Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

July 04, 1994

It had been four days. Four days since he had seen Leah. Four days since he had seen her face, or heard her voice. Four days since he had kissed her. The kiss. The kiss that shattered it all. How could he have been so stupid? JC wondered to himself. For the past four days, he had been mentally kicking himself in the ass. It had been obvious that Leah hadn't felt the same way about him, that he does for her. Otherwise, she would've called by now, or stopped by to see him. This is the longest amount of time that they had gone without seeing or talking to each other, being so close by. They only lived twenty minutes away from each other! He had made her cry. He couldn't blame Leah for crying. He caught her completely off guard. She was probably hurt that her one best friend had saw her in a different way. 

He knew he shouldn't have kissed her. But he couldn't resist. For the last couple of months, he couldn't help the feelings he had been developing for his best friend. But in all honesty, JC would rather hide his true feelings for Leah, and have her in his life as a best friend, then to tell her how he truly felt, and risk losing her forever. But now, he possibly could have lost her forever, all by one moment of weakness. Sure, JC had other friends. Some best guy friends, but not one like Leah. Leah was the one person in this world, whom he completely trusted, and told everything to. Only now he couldn't share his most intimate feelings with  her, because well, she was her. How could he possibly tell her he was beginning to fall in love with her. How would she react? There was always the very, very small possibilty that she could have feelings for him too. But then there was the more logical outcome. That she saw him as nothing more than a friend, like a brother. Then things between them would be awkward, and they'd grow distant. He just couldn't risk it, he decided. Her friendship was all too much to lose. 

JC leaned his head back on his bed, and stared up at the ceiling. He replayed the day that they had together, how just four days ago, everything between them had been perfect. JC wondered what he and Leah would be doing right now, if only he could have taken that last part of the night back. She would have most likely spent the last four nights at his house while they stayed up all night, and watched some of their favorite movies together, while pigging out on junk food like they always did. Leah practically lived at his house. Or they'd probably sneak out of the house, and drive to the beach, and lay out in the sand. Looking up at the stars, while they made plans for the future. JC turned his head, and looked at his computer desk. He still had Leah's pink stuffed elephant that he had won for her at Disney World, four days earlier. She had forgotten it in his car. He smiled a bit thinking of the smile on her face when he presented it to her. JC then sat up and smiled to himself, as he suddenly remembered. Today was the Fourth of July! JC had been so wrapped up in his self pity that he had almost forgotten the holiday. Every Fourth of July, his family hosted a big barbeque in their backyard and invited all of their friends. They'd eat great food, play games, dance, karaoke, and light fireworks at the end of the night. Leah came every year, and as tradition she would stay, and spend the night. Knowing his best friend, better than she knew herself, he knew she would be there! No matter what happened between them, she would be there. He just knew it. When she came, he would bring her up to his room, he would apologize, give her the stuffed elephant, and all would be forgiven! He couldn't wait!

 

Leah sat in her room, curled up on her bed contemplating whether or not she should go to the Chasez's Fourth of July Barbeque. Was it too soon? She wondered. Just four days ago JC had kissed her. Then he had apologized. He had regretted kissing her? How was she supposed to take that? For the past couple of months, she tried to ignore the increasing feelings that she had developed for her best friend, and when she finally thought that she was doing a good job at hiding her feelings, then this happens. At first she wanted to melt in his arms when she kissed him. She thought that this was the moment that would change everything. He would say that he had feelings for her, then she would confess the very same thing. Wrong. After he had abruptly ended their kiss, he had said "sorry." Seriously?! Sorry? She had been so stupid to think that the beautiful, smart, sexy, talented JC Chasez would ever have feelings for her. Leah realized that she would never be nothing more than just a friend to Josh. How humiliating! How could she possibly face him now? She had no choice. She definitely didn't want to spend a beautiful day like this at home by herself. He parents, and her grandmother, -"Nana", her family had affectionately called her- had flown to St. Bart's for the holiday.

