"What time is it?"
"Quarter till two."
"I have to call the warden and tell him to get the kids cuz I'm 'working'."
"Yeah, till 6 tonight." He smiles. "How long have we spent together?"
"Almost five hours."
"Wow. That's it ?"

"We met around nine this morning cuz I texted my best friend back home saying I got lost and someone was helping me get there. She probably texted me back while we were busy."
We head downstairs as we talk about the people we have to call and let them know we're busy till 6 cuz I was 'starting work' that same day. I check my cell. Dawn called an hour ago. I call her back. "Hey, what's up? Started working and I'm on break."
"Girl, I called almost an hour ago."
"Sorry." I look at JC and smile. "Kinda got caught up in work."
"You said something around 8:30 about cleaning someone's house."
"Yeah, not my fave thing to do, but the pay is good. So I can't complain. The hours are flexible too."
"Who's house?"
"One of the guys from *NSYNC. I can't tell ya who cuz I'd be violating the temp agency's privacy policy."
"Over 6 feet tall?"
"No."
"Blonde?"
"Nope."
"Blue eyed Leo?"
"How was your weekend?"
"It's JC. Good. Yours?"
"My week is going better than my weekend."
"Cuz you're working?"
"Yup. I should be done by six thirty."
"I'll call you back then."
"Alright, later." I hang up and call Joe. "You're gonna have to get the kids cuz the person they sent me to asked if I could start right then. I have to work till 6."

"Are you serious? Can't you get them?"
I roll my eyes. "No, I'm working till 6 and this is my half hour break. I won't get to their stop in time."
"What the fuck?"
"I'll be home before you have to head to work, so cut the shit. You should've been sleeping instead of stressing about me."
"I just thought you would've called to see of it was ok."
I make a 'whatever, fuck you' face, roll my eyes and shake my head. "It's either I started then and there or be passed over. So shut up and deal if you want help."
I hear our door close and him lock it. "Whatever. I'm heading to their bus stop."
"Thanks. Got another minute left on my break. Be home around 7 cuz it's an hour transit." I hang up. I look at JC and smile as I put my cell down.

"He's dense."
I shrug and look around. His house is pretty clean, not counting his bedroom. We were just up there. "Makes it easier to have an fwb. What's the plan for the next 4 or 5 hours?"
"We can get to know each other better."
"Ok, what do you wanna know?"
"Let's start with the basics. Cell phone number?"
"It's been my number for two years. 978-728-7846." I hold up my cell. "I usually answer and have it at my side or in my pocket."
"Have a secondary number?"
"If there's wifi, I do. Otherwise, no."
"How does that work?"
I hold up my iPod. "I need Internet access with wifi in order to access it."
"Are there any cell phone companies that would give you service?"
"As far as I know, AT&T and T-Mobile. Why?"
"I have a solution. That has a passcode lock, right?"
"Yeah. Why?"
He smiles. "Privacy enough to talk about things like what we just did and get to know each other. Your cell phone will be for 'work' purposes. What's the earliest you can get here?"
"8:30ish in the morning. After I get the kids to school."
"Can you get the serial number and any other information I might need to activate it on my plan?"
"Yeah. I can text it to you after the warden goes to work."
"Would you mind if I stop by when he leaves?"
"Um, sure."
"I'll drop you off near your house. Unlimited minutes and text. Most likely gonna talk via text more, ok?"
"The kids should be asleep by then."

"Maybe another round? After we get service for your iPod." He pulls me close and kisses me.
"Maybe." I smile and give an innocent look.
"You weren't innocent just a little while ago. We both know it."
"I have no idea what you're talking about, Josh. I remember 'talking' about details. I forgot what you meant by good pay." I smile.
He hangs his head and shakes it, smiling. "You're good at this. $10.50 an hour. Close to sixty hours a week. It'll help with tuition, bills and the kids."
"60 hours? How am I gonna pull that off?"
"About 35 outta of it will be during the week, days. The rest is just claimed. You said you have alot on your plate and wanna get out from under the warden's thumb."
"So 25 hours outta it, I don't even need to be actually working?"

"Nope. Plus there will be nights where you'll be 'working' and be out with me."
"Oh, so clubbing is part of it?"
"Along with being a companion to certain events. We can claim you were house sitting or travelled with me to ensure my safety."
"And moonlight as your date?" He nods. "I can live with that."
He gives me a kiss and smiles. "That's figured out. Can I see the form the company gave you?"
"How do you know there's a form?"

"I asked my neighbor about hiring a temp to clean and the process with agencies." I hand it to him, he fills it out just like he discussed and edits some info. He puts that his neighbor referred me to JC, the rate is higher and more hours. He signs it and calls the agency. "Hi, how are you today? That's good. You sent a temp to my neighbor's and they referred her to me. My name is JC Chas-yeah, that's me. Her name is Samantha Jefferys. January tenth, 1986. Yes, the pay rate and number of hours will be changed. The rate will be $10.50 an hour and she will be getting at least sixty hours. That's correct. Could it be faxed over? Oh, it is?" He looks at the paper and spots the fax number. "Yes, I see the number. I'll fax it right away. Thanks for sending her. You too. Bye." He hangs up and looks at me. "We just need the neighbor's wife to sign it." We walk over to his neighbor's and he greets the wife. "How are you?"

She smiles and nods at me. I do the same to her. "I'm good, JC. What do you need, sweetie?"
"This is the temp that was supposed to come to you today. Her name is Sam. I could use her help. It's my fault she didn't show. I kinda sidetracked her and just remembered that she said she was looking for your house. Would you be willing to sign this saying you referred her to me?" He smiles.

She looks semi-annoyed by this. "I suppose it's ok." She signs it and hands it back to JC.
"Thank you." He turns to me, winks and smiles at me. I smile back and nod. "Let's go finish what we were doing."
We get back in his house and he faxes the paper to the agency. He calls the agency to make sure they got it. He keeps the original and thanks them for sending me. I look at him and shake my head. "I feel kinda guilty."
"Why's that?"

