Story Notes:
Part 1 of 'Trivial Time's series.
*Re-editing soon* These were originally written and posted without much thought. All stories I have written/cowritten are going to be edited and posted, marked *EDITED*.
Author's Chapter Notes:
*EDITED*

Jazzy is a nickname since as far back as I can remember. My mom works for the IRS and they want her to work in the Orlando, Florida office. She broke the news to me over a shopping spree. I love Dots. It's a fairly cheap clothes store for girls in Leominster. I'm almost 13 years old. I'd rather be out playing tackle football with my guy friends or dancing to songs with my girlfriends. I have two girls who I call my BFFE and sisters-Sherri and Dawn. BFFE means Best Friends ForEver. Sherri and I have known each other since we were babies. She's almost 9 months older than me. Dawn is younger by 4 years. She's just gone into 4th grade. Sher and I started 8th. Whoo! NOT! I love school, but my attention span says otherwise. I have ADHD, an attention hyperactivity disorder and NO I don't take meds for that. My mom has dealt with it this long without them, so why start? Dancing with my girls has always helped me focus. That's my reward when I'm done with homework. Until I leave for Orlando. SHIT!

My mom takes me shopping and doesn't even care about the money she's blowing. Something's up. I'm not dumb. I'm actually a straight A student right now, have been since first grade. Yeah, I'm kinda braggin'. She drops over $450 at Dots and tells me, nonchalantly, that we have to move to Orlando for her job. She corrects peoples' taxes for the IRS. She looks at me in the 1986 Ford Mustang we have and bites the inside of her bottom lip. "Jazzy, we have to move to Orlando."

"Funny, Ma." I laugh, hoping she's joking. She doesn't laugh. 'Fuck, Jazz. Smooth move, ex lax!'

"No, Jazz, we're moving. We drive down there starting the 26th, just after Christmas."

"Ma, you're not funny. I'm not leaving my friends."
"You can make new ones in Florida."

"Are you outta ya mind, Ma?"

"Samantha Marilyn Charpentier!"

I shrug. "What?"

"Look, I have until January 5th to move there or get demoted."
"What's in it for you?"
"A raise. I'll be getting $17 an hour if we move down there."
"We just had Thanksgiving and you just now tell me about the move that you've probably known about since, what, June?" She ALWAYS does this.

"Well, it's either that or I drop to $10 an hour."

I think about it. "Fine. Can Sherri and Dawn stay over on the weekends and help me pack?"

"As long as Terry and Debbie are fine with it." Terry is Dawn's mom and Debbie is Sherri's.

"I wanna call them. Let's go home." We say nothing to each other the whole drive home. I'm fuming fucking mad. I grab my new clothes and throw them on the stairs to my room and take the cordless upstairs to put everything I just got away. I call my guy friends and they say that sucks. They also say the good part is I won't have to deal with snow anymore. How I hate that shit. I call Sherri and she three ways Dawn in. "We have a dilemma."

Only thing Dawn can say is "Uh-oh."

Sherri asks the question to get the bad news out in the open. "What's the huge issue now, Jazz?"

"Ma and I have to move to Orlando, Florida. We leave the day after Christmas. A boring 4 day drive."

"WHAT???????" I knew they wouldn't think I was being melo-fucking-dramatic when I told them. They're shouting questions. "So, I'mma need y'alls help packing my shit in the next 3 or 4 weekends.

Sherri speaks up first. "I know my mom won't care if I stay with you until a couple days before Christmas. See if your mom would mind."

I run down the stairs. "MAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" I have an awesome set of lungs, considering that I can dance for what seems like forever. Ok, maybe not forever, but it does feel like it and I love it. 

"What, Jazz?"

"Can Sher stay over till Debbie needs her to go home for Christmas?"

She sighs. "As long as some packing gets done everyday and you both HAVE to go to SCHOOL EVERYDAY. Am I clear?"

"Crystal." I run up the stairs. I hear Sherri ask her mom on the other line and get her mom's ok. "We clear?"

"Yeah. Dawn can you see if your mom would let you stay over Jazzy's?"

"She told me only on the weekends."