Dear Leah,

We're off to Saint Bart's for the holiday. Didn't think you'd want to come, it's a "grown-up" vacation. W'ell be back on Sunday!

Love,

Mom, Dad, and Nana

P.S. We stocked the fridge with food, and left a credit card and some money in the cookie jar!

Was what the note had read. Okay seriously, who the fuck left the country for Independence Day? Only her parents. With her older sister Jill, being away at college in California at Stanford, and her oldest brother Ty at college in Cambridge, Massachusettes at Harvard, Leah was home by herself. It wouldn't be the first time, Leah thought to herself. She hardly ever got to see her parents. If they weren't working in their offices at all crazy hours of the night, then they were vacationing somewhere. The only one in her family that Leah felt she could confide in was Nana. Sixty year old Nana was actually the closest thing to a real mother Leah had. Nana was always there to dry her tears, and comfort her. She was wise, and strong.  Most times Leah felt like she was the black sheep in her family. She wasn't a genius, she wans't super great at math or science, and she was definitely not gonna be a doctor, lawyer, or scientist. The only thing she was good at was singing, and dancing. She felt that she was pretty much useless at anything else. "Don't think that way", JC would tell her, instantly cheering her up. "You're good at lots of things, only you don't realize it!" He would tell her.  

"Like what?" She would ask.

"Well for one, you're an amazing writer. I've never seen anyone come up with a song at the drop of a hat, like you do. You put feelings into the most profound words, that no one would ever be able to verbalize." JC would reply. 

A smile instantly spread across her face, at the thought of her firend. She did miss him. Leah had finally gathered all of her nerves up, and decided that she would go to the barbeque today. She got up from her place in bed, and walked into the hallway. She dialed Lucky's number. Lucky St. James was her second best friend after JC, her girl best friend. Leah had been friends with Lucky almost as long as she had been friends with JC, and since she couldn't talked to JC about how she felt about him, she would talk to Lucky. After three rings Lucky had picked up. 

"Talk to me." Lucky answered.

"Lucky, it's me." Leah replied.

"Oh." Was all Lucky said in response. Although, Lucky didn't sound happy to hear from her, Leah took no offense. This was just how Lucky was. She was a loner, and acted all "to cool for school". Like nothing had effected her nonchalant facade. She was very low-key. Despite her breath taking beauty, Lucky really could care less about how she looked. She had an olive complexion that seemed to have a natural glow, round hazel eyes, plump lips, long straight jet black hair, and stood about five nine. However she hardly ever wore makeup and always dressed in neutral colors; grey, black, or white. And she always wore the same black Chuck Taylors, that she had doodled and written quotes on.

"So what are you doing?" Leah asked.

"Reading Lolita for the fourth time." Lucky replied in a montone voice. Leah could hear the muffled sounds of Nirvana playing in the background. That was so Lucky. Leah and Lucky were the complete opposite of each other. That's why they were such great friends. They balanced each other out. While Leah loved to listen to R&B music, Lucky loved her Grunge music. Leah sometimes cared too much about how she lookd to the point of being self conscious, Lucky was so sure of herself, and didn't care what anyone else thought of her. Leah was more of a peace keeper, and Lucky was more confrontational. While Leah was a hopeless romantic, and still a virgin, Lucky was a "hit it and quit it"- as she put it- kind of girl, who did not believe in love at first sight, or fairytales. They were the total opposite, but couldn't get along better.

"So on the Fourth of July, you decide to stay holed up in your room, reading about the sexual encounters of a perverted old man, and listen to Grunge music all day?" Leah asked.

"Exactly." Lucky responded. Leah could practically feel her grinning smugly on the other end of the phone.

"I was wondering if you would come to Josh's with me today?" Lea asked, crossing her fingers.

"Why? So that I can be around a bunch of sweaty boys, throwing footballs, and celebrating a country that was found on slavery?" Lucky argued. Leah rolled her eyes. Sometimes her friend could be so damn difficult!

