborated, as if that explained things. Jill pulled out a prescription bottle from her purse, and twisted the cap off taking a little white pill out. She popped it into her mouth and then dry swallowed it.

“Jill what are you taking?” Leah asked, marching over to her sister. She snatched the bottle, from her sister, and read the label, and her eyes bulged when she read the strength of the medicine.

“Xanax!” Leah exclaimed. “Jill! How many of these did you take?” Leah demanded.

“Only one.” Jill said innocently enough. “One on the plane, and one just now.”  Which totally explained her wacky behavior. She really was taking this break up pretty hard. A little too hard.

“Oh shit.” Lucky said.

“That makes four.” She giggled, holding up four fingers.

“Hey Leah, maybe it’s not such a good idea to take her out tonight.” Lucky whispered.

“Shut up! Shut up! I’m a grown up, and I do as I damn well please!” Jill said in a high-pitched voice, marching out of the door ahead of them.

“Oh boy.” Leah sighed, feeling a headache coming on.

“Surprise, surprise!” Lucky said in sing-song vice, walking out of the door.

“Surprise, surprise.” Leah repeated, following suit.

“No Jill, stop, that’s not a statue, that’s a real person.” Leah said wearily, dragging her sister into Vino’s, the low-key pizzeria in Bensonhurst that was run by one of Joey’s cousins.

“But he’s too tall to be a real person!” Jill whined.

“No, stop don’t touch him!” Lucky said, slapping Jill’s hand

“Owww!!!” Jill cried. “That hurt!”

“Sorry.” Leah said, apologizing to the unsuspecting stranger. “She’s got issues.”

“Hey guys, sorry we’re late.” Leah said, approaching the table that JC, Justin, Joey, Chris, and Lance were waiting for them at. She and Lucky were both a little out of breath from dragging Jill from Manhattan to Brooklyn. They had had to hail multiple taxis, since Jill was too afraid to take the subway.

“It’s okay.” JC reassured them.

“Um, so JC, Justin you know my sister.” Leah said, nervously, watching Jill’s every move. “Joey, Lance, Chris, this is my older sister Jill.”

“Hi, how ya doin?” Joey stuck his hand out to shake Jill’s.

“I know you guys are.” Jill slurred. “I see you guys on the TV all the time.”

“I am so sorry.” Leah apologized in advance for everything that was going to come out of her sister’s mouth.

“Xanax.” Lucky explained.

“Oh.” Justin said.

“I personally like the Backstreet Boys better, but you guys are okay too. Wait Leah? Aren’t you dating one of these guys?” Jill whisper-screamed, not so discreetly.

“Jill.” Leah grimaced, her face turning bright red.

“Oh my God, you’re Joey Fatone right?” Jill asked, ignoring Leah. “You’re not as fat as you look on TV! Good on you!”

“Jill, shut your mouth!” Leah gasped.

“It’s okay.” Joey reassured her. “This one seems like fun.”

“Again, I am so sorry.” Leah said. JC rubbed the small of Leah’s back sympathetically.

“Maybe we should move to a booth now.” Lance suggested, trying to ease the tension.

“Good idea.” Leah said. “C’mon.”

As the group moved toward a booth, Jill sidled up to Chris and linked her arm with his.

“Hey mama!” Chris said excitedly.

“You’re cute!” Jill said.

“Well, you’re pretty hot yourself!” Chris replied, and the two started flirting.

“Keep her busy the whole night, and I owe you.” Leah whispered to Chris.

“No problem.” Chris winked.

“God Leah, whisper to your own man, and get away from mine!” Jill slurred.

“That’s right babe.” Chris said.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen your sister this loose before.” Justin whispered, as they settled into the booth.

“Yeah, well me either.” Leah replied.

“So what happened between the time I dropped you off and now?” JC asked confused.

“She sprung a surprise visit on us.” Lucky said. “She just popped up.”

“Her fiancé’ broke things off, and so she popped a couple of Xanax to mend her broken heart.” Leah explained.

“Man.” JC said.

“So, how many is a couple?” Lance asked.

“Two.” Leah said.

“Two?!” JC, Justin, Lance, and Joey asked at the same time.

“’Fraid so.” Leah replied.

“Oh boy,” Lance said.

“Oh my God you guys isn’t he just so cute!” Jill squealed, squeezing Chris’s cheeks. “Isn’t he just like the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?! He’s just like a lil' leprechaun!”