"One song would explain it." I pull out my iPod and play Nickelback's 'Shakin' Hands' for him. "'She's no cinderella when's shes getting them dressed cuz she rocks it like the naughty wicked witch of the west. Every A list player is her favorite friend, the school girl skirt is on the top of the pile. She's making six figures a week, working three days a week. She'd even break a promise in the promised land. She didn't make it this far by just shaking hands. You grow up quick when you grow up poor. I doubt she would let the devil buy her little book, city would fall if anyone ever got a look. She shakes her money maker twice as hard as anyone can.' Those are the lyrics that apply to me right now."
"Is that how you feel?"
"In some ways but I think it's kinda funny. I'm pretty sure that I won't be making six figures and only work three days a week." I laugh.
He smiles and shakes his head. "You have a twisted sense of humor, Sam."
I look at him. "Thanks. I try sometimes." I smile.
He laughs. "So you intrigue me after. Interest me before, get my attn and intrigue me after. I can get used to this."

I nod. "Me too." We head out to his back yard and sit by his pool.
His cell phone rings. "Yeah, what's up, Justin? Yeah, I have company. Yeah, she has brown hair with reddish tones and blue eyes. Sure, it's safe to stop by. No. She would probably shoot ya down. See ya soon." He hangs up, looks at me and shakes his head.
"Lemme guess he wants it too." JC nods. "Pssssshhhhh, not happening. Only you." He puts his shades on. "Ok, cool kid. One question." He looks at me over his shades. "How do ya feel after havin a feel of MA?"
He laughs. "Damn fucking good."

"Fuck you. I feel better than that. I love the feel of MD." We look at each other and crack up. He gets a text, heads to the gate on the side of his house and opens the gate. "Justin, over here."
He and Justin come and sit by the pool. "Hey there cutie."
I look at him. "Hiya curls."
"So whatcha doin later?"
"Goin home to my three lil ones and staying there."
"Up for company?"
"Yeah."
"What time?"
"I was gonna say his" I nod in JC's direction "company."
"Awww, come on, don't be that way, baby."
I look at JC. "Sounds like something you said on your album." He laughs.

Justin looks annoyed. "Are you sure you don't wanna be justified and be more in sync with life?"
I bust out laughing. "That is one of the WORST pick up lines EVER." JC shakes his head. "Justin, I know you're smart. So why you actin so dumb?"
"Fuck you."
"I'd rather fuck JC."
"Why?"
"I love the feel and taste of MD. Plus a twenty year crush trumps anyone else."
He looks at JC. "What year would that be?"
"1992."
"Weren't we on MMC back then?" JC nods.

I look at Justin and smile. "Damn right, fucka. His personality, smile, eyes, intelligence and patience with your bull shit is why I'd rather fool around with him."
JC smiles. "Plus I already got her addicted to me. Before I even met her. More so since earlier today." He smiles at me. I smile back. "She would rather act on a crush and know she's feeling good than to act on just hormones. Right, beautiful?"
"Hell yeah. Sorry, Justin, today's not your day and the next lifetime of tomorrows aren't looking good either."
JC cracks up and Justin flips him off. "Go screw."
I look at Justin. "Didn't Chris tell you that's what we were about to do when he stopped by? We're both satisfied now." I smile at JC. He smiles back.
Justin changes the subject and looks at JC. "So you're fooling around with a mom of three? This is new territory."

"She KNOWS what she's doing and her kids are all school age."
"Who's watching them right now?"
"Family."
"How'd you meet this one?"
JC smiles at me. "She was looking for my neighbor's place and got lost. Downtown and she walked up to me and asked for help. I offered her a ride, she came here, we talked, did our thing and now we're hanging out."
"So other than shooting me down, how funny is she?"
"Funny as she feels like. Just don't piss her off."
"Why not?"
"I don't wanna find out what she's like when she gets pissed."
Justin looks at me and smiles. "I can give it to you till you scream."
I calmly look at him, annoyed by his advances. "Teigh trasna ort fein, Justin."

The two of them look at me like they don't understand much of what I said. JC is across the pool from me. I smile knowing I'm the only one who knows what I just told Justin. JC thinks for a second before he shrugs and shakes his head. "What did you just tell him in what language?"

"Gaelic. I told him to go fuck himself." I nod. I see Justin get up and think he's just gonna walk by me. He picks me up and throws me in the pool instead. I surface and swim to JC. "What the fuck is your problem, Justin?"
JC helps me outta his pool. "You ok?" I nod.
He's laughing his ass off. "I figured since I'm not gonna get to feel the inside of you, I should make myself laugh by throwing you in the pool."
"I'm drenched and don't have an extra set of clothes. You're lucky I'm a strong swimmer."
"Do I care?"
"Payback's a bitch and I will get you back when you least expect it. Keep in mind, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. You just scorned me. I got your number."
"Oooohhhhh I'm shaking. Not!"
I nod. JC holds me close. "Sam, we need to get you into a clean set of clothes. Dry em out. You might fit some of my pajama pants. I can't help ya with a shirt. Sorry."
I look at JC. "That'll be great. Thanks. It works. My tank top will dry faster than my jeans." As we walk by Justin I act like I'm gonna punch him or push him in the pool and he flinches. I laugh and JC shakes his head.
"That was mean."

"Making him flinch?" He nods. "I was seeing if he thought I'm serious about getting him back for throwing me in your pool. I've been fighting my battles for over twenty years with my cousins and they were all in their teens when I was just getting into school. Don't let my height and size fool you. I can defend myself and trust me, I use my height as an advantage. You and most guys I know use their height against me. I use my patience, size and brain against them." He hands me a pair of his pajama bottoms and I change outta my jeans. I give him a hug. "Thanks." I look out his window at Justin. We head back outside.
Justin smiles and try not to laugh at me cuz I have to hold the pant legs up to keep from walking on them. He turns away from me and I rush him, pushing him into JC's pool. I step back far enough from the pool that Justin can't grab me and pull me in. I smile. Justin climbs out and heads straight for me. JC steps in front of me. "Justin, everything you do to her, she's just gonna get you back for it." Justin looks at me and I nod.

"She's just hiding behind you cuz you already fucked her."
I close my eyes and shake my head. "Excuse me, Justin Randall?"
"You heard me, I didn't stutter, little girl."
I nod and dart around JC. "Say it to my face."
He gets close to my face. "He was defending you cuz he fucked you."
I nod, shove him with enough force to knock him down and kneel on his chest. He looks at me, shocked. I smile and nod. "See fucker? I can defend myself. I may be smaller but the small ones are the ones to watch out for. Call me little girl or disrespect me again and I will do this again. Am I clear?"

