Author's Chapter Notes:
*EDITED*

Thanksgiving is a couple weeks away. "Josh, what are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?"
"I hope I can see my family this year. Christmas, I was hoping you, me and the kids can go to MD. Spend it with my family. My mom invited you and the kids."
We just dropped the kids off at school. "Are you sure? Where would we stay?"
"There's a couple bedrooms above the garage. I can see if my mom would let you and I stay in my old bedroom and the kids in Heather and Tyler's rooms. I'll call them later." I nod. "What's on your mind, baby?"
"I was thinking I see my family for Thanksgiving."
"That would put us an eight hour drive away from each other."
I smile. "It would? Just eight hours?"
He nods. "That's it. I wouldn't hesitate to pick you and the kids up and bring you to Bowie."

My cell rings. "Hi, ma."
"Hey, sweetie. I can't do our thing on Thanksgiving day. Would the day before around 2 be ok?"
"Yeah." I smile at Josh.
"Maybe you could bring Joshua?"
"Maybe. He'll be in Bowie, just an eight hours' drive away. Josh, would you like to eat Thanksgiving dinner the day before at my mom's?"
"Sure. We can even see some of your family while we're at it."
"You're brave! Yes, ma, he'll be there with me and the kids."
"See you then. Love you."
"I love you too." We hang up. "Are you serious about meeting some of my family? I have a few cousins in Fitchburg and that's about it."

"Maybe drop by and see Dawn too. Sure, why not?"
I look at him like he has no fucking idea what he's getting himself into. My cell rings again and I roll my eyes. "Hello?"
"Sam?"
"Nah, I'm your fairy princess. Name me."
"What are you doing?"
"Hopefully, planning to get Josh introed to my cousins, yikes, and my mom, quintuple yikes! What are you up to the day before Thanksgiving?"
"Sitting around my mom's."
"Don't sound so excited. You wanna meet up? We can stop in for a bit or kidnap ya."
"Yes! Sure." She rambles off the address and I write it in the small notebook I keep in JC's glovebox.
"See ya in a couple weeks."
"Where are you going after we hang out?"
I wince and take a breath. "10 hour drive to Bowie."
"Where?"
"Bowie, MD."
"What's there?"
"Josh's family."
"Fair is fair."
"You know how tapped my mom and cousins are."
"He's probably gonna laugh his ass off."
"Or think I'm tapped, Dawn."
"He loves you. You've been dating for just over two months. Known each other for eight. He knows you're fucking tapped."
Josh grabs my left hand. "Ready to get that cast off? I love you regardless of your family. I know you're 'tapped', because it just shows me who you are."

I hang my head and pull the bill of my cap down to cover my face. "Thanks, Josh. Yeah. I can't wait to get this damn thing off. It's been two months. You're right, Tig. He KNOWS I'm tapped. The plus side of that is he loves me anyway."
He rubs the back of my hand with his thumb. "I don't care how tapped you think you are. Whatever you mean by that. I love you for who you are." He smiles as we pull up to Cedar Sinai.
"Josh, tapped means crazy or nuts."
"You're not, though. You're just energetic, intelligent and odd. I love those qualities about you."
I relax a little bit. He parks the car and we start towards the doctor's office. "Girl, I'll buzz ya back after this."
"Ok. Can't wait to see you. I'mma tackle yo ass!"
I laugh. "I know. I can't wait." We hang up. I interlock my fingers with JC's and smile.
He looks at me. "What's on your mind?"
"Thanks."

He gives me a kiss after pushing the elevator button. "You're welcome. You deserve this, Sam. You NEED this. You miss your best friend. You two are very tight knit in an odd manner."
"I swear, you care more about me and the kids than yourself. Completely selfless."
"Selfless when you and the kids need something, yet so selfish when it comes to what I want."
"How is that possible?"
The elevator opens, we get in and he hits the button to the doctor's office. "I help you get what the four of you need, but when I want time with you and the kids, I'm so selfish. I'm even more selfish when it comes down to our alone time. I'm almost never home anymore."
"Sometimes you have to be selfish. If you ever wanna go home, I won't stop you."
"Every time I've tried to sleep at home, I can't. I end up being up till two or three in the morning, missing you. Then I can't stand it and head to your place and hold you close, just to get some sleep."
I look at him as the elevator gets to the floor we wanted and we get out. I stop just before the doctor's office and look at him. "You're saying that every time you say you're gonna go home to sleep, you can't and that's why I wake up the next morning with you holding me?"
"Well, yeah."
I look around. "Ok."
"Why?"
"I was making sure if I understood what you meant." I open the door to the office and he follows me in. I check in and we sit down in the waiting room.
He grabs my hand and kisses it. He knows it makes me smile. "I guess I am selfish."
I smile bigger. "I know I'm selfish."
"How's that?"
"I want what I have-you, love, the kids."
"You also have freedom."
"Yeah. Thanks to you and the guys."
"I did what I did to help you and the kids be safer and be happy."
I give him a kiss. A nurse opens the door to the rooms. "Samantha?"
I stand up and JC follows close behind, holding my hand. "Hi."
"Are you ready to get the cast taken off?"
"Been ready for the past month."

