Author's Chapter Notes:

*EDITED*

"Wake up, Jazz. Go for it. I've been trying to get her up for the past 45 minutes."
I hear feet coming across the floor pretty fucking fast, a few seconds of silence and someone lands on me. "Go hIfreann leat!"
JC cackles like the evil fucker he is, crouching to eye level as I toss the fucker that jumped on me. "Don't make me try to wake you up for 45 minutes and I wouldn't have Justin and Chris jump on you."
"You fucker."
"Morning to you too. Get your 16 hour sleeping teenage ass out of bed. We have to be at rehearsal in an hour and a half."
I close my eyes, sigh and open my eye to roll them at JC. I roll over on the bed and come face to face with Justin and Chris, side by side while squatting at the edge of the bed. "Damnú air!"
"You're talking in a language we don't understand."
"Thanks, captain obvious. It's Gaelic. My gramma taught me, now out of my room so I can get ready. By the way, where are we?"
"Madrid."
"Thanks," I reply with a smile. "Now, get out."
They leave, talking about pranks. I grab some clothes and get in the shower, wash up and get out. I put my clothes away and look around my hotel room, happy it's cleaner than Justin and Chris' room. Their hotel room always looks like a bomb was set off, one made of clothes. I have one word for their room-disaster. Here's a better one-warzone! I smile as JC comes around  the corner of the doorway. I didn't bother to close it while I showered and dressed because the bathroom door has a lock on it. "Time to head out. We're here till the end of the concert and then it's off to Munich."
"I thought it was Frankfurt?"
"We had them switched. We did that one a week and a half ago. Sydney is the day after next."
"Madrid today, Munich tomorrow and Sydney after that?"
"Yes. After that we have Paris. We're spending close to three days there."
"Really?"
"Yes, really. We get there in two nights after tonight, spend the first day sight seeing, perform the second night and you go home the morning after the show."
"What time is it?"
"Noon. We let you sleep till Justin got up and had his cereal. Then I spent 45 minutes trying to get your dead ass up."
"I'm tired like that, I can sleep for a day and a half straight and not even realize it."
"Then it's a good thing we have our rooms adjoining. We sleep in the hotel rooms after we land in the next two stops, like today, perform and hop a plane to our next destination. Have a problem with it?"
I shake my head. "Nope, it's your job and I'm just a tag a long for the wild and crazy ride."
"Just making sure."
"Plus, I can sleep backstage."
"Like last night, deadweight?"
I beam about it, "Yuppaz!"
He shakes his head smiling as we get in the elevator with the security team and the four other guys. They start talking about grabbing something on the way to rehearsal for breakfast. "Justin, you just ate!" Lance points out.
"Yeah, five hours ago!" 
I look at him like he's certifiably insane. "J, you ate like an hour ago and it's lunch time. I haven't eaten yet. In conclusion, I should be bitching that I'm hungry," I ramble off, for the simple fact that I wanted him to quit bitching like a chick on her rag.
His jaw drops open and using a finger, I push his lower jaw up so his mouth shuts. Lonnie puts his two cents in. "I vote we keep her for the remainder of the tour." Everyone but Justin laughs at that. 
We exit the hotel and I turn to face Justin. "Wanna know when I like you best?" He just glares at me. "When your mouth is full, shut or full."
"What about when I make you laugh?"
"That's an exception."
Justin remains quiet the rest of the ride to get something to eat and rehearsal. We eat and run through the set as many times as we can to help Lance get it down before Johnny and Lou show up. I freeze up. "Pretend they're not here." I stare at Lou, scared as hell. "Jazz, I need your help. Help me fix the moves. Focus on our feet," Lance tells me.
I shake my head and look at our feet without a word for a few minutes. "Lance, who's the other guy?"
"That's just Lou. He's funding all of it."
"Oh."
"Why?"
"I don't like the vibes he gives off."
"I don't either, but he's funding everything."
I pretend that Lou isn't there. I've gotten used to Johnny over the past few days and he's actually a nice guy. Before I know it, it's time for the guys to go to make up and wardrobe. Thank God, Lou left. Johnny pulls me aside and warns me to keep out of sight from Lou. "Will he be at any of the other stops?"
"Before you leave? No, he's going to be in and out of meetings. He's also going to be flying back and forth between Sweden and Germany."
"We go to Munich in two days."
"He's suppose to be in Stockholm for the next 3 days, then in Munich for 4 days after that."
"Would it be ok to borrow Derek until I board the flight home in Paris?"
"Sure. Get backstage," he says, gently pushing me to the side of the stage. I do as I'm told and begin to play 'Sonic 2', after eating a little bit of food.
I beat the game 15 minutes before they got done with their set, 15 minutes I spent upside down on the couch. Lance comes into the game room and looks at me. "You're going to be dizzy," he gently says, touching my ankle.
"Can I get a piggy back?"
"Because you're going to be too dizzy to walk to the van, then the gate, then to your seat?"
"And too tired."
He rolls his eyes, smiling as he agrees. I sit up as he crouches in front of the cushion I'm sitting on. I wrap my legs around his waist and drape my arms around his neck loosely. "All set?"
"Um, yeah."
He starts walking. "Are you going to be ok?"
"I have to keep my eyes closed cuz I'm so tired and my head is spinning like a gravitron ride, pairing itself with a raging migraine."
"How long were you sitting on the couch upside down?"
"14 minutes too long," I slowly answer his question. We get to the van and I lean on him, falling asleep on the way to the airport for the flight to Sydney, Australia. I can't keep my eyes open, so I don't bother even trying after hearing the flight attendants start their safety procedure speech.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story