Joey burst out laughing, and Justin nearly choked on his coke. Jill turned to Chris. “Let’s have Leprechaun sex!” Lance nearly choked on his drink as well. “Hey guys!” Jill screamed out into the restaurant “Chris Kirkpatrick and I are gonna have leprechaun sex!!!!” 

“This is gonna be good!” Lucky said, sitting back, and sipping on her tea.

An hour later, and one beer in her system, Leah began to loosen up a little. JC had convinced her that tonight could be fun. Jill was harmless, and nothing she said was taken seriously. As long as they kept her safe, she was alright. So Leah should just relax a little and have fun.

“Maybe a Xanax would do you some good!” Joey had joked. “Loosen up a little Leah; your sister’s really fun to be around.”

With that said, Leah began to see the lighter side of the situation. It’s not like Jill had overdosed, she was just a little loopy, and it’s not like she was drinking, she was just a little silly. Maybe tonight would be fun.

“Hey guys, let’s do karaoke.” Chris suggested.

“Yay! Karaoke!!!!” Jill clapped. “I love to sing. I can sing real good, c’mon Chris!” She said, pulling him by the hand, and leading him up to the stage.

“Okay now this will be good!” Leah laughed.

“Can she sing?” Joey asked.

“No!” Leah replied.

“Okay, okay, okay, okay guys!” Jill said into the microphone, looking out into the audience of people. “Okay. I chose to do this song, because I feel like my soul knew Chris’s soul in another lifetime, and we’re soul mates forever, okay guys?” Jill said, all childlike, in a nasally tone.

Leah couldn’t resist the urge to laugh, as the familiar tune of Reunited by Peaches and Herb blared over the speakers.

I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
That break-up we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you 'cuz I want you back, hey-hey

Chris sang, in his beautiful tenor voice. Then Jill began to sing:

I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such a way of learning so much
I know now that I love you 'cuz I need your touch, hey-hey

Well, more like wailed, very much off-key.

“Oh my God, she’s worse than Cameron Diaz in My Best Friend’s Wedding.” Justin said.

By the end of the song, Jill had pretty much taken over. “Okay Chris, get off, my turn!” She slurred. “Bye, Bye, Bye!” She giggled. “Get it guys! Get it?” The audience laughed, “I know I’m funny right? I know!”

“Okay, Leah,” Chris said, once back at the booth. “Your sister is awesome!”

 

An hour later, Jill was still on stage. She had rocked out to the likes of Heart, Blondie, and Aerosmith. She had the crowd drunk swaying to Bon Jovi, and Garth Brooks, and had aroused a lot of men singing I Touch Myself by the Divinlys. As bad of a singer as she was, she was sure as hell entertaining, and the crowd loved her. They kept egging her on to sing just one more song. “Okay guys, so this next song, is dedicated to my douche bag ex-fiancé, ‘cause ya know you just can’t make some people happy.” Jill said, before singing Sheryl Crow’s If it Makes You Happy.

“You know, maybe tonight isn’t so bad after all.” Leah said to JC, leaning back against him. “I mean look at her, how can you be mad at that?” She laughed, pointing at her sister twirling around on stage.

“She sure is a far cry from that snobby girl in Orlando.” JC said, recalling how Leah used to vent to him about all of the horrible things Jill would do to her.

“Yeah she is.” Leah said. Despite the Xanax induced behavior, Jill really had changed, and Leah came to the realization at how much things were all changing for the better in her life. “Her voice sure hasn’t changed though, that’s for sure.”

JC chuckled, and wrapped his arm around his girlfriend. This wasn’t exactly the night out that he had planned, but it certainly made for great stories years down the road.

“One more song!” Some random guy called out to Jill, once the song was over.

“Thanks guysssss!!!” She slurred.”But really, no, my time is up, ‘cause I have to pee really, really bad, ‘cause I drunk like a lot of Diet Coke, but it was only Diet Coke, I promise I swear….” She rambled, crossing her legs one over the other.

“She’s acting like Courtney Love.” Lucky stated.

“But before, I gooooo,” She continued. “I have juss one more surprise for you guysss 'kay? Alright, on the count of three.” Jill said, holding up three fingers.

“What is she doing?” JC asked.

“I don’t know.” Leah asked, she quickly got up from her seat, and made her way to the stage, sensing that something was about to happen.

“1, 5, 3!” Jill counted. Before Leah could get to her, Jill had managed to lift up her black halter top, and expose her braless breast to the crowed.

“Jill!” Leah panicked. “No!”

The audience whooped and hollered, and all Leah could think to do was pull Jill from the stage and throw her over her shoulder, and run out of the restaurant. All Leah could hear was the audience chanting “Jill! Jill! Jill! Jill! Jill!