She lightly laughs. "The films we took three days ago show it's healed properly. We will be taking it off today."
"Thank goodness!"
JC grabs my hip belt loop and walks a little faster. She motions to a patient room and smiles. "The doctor will be in shortly and I have to get the cast cutter. I will be back in a few minutes."
I nod. JC is looking around. I smile. "We're only here to get my cast taken off."
"I just don't like needles."
"I know. I don't like hospitals period. I only go when I absolutely have to. Which you know is when I'm in excruciating amounts of pain, bleeding, dying, giving birth, pregnant, or to have a physical. I'll visit someone in the hospital, but the minute I see them, I just get the urge to run out."
"I now see why you understand my fear."
"I have never liked hospitals since my gramma got sick. She was unconscious, hooked up to all these tubes and wires. It just never left my memory. I associate the smell of rubbing alcohol and peroxide with hospitals. I don't like those smells. They remind me of seeing my gramma hooked up to all those wires and tubes and machines."
"I can't explain mine like you can."
"Until I saw that, it was the whole wanting to deck someone for poking and prodding me. Being the youngest of my generation, I was picked on alot. Being pregnant made it worse cuz they have you make appointments more often, just to poke and prod."
"Then why do it again?"
"I like when I can feel them move. I love when the father and a few other people can touch my belly and feel it. Or just look at my belly and see the baby move. The rewards are well worth it. Look at the kids. They're intelligent, talented and are amazing."
"Like their mom."
I give him a kiss and smile. The doctor and nurse come in with everything. The doctor looks at the chart. "Samantha, I'm told you're anxious to get your cast off."
"Yes, I'd like to use both hands again. Having three kids at home and all." I smile.
"Here we go. Stay still as I cut it off." I nod and focus on JC. He puts his forehead on mine and we lock eyes. He smiles. "All set."
"How long did it take?"
She looks at the clock. "About ten minutes."
"Didn't feel like it." The nurse is staring at JC. "Are you staring at him?"
She looks away. "I'm sorry. He looks like JC Chasez."
He and I look at each other and he shrugs. "He is Josh Chasez."
"Oh. It was nice to meet you, JC."
He shakes her hand. "Nice to meet you too."
"Are you dating?"
"Um, we're still talking about it."

I laugh. "Hon, he's been talking me into it. Look for his and Justin's interviews due out in late August. Nine months from now. Nick has one due out to be released around mid-August."
"Nick?"
"Nick Carter."
"Thanks."
"You're welcome." I give her a hug. "Hold your head high. You're intelligent and beautiful. If anyone tells ya otherwise, they're lying and jealous. Trust me."
"Thanks." She smiles.
"Do me a favor?"
"What's that?"
"Smile more, it shows more of your beauty. JC tells me that all the time. He always says the sweetest things at just the right times."
"Sounds like a good friend."
"Yeah, he's an amazing friend. So aren't his friends." I pull her aside. "So do you think I should give him a chance?"
She nods. "Yes."
"Thanks for your help and honesty." I pat her shoulder and we leave.
JC waits till we're near the elevator to say anything. "What was that about?"
"I asked her if I should give you a chance and she looked like she needed a confidence boost. She's a beautiful girl and has to be intelligent to have the job she has, so I reminded her. She said I should."
He laughs as the elevator doors open. "She's gonna get a surprise when those interviews come out."
"Yeah. She might be happy about it." We kiss and he pushes the button for the first floor. I hold his hand with my right hand. "Feels weird being able to feel your palm on mine."