"Yeah. Can you let me up?" I get up and put my hand out to help him up. He looks at it for a second before he grabs it. I steady my stance and help him up. "That hurt. Sorry I doubted you."
"Just keep this in mind when you think about pissing me off again." I turn and walk over to JC and realize my cell phone was in my jeans. "Foutre! My cell was in my jeans!" I book it upstairs and check my pockets. Nothing is in em. I check the counters and find my iPod. "Josh, you see where I put my cell?" He checks his pockets and smiles. He grabbed my cell when grabbed his. I must have put it on top of his and not realized it. "Thanks." I walk over and  take it from him. He grabs my hips and smiles as I look at him. He steals a kiss from me. "I haven't stolen a thing from you but you can steal kisses?" I smile cuz I'm teasing.
He smiles. "I'm only gonna steal kisses, your time and small tastes of you."
I look at his expression. "Really now?"
Justin covers his mouth, like he's about to laugh. "Alright, cassinova. I get it. She's pretty much wrapped around your finger or dick."
JC looks at Justin. "You're just mad because she shot you down."
"Keep in mind who used to get more tail back in the day. And who's had two girlfriends since 02."
"I prefer to dip and bounce. Or just fool around without commitment."

I look at Justin around JC's arm. "I don't mind fooling around and have no emotional strings attached. It's better if it's the same person cuz then you both know each other's buttons and it gets better with each time. I just get to be as freaky as I want and leave with a smile."
"Freaky?"
"Yeah, I said it."
"What do you mean by freaky?"
JC smiles. "Scratching, biting and pinning."
I smile and scrunch up my face. "That you know of, that you know of."

He keeps his hands on my hips and looks at me, curious. I smile, twist my hips and walk around to other end of his pool. I pull the pant legs up and put my feet in the water. Justin is laughing. He sits down near me as JC shakes his head, shocked I'm playing hard to get. Justin whispers in my ear. "Just nod or shake ya head. Playing hard to keep his attn?" I nod. "Ya like it rough when the mood suits it?" I nod. "You wanna jump his bones again, huh?" I shrug. "You speak more than one language?" I nod. "2?" I shake my head. "3?" I shake my head. "4?" I nod.
I whisper in his ear. "I only know bits and pieces of each." I sit straight up again, smile and look at the water.
Justin just sits there and counts the languages I've spoken since he got to JC's. "I've only heard two."
"You've heard three. I'm speaking in English, told you to fuck yourself on Gaelic and said fuck in French when I thought my cell was in my jeans after you threw me in the pool. Three languages."
"Is fuck one of your favorite words?"
"Sometimes, depends on the mood I'm in."
He nods as JC sits behind me and puts his arms around me. JC whispers in my ear. "You know how to keep my attn. You switched your hips as you walked over here." I nod and lean back on him.
Justin sees this and I can imagine the gears in his brain starting to turn. "You act like you're with him, in love with him and have known him for so long. The problem with that is you just met today and are just fooling around."
I look at Justin and raise an eyebrow. "It's called flirting and teasing."
"That's not how it looks."

I shake my head. "Aquarius have the tendency to read too deep into some things. Justin, quick astrology lesson followed by a quick Chinese zodiac lesson. Ready?" He nods. "I'm a Capricorn and he's a Leo. According to astrology, we are HIGHLY compatible. Chinese zodiac says I'm a tiger and he's a dragon, which means alot of compromising. On top of all that, between both, our signs are completely sexually compatible and very sexually charged when near each other. My signs are conflicting cuz astrology dictates earth and my Chinese zodiac sign is fire. Both are natural resources. JC's are mainly fire in him due to his Chinese zodiac sign being a fire dragon. Most natural resources come from earth, and those resources also help keep the earth from dying off. So all in all, sexually, we feed off each other's energies and feed into the other's sexual energies."

"Are you for real? You follow that?"
I shrug. "Explains my traits cuz they don't come from anyone in my family or how I was raised."
"Really? What do you mean?"
"I'm loyal but nobody in my family is loyal to anything but money and themselves. I'm honest but nobody in my family can be honest with me. I tend to cause peace but my family is always at war. I have a calm exterior and inside is complete chaos but nobody in my family can do that. I am intelligent, hide it till it's needed or I want to use it and I take pride in my intelligence, unlike everyone in my family. I tend to think faster and further ahead than the majority of my family. Can you figure out why? I'm in my own generation and essentially the most prepared with the most in fear inside."

He thinks for a second. "Not that I can think of right now."
"Also take into consideration that I'm French, Irish, Scottish, British and Blackfoot Indian. Five of the angriest, most defensive and violent ethnic backgrounds. I'm peaceful until I reach my boiling point. When I took you down, that was pure instinct and self-defense based on a split second decision."
"So because of your ethnic backgrounds, you're pretty much an angry drunk who will kick someone's ass if they push you too far but can otherwise hide it and nobody will know until you snap."
"Unless they know me like my best friend back east."
"You should've brought her with you."
"How do you know if my friend is a girl?"
"Just a guess."
"Well she is and I moved my little family out here to get away from the drama in MA. That's why I'm letting you and JC to really get to know me."
He nods and looks at JC. "We're screwed, man."
"I get screwed that way and she can kick someone's ass without training. Imagine what she could do if she was in shape and trained."

"Then anyone who pisses her off would be lucky not to need a doctor."
I look at Justin. "There are exceptions and certain people I'd let piss me off. There's Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Mark Decostas, and Wesley Snipes. Just to name a few. I wouldn't wanna fuck with them. I'd be lucky to be BREATHING after going toe to toe with one of them."
They laugh and I smile. "I'm legit about that."
Justin gets up and stands in the grass. "You know how to spar?"
I look at him like he's crazy and shake my head. "Not really."
"C'mon. Come spar." He motions for me to go up to him. "I'll show you how to throw a punch." I sigh and go over to him. I get in my stance. He claps his hands. "Hit my hands. Don't hold back." I punch his hands, making sure to hit the opposite hand I'm using to punch. I do this for close to twenty minutes. "You have a bunch of energy and a good amount of force but your connection to the target isn't so great."