"No. So that you could provide moral support to your one and only friend." Leah said. It was true. Leah was Lucky's only friend. Lucky didn't socialize much. It was most definitely not because she was the shy type. More because she was the bitch type. She loved Lucky, but that was true too. She could be a bitch at times, which is what most people said about her. She was not a "people person". She was a loner.

"What do you mean moral support?" Lucky asked, sounding slightly amused.

"I kissed Josh!" Leah confessed for the first time aloud to anyone.

"Shut the front door!" Lucky exclaimed on the other end of the phone, her voice coming alive, sounding genuinely shocked and interested. "Now this is news!"

"Well, he kissed me actually."

"When?"

"Four days ago." Leah answered, barely above a whisper.

"And you're just now telling me?" Lucky asked in disbelief.

"Well, I'm barely coming to terms with it myself!"

"How did it happen?" Lucky asked all too eagerly. Leah went into account of how she had spent her Saturday with JC, and how it had ended. She also told Lucky about the feelings she had for JC.

"Lucks, what am I supposed to do? He's my best friend! How can I face him?" Leah pleaded.

"Are you seriously asking me this right now?" Lucky asked.

"Um, yeah!" Leah said in a 'duh' voice, a little confused.

"If you and Josh are really as tight as you say, then you'll go to the barbeque tonight, and talk to him. So what if it's embarassing? If he's really your best friend then you can get past a little embarassment." Lucky explained. Leah smiled, feeling a little more confident in the situation. Lucky was always good at this. While Leah always thought with her heart, Lucky always thought with her head. Lucky was logical. The voice of reason. "And yes, I'll be there to give you 'moral support'!" Lucky added, mocking Leah's words. 


It was already six o'clock, and Leah hadn't showed up yet. The party was in full swing, and if Leah were coming she would've been here by now. JC checked his watch for the tenth time.

"Not here yet?" Justin asked JC, taking a seat next to him on the porch steps.

"No." Was all JC could mutter. Maybe he truly had screwed up this time. Maybe there was no way he could fix there friendship. 

"Maybe you should just give it time." Justin said, seemingly reading JC's thoughts. Justin was the only person that JC had confided in about the kiss. 

"Yeah maybe, or maybe I really ruined it for us." JC replied.

"Listen Josh, if you two are as close as you say you are, then you'll be able to get past this. Just give it a little time to blow over. You know, there's a chance that she could feel everything that you're feeling right now." Justin assured his friend.

"Or maybe I scared her away." JC said.

"Or maybe she just pulled up, and is walking this way!" Justin said as he noticed that Leah and some girl had pulled up.

"What?" JC asked cluelessly. He then looked up to see Leah, and her friend walking right up to them.

"Um, hey Josh." Leah greeted him shyly.

"Hi, Leah." JC replied in disbelief. He couldn't believe that she had actually showed up.

"You know what? I'm gonna see if I can go find Britney." Justin excused himself, getting up from his place on the steps and walking away.

"Josh. This is my friend, Lucky. Lucky, JC." Leah introduced one friend to the other. They exchanged quick hellos, and handshakes.

"Um, Leah do you mind if we can go up to my room to talk?" JC asked. 

"Sure. Lucky, do you mind?" Leah asked, turning to Lucky.

"Me, no. I'm just gonna go grab some food. You wouldn't happen to have anything vegan would you?" Lucky asked JC.

"At a barbeque?" JC asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Right." Lucky replied, a little frustrated, she rolled her eyes, and stomped off towards the backyard. Leah giggled a little, then burst out lauging when she noticed the weirded out look on JC's face.

"Don't take it personal. That's just how she is!" Leah laughed, the tension between them seemed to melt away.

"No offense, but your friend's a little strange." JC said.

"Yeah, but that's why I love her!"

