Author's Chapter Notes:
Let the FUN begin!

Chapter 2

“Seriously, if I hear one more question about Britney, I am walking out of here! And I don’t give a damn what anyone has to say about it!”  Justin was seething and I can’t blame him. I don’t understand why they keep harassing him about every little detail. It’s nobody’s business.  

I have been over this a thousand times with all the reporters and the team from the production company. There was to be no questions about Britney.  At all! She isn’t in this movie; she isn’t on the press tour, she isn’t his girlfriend anymore. His acting ability has nothing to do with her. So I am pissed to say the least.

“I know J, just try and calm down. Those animals in marketing promised me no questions about her. I will get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, just try and focus on your role in this movie. I am going to take care of the rest. Just talk about how it’s a great script and you knocked back a couple of drinks with the director a few months beforehand, and fell in love with the idea. You know, play it up to the audience and the press. They are here for you. Use them to your advantage.” I rubbed his back slowly to try and comfort him, like the way someone would comfort a crying baby.

“You know Ray-Ray, you would make an excellent car salesman. It’s truly a gift.” Justin was mocking me, but at least he was smiling now. This is a good starting point.

“Oh and about the call last night…I…I wanted to talk to you about it. I am…just missing you and confused about her and trying to get my head on straight…and I….”

“Justin, not now. We can talk about this later okay. I promise. But we need to go over this module for the press first. I want you to be prepared for anything. They are throwing a lot of questions around and I want to make sure you are going to be able to keep your cool. So if they say an…..”

“Ray, have you met me? I was born ready. Hell, I crawled out!” He was laughing now. This in turn made me laugh at his absurd sense of humor. But at least his mood was improving. I’m not sure how long it will last. Probably right up until the next Britney question, but I will take what I can get for now.

We waited for his cue and then I sent him out to face his public. He can do this. I have the utmost faith in him. As long as they don’t ask him anything about Brit….

“JUSTIN! JUSTIN! OVER HERE!”

“IS IT TRUE ABOUT BRITNEY?”

“DID SHE CHEAT ON YOU?”

“MR. TIMBERLAKE, HOW LONG WAS SHE INVOLVED WITH YOUR CHOREOGRAPHER?”

FUCK! There goes my day! 

Everything happened very quickly.Justin stood up, flipped off the cameras, photographers, the media, and most importantly, some of his biggest fans. He disappeared somewhere behind the stage.

Everyone was waiting to hear about his latest role. It was setting up to be one of the blockbusters of this summer. He was the lead role in a movie about murder on Music Row. The soundtrack was going to be released in three weeks. No one had even heard so much as a snippet yet. We were slated to release the first single next week.

I have to be honest; I haven’t even heard all the songs on the soundtrack yet. Mainly because we have been so busy touring the world for the press junkets to promote the movie. 

In the matter of four minutes flat, somehow all the hard work has been blown to hell.For the next two weeks my phone isn’t going to stop ringing. Job security for me but I am not sure how I am going to be able to redirect this negative attention that they have just brought upon him.

I should be mad at Justin for not handling this more maturely but I can’t really blame him. I would have stormed off too. But where did he go? I can’t fix this if he isn’t here.

I called his cell. No answer. I texted him. No response

.The only thing I can think of is to call Trace. I heard his phone ring somewhere in the crowd. Shit! He’s not with Justin. He is here. FABULOUS!

 The media is going ballistic and the director, producer, and screenplay writer are heading right for me.

“Where did he go?” The director snarled.“He is our lead star and he pulls this shit! I thought you said he didn’t have an ego.”

 “I want some answers Renee. NOW!” That would be producer, Mr. Robert Stauffer.

All I can say to any of them is that I am sorry and we are trying to correct this as quickly as possible. Inside I am fuming and if they don’t stop with the twenty questions, I am going to snap too.

“Listen, I am just as surprised as you are. They were told beforehand not to mention Ms. Spears at all. Trust me gentlemen, we will have this cleared up and it will all blow over by the end of the week. You have my word.”

I shook their hands firmly so they would understand just how serious I was. They walked back to the table and Robert stood at the podium.

“There has been a minor incident and Mr. Timberlake had to excuse himself. Ahem. We will be rescheduling the press conference to Monday morning at 12PM. Thank you everyone for coming and we will see you in approximately forty-eight hours. Again, our sincerest apologies, on Mr. Timberlake’s behalf.”

Justin is now missing.

Apparently I have two days to find him and fix this.

AWESOME!

Great day on four hours sleep!  

Chapter End Notes:
Please review and/or comment! I love hearing feedback good or bad.

Incomplete
Calandra Stevens is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Tomorrow also liked 212 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story