"I kinda figured. My lower body has more strength than my upper body."
"That's how you're able to take almost anyone down." He nods, understanding my physical strength.
JC comes over to us and pulls me close to him. I blush and smile. He looks at me. "She can pin me with just her legs. I have to admit she has more strength in her legs." He looks at Justin and smiles. "We know how hard it is to pin me and keep me pinned for more than a minute. She did it. All I'm gonna say is I was on top too."
Justin looks at him and is surprised. "That's rare. I have only been pinned while on top a handful of times. I bet she could spar with Nick and Aaron at the same time and knock them down a couple times."
I look at them both, confused. "I hope you're talking about this as in fun, not competition."
Justin laughs. "It's the only way they spar. They do it for fun and to stay in shape."
I nod. "Ok."

JC reaches in his pocket, grabs his cell and dials someone. "Hey, Nick. How ya been? You said a few weeks ago that you were looking for someone new to spar with and train, right? That's what I thought. Met someone new and she's-yeah, she's interested in learning to spar and use it for self defense. She's 25 and a mom of three. She's honest and she can learn it when you can make time. She started working for me today. She finished early and-" He nods and smiles at me "It's 3 in the afternoon. She's technically on the clock till six. Sure, that'd be awesome. See ya in fifteen." He hangs up. "He'll be here in fifteen minutes to help her start sparring and training. He's gonna work with her for a week then spar without instructing her, to see how much she's learned by then."
I'm confused. I look back forth between JC and Justin a few times. "What the what with who and when?"
They laugh. Justin shakes his head. "Not paying attn? Nick Carter is coming here in ten minutes now. He's gonna work with you and teach you to spar and pretty much test you every week to see what you learned."

JC looks at me and smiles. "Don't worry too much. Show him what you can do and he'll work with you and what you already know. He'll work with what you can do and expand on it. He's pretty strict about it and he doesn't goof off when it comes down to it. He might once in awhile."
Justin starts laughing cuz I look scared outta my mind. "What's to be afraid of? Other than Lauren, you're fine."

"I thought I'd meet him under other circumstances. Also take into consideration that we have a chance of being fucking related. Between finding out I have biological relatives with the last name Charpentier and Blackfoot Indian, both on my dad's side of the family a few years ago." I shake my head. "When do I drop this bombshell on him? When I meet him? Walk up to him, shake his hand or hug him, and say 'hi, I'm Sam and we might be related'? I think not."
Justin smiles. "Wait a few weeks, bring up family and bring that up."
Nick walks in the yard. "What about family and bringing something up?"
I stutter for a second. JC walks over to him. He hugs him. "She's just worried about some info. It's no biggie."

Nick shrugs. "If you say so." He comes over and I give him a hug. "JC never told me your name."
"I'm Sam. They started talking about you, called you, and set this up."
He smiles. "Nice way to scare the fuck outta her. Hey, assholes, she's only around five foot three. Justin and I are over six feet and JC you're what just under six feet? She probably has a chihuahua complex."
I bust out laughing. "I do and that's why I knocked Justin on his ass and pinned him earlier."
Nick looks at me like I spoke in a language he doesn't understand. "Are you kidding me? She pinned you, Justin?" Justin nods. "Ankle biter syndrome."
I shake my head. "I'll give you fucking ankle biter syndrome." I walk behind Nick as he talks with Justin and JC and kick the back of his knee, causing it to buckle and him to go down. I put my hand on his forehead and gently pull back toward me. I look him in the face. I smile. "Ankle biter syndrome, chihuahua syndrome. How's it feel to be on the receiving end of it?"

"Interesting. You're also ninja like. I think within six months you'll be able to kick my brother's ass."
"One question."
"What's that?"
"Still looking for distant relatives? Be honest."
"Yeah. Why?"
I let him get up and brush off his jeans. "I have info but I think it's too soon to tell you."
"You have alot of the Charpentier/Carter characteristics and traits." I look at him, trying to stay as calm as possible. "Anyone in your family have either last name or is part Blackfoot Indian?"
"My biological father's birth mom's last name is Charpentier and is Blackfoot Indian."
He looks at me. "What do mean by his birth mom?"
"He was adopted as a toddler."
"Makes sense. You seem like you don't like him or something."
"He chose to walk out on me and my mom the summer I was 4, beat us, and left us with nothing but debt."
"Born and raised a fighter."
"He decided while my mom was pregnant with me that I didn't matter."

"After that, I'd come out swinging too." I look at him and stand in front of JC. "Ok, I can tell that you use your size and intelligence to your advantage. I see why JC likes you."
"Who said anything about him liking me?"
He nods at JC. "The look on his face says he likes you when he looks at you, Sam. We've only known each other since 98, 99. Trust me, he's easy to read once you really get to know him. Even more so, after you've worked with him."
"Alright. I'll give you that." I raise an eyebrow at Nick and smirk.
"You have the same expression I do sometimes. It's like looking in a mirror at a younger, female version of me with that smirk." He finally gets into stance and smiles. "Rush me."
I smile and get ready to rush him, turn away and he looks confused. I whip around and rush him. I knock him clear on his ass and pin him. "One."

"You know enough to keep track of your pins." I nod as he gets up. "Good sportsmanship skills because you don't advance an attack as your opponent gets up. You have a good amount of patience." I smile and get into stance. "You're serious about this." I nod and signal come on. He shakes his head. "Ambitious. Let's start with the basic moves, punching and kicking." He crouches down so I can easily punch his hands, then looks around. "JC, do you have a punching block I can use?"
"Yeah. I'll go get it." He heads inside to get it. After a few minutes, he comes back out with a padded punching block.
Nick takes it. "Thanks. Sam, I want you to focus on this as your target and punch it full force, alternating blows."
"Every other blow should be with the same hand?"