Sherri and I groan. Dawn follows ALL the rules, a wicked goody two shoes. Yeah, Massachusians say 'wicked', got a problem?

"Hey, Sher, can you get over here tonight?"

"My mom is bringing me over after dinner."

I hear my mom at the bottom of my bedroom stairs. My room is a two part attic and Ma practically has the whole downstairs to herself-a bedroom, living room and bath room. We also have a large deck/balcony for a back porch and a good size lawn. Fits about 15 pre-teens and teens to dance with a little space to spare. "JAZZY!"

"Yeah, Ma?"

"Come eat."

"What is it?"

"Mac and cheese. Welfare style." Ok, it's just tuna and a veggie tossed in. We just call it that cuz it's one of the cheapest meals we can make.

I sigh. "See ya soon, Sher. Dawn, I'll see you Friday after school. Let your mom know."

"Ok." Both say it and hang up.

I go eat dinner and start packing when Sherri gets there. The next month flies by before we realize it. I look at my agenda. 'WTF? It's the 22nd. Three days till Christmas and four till we leave state.'

I go through the next few days alone, making sure to call my girlfriends everyday. We pack our duffle bags in the 1986 white Ford Mustang. It has red leather interior and T-tops. I love this car cuz I picked it out for Ma this past summer. The rest of it was already on its way down to the place Ma got in Florida, via movers. I sleep most of the way there cuz she lets me have my tape player. She also let me get all the teen magazines I wanted. I look through them and come across an article about the Backstreet Boys and Lou Pearlman. Something about them coming back to the States and another boyband called *NSYNC that would be coming back within a year after that. I didn't finish reading it cuz I was more interested in Erik Von Detten's picture. He's cute. I look back at the pictures of *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys. The blonde one from Backstreet Boys looks kinda like Erik, but kinda looks like me. 'Hunh. It'd be funny if we were related. NAH!' 

*** 

We cross into Orlando and my mom wakes me up. "Jazzy. We're in Orlando. Look, palm trees."

I roll my eyes. Not only were we a day later than we wanted to be, but she was excited about palm trees? I look out the window and shake my head. We pull up next to a nice house. "Is that ours?"

"Yes. I saved most of our taxes and put a down payment on the house."

"Do I have my own floor again?" My eyes get big and kinda bug out.

"Yes, with your own bathroom too."

"SWEEEEETTTT!!!" I tear ass outta the car and motion for her to toss me the keys. She tosses em after she got the trunk unlocked. I get the house unlocked and rush upstairs to my floor. I look in the bed room and bathroom that are ALL MINE. "Fuck. I have no friends to share it with." I sit at the top of the stairs, put my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I see two boys I remember from somewhere. I race out to the car to grab my bag. I trip as I run off the grass, my shoe got caught on the edge of the driveway.

If it wasn't for the dark haired and blue eyed boy catching me inches before landing  on my face, I would have face planted. "Easy there. Excited to be living in Orlando?"

"No. You two look familiar. Thanks for saving me from a wicked face plant."

They laugh and the blonde boy looks at me, holding his hand out. "I'm Justin and this is JC. Maybe you're thinking of the Mickey Mouse Club?"

I think, shaking their hands. "Maybe. Are you busy? You could come hang out with me as I unpack the little bit I have."

Justin and JC look at each other. "Can we use your phone to call our moms?"

"I'm not sure we have one. Come inside and I can ask my mom." They shrug and follow me in.

JC is curious. "Um, you never told us your name."

"My name's Samantha Charpentier, but everyone calls me Jazzy. MA!"

"In my room."

"We got a phone?"

"Yeah." She looks up from her suitcase. "Who are your friends?"

"Oh. Justin and JC."

"What's your real name, JC?"

He looks at her. "Joshua."

"Hi, Justin and Josh. It's at the bottom of the stairs and it's cordless."

"That's my mom, Vikki."

"Thank you, Miss Vikki."

"Thanks, Mrs. Charpentier."

We grab the phone and sit at the top of the stairs. JC calls his mom first. "Mom, can I stay over a new friend's house? Curfew? A girl. Jazzy. I will call before I leave her house. Justin is with me. He's calling his mom after we hang up. Love you, too, mom."

