I hate when I'm not supposed to say anything and have to choose. JC's sitting across the small lounge from me, Pixi stix in hand and asking about Jazz's secrets. The fact of the matter is, I don't want to betray her and I also don't like keeping things from JC. My hand covers my eyes and I drag it down my face to my chin as I think. She said not to breathe a word about her history with Lance. She also asked me to keep my mouth shut about her relationship with Justin. Damn, three months is a long time. "Tell me one of them or a clue at least," JC pleads.
"She and Lance have a LONG history, but they've never dated. Justin likes Jazz and she's not single anymore. She talks to her boyfriend everyday." I know I have to choose my words wisely, I can't just blurt out the specifics. I just gave him some information without giving him the easy answer.
He hands me the Pixi stix, they go in my pocket. "She's seeing someone?"
"Yes."
"Who?"
"Dude, I can't tell you anymore. I'd get my ass kicked by a fifteen year old girl! I'll pass on it." I high tail it out of there before I tell him everything.

"Whoa! What'd you do now, Psycho?"
"Chick, you need to tell JC."
"The time isn't right," she claims, her brows furrowing and tilting her head to the right.
"He just bribed me with candy for info."
"What for?"
"History with Scoop and Justin."
Oh, shit. Her eyes just changed to a deep midnight blue. She's going to kill C! I push her to the nearest wall by her shoulders. "Justin! Lance!"
"What, m-"
"She's going to kill C," I point out.

"Sin fucking phrioctha! Tá mé ag dul chun buille a asal! Cén fáth go bhfuil sé chomh damnaigh nosy? Tá sé suas go dtí Preab agus Scoop a insint dó! Cén fáth anois?!"
Justin gets right in her face, pinning her to the wall. I have no idea what he's whispering in her ear, only she can hear him. "Calm enough to cuddle and talk?" She nods. His hand goes down her arm to her hand, lacing their fingers and leads her to his bunk. That kid has some serious talent or skills with the ladies, especially when it comes to Jazz.
I shake my head to rid it of the thoughts, spotting Joey and Lance at the front of the bus. I flop down between them. "Guys, JC is snooping in her biz."
"I'll tell him my thing when I'm good and ready," Lance snaps.
"JC gives up in a few days, just don't tell him anymore," Joey tells us.
"He might be after you next," I warn Joey.
We sit back and relax. Lance and Joey are throwing Goldfish at each other, seeing if they can get them in the other's mouth after moving to the table. Justin and I used to do that all the time, we just have three people doing it now and it's funnier with Jazz. Sometimes she has us throw candies at her mouth and she makes some of the funniest faces.

"Joey, what are you doing?"
"Throwing Goldfish at Lance and trying to get them in his mouth, C."
"I can see that."
"What's on your focused mind?"
"Nothing."He turns back to the counter and grabs the notebook that's been there since earlier this morning, scurrying to his bunk or the back of the bus.
"He's determined, guys."
"Justin's going to be pissed if that's the notebook that he and Jazz write in every morning."
"I'm more concerned about her temper," Lance asserts, a Goldfish bouncing off his forehead.
"Why's that?" Joey questions.
"She speaks in Irish when she's pissed, the more she swears and screams in it, the closer to blacking out and striking out she is. That's why I let Justin handle her just now. He's better at calming her down than me, which is sad. Considering the history, I should know how to calm her down like he can. She's my best friend."
"Two years can change alot, Lance," Joey reminds him.
"Joey has a point-you didn't see or hang with her for two years, dude."
"True, but you have to see it from my point-she's been my best friend for eight years."
"She was in first or second grade?"
"Second and yeah, that long. I was ten when I met Darren and I'm 18 now. It's been a long time."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story