"Two months in a cast will do that."
"I know."
His cell phone rings. "Hello? Whoa. Chill out, bro. What?" He laughs. "Hold on." He looks at me. "My mom had my brother call to talk to you. You might be on the phone for awhile."
My eyes bug out and I take his cell. "Hello?"
"Sam?"
"Yes. Tyler, right?"
"Yeah. My mom just told me you might be here for Christmas."
"If not sooner, yes. Why?"
"Just Josh doesn't bring girls back home often, if at all."
I smile. "Well, I can assure you that I'm not a bitch and we treat each other well. He is so sweet."
"Josh can be sweet? Since when?"
I laugh. "You're horrible. I think we're gonna get along fine, Tyler."
"I hope so. Hey, Heather wants to talk to you."
As we get in JC's car my eyes bug out again and I mouth 'Heather' to him. He laughs. "Wait till you talk to dad." My eyes bug out more and my mouth drops open.

"Sam, is Joshie there?"
I try so hard not to laugh. "Yeah. What's on your mind, Heather?"
"Is he ok?"
"He's doing great. I can't wait to meet you and the rest of the family."
"I'm excited to meet you too. Joshie has said such sweet things about you."
I look at JC as we pull outta the parking lot. "Like what?"
"You make him laugh, you support what he does and that you're always there for him."
I smile cuz it's all the truth. "I try to make everyday a good day for him."
"He says he hasn't had a bad day in almost eight months."
"I'm glad to hear that."
"I wasn't supposed to tell you that. But don't tell him that I did."
"Ok. How have you been lately? It's been a few weeks."
"I've been good. I'm just excited to see my brother in a couple weeks. It'd be nice if you could come for the holiday and then Christmas."
I look at JC and smile. "We'll see what happens."
"Mom wants to talk to you. Can't wait to finally meet you. Been hearing about you for so long."

I smile. "I can't wait to meet you either."
JC smiles. "Who now?"
"Your mom."
"Sam, how are you sweetheart?"
"I'm good. How about you, mama Chasez?" I started calling her mama Chasez near Halloween.
"Very good and excited to see Josh. It's been five months." He went back home for Father's Day. He spent a whole weekend with them. He's flying out to Bowie the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and flying back to LA mid-afternoon on the Sunday after it.
"I know. He's excited too, I'm sure."
"I can't wait for us to spend our first Christmas with you."
"I can wait either, mama Chasez."
We pull in his driveway and he cuts the engine. "I wanna talk to mom, please, baby."
"Josh would like to talk to you for a minute."
"I'll hold on."
I hand him the phone and we head inside his place. I've gotten used to his house. "Mom, I miss you guys too. Would it be ok if I bring company? Ok, could I use my old room and my company use Heather and Tyler's rooms? Ok. Thanks, mom. No, I'm not telling you because it's a surprise. You'll like who I'm bringing. Yes, you know them. No, you haven't met them before." He laughs. "Ok, love you too. No, you've talked to them on the phone a lot. I'm not telling you. It'll ruin the element of surprise. Here's Sam." He smiles, gives me a kiss, puts his cell on the counter, helps me get on the counter, and hands me his cell. "Don't tell her."
"I won't, Josh." I seal the deal with a kiss. He smiles. "Mama Chasez?"
"What's the big surprise?"
"He said I can't tell you."
"Will I like it?"
"I really think you will."
"Ok, I trust you. Here, Roy wants to talk to you."

JC's standing in front of me with his hands next to my hips on the counter. My eyes bug and I point at him. He smiles. His dad takes the phone. "Sam, how are you?"
"I'm good, papa." I started calling his dad papa around Halloween, but haven't spoken to him often.
"Karen is trying to figure out who Joshua could be bringing home."
"I'm sure she will love the surprise." I smile at Josh.
"How have you and Joshua been?"
"We're doing very well, papa."
"How are the lil ones?"
"They're getting good grades, getting big and very excited for Christmas. They are excited to meet Tyler, Heather, mama Chasez and you, papa."
"Glad to hear that. Isn't today when you get the cast off?"
"Yes, papa. We were leaving the hospital when Tyler called Josh."
"That's one thing I like about you."
"What's that, papa?"
"You respect Joshua and us enough to call him by his real name."
"I love his name."
"Why?"
"It just flows so well together." He looks at me, irked cuz he knows I'm gonna say his middle name. "Joshua Scott Chasez." I smile and give him a kiss.
He shrugs. His dad laughs. "As long as you two are happy together, I'm fine with it."
I smile. "That means so much, papa."
"I'm gonna let you kids go. Keep in touch."
"Everyday, papa."
"I love you two."
"We love you too, papa." He hangs up and I hand JC his phone. "Your dad kinda scares me."