He hangs up and hands the phone to Justin. He dials his house number. "Momma, may I please stay over my new friend, Jazzy's? Josh is here."

"Hi, Mrs. Harless."

"No, we're not alone." He looks at me. "She wants to talk to your mom."

I walk halfway down the stairs. "Ma?"

"What, Jazz? I have to unpack."

"Justin's mom, she wants to talk to you."

"Have Justin bring me the cordless."

I run back up to the boys. "Ma says bring it down to her, Justin."

He nods and does so. I hear her talking to Mrs. Harless. Justin hangs up the cordless on the charger and runs up the stairs, taking them two and three at a time. "Momma says it's ok as long as JC is here."

"Sweet. Would you mind coming up and helping me unpack?"

I do most of the unpacking. JC is looking through some of the boxes. "So, Jazzy, where are you from?"

"Fitchburg, Massachusetts."

"How old are you?"

"I turn 14 in 11 days."

Justin blushes. I turn around cuz JC is laughing his ass off. Justin throws a stuffed animal at JC. "Shut up, man!"

"You have a crush on her."

"I DO NOT!"

I step between them. "So what if he has a crush on me? I have a crush on you."
JC stops laughing. "Really?"

I cross my arms in front of me. "Four years running, almost five."

"And you have the balls to tell me?"

"Well, yeah." I look down.

He hugs me. "That's cute."

I push him away. "I don't do cute, adorable, or pretty. Nice, sweet and beautiful I do." I put my hands on my hips.

"Just so you know, you're almost 7 years younger than I am. Nothing beyond friendship or 'brother' will ever happen. I have a five year rule." I flip him off and smirk. "Are you supposed to do that?"

I nod and look at Justin. He looks at me with wide eyes, like he's never told a tiny lie in his life. I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Anyways-"

"Anyway." JC corrected me.

"Anyway, wanna know something else?"

Justin smiles. "Sure. Got a boyfriend?"

"No, I can date but I haven't liked anyone enough. Most of the guys I know are so wicked immature."

JC is getting annoyed by my grammar. "What does 'wicked' mean?"

"Depends on what context you use it."

"Like you just did."

"In that case it would mean 'so very immature'. The tone you use when you say it, tells if it's a good 'wicked' or a bad 'wicked'."

"Is that how people from Massachuetts talk?"

"No, just the kids I know from Fitchburg and Leominster."

"Did you just move to Orlando?"
"Yeah, today."

"We're only here till Friday and then we have to go with our friends to Germany for work."

"You guys work?"

"Yeah, we have a band and we had to go to Europe for our start. Record label's choice."

"Sucks. You from around here?"

"I'm originally from DC. Raised in Bowie, Maryland. Justin's from Memphis, Tennesee."

"When are your birthdays?"

"Mine is August 8 and his is January 31."

"January 10. That makes you a Leo and Justin an Aquarius. I'm a Capricorn." I dig through one of my boxes and find my daily journal. I open the front cover and grab a pen. "Can you guys write down your birthdays?"

"Sure." JC writes his down first and hands the pen to Justin. He jots down his birthday and slowly hands me back my pen and journal.

"Looks like you're about as unpacked as you're gonna get today."

We run down the stairs and I yell out to my mom. "Going to Justin and Josh's!"

"Call before you leave their house."

"I will. Just outta curiosity, if they ask, can I stay the night?"

"You start school on Monday. I guess so. You'll have to come back for clothes, though."

"Ok. See ya later." I groan as we run out the door.

We get a couple houses down. Justin grabs my wrist. "Why don't you respect your momma?"

"I respect her fine. She knows I love her and I always check in."

"That's not how we talk to our elders in Memphis."

"That's country and I've lived in the city almost my whole life. Got any best friends?" I change the subject cuz right then and there I didn't want a lecture from a kid who was only older by a year or two.  

Justin smiles. "Yeah, JC, Trace and a girl. You remind me of her."

JC smiles. "Best friends? Kace, Justin and that's about it. We have a few other friends, but three of them are like brothers. You're about to meet two of them."

