Author's Chapter Notes:

*EDITED*

I know I shouldn't be so worried, but I have to because it's what I do the best. I heard Jazzy and Nick talking a few minutes ago. "Jazzabee?" I hear Nick whisper. "Damn, she fell asleep on me. JC?"
I get up and walk to the door. "Nick."
"Could you help me get up?"
I smile. "Sure," I answer. "She's fallen asleep on everyone but Justin so far." 
"Is that a good thing?"
"I'd like to think so," I honestly tell him as I pick her up, holding her like a toddler. Her arms are at her sides and her head is on my shoulder. Her breathing is slow and steady, she snores lightly near my ear. "Pull the blankets down?"
"Yeah." Nick pulls them down, I lay her down and he pulls the blankets over her before I get the chance. "Would it be ok if I kiss her forehead?"
Seems like a harmless kiss to me. "Sure, only her forehead."
He bends down, kisses her forehead and bids her good night before he follows me into my hotel room. "Thanks for letting us see each other tonight and tomorrow."
"No problem. Just don't make me regret it. She's like my baby sister."
"I know the feeling, I have three little sisters and a baby brother."
"How old are they?"
"Bobbie is 14, Leslie's going on 13, and Aaron and Angel will be ten at the end of the year."
"You're how old again?"
"I just turned 16 a couple weeks ago."
I nod. "I know you think I'm an asshole, but I'm in charge of her while she's out here."
"I don't think that you are, you just worry about her. You care. I get it."
I guess you could say that a teenager has just boggled my mind. "Ok, here's the deal-don't expect anything more than friendship from her until this summer, just get to know her and become very good friends."
"I don't expect anything else until she's ready, if she ever wants to take it further."
"You're letting her lead?"
"Yes."
"I don't think that's wise."
"I told her we need to take the time to know each other like we know ourselves."
"So, you're not rushing her?"
"No. I mean, yeah, I really do like her and I do want to be with her, but she's got alot on her plate and needs to take life by the horns, take her time, enjoy it. I know I'm young, but she needs to take the time to see the finer details in her life."
"Good point. I think you should get some sleep, kid. You'll see her later on, it's almost one thirty."
Nick's eyes widen and he quietly laughs. "Doesn't feel like it's been that long. I better get some sleep or I'm dead. I'll pick her up around 7:30?"
"Sounds good, night."
"Night."
Nick turns to leave and I have something to remind him about. "Oh, Nick!"
"Yeah?"
"Keep in mind it's not a date."
"Right, she's just a friend that I'm hanging out with."
"That's right."
He waves and heads to his room, to get some sleep. I plan on doing the same. Soon after he leaves, I hear her start tossing and turning. I head into her room and sit by her bed with my hand on her back, rubbing away her bad dreams. She stays asleep. "JC, stay." She talks in her sleep.
I smile. "I'm right here, baby girl."
"Never leave me alone."
"I won't." She mumbles in her sleep and her body goes lax. Her breathing slows and evens out, proving she's asleep again. I get up and head to my bed, turning to make sure she's ok before laying down. She's had a pretty eventful and crazy past few days. I listen to her breathing to soothe my frayed nerves and worried mind.
Chapter End Notes:
Just to tell the rest of the night after landing, after Jazzy fell asleep. Lol.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story