"Why? He's not that tough."
"His tone is just so grrrrr."
He laughs. "Dad is strict, but he's not too bad about it. I turned out alright."
"Yeah. I'm just nervous about meeting him."
He kisses me. "Don't be. Ask Justin. No, he'd just scare you more than you are. Ask Lance."
"He'd tell the truth?"
"Yes. He would tell you all about dad."
My cell phone rings. "Hello?"
"It's James."
"Just who I need to talk to."
"What did or didn't I do?"
"Nothing. I just have a question and Josh said you're the best one to ask cuz you won't scare me more than I already am."
"Ask away."
"What's his dad like?"
He laughs. "I'm sorry. Is that what this about?"
"Well, yeah. I'm meeting them in a couple weeks."
"I thought it was Christmas?"
"Moved it up cuz he wants to meet some of my family. Just to be fair."
"How far is Bowie from your hometown?"
"Eight hour drive."

"Ok. I get what he's doing. His dad is understanding, sweet, strict, protective and supportive. You've got nothing to worry about."
"Ok. Thanks. What was on your mind?"
"Just wanted to see if I could swing by to hang out."
JC's making pancakes for he and I. "Josh, James would like to know if he could swing by."
"He on his way?"
"You already out and about?"
"No, I'm still in my pajamas. I have no other plans and I'd like to hang out with you two."
"Nah, he's still in his pjs, Josh."
"Sure, just wait till eleven."
"He said you can come over around eleven. We have to eat and clean up a bit."
"Alright! Eleven it is. See ya soon."
"See ya." We hang up. I get our places set at the counter and pour OJ for us.
JC smiles. "I'm sure you and dad will get along just fine, Sam."
"I believe you."
"Dad likes you."
"How do you know?"
"He told me that he likes when you call him papa. He doesn't usually let my girlfriends call him papa or dad. He also told me that he thinks you're a sweet girl."
I look at him. "Did he really?"
"Yes. He told me if I fuck this up, I'll need a lobotomy."
I laugh. "I love that. Brain switch. I hope I do get along with him."

"Have you talked to Nick or Aaron lately?"
"No, have you?"
"No, not since last week."
"Hmmmmnnnnn... I guess I should call them after we eat."
"Yeah. Just to make sure they're alive."
"If they died, I'll bring them back to life just to beat them to death."
JC laughs. "I love your humor."
"Well, I would!"
He shakes his head. He grabs my plate and puts pancakes on my plate. I put strawberry preserves on em. I hand him his plate. He puts his pancakes on his plate when he's done cooking them. "How would you bring them back to life?"
"I dunno. Thanks, Josh."
"You're welcome, Sam." He gives me a kiss. We hold hands as we eat, outta complete habit. I wash the dishes and he throws in a load of laundry. He finds the pair of underwear I was wearing a couple days before. "I found the pair of scandies you couldn't find this morning." He holds them up near the laundry room and I crack up. It's a blue thong with multicolor hearts on it. His fave pair that I have. I have no clue why he likes them so much.
I walk over, take them from him and put them in the washer. "Wash em, not showcase em." I smile.
He finishes loading the washer, adds the soap and softener and turns it on. He comes up behind me as I turn the water off and dry my hands. I turn around to face him. He kisses me. "Call Nick."

I smile, pull out my cell and call Nick. Lauren picks up.
"Hello?"
"Lauren, hey. What's up?"
"Nothing much. What about you?"
"Haven't heard from Nick or Aaron in a week and a half."
I hear Nick in the background. "Who's on the phone, baby?"
"Sam. You didn't call her yet? You said you were gonna tell her for the past three weeks."
He takes the phone and covers the mouth piece. I can still make out some of what he says. Something about not ready to tell me and he'd do it by Thanksgiving. He answers. "Hey, Sam."
"Nick, I have really good hearing. What haven't you told me?"
"Well, um, the results came back."
"What about it?"
"Well, unh, can I just tell you later?"
"Only if you plan on stopping by before 2 today."
I hear him slap his forehead. "That's hardly fair."
"So isn't keeping the results from me. Is that why you've been quiet when we train? Avoided me otherwise? I don't care if you have Lauren tell me. I just wanna know."
"Yes, that's why. Lauren, can you tell her the results? She said no. I guess I'll be over in a little while."
"See ya then, Nick."

