Author's Chapter Notes:
My really lame attempt at a Big Bang Theory type of title. Ha!

One Week Later…

As a lot of Leah’s things had been coming in from New York, she and JC had been busy unpacking, and settling into his LA home. Since JC had just wrapped up the PopOdyssey tour with the guys, this is only the second time that Leah’s been out to his place, since he’d first bought it.

“Damn Woman, you have more shoes than Mariah Carey!” JC joked, referring to Mariah’s infamous episode of MTV Cribs, when he opened up yet another box of shoes.

Leah beamed. She loved being compared to her idol whether it be musically related or not.

Don’t take that as compliment.” JC said, reading her mind.

“I wasn’t.” Leah said, trying to defend herself, but JC knew better. She moved on to the box marked Kitchenware, and began to unpack it. “Besides, that’s not even all of them,” she quipped, walking from the living room, and into the connecting kitchen to place two coffee mugs in the cabinet, and back again.

JC glared at her.

“I’m joking, I’m joking!” Leah laughed. “I’m pretty sure those were it. Just be careful, they’re my babies!” She called, walking back into the kitchen, with two more mugs in hand. She placed them in the cabinet alongside the other two, but stopped when something caught her eye. It was a Grant new issue of Star Magazine. Well it had to be new because she was on the cover, and so was JC; it was a candid photo of the two of them leaving LAX last week, Leah in her royal blue Juicy Couture tracksuit and, and JC in his Von Dutch t-shirt and rugged Calvin Klein jeans, and his long curly brown hair perfectly intact. The headline read J-Leigh Takes Hollywood! And showed JC and Leah walking hand in hand out of the airport.

Leah took a moment to look over the picture, sure she didn’t look her best, but considering the fact that she had been on an airplane for five and half hours she didn’t look half bad either. JC on the other hand, looked like a Greek God as always. The guy didn’t have a bad day. He could’ve worn a garbage bag, and made it look sexy. She wasn’t bothered much with the magazine cover, and what the fluff piece inside read, considering last year’s tabloid frenzy, she’s read much worse. And since neither JC nor Leah read any of the tabloids she figured that Imelda, JC’s cleaning lady, must have left it this morning. She was a sweet woman, but she loved gossip.

“Okay, why do you have a Jordan Knight poster?” Leah heard JC call. Wait, what?

“Huh?” Leah asked, walking back into living room.

“What are you, ten?” JC snickered, holding up a life sized poster of a shirtless New Kid. “You know this is not hanging up in the bedroom right?”

Leah wrinkled her nose. “Ugh! Lucky must have put that in there.” She blushed, in embarrassment, thinking back to her New Kids on the Block phase she had as a teenager, and how Lucky wouldn’t let her live it down. “She’s totally mocking me.”

“Uh huh,” JC said skeptically.

“It’s not mine, I swear.” Leah replied. JC just looked at her. “What? It’s not! Stop looking at me like that!”

“Yeah, whatever!” He quipped. Leah took a pillow from the couch and threw it at him as he continued to unpack.

“So, have you checked this out?” Leah asked, handing JC the magazine. “Apparently we’re the hot new couple.”

J-Leigh,” JC said slowly, reading the title. “Huh, they gave us a name.” He mused.

“At least it’s better than the OK! cover.” Leah stated.

“Oh, don’t remind me,” JC replied, tossing the magazine on the loveseat and reaching back down into the box. “Wow.”

“What?” Leah asked. She had her back turned, unpacking a collection of books: Wuthering Heights, Valley of the Dolls and Breakfast at Tiffany’s to name a few.

“You still have this thing?” JC asked, amazed.

Leah turned around to see JC holding up the pink stuffed elephant that he had gotten for her that night at Disney World, eight years ago. “Yeah, of course I still have it.” Leah said. “That was one of the best nights of my teenage life. Well, until you made me cry!” She joked.

JC thought back to that night, and couldn’t believe that she had kept it all those years. They had been through so much since they were seventeen. “Well, may I ask why you have it in a Ziploc bag?” He asked, laughing a little.

