Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy ;)

<3

5 months later-> October

The weeks leading up to the tour had been long ones for Liz. NSYNC was constantly in and out of the dance studio, in and out of Lou’s office, in and out of meet and greets and in and out of television and radio stations promoting the tour. Their singles had hit the radio and the record was maintaining its hold on the Top 5 spot on the charts. Disney was constantly replaying the concert due to so much fan mail asking them to show it over and over again. Due to his demanding schedule, Liz and JC saw each other much less than before but they spoke often, usually settling to hours on the phone in the middle of the night filling in the other on what was new or exciting in the other’s life usually until one of them fell asleep when the conversation died down. The day before NSYNC had officially hit the road, JC and Liz had spent the day together at her house just watching TV on the couch, Liz trying to teach JC how to turn on and work an oven, and JC teaching Liz how to maintain balance on the skateboard Emma kept around.  They both held back the three words they didn’t know the other longed for them to say so by the time nightfall had hit, they had spent the last fifteen minutes making out. When he left, Liz actually had to coach herself not to cry. She knew this was what she had signed up for when she and JC had gotten serious around each other.

The months NSYNC was on tour was slowly going by for Liz. NSYNC was becoming more and more famous and Liz and JC only talked when he was within cell phone range and whenever he had as much as five minutes to spare. The guys were in one town doing a show one night and by the time dawn broke, they were crossing the border to enter another state. They were able to meet up a few times by the grace of God when NSYNC had shows in Jacksonville so Liz and Emma were able to drive out to see them. Now, it had been 2 months since she had seen him last, and NSYNC was only 3 months into their tour. Thankfully, work was able to keep her busy and she would have been grateful for the distraction if JC wasn’t the considerate, sweet, caring person that he was.

“What’d he send you this time birthday girl?” Emma asked, a smile on her face as she leaned back against her desk and blew on the coffee cup she held.

Liz smiled and looked up from the stack of cards she held in her lap.

“Nothing yet, I think. I’m just going through the ones from before”

“Weird” Emma remarked.

Liz shrugged and then went back to reading over each word in his hand writing written on each piece lavender colored cardboard.

22nd of October of that year marked Liz’s golden birthday. For the past 21 days while he was still on the road, JC had been sending her little presents each day representing her favorite things with an attached card that all read the same thing.

“You may be out of my sight, but never out of my mind. Another favorite present for my favorite girl. Thinking of you!! - Josh”

From handmade jewelry to mini books full of quotes he knew she loved to little boxes of chocolate he also knew she loved to the bouquet of tulip flowers that he knew were her favorite. Of course, as sweet as it was, it only made her miss him more which really wasn’t helping the fact that he was somewhere else in another part of the country.

Now, strangely, on the day of her birthday, the most he had done was shoot her a text. No call, no card, no nothing. She tried not to think anything of it since she knew he had multiple shows and meet and greets to keep up with. Her birthday was probably not the number one thing on his mind right now.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go out tonight? It’s your birthday, we should celebrate!” Emma urged her friend as she took a seat in her office chair.

Liz shook her head. “I’m not in the ‘celebrating’ mood today”

“Just because he isn’t here?”

She smiled softly. “That’s a big part of it” she said quietly.

 “Don’t you want to go out and have some fun this year? You always want to stay home and do nothing but sleep or watch TV and the day just goes by and we celebrate nothing”

“Just the way I like it”

Emma scoffed at her response.

“You and I can go out for your birthday but I just want to stay in and see if he calls”

“So you’re going to stay at home all night to listen to your phone that may or may not ring”

“Well, when you put it like that…”

Emma threw up her hands in defeat. “Hey, if that’s what you want to do, then by all means go ahead”

“So you’re not mad I won’t go out and party with you?” she asked giggling

Emma shrugged. “I can’t get mad at you on your birthday, but tomorrow I’m not promising anything”

Liz laughed. “You know you love my boring self”

“I’m probably not the only one who loves you, you know” Emma winked

The smile on Liz’s face faded slightly. “Love’s a strong word Em”

“And the feelings that come along with it are even stronger”

Liz smiled and turned her head to face the wallpaper on her computer screen. It was the one of the two of them cuddled up on the couch watching re-runs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. with the lights dimmed. Emma had come downstairs and stood behind the couch and snapped the photo so that you only see JC’s arm wrapped around her and her head nestled on his shoulder under his neck. The light reflecting from the TV gave the photo enough light to see the couple in the midst of the darkness.