I shake my head as I hang up. "That explains why we haven't heard from him in almost two weeks. Besides training. Let's find out why Aaron hasn't answered me. Or posted anything to his twitter about me." I dial Aaron's number.
Aaron's laughing. "Hello?"
"Aaron! How the hell are ya?"
"Fuck. Um, I'm ok."
"I know the results came in."
He's silent for a minute. He groans and sighs. "You call Nick?"
"He's not ready to tell me, but he's coming over later to tell me. Unless he pusses out."
"You, um, you are related to us."
"Thank you. Was that so hard?"
"You're not excited? Or mad?"
"Happy and a little excited, but not mad."
"Oh. We thought you would've freaked out."
"Why? Cuz I have who knows how many more family members to remember? I'm just happy to know part of my dad's side of the family, a part nobody knew about."
"Oh, ok. Hold on, Nick just texted me." He answers the text. "I told him that I did talk to you and that I said to wait till he comes over. I wasn't supposed to tell you."
"Ok. Thanks. I won't tell him. Keep in touch. You know all my info."
"Now that you know, I will."
"I love you, Acey."
"I love you, too."

I hang up. JC looks at me. "What was that about?"
"I was right about being related."
"Oh."
"But we can't let on that we know when Nick gets here. Aaron told Nick he told me to wait till Nick gets here. He wasn't supposed to tell me."
Lance comes over just after eleven and we go swimming in JC's pool. Nick calls my cell to lemme know he's on his way. I have my iPod playing pandora radio and Tupac's 'I Get Around' comes on as Justin pops in and the four of us sing along. Nick comes in the side gate cuz he hears us in the back yard being nerds. Nick crouches at the edge of the pool and splashes me. "I need to talk to you. Alone." He puts his hands out to help me get out of the pool. We head to the kitchen and I dry my hair with a towel I had left by the glass doors. He sighs. "Sit down."
I sit across from him. "What's the big deal about not telling me?"
"Honestly, I thought you'd jump up, tackle me, and shriek about it."
"Not worth it."
"Ok." He swallows a few times and starts messing with my iPod. "We are related. How we are? I'm not sure and to find out we'd have to trace back on our family trees to know."
I nod. "Ok, that's cool. Just means my family is bigger and it's a side of the family that I didn't know existed, per se."

"It's like you knew."
"I've had a feeling we are for over a decade."
"So you just wanted an answer?"
"Yeah, pretty much. Wanna meet some of your psychotic family by marriage? It's my mom's side." I smile like a dork.
"Can it wait till after the holidays?"
"Sure. January sound good? I can figure out exactly when with Josh later."
"Won't the kids go?"
"No, they're seeing that side in a couple weeks and again for Christmas."
"Josh and I will figure it out. I'm gonna aim between the 11th and 20th. I wanna fly there the 11th and be back by the 20th. Stay for a week. So mark those days as busy."
"Who's gonna watch the kids?"
I get up, walk to the glass doors and look at JC. "Josh!" I signal for him to come to me.
He gets outta the pool and comes to me, making sure to give me a kiss when he's close. "What's on your mind, beautiful mystery?"
"Would you mind watching the kids for a week in January? So Nick can meet ma's side of the fam? Please?"

"When exactly?"
"Between the eleventh and twentieth?"
He closes his eyes. "Can I call for help? The flights are gonna be timed when?"
"Yes, call the guys for help. I will plan the flights around our schedule. The one going out will probably be around 10:20 in the morning and the incoming will be at night."
He nods. "We can talk about it tonight, after the kids go to bed."
"Thanks, Josh."
He goes back to talk to Lance. "Maybe is better than no. Figure out if Aaron or any of your sisters wanna go."
"Alright. I'll do that by New Year's."
"Any questions?"
"You're dating him."
"No, we're still talking about it."
"Then you've gotta be giving him some damn good tail."
"What makes you say that?"
"He came when you called him and gave you a kiss right away."
"He's been doing that."
"I didn't do that at first."
"We are not dating, Nicholas."
"Riiiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt. Can Lauren come?"
"Next trip to MA."
"Ok. I'm gonna let her know. I hope she understands."

"She will. You're just meeting them for the first time." I grab my cell. "Sit tight. For a minute." Three rings.
"Hey, daughter of mine."
"Hey Ma. I have some family coming with me in January and we need a place to crash."
"How long?"
"A week."
"Wait. Family?"
"Yeah. Darryl's side but they don't act like him at all. More like Boyd."
"You know how I feel." She sighs.
"Ma, you'll like em."
"How many?"
"Me and maybe two of them."
"Can I talk to one of them at least, preferably the oldest."