He nods and I walk over to him. "Get into offensive stance. The stance you were just in. Start punching the block when I push you. I push, push back and attack." I nod, get into stance, he pushes me using the block and I do as he said. We do this for an hour and a half. "Ok, that's a great first session and you're dedicated. Pick two days you'll have off. You got alot on your plate cuz you have kids and are working."
I think for a minute. "Wednesday and Saturday."
He nods. "Those are the days I won't be here to train with you. I might be here to chill but not to train. If you still wanna spar on days off, it's for practice. No lessons those days."
I nod as JC stands behind me. He touches my side and I look over my shoulder. "What's up? FYI-not a good idea to sneak up on me and just touch me."
"Oh, sorry. We only have an hour before you're considered off the clock."
I think for a few seconds. "Which gives me about an hour and a half to two hours before I'm expected to be home. We have time to hang out. I'm not too stressed about it."
Nick listens to the tone I have with JC. He's watching my body language. "Are you two together?"

I hang my head and mutter 'Aquarius'. "No, Nick, we're not together. Why?"
"Between your tone and body language, it's what it seems like. You have a soft, tender tone with him and your body language says you like being close to him and in his arms."
"Yeah, so? A twenty year crush, flirting and just fooling around would look like that too."
"You get a defensive tone when you're asked about it. You have a defensive Capricorn tone."
"Cuz I am a Capricorn. I am also loyal to those who are loyal to me, honest, it's an earth sign and very sensual."
"And can also be emotional at times."
"I know AJ is a Capricorn. His birthday is the day before mine. You're an Aquarius, Brian is a Pisces, Howie is a Leo, and Kevin is a Libra. I think Kevin is a Libra. Yeah, he is."
Nick laughs. "Damn. Thought you were an *NSYNC fan, not a Backstreet fan."
"I'm both and NKOTBSB, 5ive, O-Town. I love music. I prefer Tupac, Tyrese and Boyz II Men, though." I shrug.
"Beach Boys?"
"I like 'Kokomo', '409', 'California Dreamin', 'Little Surfer Girl' and 'Fun, Fun, Fun'."
"Outta all their songs, you got it down to five?"
I sit in the grass and nod. "Yeah cuz they're my all time faves outta all the songs they did."
JC sits behind me as Nick sits down. "You're more of a face to face, sit down and get to know kinda person. Down to earth and open. You're very laid back and relaxed until you need to step it up or snap."

"Pretty much. Positivity breeds beauty and good fortune."
"What is good fortune to you?"
"Good friends, happiness, peace, positivity and someone to love."
"So right now you see this whole scene as good fortune?"
"Sitting in a friend's yard, talking with him and two other friends on a beautiful and peaceful day is very good fortune. Why?"
"You don't seem to give a fuck about our social status or what we have or what we are."
"You're people like me that were given a chance to live your dreams and bust your asses to keep what you've worked so hard to get in the first place."
"Is that how you view us?"
"Workaholics who earned what they have and don't stop working to keep everything you have, yeah. All you need is love and happiness in love to complete your lives." I shrug. "Right now, I'm pretty happy."

Nick nods. "Good point and we are just that. There are a handful of celebs that didn't work to get what they have."
"Paris, Nicole, and Paris's sister."
"Yeah. But if you surround yourself with people like us, you'll be golden."
I hear Justin hmmmm about something. "You straighten your hair?"
"No. If I let my hair dry naturally, it gets waves in it. And no, this is not my natural color. I'm a natural blonde. It turned dirty blonde when I was about twelve and mouse brown by the time I was fifteen. Dyed it blonde for 3 1/2 years and now I dye it this color."
"Damn. Answered all my questions even though I only asked one."
"Yeah, I know where you were trying to go with it. I'm not telling you the name of the color. Forget it."

"How the fuck? I was thinking it."
"You were staring at the back of my head and it falls under the series of questions about hair."
Nick laughs. "The eyes in the back of a mom's head thing. Still gets me to laugh and freaks me out." He shrugs. "The sparring will help get you in shape once we done with the basics and start doing things like duck & jab combos. It's gonna hurt for awhile. But you feel so good."
JC rubs my thigh. "Aren't you getting hungry?"
"A little bit. I'll just eat when I get home."
Nick looks at me. "That's one thing you're gonna have to get on a set schedule and make sure you're eating right. Makes it easier to drop whatever weight you wanna drop. I'm not trying to preach but it does work. One day a week you can cheat on it. My cheat day is Saturday."
"What do you consider 'unhealthy'?"

"Candy, soda & anything else that has sugar, sugar substitutes or overly processed ingredients as the first ten items." I give him a guilty look. "After that look, I wanna see what you have for food in your house and soon. Shit, I'll buy the first couple weeks of food for your family. Kids will eat it because it's all you have. Whoever else eats at your house don't like it? They can eat it and suffer or go hungry. Make it stick."
"Easier said than done. The kids are easy. I have trouble switching my eating habits."
"Start with little things like switching from mayo to mustard or actually measuring the amount of mayo."
"I switched from mayo to mustard or honey mustard about two years ago. I use mayo but not half as much as I used to. I use less mustard than I did a year ago. I'm trying to wean myself off the ketchup and salt. I hardly use salt anymore and ketchup is a bitch to stop using."
"I use ketchup for somethings. I don't use it like I did when I was 19, though. Juice is a big thing. If it has more sugar than a serving of oj, pour the container into a gallon container and match it with the same amount of water or half the amount of water. Sugar is the biggest downfall. Not eating is another." I nod, feeling guilty. "Losing weight is not just something you do physically, but it's also a mental process. You reteach yourself how to eat and how to eat healthy."

"I have a major sweet tooth."
"What's the sweetest chocolate that you like?"
"The lindt chocolates."
"Those are the little balls of different kinds of chocolate and have soft centers, right?"
"That's them."
"Have one midday and you'll be fine. Daily treat to look forward to and help you get through the rest of the day. I like my burgers. Twice a week I have an angus burger. I cook it on my grill or go to McDonald's and get one. I get fries and a soda, I do it once that week. What helps keep you motivated?"
"Music."
He nods. "If you have a portable music player or iPod, use it when you practice and while you work for JC. Use it when you clean and when you walk."
"I bring the charger for it everywhere I go, just in case it has to be charged."
"Good habit. What about fluids?"
"I usually bring a bottle or two of juice or water with me. Forgot today cuz I thought I was just gonna bring the kids to their bus stop and head back home. The temp agency called and said they had a position for cleaning. Turned out to be JC's neighbor. Got lost downtown and ran into him. Asked for help and he offered to give me a ride and I'm here. They called just as my kids' bus pulled up."