“Because I’m protective of my shit!” That little elephant had seen a lot in the past eight years, and had endured a lot of wear and tear, so when Leah traveled with it, she liked to tuck him in a Ziploc bag to keep him safe. Ugh! Not that anyone needed to know that. Well, no one except JC.

“Cute.” JC smirked.

“Oh shut up!” Leah replied, turning back to the box to finish unpacking her books. The two spent the next few hours unpacking Leah’s things, and putting them in their proper place, all the while goofing off and having a great time just being with each.

 “So, are you ready to get back out on the road?” JC asked. The two were now in JC’s bed, cuddled together, and watching Friends.

“Yes! I cannot wait until my car gets here.” Leah replied. Her car was due to come on Wednesday, and she could not wait to get behind the wheel. She had mercy on the poor pedestrians who dared to cross the streets the day she started driving again. “But then again there’s the test.” Since Leah was now officially a resident of the state of California, she had to have a California’s driver’s license. One problem; She’s hadn’t taken a driver’s test since she was sixteen years old.

“Oh.” JC said knowingly.

Anyone who knew Leah James knew that she wasn’t the very best driver. She was just as bad a driver as Cher Horowitz, and had passed her driver’s test by the skin of her teeth. Plus, she had spent the last eight years in New York City; she rarely drove! When she had gotten her first royalties check, she had stupidly decided to splurge and buy her dream car; an all white Range Rover, which had hardly seen the outside of her garage. But now, being in California, she’d be spending plenty of time in her car going from point A to point B.

“Exactly,” Leah said. “I am so going to fail this test.” The written part, that was easy, that’s where she shined. But the driving part was the real kicker.

“Hey, no you won’t” JC said nudging her. “How about I take you out tomorrow and you can practice just driving around the city?” He suggested.

“Really, do you think that’s a good idea?” Leah asked.

“I don’t see why not, you’re gonna have to get behind the wheel at some point.”JC replied. “Besides, you’re not that bad of a driver.”

 

JC was absolutely wrong about one thing; Leah was that bad of a driver. Unfortunately for him, it was too late to take that back.

“You fucking asshole!” Leah yelled, completely frustrated when a black Saturn on the opposite corner had turned before her. They had only been in JC’s Mercedes for twenty minutes, and he already feared for his life. Feeling a little cautious, he decided to ride with the top up. LA traffic was one thing, but Leah in it, was a whole other level.

“Actually, they had the right of way Babe.” JC said.

“What?” Leah asked.

“Whoever approaches the Stop sign first has the right of way.” JC explained.

“Right.” Leah replied taking a deep breath. She tried to remain calm, but the LA driving was really freaking her out.

“How about we take a little break, you know, get a bite to eat?” JC suggested.

“Maybe that’s a good idea,” Leah agreed. “Where to?” She asked, turning onto a main road.

“How about Mel’s Diner?” JC asked.

“That sounds good- What the FUCK?!” Leah exclaimed midsentence. A yellow Hummer had swiveled over into their lane without warning. “Their called blinkers, you Dumbass! Use them!” She shouted, before blowing the horn repeatedly.

JC chuckled. You could definitely tell that Leah had spent the last eight years in New York. Her rampant road rage was evident enough.”Calm down, Tony Soprano!” JC teased. “It’s not that deep.”

“Like hell it’s not! What if we had to be somewhere?” Leah gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. JC was convinced that had she gripped even tighter, then she would definitely lose her fingers.

“But we don’t” JC replied. “So just sit back and wait it out. “

“Whatever,” Leah huffed. “Californians can’t drive.”

“No, I think it’s the other way around.” JC said.

“What are you talking about? Everyone walks in New York.” Leah said.

“Then why is there so much traffic?” JC asked.

“Touché’” Leah replied, turning on the radio. Since it looked like they would be here a while, she might as well find some way to enjoy herself, and relieve some tension. Someone to Call My Lover by Janet Jackson was on.

“Okay, now take a deep breath and focus.” JC instructed her. “The line’s moving forward.” He said. As the cars ahead of them slowly started to inch forward, Leah pressed her foot down on the gas pedal. “And remember, if you wanna pass this test, you can’t let every little thing piss you off.”

“I’m fine.” Leah said. “I’m totally chill- Oh HELL NO! You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!!!

