Author's Chapter Notes:

It's been a week since i've updated, but i gotta say, i have seriously been working on this story.. LOL I didn't want to post this chapter without Chp 10 but i'm still editing. This chapter is dedicated to my best friend, because she's the one who urged me to update when i was reluctant.. Thanks BestoFwendo..

Thank you everyone who has read and reviewed! :) This story get's good, i've already written ahead, but until then, enjoy! :))

“Well?” Justin asked, getting frustrated from the anxious waiting.

The other four guys stared on, anxious to hear what Lou was going to tell them.

“Well it’s not bad news” he said

“Is it good?” Lance asked

“It’s alright”

“Lou!” Chris said loudly. “Just give it to us already”

“Well, sales have been kind of… sluggish” He said, watching the expressions on the guys’ faces fall a little. “You can’t expect to sell a million copies in a day boys. It’s your debut album and America is just getting to know who you are. Give it some time. A little more promotion and we’ll get you guys on the charts”

“How much have we sold so far?” JC asked

“A few thousand” Lou said.

They guys groaned.

“So no one’s buying the album?” Joey questioned

“No, people are buying it, just not as much people as we would like.” Lou tried to assure them. “Look, we’ve gotten Tearin’ Up My Heart fantastic airplay, and…”

He smiled, and looked over to Johnny.

Johnny grinned and got out of the office chair he was sitting in to join the boys in the other side of the room.

“What?” Justin inquired

“Guess what group is going to be performing on the Disney special two weeks from today” Johnny said

That didn’t improve NSYNC’s moods.

“The Backstreet Boys. We know” Chris murmured

“Nope” Johnny said simply

The boys looked up confused.

“They cancelled” Lou put in. “You got the gig”

The guys practically jumped out of their pants in excitement.

“Are you serious?!” JC asked, not able to restrain his joy

“Two weeks. Once these people see what you have to offer, I guarantee you, things are going to change”

“Oh, man!” Lance said, falling back on the leather couch behind him, in relief. “So we aren’t just going to be some other one hit wonder?”

“Hell no” Lou said, chuckling

“You need to start rehearsing immediately though” Johnny pointed out. “We’ve brought in a new choreographer, who’s already got the dances to the tracks down”

“In between the rehearsals and preparation, you’re going to be taping some promos for Disney and we booked up some new photo shoots, so you’re going to be pretty busy”

“We don’t care” Lance said

“When do we start?” Justin asked

“We made up a schedule for you” Johnny said, handing them each a sheet of color coded paper. “The pink boxes are rehearsals, the blue boxes are the days for photo shoots, and the yellow boxes are the days you’ll be in the Disney studios shooting your promo commercials”

“What are the green boxes for?” JC asked

“Oh, those are your days off”

“There’s only like four green boxes on here!” he exclaimed “I like my sleep you know!”

Johnny and Lou shrugged.

“Oh! And the red box is the day before you’re scheduled to shoot the special, so you’ll be staying in a hotel a few minutes away from the stage” Lou said

“Sweet!” Joey said

“Are we going to get paid for this?” Chris asked

“You boys let me handle the finances” Lou assured them. “But to answer your question, yes you’ll be getting paid”

The guys cheered while the two older adults leaned back and laughed.

“You start tomorrow, bright and early. Here’s the address where we’ll meet you guys at the studio, so you can learn the dances” Johnny said handing Joey a slip of paper

“Man, I haven’t felt this good since with actually got the record deal!” Justin said, looking over Joey’s shoulder to see the piece of paper

”Save your excitement for tomorrow Justin, we’re going to need all the energy we’ve got” Lance pointed out

“He’s right guys. Tomorrow’s going to be intense and you’re going to get the feel of preparing for your first real concert. It isn’t just going to be some other performance, so I say you go home, get some rest, and we’ll see you in the morning” Johnny said.

“Do we need anything specific?” Chris asked

“Just some loose clothes, and yourselves. We’ll get the water and food for you”

A round of “Great” and “Awesome” went around in murmurs.