"From now on grab water or watered down juice, two or three bottles, EVERY time you leave your house. Even if it means getting up early or putting a little bag with them in it in the fridge the night before."
"What about certain extracurricular activities?"
"If you mean what I think you do" he quickly nods toward JC and I nod "play hard to get and be on top sometimes. Work it and work it hard. Try to keep upright and lean back when you get close. It'll either heighten it or prolong it. You wanna try to prolong it. If he's better on top, push your flexibility limits and control him with your legs. Pin him, push him away, pull him closer. Lauren does it to me all the time, it just makes me want more."
"Ahhhhhh! Not my business and I don't wanna know about your sex life, just in case we are related. Remember?"

"Oops. Sorry, I'm just so used to talking to the guys about things like this. Hardly do I ever give these tips to women."
I shake my head. "It's different when women give each other tips like that. But certain guys can't tell some women things like that. I know when guys get together and all have girlfriends who talk to each other, the guys have no filters between their brains and their mouths. Us girls have more subtle ways of saying the same things without it being obvious unless we are making fun of a certain guy. No, we aren't nice about it but it's not as obvious."
"How do you know?"
I look at each one of them. I try to play innocent. "Plead the fifth?"
Nick shakes his head. "Oh, no, THAT'S not gonna work this time. You seem to know more than you let on about us guys and how we talk to each other. Don't even say you have a bunch of guys friends back home, it seems you have had a taste of a normal guy's brain and thoughts. Spill."

I look at all three of them. I look at JC to help me out and he shakes his head no, wanting to know why I know what I know. I start playing with the grass. They're looking at me, waiting for an answer as to why I know how guys act and think. I sigh. "Alright, bombshell away. I'm bi."
Nick shakes his head quickly. "Whoa. Wait. Bi as in bisexual?" I nod and bite my lip.
Even though I have my eyes closed, I can tell Nick and Justin's mouths are open and JC is looking at me in total disbelief. I hear JC speak first. "Are you kidding me?" I shake my head. "This is definitely a first for me."
I open my right eye to see Nick blink and shake his head. "That explains that. Bi women can be fun. Most bisexual women I've met prefer guys because we can get rougher than most girls and create more intense orgasms. That's what one bi woman told me. What's your reason for liking guys more, Sam?"
"Depends on the guy."
"JC."
"20 year crush, personality, smile, eyes, patience and intelligence. Bonus is he is really good in the bedroom and knows how to rile me up."
Nick smiles. "Great sex is a bonus, as well as turning her on. What made you give it to him today?"
I cover my face cuz I feel Justin focusing on me. "Between our chemistry, hormones and our energies, the way he kisses and touches me."
"Hear that, JC? She has five reasons why you got some love. I got a question for you, man. You wrapped it up, right?"
JC laughs. "I'm not gonna say. It's only for her and I to know."

I didn't realize I was holding my breath. I let it out. JC wraps me in his arms. Nick looks me and JC in the eye. "I pray there's SOME method to keep her from getting pregnant."
"Yeah, of course."
"It's not you. Her smirk gave that away. So it's her. She's had three kids. Either she's on the pill, the patch, has an iud, a tube in her arm or her tubes are tied."
I look at Nick. "The pill didn't work, the patch didn't work, my body didn't agree with the iud and I would have a hell of a time getting pregnant. I get pregnant, I'd be risking my life. Go figure it out."
"I get what you mean. After three kids, I don't blame you. My mom had that option after Aaron and Ange."
"Now that it's settled. There will be times where I will have him wrap it anyway. The week before and the week after." Nick nods, understanding what I'm talking about.
JC thinks for a second. "Oh."
"I'll tell you when that is when the time comes down to it. Technically, it's gonna be three or four days before and up to five days after. None during it. We'll talk about this more in-depth later and in private."

I turn around to see him smiling and put my head against his chest. "That's fine by me." He holds me close, calm and comforting. I check the time on my cell and see it's 5:30. JC rubs the outside of my right thigh and side. "What's on your mind?"
"Today is just an oddball lucky day for me. Thanks for helping with that."
"I was just in the right place and at the right time."
I smile. "You also had Nick and Justin come over. I feel like I can trust you and tell you almost anything."
"That can be a good thing and a bad thing."
"So far?"
"It's a good thing."

I smile and look at him. He kisses me on the forehead. I pout and he smiles. I lean my head back for a kiss and he gives me one. I turn back around so I'm sitting facing Nick again. He shakes his head. "You two are just so sweet to each other. For just fooling around and being friends." I look at him. "And flirting." I smile and shrug.
JC scoots closer and holds me close. "So who cares?"
"If she's my cousin, I would."
"If I treat her right and she's happy?"
"I can't say much about it. Even if she's cheating on someone." I raise an eyebrow and look between Justin and Nick. Justin shakes his head, confused. I look at JC and he shakes his head. Nick watches me do this and their reactions. "What's up?"
I shake my head. "I asked them a question earlier." Justin shoots me a 'you did?' look and I shoot him a stfu look. He shrugs.
Nick caught on. "I said something you told one or both of them and you were seeing who said something to me. Wasn't Justin because he was confused and still is. JC knows but didn't tell anybody."
I look at him and smile. "Nah, I asked a question." I downplay it and keep my cool.
Nick nods. "You just coincidently looked at them for an answer after I said cheating." I look in his face, not even stressing it. I smirk. "You ARE cheating!!!"
I bust out laughing. "I..." With every word I'm about to say, I lean closer to Nick.
"Boyfriend?" He leans closer to me with each word as well.
"Plead..."
"Fiancee?"
"The..."
"Husband?"
"FIFTH!!!" I lean back on JC and smile.

Nick is confused. JC wraps his arm around me. He starts  to rub my thigh with his other hand. Nick's cell rings. He looks at the caller ID and answers. "Hey, Aaron. Yeah. Not right now. I should be home by maybe seven. JC's right now. I'll tell ya later. No, not now. Yeah, I'll call ya back when I get home. I love you too." He hangs up. "He's such a pain in the ass sometimes. You guys know how it is." He looks at Justin and JC. He looks at me. "What about you?"