Justin is smiling from ear to ear. "Do you have any best friends?"

"Yeah, two. Sherri and Dawn. The rest are just friends who are guys."

JC whips his head to look at me. "You're not very girly are you?"

'Of course fucking not, dipshit.' "I'm only wearing jeans, a tank top, a football jersey and sneakers cuz I'm a pageant queen." I roll my eyes. "I'm a tomboy, through and through, Mr. Obvious."

JC holds the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes for just a second. Before we realize it, Justin and I are talking about climbing trees and playing basketball. JC is groaning because of how fast Justin and I clicked. "Another kid to baby-sit when I go out."

We walk into the place JC and Justin share with Chris, Lance and Justin's mom. "Wow. Nice. So, uh, who stays here with you and do you have any family nearby?"

Justin smiles. "My mom stays with us, as well as Lance and Chris. Joey spends the night sometimes. One of my friends from home lives with us, but she's helping her dad right now."

"Cool. I should call my mom to let her know I got here fine. She probably wants to talk to your mom."

"Josh, do you have any family nearby?"

"Hmmm? Oh, yeah. My parents, brother and sister are across the road."

Chris comes running in. "She's gonna kill us if we didn't rehearse today."

JC shakes his head. "We did that this morning."

I put my hand out. "Hi, I'm Jazzy."

"Chris. We did? Guess I forgot."

They laugh and I try not to laugh. JC looks around. "Do you know where Lynn is?"

"Laundry room."

I follow JC and Justin to the laundry room. "Momma, this is Jazzy. Jazzy, this is my momma."

JC quickly elbows him. "Lynn, could Jazzy use the phone to let her mom know she got here safely?"

I get kinda quiet around parents. I don't know why. "Mrs. Harless, my mom might wanna talk to you just to make sure I got here just fine."

Lynn smiles. "That's alright by me." We head upstairs and I call my mom.

"Ma, I made it to Justin and Josh's."

"Is there an adult there?"

"Yes, Mrs. Harless."

"I would like to speak with her."

"Ok. Hold on." I walk over to Lynn and hand her the phone. "Ma wants to talk to you."

"It's alright. Thank you. Hello. Yes, Mrs. Charpentier. She can if she would like to. It's no problem at all." I sit at the kitchen table facing her. "I would be more than happy to bring her over to pick up some clothes after dinner. We have plenty. Oh, well, we actually have to leave Friday and will be gone for awhile. Maybe we can arrange something so they can keep in contact. I'm sure we can come up with something. We will be by around 7:30. Thank you." She hangs up and looks at me. "Go play with the boys. I'll call you and the boys when dinner is done."

"Thank you, Mrs. Harless. Do you know where they went?"

"Probably in the back yard." She points toward the laundry room and I remember there was a door.

'Must be the back door.' I go outside and see they have a trampoline. Chris and Justin are play fighting. Every time one pretends to hit the other, they fall back on the trampoline. JC is doing flips and handsprings. I watch for a few minutes, laughing at Chris and Justin. I keep glancing at JC, wanting to learn to do those things. "Is there room for one more person?"

Chris stops goofing off with Justin and reaches out for my hands. "There's almost always room for one more." He helps me up on the trampoline. "You're a shrimp."

"I have a height deficiency. My mom says I'm vertically challenged."

Justin smiles. "She's not much taller. You're both shorter than me."

Chris turns to face Justin, in a play fighting position which mimicked the Stooges. I shake my head and start to jump over to JC, not wanting to have one of the other two falling on me. "Hey, can you show me how to do a handspring?"

He looks at me (I'm shorter than he is by almost a foot). "Uh, sure. Handsprings are easier." He shows me a couple times before he helps me do a few. "You learn quickly."

"Thanks."

"Let's try to do a handspring at the same time." I nod. "On three. One, two, three." We do the handspring and land on our feet. "Wow. What did you do for fun back home?"

"Dance for fun with my best friends. I played tackle football, soccer and basketball with my guy friends."

"Why'd you move here?"

"My mom works for the IRS and they said if she got down here, to the Orlando office, she'd get a pay raise."

"You'll make more friends than us. It's not so bad."