“Well you guys better get home, it’s still sun out you can go have fun in the pool or go out or whatever you feel like doing. Just get a good night’s sleep for tomorrow.” Lou said, opening the door to exit from the office. “See you guys at 9”

The boys thanked their managers and practically ran out to the car, bursting from excitement.

“Man, I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Justin said. “I want to meet this choreographer guy they hired. I hope he made up some cool dance moves for our tracks”

“Man, I can’t believe Disney is taking a chance on us” JC said

“I wonder why Backstreet cancelled” Lance wondered

“Hey man, don’t question it. Just be happy that they did” Chris replied

“Yea man true that. Hey, what are we doing later?”

“No more clubbing!” the other 4 replied in unison

“Why not?” Joey whined

“Because every time we got out to a club something always ends up happening.” Lance stated. “JC got in a fight and ended up with a girlfriend the last time we went”

JC chuckled

“And we need to be looking and feeling fresh tomorrow so we should head to bed early” JC agreed

“Okay, daddy” Joey mocked

JC shoved him into the side of the car and went around to the driver’s seat.

“You guy’s mind if I just drop you off at the house? I need the car for a while”

Chris scoffed. “What for? Didn’t you just say we shouldn’t be doing anything today?”

“I just want to go see Liz at work, tell her the news and stuff”

Justin and Joey started making kissing noises from the backseat.

JC rolled his eyes.

“C’mon guys, if the guy wants to go see his girlfriend then let him” Lance said

Thank you Lance” JC said, pulling out of the parking lot.

“Fine, take the car. But we’re ordering dinner tonight, and you’re paying”

“I’m paying just because I want the car for an hour?!” JC exclaimed, kind of laughing

“No, you’re paying because the rest of us spent all our money on cool stuff at the mall last week. We’re broke”

This is why you save” JC mumbled

“Why do you always save JC?” Lance asked

“Or are you just cheap?” Justin added in

“What the-!” JC said defensively. "Hey man, I -- yes. Because that is my...I have to save...because, yes."

 His friends burst out laughing.

“Yea, laugh at the guy that’s paying for your dinner tonight, that's real nice”

“Sorry C” Justin said, still chuckling

“We know you can’t help it that you’re such a dork” Joey said, punching his shoulder playfully

“You guys suck” JC mumbled

“How in the world did a fine ass woman like Liz get you?” Joey wondered out loud.

JC smiled, not bothering to acknowledge that what Joey had said was basically an insult to him.

“Can we change the subject?” he asked. “Do Run Run?”

“Yea!” Justin cheered

 And that was enough to occupy them until JC got to the house


“Hi, do you know where Liz Carrington’s office is?” JC politely asked the woman at the door.

“Do you have an appointment with her or Ms. Brooks today?” she asked

“Uh, not really. I’m her boyfriend if that counts as anything” he stated

The woman’s hazel eyes brightened. “Oh, you’re JC. Well, Josh. The one in the band or something?”

“Uh, yea that’ll be me. I’m sorry, but do you know me somehow?” he asked

The woman giggled. “No, no I don’t. But Ms. Carrington plays your song on the player all the time. She talks about you a lot”

JC smiled. “What does she say?”

“That you’re one of the most caring people she knows, and you’re really nice and funny and sweet, and that you have an amazing voice, which you do by the way”

JC blushed. “Wow, thanks”  

“She mentioned another thing too, but we won’t bother with that”

His ears perked up. “What’s the other thing?” he asked

“You’re really hot” the woman said simply

JC’s already blushing cheeks were firefighter red by now. “Okay, uh. Cool” he said chuckling. “I think  she’s hot too”

She giggled. “Walk straight down this corridor and turn left. Their office is the only there. There are a couple chairs outside of it and some potted plants so you can’t miss it. Has a big “L & E Planning” sign on the door too”

“Thanks a lot” JC said, giving her a quick wave.

He followed the directions that were given to him and saw that the door was slightly cracked open. He peered through and saw that only Liz was in there, her back to the door. She was standing, looking over a file in the filing drawers.

He decided to play a little trick. He noticed her cell phone on top of the drawers and decided to call. He crept in slowly and softly, behind her. When he was a few feet away, he selected her name and clicked ‘call’. He stood there, not daring to make a move. About 3 seconds later, he heard his voice sing out.