"I know what it feels like to have annoying little siblings. I practically became my older cousin's oldest for about a decade cuz my mom was either working or out. I also know what it's like to be the little sibling cuz I'm the youngest of two from my mom and youngest of three from my dad's side. He has me and my two older half sisters. My mom has me and my older half brother. I'm in the dead center of my family, so I get the blame for everything they seem to bicker over. I walked away."

"You know both ends of it. What about not being told important things?"
"I was always the last to find out. The last time it happened, my grampa was on his deathbed and the last two to find out were me and my mom. My brother knew since that morning and we didn't know till after seven that night."
"Nice."
"That was the last nail in the frame and I decided to move here no matter what. If they're gonna keep me outta the loop, might as well know nothing about what's going on and have a valid reason why I can't make it."
"You got fed up with it?"
"Yup and now I only talk to a couple of my cousins and my mom a couple times a week."
"Cold."

"You can push someone away for so long before they walk away and stop caring. I grew up like that for 13 years. I walked away, packed clothes, got an apt out here, ordered all the furniture and had it delivered, got electric, phone, cable and Internet set up and turned on within 12 hours of getting here and now I'm working. All within three weeks of being here."
"How the hell did you afford that?"
"Taxes. Got a good chunk back. Bought plane tickets, first, last, security, and three months for a place, paid off comcast for phone, cable and Internet, bus passes and food for the next three months after a couch, dining set and four beds."
"How much?"
"Over ten g."
"What did everything cost?"

"Plane tickets ran a grand, the place ran seven g, the bus passes for three months were about a hundred bucks, comcast was $500. All the furniture was second hand and cost less than $400 all together. We get foodstamps because we had just moved out here and had no income. In two weeks I have to report income changes. The amount will drop. Probably not by much cuz I'm gonna try to go back to college." I shrug.
"Holy shit. All that and still have close to a grand or two left? And you're insane, trying to go to school on top of it all."

"We also saved for at least 7 months before the move to make sure we would have some extra money. About another grand there." He's shocked. I pull my iPod outta my back pocket and play 'Come Back In One Piece' and start jammin to it. I feel JC start boppin to it as he starts to say the words. I smile. Nick shakes his head. I shrug. "What? I said what I had to say. And you didn't say anything else."
"You're definitely ambitious."
"Thanks." I turn on my side, take my hair clip from my belt loop and put up my hair. I start to sing along with the song while looking at JC and smiling. I start skipping songs to find the Aaliyah song I want. I get to 'Try Again' and sing and jam to it.
Nick smiles and nods. "Fits the mood between you two, your personality and your situation."
I nod. Justin looks at me. "Does this go for me too?" I shake my head. "Damn!"
'Miss You Remix' plays and I sing with it. Nick just lets his body get into the beat and bobs with it. "I miss her."

"Her music helped me get through middle school. Part of high school. My freshman year is full of memories. My sophomore year I did a talent show and sang the song she recorded for 'Music Of The Heart' soundtrack, 'Turn The Page'. I was called the 'white Aaliyah' for the next two and a half school years, stopped being taunted, and got some respect from my friends and kids that used to bully me. It's a hidden thing."
"Wow. I see why you hid it. You're good and are shy about sharing it. You use music as a healing tool. It's something sacred to you."
"Music is like air to me." I start singing along with 'Journey To The Past' and continue with 'Don't Know What To Tell Ya'. I close my eyes as I sing.
"Well it's almost half past six and I gotta get home. Aaron wants to hang out and catch up. I'll see you around two everyday, starting tomorrow. Day after, I won't be here for that cuz it's Wednesday. Then two days of training, a day off. Review day and then test days are Mondays. Always be ready."

We all get up and brush ourselves off. Nick and Justin hug me and JC before they take off. JC looks at me and shakes his head. "Smoother than I thought it would go."
"What do you mean, Josh?"
He turns to face me and hugs me. "Justin and his reaction to being shot down. I thought he was gonna flip out."
"Instead he threw me in the pool."
He smiles. "You did it to him after and pinned him for disrespecting you." I shrug and smile. "You got Nick thinking and he has a big chunk to break down."
"I'm good at that."
He laughs. "C'mon. We gotta get you home. I don't wanna bring you home, but the warden has to work and you have lil ones that need their mom."
I sigh. "Damn the warden to hell."
He smiles. "I feel the same way."
"I can get my own place and take care of the kids on my own with the pay from working, thank you for that." I smile and give him a kiss.
"You're very welcome. I would love to see you do that. When you're ready."
"I'd love you to have dinner with me and the kids in two weeks, even if the warden is with us."
He nods. "Deal, babe."
"No attachment yet."
He smiles. "I'll try, beautiful."
"That's better." He gives me a kiss and we head inside to get my jeans and his keys. My jeans are still soaked. "Josh, they're still soaked."
"Leave em then."
I hang them over the shower rod and head downstairs. "Warden will say that I slept with someone and grabbed their pants."
"Tell him what happened. Your shirt is still damp. Your hair and shirt still smell like chlorine." We leave and get in his car.

I shrug. "Meh. He can screw a knot in a tree."
He smiles as he pulls outta his driveway. "And meanwhile I get to screw you." He gives me a kiss before he turns onto the road from the bottom of his driveway.
We drive to my street and I point out my place from two buildings down. "I'm on the second floor."
He gives me a kiss and nods. "Call me when he leaves for work."
"I'll call you when he's supposed to be clocked in to make sure he's there."
"See you in a little bit, beautiful." We kiss for a few seconds.

I head to my place, turn my iPod on, put in my earphones, check the time and smirk. It's quarter past seven. I think of alibis and the best one I can think of is traffic sucked. I get to the main door. I take a deep breath, unlock the door, and go into my apt. I pull the earbuds out and the kids pin me to the door with hugs. "It's after seven."
"Traffic sucked. You go from the Hills to here when people who work overtime are just getting out in 45 minutes. It's LA, Joe."
"They ate chicken, stuffing, corn and rice. Mikal and Aaliyah took their showers. Demitryus wanted you to give him a shower."
I nod. "Go get your jammas, Lil Man." He runs off to get his jammas, fuzzy and a towel. He puts his fuzzy on the opposite end of the couch from Joe.
"Why aren't you wearing the jeans you left in this morning?"
"I jumped in the pool with my clothes on."
"The client's?"
"Yeah. I reek of chlorine." I take my shoes off and leave them by the door. I go by Joe to prove my point.
He makes a face. "I see what you mean."