"There's always hope."

"At least you try to look on the better side of things."

"I don't have to worry about snow days and snow related problems anymore. Sunny days. New friends will help me feel better."

He laughs. "Especially if you're hanging out with us."

I look at the three of them. I remember them saying something about someone named Lance. "Who's this Lance kid?"

JC does a flip and looks at me after landing. "Lance is a friend of ours and he stays here with us. He's probably reading a book in the living room."

"Oh. Where's he from?"

"Mississippi."

"That's cool. I guess that means you're the only one who remembers snow days."

He smiles. "Other than Joey, yeah. I miss my friends back home, but it's what comes with the territory."

"Does it get easier? I mean, does the hurt from missing your friends go away at all?"

"It gets a bit easier as time goes on. Just focus on the here and now."

"Yeah, I can just call them later on and tell them how miserable I am when I'm not hanging out with you, Justin and, um, what's his name again?" I nod toward Chris.

"Chris." He chuckles.

"JC, can I talk to you?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"I mean sit down and talk to you? I need you to give me your honest opinion."

"Sure." He bounces one more time before doing a back flip off the trampoline. "I'll help you get down." He holds his hands out. I look at his hands as I slide to the edge. "I won't bite." We walk across the yard and sit in the grass. "What's on your mind, Jazz?"

"Well, I was wondering how you coped with the move here."

"I made new friends and kept in touch with my friends back in Bowie and DC."

"Wasn't it hard to, uh, do all that and deal with school?"

"Yeah, and on top of that, I was on the Mickey Mouse Show. I was busy all the time. Still am. Somehow I balance all of it."

"You're probably organized."

"Living with Justin and Chris can drive me crazy."

"I think it'd be kinda fun."

He looks at me like I'm insane. "Andi would kill us."

"Who's that?"

"Um, Justin's friend."

"Oh. He must be pretty cool."

"She is cool. Until someone sets her off."

"Oh, Andi is a girl? I'm sorry."

"You didn't know."

"Hey! J, did you guys rehearse at all?"

Justin jumps off the trampoline and hugs this girl that's about my size and beautiful strawberry blonde hair. She looks like she's a cool girl. "Andrealynni!"

I look at JC. "Andrealynni?"

JC smiles. "Yeah, Andi."

"Oh."

She walks over to JC and I. "Who's your girlfriend?"

JC snaps his head up. "She's not my girlfriend. Her name's Jazzy. Jazzy, this is Andi."

I look up and am captivated by her eyes, they are the most beautiful shade of green-mahogany I've ever seen. I have blue eyes, but her eyes are very rare. "Hi, Andi."

"Hi. How do you know JC?"

"I just moved in down the road. About a block from here. They were passing by my new place and I asked if they wanted to hang out."

"Who else do you know?"

"Justin was with him and I met Chris after I came here."

She slowly blinks. I have no idea what to expect. She looks at JC for a split second before grabbing his wrist, pulling him away and saying something that sounded like 'I have to tallk to you'. I can hear some of what they're saying. I can hear the anger and irratation in her voice and the defensiveness in his. She motions to me. "JC, come on, you know you need to focus. Keep your head in the game." She seems to be overly cautious.

"What is that supposed to mean, Andi?"

"Girls shouldn't be the first thing on your mind."
"Whoa! She's thirteen. Not happening. I'm just getting to know her."

"JC, thirteen? J and I turn 15 this year."

"I know this. I'm not trying to be with her."

She sighs and waves him off. He sits next to me. "Sorry about that."
"It's ok. She's just looking out for you."

"That's Andi. Justin's best friend since they were two."

I go to say that they seem so close, when Lynn calls us in for dinner. I get up and follow JC inside. I look down for a split second and I walk into someone. I see sneakers, basketball shorts, a t-shirt (green), a nice smile blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. His voice is pretty deep, but not too deep. "I'm sorry, Lynn told me to make sure you and JC were coming in."
I look down and blush, smiling. "Yeah, we're, uh, coming in." I left my hair down. I see it fall to cover my face.

JC quietly laughs. "Jazzy, this is Lance."

"What's her name again, JC?"