Okay, maybe she needed to work on her road rage as well.

 

“Well, that was quite the adventure.” JC said, plopping down on the large plush couch. Leah was not too far behind.

“Ha! You’re telling me.” She muttered. After lunch, JC had offered to drive them back home, since he was not willing to risk his life or hers. “I fucking hate driving.” Leah sighed. “I can’t believe I have to re-take this test, when I already have Orlando license. I mean that should prove something, right?”

“So wait, you didn’t take a driver’s test in New York?” JC asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Leah shook her head.

“Wait, what?” JC asked, puzzled. “But you lived in New York for eight years.”

“Yeah, and?” Leah asked, not understanding what he was getting at.

“So you never had a New York license?” JC asked,

Leah shook her head again.

“So, you were living in New York, with a Florida license?” JC asked, trying to make sure he was getting everything straight.

“Pretty much, yeah.” Leah nodded.

“And you got it renewed when?” JC asked.

“Um, I didn’t.” Leah said.

“So, let me get this straight, you have an expired Florida driver’s license that is of no use to you here, or in New York.”

“Uh, yeah.” Leah said very matter of factly.

“Leah!” JC exclaimed, in complete bewilderment.

“What?!” Leah exclaimed. “You say that like you just discovered that I’m the head of the Gambino Crime Family!”

“You can’t just do that!” JC said.

“It’s not that uncommon back in New York, okay.” Leah said defending herself. “I’ve been touring, and traveling a lot, and when I was home, I’d either walk to get to where I had to go or catch a taxi, or use the subway. And then when it came to events, I’ve always been chauffeured.” She explained.

It finally sunk in for JC. Now he got why she was such a bad driver. “Huh.” JC said, coming to this realization. He chuckled to himself thinking about just how much she would have to get adjusted to California culture. This would be an interesting first month! “So, is there anything else I need to know? Like, is there a warrant out for your arrest?” He teased. “Are you wanted for tax evasion?”

“Haha, very funny!” She said, smacking his arm. “And before you ask, no, I am not a descendant of Al Capone. Smartass!”

JC let out a deep hearty laugh. It was that infectious laughter that she missed when she was away from him, and made her happy with her decision to make the big move over to the West Coast. Even if she did have to make some adjustments, he was well worth it.

“So, I think we should give this driving mess a break, and just have some fun tonight.” JC said, changing the subject.

“What do you have in mind?” Leah asked.

“I was thinking maybe we could go out to ULTRA, have a few drinks, dance a little, and I could introduce you to a few friends.”

“Sounds fun,” Leah said optimistically. She usually liked anyone that JC liked. He kept himself surrounded by good people, so she trusted him. “So, can I drive?”

“Oh, no!” JC replied. “I am not letting you get back behind the wheel until you’ve read a driver’s manual at least five times through!” He exclaimed, before hopping off the couch, and heading upstairs.

“Hey!” Leah scoffed. “But, I’m good at the written portion!” She called after him.

************

 

“Leah!” JC called for what felt like millionth time. He was sitting on the couch watching reruns of Home Improvement, while he not so patiently waited for her to finish getting ready for their night out. “C’mon!”

“I told you I’d be there in five minutes, so stop calling me every half hour!” Leah called back from the upstairs bathroom.

JC had to laugh at that. “My woman!” He said to himself.

A few minutes later, Leah slowly made her way down the stairs, careful not trip in her five inch, silver, crystal, YSL sandals. She was not about to have a Laney Boggs, She’s All That moment, no, she had had way too many of those in the past.

“One does not simply rush perfection!” Leah said, making her presence known, once she had reached the landing of the staircase.

JC sat there amazed, taking in the sight of his girlfriend. She was every bit of perfection in her pink, skin tight, body hugging, satin Versace dress that had stopped right at the middle of her thigh, revealing her petite, but nonetheless perfectly toned legs. Her hair had been flat ironed with a center part, and JC noticed that she was wearing the Cartier studs he had gotten her for their anniversary.

“Damn baby.” JC said, walking over to her. “Maybe we should stay home tonight.” He said, nibbling at her neck. And God, she was wearing that vanilla body mist too! Did she want them to make it out of the house?