“Leah Danielle James, you put me down this instant!” Jill demanded.

Leah would’ve refused to put her down, except she was completely out of breath, so she had no choice. “Jill, you’re making an ass out of yourself.”

“You’re such a kill joy!” Jill yelled back. Her breath reeked of garlic.

“Okay, I laughed while you were flirting with Chris, and insulting my friends, and singing songs, but you flashing your boobs? What has gotten into you?” Leah asked.

“I jusss wanna have a lil’ fun!” Jill whined, furiously flapping her arms around.

“Jill this is not you.” Leah said. Jill stuck her tongue out at her.

“You’re popping Xanax now? I think you should see a doctor.” Leah said seriously. Lucky and the guys were now just a few feet away, watching the confrontation.

“No! You’re not having me put on lockdown in a sanatorium like Neely O’Hara!!!” Jill said, referencing Valley of the Dolls, and before Leah could stop her Jill took off running down the street.

“Jill stop!” Leah called, running after her

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!!” She yelled, running with the speed of a gazelle.

 

“Thanks guys.” Leah said. She was exhausted. After finally catching up to a barefooted Jill in Bensonhurst Park, Joey had managed to catch her, and bring her back to Leah and Lucky’s apartment, where she was now safe, and asleep, tucked in Leah’s bed.

“No problem.” Joey said.

“I’m gonna go check on her, make sure she doesn’t wake up and try and climb out of a window.” Lucky said, and with the way things were going tonight, that wasn’t a joke.

“Sorry guys.” Leah said, apologetically.

“You have nothing to be sorry about.” Justin said. “Your sister on the other hand, will probably be really embarrassed once she comes to, or won’t remember a thing.”

“Yeah,” Leah agreed with him on that.

“So Jace, we’re out.” He said.

“Alright, I’ll meet you guys at the hotel.” JC said, and with that, Justin, Lance, Chris, and Joey left the apartment.

“So, tonight was an adventure.” JC said, sitting down on the couch.

“It was kind of an adventure huh?” Leah replied, sitting down next to him.

“Yeah, the stuff, John Hughes would write about.” JC said. “Is she gonna be okay?” JC asked.

“I think so. This is kind of out of character for her. I don’t think she’ll do it again, but I’ll really get into her in the morning.”  Leah suddenly began to laugh.

“What?” JC asked.

“Jill’s singing.” She giggled.”It’s terrible!”

“The part where she called Chris a Leprechaun,” JC said. “Was probably the highlight of my night. I think that’s the most action he’s gotten in months.”

“You know what? This was the best night I’ve had in a long time, and I’m glad I’ve got to spend it with you.” Leah said.

“Well, it’s nice to see you happy,” JC said before kissing her. And Leah knew in that moment, that she couldn’t be happier.

“Mom,” Leah said into the phone. It was the very next morning, and the first thing she did as soon as she woke up was call her mother. “Did you know anything about Jill and Tristan breaking up?” Leah pressed, pacing across Lucky’s bedroom floor. Since Jill had slept in Leah’s room, Leah had slept with Lucky.

“Break up. No honey, they’re not broken up, they’ve just called off their engagement.” Gabrielle replied.

“Mom, did you know that Jill’s here? In my apartment.” Leah asked. Suddenly she got the feeling that Gabrielle was just as in the dark as Leah was.

“In New York!” Gabrielle exclaimed. “I thought she was in California.” Gabrielle said incredulously.

“She’s in my bedroom Mom.” Leah said. “She just sprung up on me and Lucky last night, all loopy on Xanax, crying saying that Tristan had broken up with her.”

“Xanax!” Gabrielle shrieked. “Broken up!”

“Yeah, Mom,” Leah nodded, as if, she could see her. “And that’s not even half of it.” Leah then quickly filled her mother in on Jill’s pizzeria antics in Brooklyn.

“You’re kidding.” Gabrielle sighed.

“I wish I were.” Leah replied.

“You Father will be very disappointed.” Leah winced, instantly feeling bad for Jill. She knew from years experience what it was like to the shame of the James family, and now it was Jill.

“Don’t worry Mom, I’m gonna get to the bottom of this, and I’m gonna have her checked out by a doctor as well.”

“Thank you.” Gabrielle said.

“No problem, Mom, I’ll talk to you later.” Leah said, signing off.

Hanging up the phone, Leah tossed it back on the bed, next to a sleeping Lucky. She left Lucky’s room, and headed down the hall for her own. Opening the door, she was surprised to see Jill already awake. “Hey.” Leah said.