..It’s tearin’ up my heart, when I’m with you…His song was her ringtone.

His plan to sneak up on her sort of failed because after he heard the song start to play, he erupted in laughter startling the shit out of her.

She screamed and turned around, her hand to her chest. “What the f- Oh, Josh! What the hell are you doing?!” she demanded, trying to get her heart beat to regulate.

JC hadn’t stopped laughing. “I can’t believe that’s your ringtone”

Liz blushed. “It’s a catchy song” she said shyly

His laughter eased, and he walked up to her giving her a hug. “Sorry I scared you” he said, chuckling

She smiled, and she too started giggling. “It’s okay.” She said giving him a kiss on the cheek. “What’re you doing here? Hey, how’s the album doing?”

“We had a meeting at the studio. The album, well...  It hasn’t taken off but I got some good news”

“Oh hun, I’m sorry about the album. I’m sure things a just slow. What’s the news?”

“We’re booked to appear on a Disney concert special in a few weeks!” he beamed “This way it’ll help us get noticed!”

“Oh, well that’s great! How exciting!”

“Yea, our rehearsals start tomorrow. The schedule is ridiculous. We basically have something going on every day for the next couple weeks”

“I won’t get a chance to see you” she frowned

“Aww, c’mon. You know we will, just a little less. I want you to come to the concert though” he grinned.

“Seriously?” her face lit up

“Yea, of course. You’ve never seen us perform before, so this’ll be a great way to start”

“Okay, yea. I’ll come” she smiled up at him

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her, but they were interrupted.

“Hey I heard you scream” Emma said, walking in, blowing on a dark blue mug. “Hey Josh” she said casually, smiling.

“Hey Em” he said, nodding his head in her direction

“You heard me scream minutes ago and you come now?” Liz said, her hand on her hip

“I was getting coffee” she replied, holding up the mug

“It’s almost 5:30 in the afternoon!”

Emma shrugged.

Liz rolled her eyes, while Emma took a seat on her desk.

“How’s the album going Josh? Gimme the stats” she said to JC taking a sip of the hot liquid

“It’s going… Could be better, but we’re being patient for now”

“Cool, I bought my copy today” she said, reaching under a stack of papers to pull out the case. “I see Liz already had a copy, so I practically know all the songs she’s been playing these days. You know you should hear her ringtone, it’s-”

“Can you just drink your coffee please?” Liz asked, shooting her a look.

Emma and JC laughed.

“It’s cool, I’m glad you guys like the music”

“Hey, Josh I got to get back to some work here, but I’ll see you soon right?”

“Yea, but I don’t know when” he said softly. “Sometime next week, I think”

“You’re that busy huh”

“I’m sorry Lizzie”

She smiled. “It’s okay, don’t worry. I want your album to do well, just as much as you do, so it’s cool”

“Thanks” he said, giving her quick peck on the lips.

She blushed. “Is there any time I can drop by the studio you guys are at or anything?”

“Actually, we have rehearsals from tomorrow till next Thursday and we shoot the Disney promo this Saturday. Then more rehearsals, a couple free days and then the concert. Then, we go from there” he sighed. “I can send you the studio address if you like, and maybe I can take you out to dinner or something on one of my free days. A date”

He smiled.

“You’re really busy Josh.” She said hesitantly

“Guess I’m going to have to learn to balance” he shrugged

“Text me the address, I’ll drop by one of these good days” she winked

“And about dinner?” he asked

“It’s a date. Whenever you’re free”

“Great” he said smiling. “I’ll let you guys get back to work now.”

“Yea” she nodded. “Thanks for coming by… And almost giving me a heart attack, but thanks nonetheless”

“I just wanted to see you” he said. “And you’re welcome”

“I’ll talk to you later?” she asked

“Yea, I’ll call you tonight” He slid one hand around her waist, and gave her a kiss on the lips.  “Talk to you later Lizzie”

“Bye” she said, when he turned to go back out.

“Bye Emma!” he called out, on his way out

“Bye!” she responded.

Emma, who had been sitting there quietly with her coffee, had been keeping her eye on the couple in her office.