"Ask her."

I step to the side as Lance guides me out of JC's way. He puts his hand on the side of my face, gently. He makes me look him in the eye. "What's your name? JC said it too fast for me to catch it."

"Jazzy."

"That can't be your real name."

"My real name is Samantha. Nobody calls me anything but Jazzy."

"Just like everyone calls her," Lance motions to Andi, "Andi."

I nod. "Yeah."

"How'd you get that nickname?"

"Well, my friends and I have call dancing 'jazzing'. Ever since I could cruise furniture, I've been known to 'jazz' out to the music. My friend, Sherri's, older sister gave me the nickname before I was a year old." I realize I'm rambling and stop, looking down again.

"Lance, Have her sit between you and JC."

"Ok." He gently takes my hand and guides me to the seat she was talking about.

Andi and Justin start whispering back and forth. JC clears his throat. They stop whispering. Andi starts to smile. "So, Jazzy, do you like any of the boys?"

"JC is nice and he's sweet. Justin is just fun to be around. Chris is a wicked ball of energy. Lan-Lance has nice eyes." I blush and look away.

JC sees this as an opening cuz I turned my face toward him. "You like Lance?"

"What? Uh, um, no?"

He looks at Andi and Justin, nodding with a small smirk on his face. Chris laughs. "If I was blind, Jazzy, I wouldn't know what a little crush looks like."

JC looks at him. "No, little crush is what she has for me. She has a huge crush on Lance."

I glare at Chris and JC. Chris smiles. "After four sisters, you don't scare me." He pulls one of his bottom eyelids down and sticks out his tongue.

JC smiles. "I have a little sister. Doesn't work on me, unless it's Andi. She has a mean death glare."

Lynn steps in. "Boys, stop picking on her."

Andi smiles. "Yeah, boys. Before you scare her off."

Lance speaks up. "She just met us all today. We should be nice and get to know her."

Lynn remembers something. "Jazzy, would you like to spend the night tonight?"

"Yes, please."

JC whips his head in my direction. "You have manners."

"Yeah, I do."

"You seem to be pretty red in the face."

"You seem to be getting on my last nerve." I give him a sweet smile.

Lynn is tired of hearing them pick on me. "Next one of you to pick on her, gives her your bed."

Andi and JC groan. Lance clears his throat. I look at him, knowing my face is bright red. "I'm sorry for Andi and JC picking on you. I can let you have my bed."

"It's ok. Thanks, though. What's... What's your real name?"

"Huh?"

"I told you my real name. What's yours?"

"James."

"I like that name. Can't stand mine."

"I saw you when you came in with JC and Justin. I was wondering who you are."

"Now you know." I take a big bite of the Shepard's Pie and chew slowly while listening to how quiet it is.

"Um, just out of curiosity, how old are you?"

"I'll be 14 in 11 days. You?"

"I'll be 17 in May."

"Taurus."

"You know your astrology signs?"

"Yes. I'm a Capricorn, JC is a Leo, and Justin is an Aquarius."

"Chris's birthday is October 17."

"I'm pretty sure that makes him a Libra."
"Joey's birthday is January 28, what's he?"

"He's an Aquarius, like Justin."

Obviously when Just hears somebody say the phrase 'like Justin', he hears it. "What about being like me?"

I look at him as I grab my glass of water. "Joey's an Aquarius like you are."

"Oh." He returns to the discussion between him, Andi and JC.

"Lance, can I call you James?"

"Only if I can call you Sam."
I put my hand out to shake on the deal and we shake hands. "Deal." I smile and blush. We finish dinner. Chris and Andi put the left overs away. I washed the dishes, Lance dried them, JC put them away, and Justin cleared and wiped down the table.

"You know, I enjoy your company. I wouldn't be so interested in you, if I wasn't."

"I kinda figured. I enjoy your company too."

Justin's getting anxious. "C'mon, Lance. Me and momma have to bring her home to grab some clothes. We're coming right back."

I smile at Lance. "We'll be right back, James." I get into Lynn's car and we pull away.

Lynn takes this opportunity to ask me how I feel about Lance. "Jazzy, do you like Lance?"