Liz sighed. “If his feelings were that strong then maybe he would have called, at least for my birthday” she mumbled.


After more pleading, nagging, and then some more begging, Emma was able to convince her friend to let her take her out to a nice dinner. Just the two of them to do some best friend bonding. With much reluctance, Liz had given in.

“If it’s my damn birthday, shouldn’t I have the right to stay home if I wanted to?” she muttered to herself as she held up a black strapless top and dark denim jeans in front of her body trying to see how well they went together in front of the mirror.

She nodded in approval to herself and pulled up the jeans. Seeing that they were extra tight, it took her a good 4 minutes before she was able to button it. Now tired, she slipped on the top that was cut like a dress as it ended around her mid thigh with a silver buckle strapped under her breasts. She ran a hand through her hair and glossed her lips before grabbing her phone and purse before taking off the light in her room.

“Em, you down here?” she yelled, walking down the stairs.

“I’m not ready yet!” her friend yelled out from the downstairs bathroom.

Liz sighed as she entered the kitchen and headed for the fridge for a bottle of water but was stopped short by the ringing of the phone.

“Lizzie can you get that” Emma yelled from the bathroom.

Liz sighed and closed the fridge door before walking over to the cordless receiver on the wall.

“Hello?” she asked with a sigh.

“Happy Birthday” a smiling voice greeted her, almost in a sing song tone.

Liz felt her heart skip a beat when she recognized the voice, a smile spreading across her face slowly.

“Josh?” she asked softly

“The one and only” he said with a chuckle.

She giggled. “I miss you so much right now”

“Aww, I miss you too Lizzie. How’s your birthday going so far?”

“It’s just like any other day to tell you the truth. I went to work, I’m tired, and now Emma’s dragging me out to some dinner I don’t even want to go to”

“Well why don’t you go out and have some fun. It is your birthday”

She shrugged and sighed. “I just kind of wish you were here, that’s all”

He smiled silently. “I take it you didn’t get my present” his voice suddenly soft.

She frowned. “Well, no not today. I didn’t even think you sent one”

“You didn’t think I didn’t get you anything, did you?”

She giggled. “I didn’t think you’d have time”

“I always make time for you”

She smiled. “Yea, you do”

“Go get your present” he told her

“Where is it? When did you send it?”

“I sent it a few hours ago and you’ll get it in five, four, three, two…”

He stopped counting and Liz was about to ask what the hell he was doing when she felt a two strong arms wrap around her torso.

“One” the voice whispered into her ear.

She almost dropped the phone and almost jumped out her skin at that point until she whipped around to come face to face with the person.

“Happy Birthday baby” he told her, a grin on his face

“Josh!” she screeched, jumping to hug him.

He laughed. “Hello to you too” he said, his arms wrapped tightly around her not wanting to let go.

“You’re here” she said so quietly it was almost a whisper. “How?”

He put her down but kept his hold around her waist. “I wasn’t going to miss spending your birthday night with you”

A few tears formed in her eyes for whatever reason and she threw her arms around him again. “I missed you, a lot”

He smiled. “I missed you too Liz”

A bright flash interrupted the couple, and Emma just giggled looking down at the digital camera she held.

“One for the books” she said with a grin.

“You betcha” JC nodded

“You guys planned this?!” Liz asked, looking back and forth at her two companions

Both nodded.

“JC’s the mastermind though” Emma included. “I was just the one who was supposed make you miserable on your birthday without him being here”

Liz giggled and walked over to her. “Thank you” she said, pulling her in for a hug.

“Happy Birthday Lizzie” Emma replied, squeezing her friend.

“So you made me get all dressed up for nothing?” Liz asked, studying the loose blue t-shirt and shorts her friend wore.

“Actually, you’re going to dinner” Emma replied

“With me” JC said, coming to stand next to her, lacing her fingers with his.

Liz grinned, squeezing his hand. “But then I’m leaving you home alone” Liz said regretfully to Emma

“Actually…” JC said, his voice trailing off looking to his left.

Liz turned her head to see what he was looking at. Surrounding the open fridge, were four people holding sodas and various sandwich items with goofy grins on their faces.

“Hi Lizzie” they said casually

She laughed. “I can’t believe you all got here! Don’t you have a show tonight?”