“He’s sweet” she said, smiling at Liz

“Tell me something I don’t know” she replied giggling,


“I got food” JC said, yelling out to his group mates who were assembled in the living room playing video games.

“We’re starving!” Justin said, resting his joystick down on the carpet. “What’d you get?”

“Burgers and fries. Cheap and easy”

“That’s my kind of meal if you know what I mean” Joey said, happily

”Yea, more like your kind of girl Joe” Lance said, heading over with Chris to get his food.

“Just sit down and eat” JC said, taking the foil wrapped burgers out of the bag and setting them down on the table

“Thanks for dinner JC” Justin said, taking a pack of fries out

“Yea” he replied

“Did you go see Lizzie?” Chris asked, taking a bite out of his burger.

“Yea, I did” JC smiled, squirting some ketchup on his fries. “I invited her to the concert too”

“Cool, she’ll get to see us perform” Joey stated

“Yup”

“What’re we doing tonight? Movies? Video games?” Lance questioned

“Games!” Justin, Joe and Chris agreed

They all looked at JC, who was busy dipping his fries in ketchup and mustard.

“I think I’m just going to head to bed” he said. “We’ve got to get up early”

“What time do we have to be there for?” Chris asked

“Around 8” JC replied

“Oh yea, I forgot”

“Alzheimer’s is bad Chris” Justin chuckled

“Shut up Justin! So is being a 17 year old virgin!” Chris retorted

Justin‘s face turned red.

“Oh leave him alone Chris” Joey said

JC couldn’t help but laugh. “I think I’m just going to take my fries and go. Nobody touch my burger” he warned

“Where’re you going?” Chris asked

“To my room. I’m tired” JC said, picking up his packet of fries and a bottle of water. “Don’t stay up too late guys”

He closed the door to his room and flopped down on his bed, and turned on the TV. He chewed on a fry while surfing through the channels. He smiled when he saw Titanic was on, and he clicked on it.

He lowered the volume and reached for his cell phone to make a call.

“Hello?”

“Titanic’s on” he said

She could hear the smile in his voice. “And you thought of me, didn’t you?”

“Course I did” he said happily. “It’s at the end though. Where everyone dies”

“Ugh, the part that always makes me cry” she said giggling

“What’d you doing?”

She sighed. “Nothing, I got home about an hour ago and it was my turn to make dinner, so I’m beat for the night”

“Oh, well I’ll let you go then. Let you get some sleep hunny”

“Speaking of sleep, don’t you have to get up early tomorrow?”

“Yea but, I’ll get there in a while. I told you I’d call you didn’t I? ”

She giggled. “Yea you did. Thanks.”

“So, our date. Where do you want to go?”

She laughed. “Josh, shouldn’t we wait to see how you adapt to your new schedule before you go penciling in more things?”

“I know it’s a lot, but a guy has to make some time for his girlfriend right?”

She smiled softly. “I guess, but let's just wait, okay? Once I see that you’re good at the balancing thing, we’ll have our date”

“I’m holding you to that”

“Not a problem” she said, smiling to herself.

“Alright I’ll let you go now. I need some sleep too. Got to wake up early for that rehearsal”

“I hope you have a good night Josh” she said softly. “Don’t worry about the rehearsal, okay? It’s going to be fine. The album too”

“I wish I was as confident as you are about that” he mumbled

“Trust me. You guys are going to be huge someday, I know it”

“Thanks Lizzie” he said into the phone

“Goodnight … I’ll see you soon”

“Sweet dreams Liz”

“Bye Josh” she said, smiling

“Bye”

He hung up and threw the phone to the other side of the bed, sighing while he pushed the last few fries he had left into his mouth and took a drink of water.

He turned off the TV and got up to flick off the light switch.

He yawned and sat against the headboard. He could hear his friends shouting in the living room, mostly Justin and Chris, who he guessed were playing against each other.

He smiled and lay down on his back. A few minutes later he allowed sleep to consume him.

Chapter End Notes:

Review!! Review!! Review!! Review!!

Please & Thank you :))

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral love firsttime tour breakupjc boyfriendjc proposal marriedjc tourjc pregnant marriage