Leah giggled at his touch. “Okay, I did not just waist an hour and half of my life to stay home!”

“Oh that was no hour and half!” JC replied. “But, it was well worth the wait,” he said before giving her kiss. “C’mon let’s get out of here.”

************

 

The club scene in LA was totally different from the club scene in New York. As in not even in the same hemisphere! Whereas Leah and Lucky would usually grab a pair of flats, and hit up the local bars and clubs in New York on a random Friday night, LA was completely exclusive. It was all about who you knew or who you were. Lucky for Leah and JC, their names were at the top of the list at ULTRA, the super exclusive nightclub owned by American business magnate Ronald Stein, who basically owned half of Hollywood. Everyone who was anyone was there, or at least wanted to be there.

Leah had been once before, a year ago when the after party for the American Music Awards had been held there, and that was it. It had seemed just like a club to her, striking no impression on her whatsoever.

“It’s not just a club.” Jill had told her, sounding almost offended. “It’s the club to be at.”

“Um, okay.” Leah replied. Maybe it’s because she had instant access to ‘celebrity treatment’ or whatever the hell it was, but all of that stuff really didn’t have any effect on her. She could be at the YMCA in fucking Idaho for all she cared, as long as she was around people she cared about and was having a great time, it didn’t matter where she was.

Leah, JC over here!” She heard someone call, and the blinding lights of cameras going off in their faces had snapped Leah out of her reverie.

“Ugh!” Leah groaned, forgetting about the paparazzi. She put her hand in front of her face to block the flashes of light. This was another thing she was going to have to get used to. Sure there were photographers back in New York, like back when the news broke that she and JC had been dating, but that was a rarity. She didn’t have to deal with them on a day to day, or even on a night out. In LA, it they came out in full force like pack of piranhas. She was used to photographers at red carpets, charity, and press events, but in her everyday life? That was something she would have to get used to.

“Here,” JC said, offering his hand. Leah took it, and interlaced her fingers with his. JC took his free arm, and wrapped it securely around her waist, escorting her into the club, and protecting her from the lecherous photographers.

“And you deal with that every day?” Leah asked incredulously, once they had made their way into the club. It was dark, with searchlights flashing, in place of disco lights, and the DJ was spinning Always on Time by Ja Rule and Ashanti.

“You get used to it after a while,” JC said nonchalantly. JC went on about his day-to-day life, working and just being himself. “As long as they keep to themselves at a safe distance and respect my privacy, then I don’t see a problem.” He said.

“Well that’s an oxymoron if I’ve ever heard one!” Leah snorted.

“C’mon, we’re here now, let’s have fun!” JC said, taking Leah by the hand, and leading her up to the VIP section of the club.

“Hey, you guys finally made it!” A very metrosexual man called from one of the tables. He was joined by two other guys, and girl.

“Hey!” JC called back excitedly, making his way over, and Leah following. When they got to the table, JC’s friends stood up to greet him and he introduced each one to Leah. “Leah, this is Chad,” he said of the metrosexual, who was clad in a crisp pink and white striped Ralph Lauren button down, and Armani jeans. His dark messy hair had that whole bed head look to it, but Leah could tell he probably spent just as much time in the mirror working on it she had on hers, and she could smell his Axe body spray from a mile away.

“And, this is Grant,” JC continued, making the introductions. Grant, who stood at around six feet, just an inch taller than both JC and Chad, had a much more laid back vibe than Chad. He was dressed in a simple white t-shirt with a long silver and diamond ‘LA’ chain hanging from his neck. He wore a brown leather jacket and matching baggy leather pants and matching Timberland boots that complimented his skin tone. Had Ginuwine ever needed a stunt double in a music video, Grant should’ve been first in line for the job. Leah made a mental note to find out if he were single, deciding to play matchmaker for Jill. 

“And this is Autumn.” JC said, making the last introduction. Leah’s eyes fell on a petite girl about her height, with porcelain skin, brunette hair that fell past her shoulders, and wait for it, green eyes. She wore a black strapless Gucci dress that left almost nothing to the imagination, and a pair of red five inch Christian Louboutins. “Guys, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Leah!” JC said, proudly.

