Author's Chapter Notes:
JC brings Sam to Atlanta to meet Dallas and his family, joining them in the 'lab'.
I entrust Nick and Lauren with Demitryus, James with Mikal and Ange with Aaliyah. For the first time in my life, I'm going away for a couple weeks and the kids aren't with me, it feels strange. Yes, I'm attached to my babies. 

Josh and I are sitting at the airport, awaiting for our flight to be called. We plan on staying in Dallas' guest house, he offered and wouldn't let us refuse it. Josh knows I feel as if I'll be imposing and the two of them have been attempting to convince me otherwise since last weekend. I let out the breath I had been holding, a nervous habit of mine since childhood. 

Josh slips his fingers between mine as I pace in front of him slowly, pulling me gently into his lap and arms, pushing my hair off the side of my neck with his chin to place a reassuring kiss there. "Baby, he said it's fine and you've talked to him yourself. You're not imposing if he insisted. He's a cool dude."
"It's only been five months since we've been serious, exclusive," I ramble, a smile coming to his lips.
"And this is the happiest we've both ever been, you know that."
"Yeah," I sigh. "But, still-"
"Stop. It's fine, just chill. Plus, you'll get to hang with his wife, Joslyn. They're laid back like us on weekends and during the kids' vacations."
I lick my lips nervously. "Flight 371 LAX to Atlanta, Georgia, non stop, now boarding."
"Let's go," he tells me, patting my thigh.
I slip my duffle style bag over my shoulder, making the strap cross my torso diagonally and he laces his fingers in mine to pull me along with him cuz I'm on autopilot. I close my eyes and mutter 'whoosa' a few times for myself once we get settled in our seats. "You know I don't like to fly, right?"
"I'm aware you don't, but it's the quickest flight out to Dallas."
"How long?"
"Something like 6 hours."
I take a deep breath and he smiles to calm my nerves. "Does it get easier the more you fly?"
"Yes, it does. Relax, I've got you." He hums, a song playing in his mind. "...Left hip, right hip, put your back into it… She love the way I ride the beat… She ride it like a roller coaster, I make her scream…" he whispers in my ear.
"Josh!" I groan, hiding my face in my hand.
He smirks, being his dirty minded self. "That's what I want tonight."
"I don't have a 23" waist."
"So? You're all hips and sexy as hell, I can't keep my hands to myself. I want you so bad." He sharply inhales, laying his sweater over his lap.
"Maybe." I smile mischievously. 
"I'm getting spoiled later," he thinks aloud.
"Nope, teased and tortured," I inform him.

He tells me all about Dallas and his family, holding very little back throughout the flight. "You'll like them," he says, confident of it as we walk over to the car rental kiosk.
"But will they like me?"
He gives me a funny look that tells me I shouldn't worry about that because he's beyond sure of it. We get the keys and get into the orange Ford Focus. I sigh and he holds my hand, rubbing the back of my hand to soothe me. I watch the scenery of houses, people, pets, cars and trees go by while he drives to Dallas' abode. The radio is playing all of Aaliyah's songs and ones of the people she's worked with or had known, an *NSYNC song coming on to make me laugh-'It's Gonna Be Me'. I start singing along, quietly at first and he groans about it. I start singing louder as we pull up to a brick faced mansion, bigger than Josh's is and he pulls me to him roughly for a kiss by the back of my neck to make me stop. I clamber over the center console to straddle his lap, having unbuckled my seatbelt in a matter of seconds without parting our lips. "You weren't kidding when you said she was hot and sensual, sexually on point when it comes down to you and what you need," a black man comments, leaning in the car through the driver side window.
We had startled apart, my back pressed against the steering wheel and I'm no doubt beet red in the face. "I told you, didn't I?" Josh smiles as I relax enough to bury my face to attempt to hide my embarrassment against his chest as they chuckle. "Sam, this is Dallas. This is my beautiful woman, Dallas."
I squeeze my eyes shut and quickly shake my head. "She's the shy type?"
"She has her moments, this is one of em. You caught us in a compromising position." He taps my thigh and I exit the vehicle, rejoining him beside the car.
"Well, you don't have to worry about anything when comes to someone trying to get between you two, this boy's like Cujo."
"Pbbbffftttt! She's like Predator when it comes to me," Josh comments.