JC shook his head. “We’ve got to be in South Carolina by tomorrow ‘cause we’ve got a couple shows but I specifically put in this date as one of our free days when the tour started so I wasn’t worried”

“You’re the best you know that?” she told him, looking up with a smile

He smiled and pulled her in for a kiss that lasted long enough for Emma to snap another picture. Liz blushed, pulling away.

“You can leave now” Justin said through a mouthful of food.

JC sighed and then turned to Emma. “In advance, I apologize for the four of them”

Emma laughed. “I think I could handle them”

JC gave a sarcastic laugh. “Oh really? A bag of fleas in easier to handle than our dear Chris Kirkpatrick over there”

“Just get out of here!” Chris yelled out overhearing JC.

Liz laughed. “You sure Em?”

“Positive” Emma nodded. “JC, have her back by 11”

Liz rolled her eyes and walked toward the door.

“Yes ma’am” JC nodded with a smile.

In the car driving

“So you liked your surprise?” JC asked her with a knowing smile

“Josh, you have no idea”

He brought her hand up to his mouth and planted a kiss causing her cheeks to turn a light pink.

“I’m glad you liked it babe” he said softly

“Where’re we going?” she asked.

“A stroll in Winter Park. You and me” he winked

“No dinner?” she asked

“What’d you think that basket in the back there is for?” he said looking in the rearview mirror at the basket sitting still on the backseat.

Liz grinned and leaned over in her seat to kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you so much for this”

“Stop thanking me already” he chuckled. “I’m glad just being here with you”

**

“It’s chilly out here” Liz said quietly, looking around the park.

“Here” JC said taking off his leather jacket and handing it her. “Put this on”

“But then you’ll be cold”

He shrugged. “So what? I got you to warm me up”

She giggled and slid her small arms through the sleeves.

They had finished eaten a while ago and now they were just sitting on the bench enjoying the quietness of the park and taking in the glow of the full moon above them. Liz was impressed with what JC had brought along, from the wine to croissants and fancy cheese to the strawberries and chocolate truffles. JC had done well.

“So you enjoyed your birthday night so far?” he asked her softly

“Mmhmm” she replied, her head resting on his shoulder. She loved the way it was practically a perfect fit.

“Ready for your present?”

She lifted her head to look up at him. “There’s more?”

“Of course” he said in a ‘Duh!’ kind of manner

“You really didn’t have to do anything else Josh”

“Too bad” he said with a smile, pulling out a long, dark red velvet box from behind him and presented it to her. “I hope you like it”

She smiled softly as she accepted the gift. Opening it, she let out a small gasp when seeing the sterling silver crafted necklace that featured an infinity pendant with shimmering black and silver stones all around the pendant.  The piece of jewelry boasted one genuine black diamond set among the black rhodium-plated pave pattern.

“Oh my- Josh, it’s beautiful!” she breathed

“Emma and Chris helped me pick it out” he said shyly. “I figured you’d like the black diamonds”

“I love it” she said tracing her finger around the piece of jewelry. “Thank you”

He smiled and kissed her cheek. “You’re welcome babe”

She grinned and gave him a long, deep kiss.

“What was that for?” he asked her when they pulled away

“For being the best guy I’ve ever met” she said softly, her face a mere centimeter away from his.

He smiled and kissed her forehead softly before gently bringing her back down to lay against his shoulder.

“This was a great night” she remarked with a smile

“Hey, the night’s still young”

“The moon is bright” she said with a giggle.

He smiled softly to himself. “And you are here with me tonight”

She smiled and gave a small sigh of contentment.

JC swallowed the tiny lump that had formed in his throat when he felt her breath against him.

“Lizzie?” he said, his voice barely audible

“Yea babe?”

He silently let out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding and looked up at the night sky.

“I love you” he said, his voice barely audible

Liz became stiff, not sure if she had heard right.

She slowly lifted her head off his shoulder and turned to stare into his sea-blue orbs.

“Josh I-”

Before she could finish her sentence JC swallowed her words, trapping her lower lip between him.

She pulled away slowly, both their heart beats rapidly increasing.

She leaned her forehead against his and stared into his eyes.

“I love you too Josh”

 
Chapter End Notes:

Finally!! LOL <3 Now that they're in love, the story can get interesting! ;) Thank you for reading! 

Review!! Review!! Review!! Review!!

:)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral love firsttime tour breakupjc boyfriendjc proposal marriedjc tourjc pregnant marriage