“Hi!” Autumn, squeaked happily embracing Leah in a hug, taking Leah by surprise.

“Oh. Hi!” Leah said, stunned by the greeting.

“I’ve heard so much about you!” Autumn said. Everyone had begun to take their seats around the table.

Really? Because I’ve heard nothing about you! Leah wanted to say, but knew she shouldn’t. “All good things, I hope!” She said instead, giving a generic answer.

“But of course!” Autumn replied. “Josh is just crazy about you!”

Did she just call him Josh? Leah thought to herself. Only people super close to him call him that. How close were they exactly? She really didn’t like the way Autumn hugged him when they first got to the table. No, stop it! Leah thought. You’re being stupid. Autumn is just a friend. She’s a friend the way that Chad is a friend, and Grant is a friend. JC is allowed to have friends. She reminded herself.

“Thank God you’re here; it’s great to finally have another girl here!” Autumn exclaimed.

See, Autumn is nice. Leah reasoned with herself. Autumn is my friend now, and I need all the friends in LA I can get! Leah had decided to stop being a judgmental little bitch. She was not that girl. She was not that possessive girlfriend. She hated those kinds of girls. She had no reason to hate Autumn, so she wasn’t going to look for one. She was just going to enjoy her night out with her boyfriend, and get to know his friends, and have a good time.

A minute later, two waitresses had brought drinks to their table that Autumn had taken the liberty to order before JC and Leah had arrived.

“In honor of Leah’s first night out in LA, drinks are on me!” Autumn said, taking a sip.

“Wow, thanks Autumn,” Leah said before doing the same. “Mmm,” Leah savored the taste of her drink. “Bailey’s mixed with Butterscotch Schnapps. A girl after my own heart!” She said, said tossing back the drink.

“Take it easy Babe,” JC said.

“What for? I’m not driving remember?” She shot back, before giving him a flirty wink.

 

The rest of the night had actually turned out to be fun for Leah. She had gotten to know JC’s friends, and had found out that Chad was, well, Chad didn’t really do anything. He was taking a break from USC (where his major was undecided), and living off his trust fund until he “Found himself.” He was a second generation Vietnamese-American, whose parents were self made multi-millionaires and owned one of America’s largest Fortune 500 companies. He along, with his brother Ryan were heirs to the company, but until it was time to grow up, Chad was “coasting,” as he so nicely put it.

Grant, who was an up and coming music producer, was a protégé’ of Dallas Austin, and the son of Terrence O’Day, a nine time Grammy winning producer, and Melinda O’Day, one of the best entertainment lawyers in the business. He had graduated from the Berklee School of Music with a double major in Contemporary Writing and Production, and Music Business and Management. He had met JC through Dallas, and they had begun working on music together and had been tight ever since.

Autumn, Leah had found out, was an actress, model, and producer. The triple threat, who was a native of Costa Mesa, had done guest spots on Scrubs, Smallville, Alias, and 8 Simple Rules, and also just wrapped up an indie film titled By the Moon, shot by none other than Jean-Paul Badeaux, Lucky’s boyfriend. Small world. Autumn had also appeared in a Neutrogena ad. And a Skechers ad. And a Colgate ad. Oh and she also once had a Golden Retriever that got hit by a pickup truck when she was seven.  Leah had found that when filled with enough alcohol, Autumn tended to be an over sharer. 

 

“So, you have a pretty interesting group of friends,” Leah said turning to JC. They were in the car, on the way back home, both exhausted from a night of dancing.

“You really like ‘em?” JC asked.

“Yeah, I do.” Leah replied.

“I’m really glad, Babe.” JC said, reaching over the center console and grabbing her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. “You’re going to fit in just great!”

***************

Later that night, Leah had watched JC was deep in sleep, dead to the world. Another thing about LA that she would have to get used to? Sleeping. Okay, maybe that wasn’t necessarily an LA thing, but when she was in New York, she never really went to bed at a certain time. She had always been that way ever since she could remember, but New York had seemed to suit her irregular sleeping habits. They didn’t call it The City That Never Sleeps for nothing. One night, she’d fall asleep at 2:00 am, and then the next, 5:00 am. There was always something to do in New York City at any given time to soothe her never ending thoughts. She could just put on her shoes and go. But here, here she was in a gated community, where everyone was tucked away safe in their homes, asleep in their beds, and the streets were eerily quiet. It was all so creepy.