"He's sweet, intelligent and I love his eyes."

"I know there's more than that."
"His voice is soothing. I love his accent. I think I do, yeah."

Justin had to remind me he was in the back seat. "You have a crush on Lance?"

"I'm not answering that. Not for you."

"You answered it for momma!"

"She's a girl."

"So? I didn't hear your answer."

"Good. Maybe you won't be able to blab about it. Justin, you're a cool guy-"

"I feel a 'but' coming on."

"But, you're better as a friend."

We pull up to my house and I dash in ahead of Justin, who's hot on my heels, and Lynn. Lynn calmly walks up to my mom and Justin follows me up the stairs to my room. I have my bag half put together when I hear him shut my door. "Here's the deal-you tell me if you have a crush on Lance and why, I'll let you get your bag ready to go alone. I'll wait at the top of the stairs."

I look at the ceiling, frustrated. "No way Jose."

"C'mon, just tell me if you like him."

"I like all of you, even Andi, cuz you're all so unique."

"Really, I just wanna know if you have a huge crush on him."

"If I told you who I have a wicked crush on, will you keep your end of the deal and drop it?"

"Yes."

I whisper in his ear. "Now, you have to keep your end of the bargain and drop it."

He's surprised. "Why him?"

"Cuz I just do. Now, you keep your end of it."

"But-"
"Eh!"

He sighs and goes to sit at the top of the stairs and I close my door. I laugh to myself. "He's never gonna meet him." I finish packing my clothes, journal and music for the rest of the week. I planned on staying till friday morning because they didn't have to head out till late morning, I think. Lynn said JC would drop me off on the way to the airport. I head downstairs and Justin foollows me. I give my mom a hug. "I will call you tomorrow after dinner. I'll be home Friday. And I love you."

"I love you too." She hands me a key and I look at her. "House key. Here's a ten dollar advancement on your allowance so you can get a few keychains." She hands me a ten dollar bill. "Go have fun with your new friends and call me tomorrow." She guides me over to Lynn. "Be good and don't get in trouble. Lynn, feel free to call me if she gets out of line."

Lynn smiles at me. "I'm sure she'll behave for me. If she doesn't, I can always let Andi have her study with the boys."

"Works for me."

I look back and forth between Ma, Lynn and Justin. Justin was rolling his eyes and groaning while both of our moms were smiling. Lynn leads us out the car while Justin and I lag behind. "What's so bad about rehearsing with you guys and Andi in charge?"

"You'll see tomorrow. Momma says you're going with us to the warehouse."

I shrug and get in the car, making sure to buckle up. We drive back to their house. JC, Chris and Lance are in the living room. JC decides to groan at the sight of me. "Am I the her keeper tomorrow, Lynn?"

"Only while you're out and about."

I have my bag crossing my body and cross my arms over my chest. "What do you have against me, Josh?"

"Now I'm Josh to you?"

"Yeah, only cuz you're being a butt head."

"I don't like being peoples' or kids' keepers."

"Oh, well, cuz I'm here till you drop me off on the way to the airport Friday."

I see Lance pump a fist in the air behind JC as he puts his head in his hands. "Why? Don't you have school?"
"Not till Monday."

"Maybe Andi can have you rehearse with us."

"I don't see what's so bad about that."

JC looks near the living room door, wondering who he's looking at, and Andi looks around the corner at me with an evil smile on her face. I hear Justin groan again. "Now you're gonna be tortured."

Andi nods. "Another person to teach." She turns back around and Lance jumps up, coming straight for me.

Lance smiles at me. "You can have my bed and I'll stay on the extra mattress out here."

I hear Lynn behind me. "That's very sweet of you, Lance."

"Thank you. She is a lady."

I hear mumbled conversation and comments coming from the living room. "Someone disagrees in there."
"They always have to disagree about something."

We get near Lynn and she stops us. "Lance, you won't try anything right?"

"No, I won't."
"You can sleep in that room with her if you'd like. On the extra bed."

"Ok. Thanks. This way, Sam."

He leads me to his room. "James, why doesn't JC like me?"

