Story Notes:
Yes, I've started another story but I got inspired by reading Bobbilynn's "Save Me From Myself" and by watching Diary episodes on youtube. This is very different from my usual so I hope you all give it a chance. This is what comes from a little writer's block. Rating might change.

April 7th, 2000

Hello Diary!

You need a name, you shall get one before I fill this whole book it. I mean, look at you, you’re a looooong book. Which means I can ramble a lot, hell yeah!

Anyway, I guess you want to know some stuff about me, eh Diary?

Well, my name’s Juliette Venice Covington. And no, I’m not joking, that’s seriously my name. Blame my mom and dad for that one.

They met in high school doing—what else?—the school play which just so happened to be Romeo and Juliet. Mom was Juliet and Dad was the lighting tech. They didn’t talk to each other at all until the dress rehearsal. They just were in different circles, that sort of thing. Anyway Mom had a question about the lighting—how much she needed, will it make her face look shiny, yadda yadda yadda—and Dad calmly told her that the light wouldn’t ruin her beautiful face. They started talking, lost touch after graduation, ran into each other when Mom visited home from college annnnnd INSTA SPARKS!

They got married, moved to L.A. for Mom’s job (she’s a hairdresser), Dad got a job as well (he’s a head chef at a popular restaurant, can you say FREE FOOD?) had my older sisters (Samantha, Isabella, Charlie, and Spencer) and then they had me, Juliette V. Covington.

Let me explain the name, Diary.

I was named Juliette after Juliet Capulet of course. They had to honor “the lost soul that brought them together”. Barf-o-rama. Their words, not mine. My middle name, Venice, is because they went to Italy on their honeymoon. It sounds really cool; I want to go there one day. I’ll add it to my Bucket List.

So, of course having a name like that I got teased in high school all the time. By the time I got to college I got tired of it so I just went by plain-ol’ Julie. But everyone else at UCLA gave me a more…colorful name.

They called me Skittles.

No, it wasn’t an insult; I actually learned to love the name.

I was called Skittles by my roommate, Loraine (aka Lolo) because I experimented with hair-dye. A LOT. My favorite and most-common look was a candy-apple red with bright orange bangs. My two favorite Skittles actually, haha!

So, after that introduction I need to get to the important news of my life, and, what I’m sure I’ll be talking to you about the most.

Ok, are you ready for it, Diary?

I, Juliette Venice Covington, officially start working on *NSYNC’S NO STRINGS ATTACHED TOUR WHICH KICKS OFF IN A MONTH!

(Insert fangirl scream here).

Yup, hours slaving away in UCLA’s theatre department finally paid off. I’m the head costume designer for the guys which means I get to travel around with them making sure their clothes fit right and such. That’s right bitches, be jealous. XP

How’d I get the job?

Through my mom, actually. She cut Johnny’s hair a few weeks ago (not knowing who he was. Come on Mother!) and bragged about me like she always does and the next thing I knew I had a meeting with him and then got offered the job of creating their costumes for their tour! Isn’t this cool or what?

I’ve only met the guys a few times, Diary, to get their measurements and this is what I have so far:

Justin = The baby (and it shows) but he’s cool, entertaining, hot and smooth (“like buttah” as he says)
Lance
= The business man. Quiet and kind of reserved. Is pals with Joey. (The adorable baby-faced one)
JC
= Quiet and mysterious (in a sexy way). Has that amazing voice that turns me into goo. Kick-ass blue eyes
Joey
= The incredibly gorgeous (and flirtatious) Italian. Let’s just say he knows all the right things to say to a woman.
Chris
= The handsome and crazy one. Is very spontaneous and loves to play tricks. Note to self: Don’t stand in the same room with him alone.

Hell, I wouldn’t mind being alone in a room with ANY of ‘em. Hey, don’t look at me like that, Diary. I’m 21, I have needs! And it just so happens I get to tour around with THE hottest five guys on the planet.

This tour shall be fun.

Until next time, Diary.

Juliette ‘I’m-on-fucking-cloud-nine!’ Covington

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'm kinda scared but excited writing a story in this format. It's a new challenge for me which should be fun.
As always, please review. I'd really like to know your opinions with this one.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: nsasync tour jc justin joey chris lance