"C'mon." JC said. He opened the front door, and lead her up the stairs and into his room. Once in his room, JC shut the door so that he and Leah could have some privacy, and work out their problems. JC walked over to his dresser and handed Leah the pink stuffed elephant from Disney World.

"You forgot this the other night." JC said, handing her the stuffed animal.

"Thanks, Josh." Leah replied, taking the stuffed elephant, and plopping down on his bed. A smile spreading across her face. JC was glad to see that she didn't have any bad feelings about it.

"So, about the other night." JC started. 

"Yeah about it." Leah replied, now standing up. A dead silence followed. Although the both of them had planned what they would say to each other when this moment came, neither of them could bring themselves to say a word. It was all so awkward. Taking a deep breath, Leah was going to say what Lucky had told her to say on the drive here. To just say what she felt. That's what she was gonna do, she decided. She would finally tell JC what she had been feeling for the past few months.

"Listen I-" the two said in unison.

"You first." Leah said.

"Okay, well first, I wanna say I'm sorry." JC apologized. Leah's heart sank. Not again, she thought.

"Josh, sorry for what exactly?"

"For doing what I did. For kissing you." JC elaborated.

"Oh." Was all that Leah could say, she felt disappointed, but refused to let it show.

"It's obvious that I caught you off guard, and I didn't mean to hurt you." JC went on.  You're hurting me now! Leah wanted to scream. 

"I understand that you don't have any feelings for me, and it wasn't fair for me to put you in that position." JC continued.  But I do have feelings for Josh, I love you! Leah silently screamed to herself.

"To be honest, I don't even know why I did what I did. I guess I just got caught up in the moment." But JC wasn't being honest with himself. He knew exactly why he had kissed her, because he wanted to! Because he was falling deeply and madly in love with her. He just couldn't bring himself to tell her in fear that she didn't feel the same way. He didn't want to tell her that he saw her as more than a friend, partly because he knew it could change their relationship for the worse, and partly because, well, he was afraid. He didn't think he would be able to hear her say that she didn't feel the same. It would crush him.

"It's fine Josh. We're fine." Leah said, trying her best to even her voice out. She felt like she was gonna burst out in tears right in front of him. It took everything in her to get those words out and come off as fine.

"Really? We're okay?" Josh asked.

"Yes, we're okay. Just don't let it happpen again!" Leah tried to play it cool. Because if you do kiss me again, I don't know what'll happen! She wanted to add.

"Great!" JC said, walking over to her and hugging her. "Because I really can't lose you as a friend." JC held her closely, happy to be back in her good graces. It was better to have her in his life as a friend, than to confess his feelings to her, and lose her for good, he kept reminding himself.

 

September 05, 1994

It was Labor Day and Leah and JC were with their friends in Kennison Park for the annual Labor Day party, The Right Way to End Summer, as it had been advertised. This was also the end of an era for JC, Leah and a lot of the former Mouseketeers. Now that the show was over, and summer had come to an end everyone was going in their different directions. JC was staying in Orlando, but moving out of his parents house, and into one with Justin, Chris, Joey, and Lance where they would record their demo, and shop their demo for a deal. Leah was packing up and moving with her parents to New York City, where she had gotten accepted into LaGuradia High School for the Arts, where she would complete her senior year of high school, and work on a solo career. Britney was also moving to New York, and Christina to LA to work on their solo careers.

Over the course of the last month JC and Leah had put the infamous kiss behind them, and were closer than ever. They wanted to spend every moment of their last four weeks together. It would be hard for them to be apart, but had promised to stay in touch.

"Hey Leah, dance this last dance with me." JC said. Leah got up from her place on the picnic bench and JC lead her to the designated dance area. The DJ played, "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men. JC wrapped his arms around her, locking his fingers at the small of her back. Leah wrapped her arms around JC, her fingers lacing at the back of his neck. She rested her head on his shoulder, while they swayed back in forth to the music. All Leah could think about was this being the last night with her best friend. Not ever. Just for a while. She knew they would keep in touch, but it wouldn't be the same. It would be hard, but they would have to adjust without seeing each other for long periods of time. It's just a part of growning up. Leah kept telling herself. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or, if you love someone you have to let them go, and if it's meant to be, then they'll find their way back to each other. Is what Karen, JC's mom would tell him. He had finally confessed to his mother what he was feeling for Leah.