I head into the bathroom and give Demitryus a shower. I get him washed up, smelling 'yummy' as we call it, get him outta the shower, dried off and in his jammas just in time for the last half hour of tv time. I put it on a little kids' cartoon. Mikal starts reading his book. He's reading one of the 'Goosebumps' books. I shake my head. Joe jumps in the shower and I text JC from my iPod. We have a wireless router. I send him 'Windin kids down. Warden getting ready for work. He should be gone by ten. Kids in bed and sleeping by nine or nine thirty. Gonna get chores here done'. I turn my iPod down, pull up my playlists and play the 'Boybands' list. I put one earbud in and start the laundry and do the dishes. I get the dishes done as Joe comes outta the shower. He tries to get some. "No. I clean for work and have to clean when I get home too. Least you could do is clean as you go. The kids put their dishes in the sink. Yours is on the table. Mikal probably wiped down the table. Aaliyah most likely set their bags up. Demitryus is in the habit of setting up their coats and shoes." I look for all these things and see that I'm right.

He just scoffs about it. "You didn't exactly leave me a list of things to do."
"It's common sense. Washer was full, add the soap and turn it on. Dishes in the sink, wash em. Table's dirty, wash it. Left overs after you cooked, put em away. I got back home about half an hour ago and I've already done the dishes in the sink and started the laundry. Next is the table and putting the food away. I don't mind working but I refuse to do all the chores when I get home too. You need to put in your share too. I'll be working close to sixty hours a week. I don't wanna hear shit about you being tired after forty."
"I make nine fifty an hour."
"I make almost the same. Keep up with the pissing contest."
"My job will last longer."
"I'm more appreciated at work than you."
"What do you do?"
"Clean a celebrity's house, top to bottom."
"Who's?"
"Confidentiality agreement with the temp place says I can't tell you or I get fired."
"That's bullshit."
"It's LA for you and you do what you gotta when it comes down to a job and celebrities' safety."
He storms away cuz I won't tell him anything. JC had texted be back three times. First text says 'Ok, that works, beautiful'. Second one says 'What are you doing right now?' The third one says 'I miss you already'. I answer all three at the same time. 'Glad to know it works. I'm cleaning my place and I miss you too. You prob can't wait to find out what this means ----->Je veux t'enculer. =?] & ;?P'.

Within a minute, he answers. 'Now you have my full attention. Looks like French. Can I look it up?'
I smile. 'No, I wanna show you what it means. ;?)'
'Oh, is it dirty?'
'Natural and beautiful. You'll like it.'
'Hmmmm. You just keep my attention. I love how you do that'
'I'm good at it when it comes to you'
'You're good at a lot when it comes to me'
I smile to myself, deciding how to answer that. 'Talk to CK (Chris) yet? Viens m'enculer ce soir, Josh. In my bed *looks around for witnesses and plays innocent*'
'Talking to him on the house phone and texting you. I know ce soir means tonight in French. You have something in mind for me tonight or is it something you want?'
'A bit of both'
'Going to make me wonder till it happens?'
'Believe it. Mystery makes you wanna keep coming back, doesn't it?'
'Good mysteries do that. You're an addicting mystery. I can never get enough. You say and do just enough to make me want more of you and then a mystery about you crosses my mind.'
'So I'm a good mystery?'
'A very good one'

I smile and check the time. It's 8:05. "Bedtime, guys." Aaliyah and Mikal head to bed as I lock my iPod and put it in my back pocket. I carry a sleeping Demitryus to his room, put him in his bed and tuck him in. I kiss his cheek and tell him I love him. I tuck Mikal and Aaliyah in, kiss their cheeks and tell them I love them.
I leave Aaliyah's room and continue to clean, picking up the living room. I put in my other ear bud and answer JC's last text. 'Thanks. =?) Kids in bed. Cleaning up.'
'Beautiful mystery covers you entirely.'
'Awww thanks. You're so sweet!'
'Part of the deal. I know you for you and I let you know me for me'
'True. It's only fair. Just an hour and a half.'
'Going to make it? Lol'
'I wanna just speed time up and get to the good parts so I can slow mo them. Lol'
'Me too. I  love holding you and kissing you.'
'What about the rest?'
'I truly love talking with you. The sex is a great bonus and is unbelievable and I like it very much.'
'So if I just wanted to be held?'
'I would respect that'
'Hunh. That's how I am around that time'
'When is that?'
'Between the 23rd & 6th of each month.'
'During your cycle right?'
'Yeah. Starts on the last day of the month and usually ends around the sixth'
'The week or so before?'
'I will have days where I wanna be held and days where I want it and then to cuddle and days where I wanna make love and just hang out'
'So most days you will want me near you'
'There will be a few days when I just wanna hang out'

'That's ok with me'
'Thanks again. You're such a good friend and so sweet to me.'
'I like you enough to care the way I do. I hate when Chris busts my balls.'
'Lol. What's he bustin ya balls abt?'
'You'
'Oh. Sorry to hear that. Maybe he's jealous? Lol'
'Doubt it. He's like the older brother who taunts the rest of us when we like someone. He just picks on us.'
'He should have the big brother role down pat, considering that he has little sisters.'
'He does and it does get annoying after awhile.'
'Lol. I know the feeling. My cousins on my mom's side are like my older bros'
'So you know the feeling. How many?'
'Three, plus my half bro'
'I'm just glad Lance doesn't pick on me about this kind of thing'
'He's the one that sits there and helps ya figure these kinda things out?'
'Yes! He's awesome at it and he's supportive about things like this'
'That is so sweet. Could you have him text me? I have to tell someone what's on my mind'
'You can tell me'
'It would confuse you'
'Ok. Hold tight. Tell me someday, soon?'
'When the time is right, I will. Don't worry too much. It's a good thing I'm not ready to tell you yet'
'He's going to text you soon. Gave him this number, not your cell. iPod info?'
I text him the iPod info. 'Thanks =?D'
'You're welcome, my beautiful mystery'
I get a text from a number I don't recognize right away. 'It's Lance. What's on your mind, Sam?'
I read it and smile. 'Hi James. Can you do me a favor and keep what I say about Josh (JC) between us till I say otherwise?'



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story