This cute little girl who resembles Dallas comes rushing around the side of the house screaming 'daddy!', stopping when she sees Josh. "JC's here!" she shouts, looking at me curiously after. "Who are you?" She's wearing jeans and a shirt that says 'Try Me and I'll Win', Skechers sneakers on her feet. She might be five or six, near Aaliyah's age range.
I stoop down to her level, offering my hand to her. "I'm Sam and I'm Josh's girlfriend."
"You're kissing JC?" Her hands rest on her hips, balled into fists.
Josh sits Indian style on the driveway beside me, pulling me to his side and the little girl onto his lap like he does Aaliyah when he explains something. "Yes, we kiss alot and say we love each other a bunch, Kara."
"She makes you happy?"
"Very happy and I make her happy as well."
"That true?" she asks, narrowing her brown eyes at me.
"More true than you could know," I confirm.
"I got my eyes on you." She runs off around the side of the house she came around before, shouting our arrival.

Josh helps me off the ground once he's on his feet and we head inside, those two talking studio biz. They laugh every now and again, a woman walks over to Dallas and pecks his lips. "Who might she be?" she asks, drawing my attention to her beautiful features and gorgeous skirt and tank top. I look down at my jeans, jersey and sneakers to feel insignificantly underdressed. "Honey, you look comfortable and it's what matters, just be you."
I meet her hazel eyes with my blue orbs, flashing a weak smile. "Joslyn, this is Sam, my girlfriend," Josh intros me.
"The mom of the three blondies? The adorable ones?" she rattles off.
"Yes, exactly who." 
"They are absolutely heartbreaking gorgeous children!" she raves. "Do you have any recent photos of them?"
I glance at Josh, who is entirely wrapped up in his conversation with Dallas and I pull out my cell to show her all the current photos of the kids, detailing the moments for her as she comments on them. "The whole mommy bonding thing?" Josh asks, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his chin on my shoulder. I come across a photo of him and Aaliyah reading together on the couch, her half asleep with her head on his chest. She had caught the flu and he just went with the flow. "That's my favorite one," he tells me.
"Then you can tell the story behind it."
"In this photo op, our daughter had caught the flu a few days earlier and was very sick. It was just before Christmas, a week before, and I laid with her on the couch and read her favorite books over and over again. 'Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom' and 'Chicka, Chicka, 1, 2, 3', she is absolutely in love with those two books if you don't cover the princess and Dr. Seuss books. She had begun falling asleep while I read the number book, Sam just had to snap it and I know I'm happy she did," he informs them excitedly, almost animated about it all.
"You said 'our daughter'," Dallas observes.
He shrugs. "I see her as my child as well as the boys," he explains. 
"Is there any doubt in your mind that you'll ask her the question you've been dodging?"
"Maybe someday, but not yet."
"Marriage?" I ask, glancing at the two men curiously.
"Yes, baby. I'm not ready for it and you need time to heal. We agreed to wait."
"You're not together for six months yet and he brings you to see me? That's a huge step. Have you met Karen, Roy, Tyler, Heather or any other family of his?"
"His group mates count, right?"
"Yes, those four count," Dallas chortles.
"Justin hit on her, Chris showed up at a bad time, I gave Lance her cell number and Joey... How did you meet him?"
"Chihuahua."
"Oh, around the day you moved."
"Yup."
"What does she mean by that, JC?" Joslyn asks.
"Chris told Josh to shut me up, referring to me as a chihuahua," I elaborate, eliciting laughter from Dallas, his wife and a skinny teenage version of Dallas.
Josh taps a finger on my hip to gain my attention. "That kid over there is Dallas and Joslyn's oldest son, Kenny," he whispers in my ear, standing up straight and nodding at the boy. 
"Long time no show, C," he greets Josh, shaking his hand before pulling him into a quick hug.
"You're fifteen, right?"
"Nah, 17 now." They chuckle for a second. "Who's ya friend?" he inquires, shifting his eyes to me.
"I'm his girlfriend, Sam."
He smiles at me, putting a hand out to properly wrap up our introduction. "Nice to meet you," he politely says, shaking my hand.
"Same here."
He looks at Josh and Dallas. "She's joining you in the lab?"
"If she wants," Dallas says.

3 hours later...

I'm sitting in the studio with a notebook and a pen, releasing my pent up creativity while Josh is recording and producing, some being demos. Dallas catches me off guard. "There's talent if it drop kicked me."
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a review, it's part of the craziness!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story