"He's kinda like our dad, keeps us in check and probably views you as another person to keep in line. You can put your bag here. We usually battle over the bathroom in the morning. We have rehearsal tomorrow from 7 in the morning till Andi feels ready to let us go."

"How long could that be?"

"Considering that she's a perfectionist and sometimes we get on her nerves, it could be until dinner time tomorrow night."

I shrug. "I'm game."

Lance looks at me, confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"I can dance forever, if I had to."

"Really? That would be so cool if you did rehearse with us."
"For sure. I'll sit through a run through to see what I can pick up and then jump in."

Andi comes in the room. "Works for me. have you danced before?"

"I've danced on my own, with friends and it's all for fun and talent shows."

"What did you place?"

"In the talent shows, we were always in the top 5."

"Wow. How many did you actually win?"

"On average, the performances I was in, 5 outta 7 of all of them."

"You won most of them?"

"Yes, I have videos and papers and ribbons for them."

"How many did you do and since when?"

"I've done over 70 that I have gotten recognition for in just the past 3 1/2 years. I've done somewhere near 120 altogether and I did some alone and some with two of my best friends. I came up with most of the moves and I let my friends have their say on it."

She taps her chin with her finger and walks out of them room. I look at Lance. "What was that about?"

He shrugs. "I have no idea."

"Can I throw my bag by the window?"

"Sure. We should go in the living room before they start planning pranks."

"Alright," I say with a chuckle. I put my bag between his bed and the window. He wraps his arm around my waist and leads me back to the living room. We sit on the loveseat cuz that's all was available. Everyone kinda chuckles. "What's so funny?"

Andi smiles from her seat on the floor and everyone else looks at Chris, who shakes his head. "Oh, nothing. Justin told a joke and JC just caught it." He smiles at us.

I'm sitting with my back against Lance's side and he has his arm around me, his hand resting on my stomach. I smile and put my right hand on his, both of which were subconscious. I was just so comfortable around him. Lance and I start whispering back and forth about what they've seen in Europe, what they're gonna do, what they've already accomplished, and how different it really is there. He tells a few stories about each of them and I giggle every time because they're funny stories and he gets so animated about it. JC stands up. "I think we should get some sleep, we have to be up early." Everyone but Lance and I groan. Lance and I get up and head to his and Joey's room. JC grabs Lance's arm. "Whoa. What do you think you're doing?"

"Sharing a room with Jazzy."

"No way."

"Lynn said it was ok and she trusts us not to do anything. Joey's not here and I don't think he'd have an issue with me borrowing his bed."

JC doesn't look away from us. "Lynn!"

I see her come from the kitchen. "What do you need, JC?"

"Did you say that Lance and Jazzy could share the room?"

"Yes, I did. I trust that Lance will sleep in Joey's bed across the room from his own and Jazzy will sleep in Lance's bed. I trust that nothing will happen between them. I believe the worst that could happen is they fall asleep sitting up, like they sat on the couch. You know Lance respects girls."

JC is visibly agitated and scowls at us before walking away. We shrug it off and head into the room. Lance closes the door. "James, don't turn around, please."

"Changing?"

"Yes." I change into my pjs within a couple minutes. "All set. Do you need to change?"

"Nope. I got in a quick shower and got mine on while you got your stuff."

I really look at him. He has basketball type shorts and a men's tank top on. I nod. "Ok. I'm not really all that tired yet."

"We can sit up on my bed and talk."
"Can I sit in front of you?"

"Ohhhkaaaayyyy."

"Either that or balance your butt between the bed and wall so I can sit like we did on the couch."

"I think it's safer if you sat in front of me."

"That's why I said it." I smile.

He climbs on his bed and sits down, leaning his pillows against his headboard before sitting back. He holds his arms out and I sit in front of him. We start talking about the plans for the next few days before they leave for Germany. I glanced at the clock and I swear it said 11:27p.

Chapter End Notes:
I will be making this a series. I only own Jazzy, Andi, Sherri, Dawn, and Vikki. Everyone else owns themselves. I can be found on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook is Graim Thu Mo Ghra and Twitter is GraimThuMoGhra. Feel free to friend/follow me on there and message me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story