A few seconds later, Leah slowly eased out of bed, as not to wake JC (like that was possible), and took the phone off the dock. She headed down the stairs, and into the living room. She flipped on the lights, turned on JC’s stereo system, and quietly played, her Sheryl Crow album. She played the track, A Change Would Do You Good, and listened contently. As the track faded, and switched to Home, Leah dialed her old phone number, knowing her best friend would be up despite the fact that there was a three hour time difference.

The phone rang twice before Lucky picked up. “So how goes it on the West Coast?” Lucky answered, she didn’t have to be at work for another two hours, but she was going through her closet trying find an outfit to where.

“Pretty good.” Leah replied, smiling at the sound of her friend’s voice. It sounded like home. “I have to get used to some things, but otherwise things are going pretty great.”

“Getting used to some things like sleep?” Lucky asked knowingly, otherwise Leah wouldn’t have been calling her at 2:15 am West Coast time.

“Yeah,” Leah sighed.

“I just kind of don’t get the whole, going to bed at a decent hour ordeal.” Leah said.

“Sleep is a good thing, my friend, get used to it.” Lucky replied. “Trust me, if anyone needs it, it’s you, it’ll save you from your thoughts.” Lucky said, knowing how Leah’s mind could tend to go into overdrive if she wasn’t careful.

“Yeah, maybe you’re right.” Leah said, leaning back into the couch, and propping her feet up onto the coffee table.

“So what else is bothering you?” Lucky asked, knowingly. She took a black Christian Dior blazer out of her closet, and held it up to her, checking it out in her full length mirror.

“We went out to a club tonight.” Leah said.

“Ooh, which one?” Lucky asked, tossing the blazer on the bed, and turning back to her closet for more options.

ULTRA,” Leah said.

“Oooh, exclusive.” Lucky mused. She had gone to that bullshit pompous ass club countless times for events that she had to host for certain celerity clients. Lucky had witnessed some shady things happening in ULTRA.

“Ugh, there were paparazzi everywhere, well, I guess I have no right to complain, but anyway JC wanted me to meet some of his friends, and there’s this girl named Autumn.” Leah said, with a slight bite in her voice. She hadn’t meant to sound so harsh, but it just came out that way. Maybe it was better that she discuss it with Lucky first so that it wouldn’t become an issue later on.

“Wait, a girl?” Lucky asked.

“Yeah.” Leah said.

“What’s she like?” Was the first thing that came to Lucky’s mind.

“She’s like the white version of me.” Leah blurted out. “She’s the same height as me, we have the same color hair, and eyes. The same personality and everything.” Leah had finally gotten it off her chest. She had known that guys had a type, but damn!

“You have nothing to worry about though.” Lucky said. That she was sure of.

“I know.” Leah replied. “That’s the problem.”

“Okay, so what’s the problem?” Lucky asked, confused.

“The problem is, I’m making a problem out of nothing!” Leah said. “I felt so bitchy and judgmental towards her, and I don’t even know her. It’s sad, and she was so nice to me. She even bought me drinks.”

“That Bitch,” Lucky muttered, and then the two burst out in a fit of giggles.

“I’m being silly, aren’t I?” Leah asked.

“Yeah you are.” Lucky replied. “You’re being a huge bitch!” Leah was glad that she had an honest friend who wouldn’t hesitate to call her on her shit.

“I know, I know,” Leah sighed. “But honestly, what would you do if Jean-Paul introduced you to a French version of yourself.”

“Then I’d have to cut the bitch.” Lucky joked. Leah laughed a little. “Go to bed Leigh, your thoughts are consuming you.”

“Fine, fine!” Leah relented. “I will try to go to bed! Goodnight Lux,” she said, getting up from the couch, and cutting the stereo off.

“Uh, more like good morning!” Lucky laughed, watching the sun come up from her bedroom window. “Have fun, and soak up some of that California sun for me!”