Since Leah didn't know when the last time she would see JC was going to be, she decided that now would be the moment. She would finally confess to JC her true feelings. If not now then never, she figured.

"Josh." Leah looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Yeah, Leah?"

"I love you." Leah confessed. She felt JC stop dancing, and she leaned back up. He stared at her in utter shock. Her heart rate sped up, suddenly not sure whether or not she should have said that.

"You what?" He asked in disbelief, looking down at his friend. He thought he'd misheard her.

"I-I love you, Josh." Leah repeated back stuttering, afraid of what he would say next. He just stared at her for what seemed like forever. Then he leaned in and kissed her. At first, Leah didn't know what to do, but after a moment she began to kiss him back more passionately. She parted her lips, allowing for his tongue to enter. He caressed her cheek, as they continued to kiss. They didn't care who was watching, it just felt so right. Leah felt chills all up and down her spine. When JC gently pulled back from the kiss, Leah opend her eyes to see JC staring down at her.

"Leah."

"Yeah, Josh?"

"I love you too."

"You do?"

"Yes. I've loved you all along." JC admitted. He felt like he had a huge weight lifted off of his chest, after telling her. Now everything was out in the open.

"You have?" Leah asked in disbelief.

"Yes." JC answered. Then he felt a crushing blow to his right shoulder. He felt like he'd been hit by a grown man! "LEAH! What the hell?!" JC yelled out in pain.

Suddenly, all eyes were on the two of them. "You mean you've felt this way all along and didn't tell me? You let me go on feeling like a complete and total idiot, for having feelings for you, and you've had feelings for me this whole entire time?!" Leah raised her voice slightly, partly happy and relieved that JC felt the same way, and partly pissed off because she thought she was alone in her feelings.

"Well, that's only because I was afraid." JC said, rubbing his sore shoulder.

"Afraid of what?" Leah asked in confusion, now lowering her voice. The party had resumed, and all of the attention was off the two of them, and the DJ continued to play "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men.

"I was afraid that if I told you how I felt, that you wouldn't feel the same way, and that it would put a strain on our friendship, and push you away." JC explained.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. So you really love me?" JC asked, not believeing his luck.

"Yes, Josh. I really do love you." Leah smiled.

"I love you too." JC replied. Leah laid her head back on his shoulder, and they continued to sway into the next song, "I Swear" by All-4-One.

"Josh."

"Yeah?"

"Make love to me." This stopped JC dead in his tracks. JC didn't know how many surprises he could take in one night.

"What?" JC asked, in what seemed to be the thousandth time of disbelief.

"Make love to me." Leah said again, this time looking up at him. Then he knew by the most sincere look in her eyes, that she was for real.

"Are you sure? I mean, you are a virgin. Are you really sure you wanna do this with me?" JC asked seriously. This was a big step.

"Yes I'm sure Josh. Do you not wanna do it?"

"Of course I wanna do it! But I want this to be right for you. You're special to me, and I would never do anything to hurt you." JC said, taking her chin in his hand, and tilting her head up to look at him.

"This is right Josh, I feel it. And who knows the next time we're gonna see each other again. It could be a month, it could be a year. Depending on where our careers take us, we may never have this opportunity again. We don't even have to start a relationship, we could just have tonight, and I'll be fine." Leah said, speaking for the first time in months, to Josh, truly from her heart.

"Leah, are you sure that you really wanna lose your virginity to me?" JC asked. He had to make sure she really meant it, and not just acting on impulse. Once they went there, they couldn't take it back.