“Man, that was a good night’s sleep.” Jill said groggily. “So what’s for breakfast?” She asked,

“Oh, well I was gonna grab some breakfast sandwiches from this truck that this guy Lenny runs,” Leah said.

“You expect me to eat from a truck?” Jill said.

“It’s actually really good, look there he is now,” Leah pointed out of her window, down to the food truck that Lenny Solis ran. “The best part of New York is that you don’t even have to cook if you don’t want to, you can just get what you need on the street.”

“Oy vey, I am not in the Hills anymore.” Jill said wearily.

“Welcome to the City sis!” Leah smiled. She was getting a kick out of her pampered Beverly Hills sister getting used to the ways of New York City. “So, about last night…” Leah said, not so swiftly changing subjects.

“What about it?” Jill asked nonchalantly.

“Oh, God, you don’t remember do you?” Leah asked. Jill shook her head, looking very confused.

“As far as I can remember I came here, and hopped in your bed.” Jill said innocently.

“That’s what you remember?”Leah asked. Jill nodded. “Well okay, this is what happened,” Leah said, recounting everything that had happened last night. The crying, the flirting, the singing, the flashing, and the running barefoot through Bensonhurst Park, screaming, “I’M NOT NEELY O’HARA I SWEAR!!!”

“Oh, God, I did that?” Jill asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, you did.” Leah said.

“That doesn’t even sound like me.” Jill said.

“Jill, what’s going on with you?” Leah asked.

“Well Tristan and I broke up.” Jill started.

“That much I know.” Leah said.

“His dad said that I’m not good enough to marry into their family.” Jill said.

“He what?” Leah asked, in disbelief. “Does the bastard know who I am?” Okay, usually Leah didn’t like to pull that card, but no one treats her sister like that.

“His father married into the Vanderbilt family, he doesn’t care if his son is dating the sister of a pop star!” Jill cried. “And he’s running for governor, so he’d prefer if his son married into another political family, you know so they can breed political babies, or some bullshit or something like that he said. I don’t know, I was too distraught o care!” Jill blubbered.

“And so, Tristan just broke up with you?” Leah asked. “Just because his father wanted him to?”

“Y-yes.” Jill sniffed. Leah could only imagine how broken Jill’s heart was. She and Tristan had been together for years. He was the one love of her life. This explained the Xanax, but still didn’t excuse it.

“That spineless fuck,” Leah muttered, holding her sister in her arms. “Jill I am so sorry.”

“I don’t know if I can get over this.” Jill cried.

“Of course you can.” Leah said. “You don’t need a guy like Tristan. He’s not good enough for you, and I wouldn’t want him for a brother-in-law anyway. Someday, you’re gonna meet a guy whose going to make you better, not make you cry.”  Leah said. “He’s going to bring out the best version of yourself; he’ll love you for you.”

“Kind of like the way JC loves you?” Jill asked.

“Yeah,” Leah smiled. “Like that.” She knew she was lucky to have JC. Guys like him didn’t come around often and she certainly did not take that for granted. “So listen, first things first in getting your life back on track.” Leah said. “I’m throwing your Xanax out before you become addicted, and you’re not getting anymore.”

“Okay.” Jill said.

“And get dressed.” Leah ordered, getting up from the bed. “Because I’m taking you to see a doctor.”

“Fine,” Jill sighed. “But can I at least have coffee first?” Jill asked.

“Sure.” Leah said, heading for the door.

“Are you gonna make any, or does that come from a vehicle too?”

“Very funny,” Leah said. “I’ll put on a pot.”

“Oh and Leah,” Jill said.

“Yes Jill?”

“Is it bad that I wish I can remember last night, because I sounded pretty damn awesome! Sounds like the most fun I’ve had in ages!”

“Oh, Jill,” Leah said, it seems as if the sisters were much more alike than Leah had thought.

“Well, I guess we can have more fun adventures together, once I move here.” Jill said.

“Wait, you’re moving here?” Leah asked, shocked.

“Unless of course you don’t want me to,” Jill said.

“No, of course I want you too; I’m just shocked that’s all.” Leah replied.

“Well, yeah now that Tristan and I are dunzo, there’s no reason for me to be in California anymore.” Jill said.

“So, who’d ever thought that my sister would make the move to New York?” Leah asked incredulously.

“I guess I’m just full of surprises, huh?” Jill said smiling.

“Surprise, surprise!” Leah sang, before leaving the room.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera presync jc teenagelove