“Will do, ‘bye!” Leah said before hanging up. She thought about everything that Lucky had said, and realized how crazy she was being. JC was amazing, and she had nothing to worry about. She felt guilty even thinking she had something to worry about.

After shutting down the living room, Leah headed back upstairs to the bedroom. She climbed back in bed with JC, and still, in a deep a sleep as ever, he rolled over, and wrapped a heavy arm around her pulling her close to his warm body. She smiled. If this is what sleep was like, she could definitely get used to this. The feel of his body perfectly molded against hers; they fit together perfectly. She had to try this sleep thing more often. Oh yes, sleep was good!

**************

The next day, Leah had taken Autumn up on the offer to go out for coffee. She had explained her current driving situation, and Autumn had seemed more than happy to pick her up, since JC was in a meeting, and there was no way in Hell he’d let her get behind the wheel, unless it was in an empty parking lot. So now, she was with Autumn sitting outside, at a table, under an umbrella, at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in West Hollywood.

“So thanks for inviting me out Autumn, I really appreciate it.” Leah said taking a sip of her Red Eye, which she desperately needed considering the fact that she was not a morning person. She had pulled her wet hair up into a bun piled high on her head, and threw on the largest pair of sunglasses she could find, to hide the circles under her eyes.

“Oh no problem,” Autumn said, taking a sip of her own Espresso. “I know how hard it can be to make friends out here. And besides, I needed this,”she said referring to her coffee. “It’s vital to those of us, who certainly don’t get enough sleep.”

“Oh, you too?” Leah asked, surprised that she finally found someone who understood her situation.

“I haven’t had a full eight hours since grade school. In fact, I wouldn’t even know what it meant to get a good night’s sleep if the Sandman came and knocked me out himself.” Autumn said.

“Right?!” Leah exclaimed. “I just don’t get these people who can fall asleep at the drop of a dime. Like my boyfriend case in point.”

“Oh well, I always say they miss out on all the fun!” Autumn said.

“Yeah!” Leah agreed, laughing.

“Besides, who needs sleep when you got coffee?” Autumn joked.

“Uh… yeah…” Leah stammered, staring of f into the distance.

Autumn turned around, and looked behind her, when she noticed Leah looking a little distracted. There was a small huddle of paparazzi clicking away outside the fence of the establishment. “Ugh! Are you fucking serious?!” Autumn exclaimed, getting up from hair chair. “Get the fuck out of here, the poor girl’s just trying to get a cup of coffee!” She yelled, causing the guys to quickly scramble, but not before taking one last picture.

Leah felt absolutely mortified. Maybe she should’ve done more than slip on JC’s old Washington Redskins jersey, blue jeans, and Uggs. “Thanks for that,” Leah said grateful for Autumn’s interference. She wouldn’t have the guts to do it herself. “You really didn’t have to do that.”

“Oh it’s nothing, you shouldn’t have to be accosted every time you step outside your door.” Autumn replied.

Leah hardly considered that as being accosted, but, it was pretty invasive.

“So, what are you doing after this?” Autumn asked, changing the subject.

Leah checked the time on her phone. She didn’t have to meet up with JC for another three hours. “Nothing.” Leah replied.

“So, I was peeping your shoe game last night Leah James, and I’ve gotta say, you give me a run for my money.” Autumn said smiling.

“Uh, no. I saw those Louboutins you were wearing.” Leah replied. “I have to admit I was feeling a bit jealous. But just a little!” Leah said, holding up her pointer and thumb, and leaving a small space between them.  

“I’ll tell you what, how about we go wreak havoc on Rodeo Drive and buy as many shoes as we can?” Autumn suggested.

“I’d say you’ve got yourself a date, Federici.” Leah grinned, taking her up on her offer. Leah had only been in LA over a week and she had already found a friend who loved coffee, hated sleep just as much as she did, and had shared shoe fetish. She had really started to like this girl. “Autumn, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!” Leah said, repeating the phrase from Casablanca. Maybe the adjustment to LA wouldn’t be so hard to make after all!

Chapter End Notes:

The Dress:

 

 

The Shoes:

 

 

 Rene Caovilla Twisted Crystal Single-Sole Sandal, Silver

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera presync jc teenagelove