Author's Chapter Notes:
*EDITED*

I stretch and yawn, wondering where we are before I recall the 8 hour drive to Bowie, stopping at his grandma's. I get up and see our bags methodically set in the closet. I smile and grab my shower supplies. Josh comes in and startles me by wrapping his arms around my waist and placing his head in the curve of my neck. "Oh jeeze, Josh!" I reach back and lightly pinch his side.
He quietly chuckles in my ear. "Morning, beautiful."
"I need a shower."
"Bathroom is across the hall."
"Kids?"
"Fed and waiting for lunch. We have turkey for dinner, grandma's trick to making us go to bed on time on Thanksgiving."

I turn and give him a kiss. "Thank you for everything you've done." We sway back and forth for a few minutes. "Can I wear jeans and a shirt or do I have to-"
"Sam, be you. They will love you."
I turn in his arms. "Are you absolutely sure? What if-"
He raises his eyebrows and open his eyes wide, looking into mine. "Stop it. Be you. Ok?"
I nod. "Ok. Graim thu I gçonai."
He smiles. "Same here." He knows what it means, but he's still not too great at saying it. I settle to here him say things like 'same here' and 'back at you'.
I grab my jeans, jersey, undershirt, tank top, underclothes, shoes, shower supplies and towel before heading to take a much needed shower. I put my things in my bag and head for the kitchen, hoping I'm going the right way by listening for his laugh. I see him standing beside a lively older woman, most likely his grandma. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, planting a kiss on his back. "Morning."

"Grandma, this is Sam," he tells her as he turns around to place a kiss on my lips, turning me so I'm facing her and he's behind me.
"Joshua has been telling me so much about you."
"All good things, I hope," I answer with a sweet smile on my face.
"Other than why you had left your ex-husband and how he helped you walk away from it."
"Yes, he played a big part in helping me walk away, being supportive the whole time. I decided to give him a chance to love me because he asked. He has been so sweet to me."
"I'm glad to hear he remembers what he was taught growing up," waving a gravy covered spoon at him.

"He's also been a terrific help with my three babies. Today is proof for you, but it's a treat for me."
She smiles. "He always helped with his baby cousins when he'd come home. Always was good with the smaller ones."
"Grandma. Stop."
"When are you going to get married and have your own babies?"
"I'm not ready."
"Joshua, you're 35! At this rate, you never will!"
"Grandma, don't worry about it."
"Miss, I'm not worried about it. He'll know when he's ready and he'll let me know. I'm not rushing into a marriage, but I do believe he could be my forever. It doesn't matter if we date forever, just as long as he is happy. I'm happy with him being with me," I reassure her.

She arches her eyebrow at that small speech. "Joshua, go spend time with the babies. Your cousins and parents will be here in an hour." He sighs and sits in the living room with the kids. Demitryus climbs on his lap as the other two lean on him from either side of him and he wraps his arms around them, kissing the tops of their heads. "So, tell me about how you and Joshua met. I want to know how your relationship has blossomed, child."
I smile. "Sure, but only if you let me help you in the kitchen." She assigns some tasks and I start to tell her, speaking only loud enough for her to hear.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story