"Josh, there's no one else in this world who I would want to lose my virginity to than you."

"If you're sure, then I'm sure." JC replied looking deep into Leah's green eyes.

"My parents and my grandmother won't be home until after midnight, they're at some fancy party!" Leah's eyes twinkled.


Once at Leah's house, JC and Leah rushed up the stairs, down the hall and into her room. On their way inside, Leah shut off the light. JC turned it back on. "I wanna see you baby." JC said kissing her. Leah didn't have a problem with that, she hardly ever felt insecure around Josh, because he always made her feel so beautiful. Laying back on her bed, Leah reached her arm over to her night stand to grab a condom from the Trojan box that Lucky had given her a few weeks ago, "just in case".

"I've waited for this moment for so long." Leah confessed to JC. Her heart pounded so loud she wondered if he could hear it. She was partly nervous and excited. After tonight, she would never be the same.

"You have no idea baby!" JC replied. He wanted to do everything he could to make this night special for Leah. He was gonna take his time, and make sure that this would be a night she would never forget. He planted a tender kiss on her lips. Her lips were so soft, he could kiss them forever. He made his way down to her neck and kissed her there. Leah closed her eyes, and let JC take over. He then leaned up to undress her. She kicked off her socks and shoes, while he lifted her white t-shirt up and off, and slid her blue jean shorts down to her ankles, where she kicked them off. He stared down at Leah, who was now in nothing but a baby pink lace bra, and matching thong. He took the time to admire Leah taking in her beautiful body, and her glowing brown skin. Leah pulled her bed spread back, while JC undressed himself. Once under the covers, JC resumed where he left off. He planted kisses on her neck, and worked his way to her right shoulder, and slid her bra strap down, and did the same thing to the left side. He reached around to unhook her bra, and released her full c-cup breast. JC leaned down, and took one hard nipple into his mouth, and began to gently suck. JC then repeated this action on her other breast. A soft moan escaped Leah's mouth. She couldn't believe that this was happening to her right now. It felt so special! So amazing! JC planted kisses from her chest, down to her flat stomach. When he got to her navel, he made a circling motion with his tonge. He felt her writhe a little beneath him in delight. She then lifted her hips, motioning for JC to take her panties off. He slid the lace pink thong down her thighs, and then flung them onto the floor. Leah readily parted her thighs. JC made his way to her most sensitive area, flicking his tongue over her clitoris.

"Mmmmm," Leah purred, enjoying the new sensation that she had never felt before. She combed her fingers through JC's hair, and arched her back. "Yesss." She moaned, not wanting this feeling to end. JC flicked his tongue faster, bringing Leah closer to the edge. Her head felt like it was spinning. She couldn't take anymore. "Josh, I need you now!" Leah said through clenched teeth, practically begging.

Josh came up from his position between her legs, and was now hovered over her. He took a long deep look into her lust filled eyes.

"Are you sure?" JC asked, making sure this is what she really wanted.

"Yes, Josh, I'm so sure." Leah replied anxiously. JC then took the condom from Leah's hand, unwrapped it, and sheathed himself.

"You ready?"

"Yes!" With that being said, JC slowly entered her. Leah bit down on her bottom lip, trying her best not to yell out in pain. JC was so big, and he throbbed inside of her. The feeling of JC inside of her was almost too much to handle. They had gone from being best friends, to making hot passionate love in only a matter of hours.

"Am I hurting you?" JC asked, a little worried by the pained look on her face.

"I'm good," Leah replied. "Don't stop." JC did as he was told. He rocked in and out of her at a slow pace. The pain soon turned to pleasure. "Oh yes! Faster Josh." Leah demanded. Doing as he was told, JC slid in and out of her at a faster pace. "Leah, look at me, baby." JC said, pumping in and out of her. Trying her best, Leah opened her green eyes to look into Josh's deep blue ones. The feeling was so intense, Leah thought she'd die of too much pleasure! "Ooh Josh!" Leah moaned, looking into his eyes. JC loved the look of pleasure in her eyes. "Oh my god! Josh!" Leah screamed, once she reached her peak.  Leah arched her back, rolled her head back and shut her eyes. Clawing at his back, JC felt Leah begin to quake underneath him. He loved the sight of her enjoying her very first orgasm. When he felt her walls clench him, he couldn't take anymore, and joined her in ecstacy.

Rolling over, JC discarded the used condom, and Leah lay her head on his chest. He placed an arm around her, and slowly and gently stroked her back, comforting her.

"Are you okay Leah?" JC asked. He wanted to make sure, that everything had been perfect for her, and that she didn't regret anything.

"I'm perfect Josh." Leah replied, sleepily.

"Josh?"

"Yeah, Leah?"

"Promise me again." Leah smiled. 

"Leah, look at me baby." He took her chin in his hands, and tilted her head up towards him. He then began to recite the promise that the two had made three years ago. "Leah Danielle James I promise, no matter where life takes us, you will always be my best friend." He whispered, stroking her cheek. "I want you in my life, for the rest of my life. I don't want to lose your friendship, but I wanna gain so much more with you. We may not be able to have that just now, but trust me, we'll have that one day."

Leah looked up into JC's eyes. Silence filled the room. Not the awkward silence. But the kind of silence, where they didn't need words. Just being there, in that moment lying next to each other was enough. JC broke the loving gaze, with a gentle kiss. He didn't want this moment to end. For so long, he had wanted this with Leah, and now that he finally had it, it would end all to quickly. 

"Josh, I don't want this moment to end." Leah admitted.

"Neither do I." JC agreed. For the rest of the time they had together, they lay in silence, her in his arms.

After a few hours had passed, Leah had awaken, she glanced over at her digital Hello Kitty clock: 12:30 am. Leah panicked a bit. She got up from her place on the bed, and was relieved when she looked out the window, and saw that her parents black Mercedes, was not in the drive way yet. She silently thanked God. She walked out into the hallway to confirm that she, and Josh still had the house to themselves. Once back in her bedroom, she walked to her dresser, and pulled out her pajamas. After she slid the pink tank, and white baggy cotton pajama bottoms on, she tip toed back to her bed. She looked down at a sleeping Josh. He looks so peaceful, she thought. She didn't want to wake him up, but she had to, her parents would be home at anytime. She wasn't ready yet for Josh to leave her side, they'd only just confessed their true feelings for each other, and she didn't want to let go. But she had to be strong. She remembered what Nana had told her once; If you love someone you have to let them go, and if it's meant to be, then they will find their way back to each other. With those words in mind, she leaned over to gently shake Josh. "Josh!" Leah whispered, gently shaking him. "Josh, baby you gotta wake up." Josh, turned his head, and slowly opened his eyes. When he saw that it was Leah waking him, a smile spread across his face. "Josh, believe me I don't want you to go, but my parents will be home at anytime now!" Leah explained. Josh, quickly awakened. After giving her a quick kiss, he slid his close on. Leah then walked him to the front door, where he held her in his arms.

"What time do you leave for New York?" JC asked.

"We leave for the airport at five thirty a.m., and board our flight at seven." She replied.

"Call me as soon as you get to New York." JC said seriously.

"I'll call you as soon as I can, baby." Leah promised. JC leaned in to kiss her. They shared a slow lingering kiss not wanting to let go.

"I love you Josh." Leah said, barely audible, a tear escaping her eye, and falling down her cheek.

"I love you too, Leah, and I always will. More than you could ever know." JC replied wiping her tear away. They shared one final kiss.

"Goodbye, Josh." 

"No Leah, not a goodbye. A see you later." Josh smiled. Then Leah smiled too feeling a little more hopeful.

"I'll see you later Joshua Scott Chasez."

"I'll see you later Leah Danielle James."

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera presync jc teenagelove