I slide my phone open to put it on speaker. "Mom, say hi to Nick."
"Hi, Nick."
He looks like he's ready to kick my ass for this. "Hi, um..." I mouth Vikki to him and write it down. "Hi, Vikki."
"So you're related to my daughter. Rules if you stay here-don't leave a mess, don't terrorize my bird and Sam has rule when I'm not here."
"Huh?"
"Darryl's side alright. Sam, you can drill it in between now and then. When exactly?"
"Between the twelfth and the twentieth. January."
"So after your birthday. Ok. Want me to leave a cheesecake for you?"
"Strawberry please?"
"Ok. Who are the other ones?"
"He's the oldest of five. He has one brother, Aaron and three sisters, Bobbie, Leslie and Angel."
"You know I don't like people I don't know in my place."
"Ma, trust me on this, they don't want your shit." I lean on the door jam and watch JC, Lance and Justin goofing off.
"Fine. How are you and the kids getting here?"
"What?"
"Thanksgiving."
"Oh, we're flying in the Monday just before and leaving mid-afternoon Wednesday."
"We could move it up to Tuesday night."
"He doesn't get to Bowie until then. We, lemme talk to Josh." I walk over to the glass doors and mute my cell. "Josh! Thanksgiving plans. Ma."

He comes in again. I unmute my cell. Josh kisses me. "Hi, miss Vikki."
"Josh, what time do you get to Bowie?"
"Around six thirty Tuesday evening."
"Could you be at my place for noon and spend the night? I will most likely go to Rick's."
"Um, I'd have to get up around three in the morning and out the door by quarter till four to be there for noon." He bobs his head from side to side for a minute. "Lemme see if I can move my flight to a red eye for Monday night or Tuesday morning. I'll get back to you, miss Vikki."
"Thank you, Josh."
"You're welcome." He pulls out his cell and calls the company to see what he can do about it.
"Ma, I'll call you back about Josh when he moves the tickets up, if he can. I love you."
"Love ya too."

We hang up and JC stands behind me. He puts his hand on the side of my face, gently pushing my head so I look at him. "That's fine if the ticket is a little more. Yeah." He gives me a kiss. "Monday at 10:43 in the morning? That's the Monday just before Thanksgiving? Yes, that's perfect. Thank you." He hangs up and kisses my lips. "Let's give your mom a call back."
I call my mom back. She picks up. "Forget something?"
JC laughs. "Not exactly, miss Vikki. I can make it for noon on Tuesday, spend the night, then we have to see a friend and family of Sam's all day Wednesday. Then we have a ten hour drive from Manchester, NH to Bowie."
"Oh. That's good. Or just see our family Tuesday?"
"We don't have it quite fine tuned yet. We will by the weekend before."
"Ok. Thanks and I can't wait to meet you."
"Same here, miss Vikki and you're welcome."
"Bye."
"Bye." I hang up. JC shakes his head. "What was that about?"
"Told her about Nick and she isn't quite excited about that."
He nods. "Our planes leave within twenty minutes of each other."
I think. "Ours is around 10:27 and yours is 10:43, both the Monday of Thanksgiving. I think that's 16 minutes. How is this gonna work?"
"Noon Tuesday?"
"She was hoping for it so she could have time to get ready for and go to work. She works to stay busy and pay her bills."
"Ok, I'm not great with the time zone thing. We leave here at our times and they're straight flights."
I close my eyes. "Both flights are somewhere near five hours. Leave here ten am-ish, that's three in the afternoon here. Makes it around six or seven there. You'd have the evening with your family. You have to drive eight hours or so to get to Fitchburg. Be at Ma's for noon. Leave your parents' in Bowie around 3:30 in the morning to be on time. You know Aaliyah will be watching the clock as she waits for you. I can have mom make cheesecake!" I shake my head. "Back to the subject. Eat with Ma, she leaves for work by quarter past two, we can go see a couple of my cousins, my nieces and nephews. I don't have many friends around there anymore. Maybe three? Yeah, pretty much. The rest have moved away. Go back to Ma's, eat dinner, bed. See Dawn the next day for a couple hours and head to Bowie. It's a basic plan but it should work."
He looks at me, surprised. "That sounded pretty well planned to me for a basic plan."
"Sorry."
"It's ok. It's a good plan. The focus of it is Dawn on Wednesday, huh? I think it's unbelievably sexy that you're this intelligent. Fuck!"
I smile. "I would but we have company." JC looks at Justin, Lance and Nick. "Later, after the kids go to bed. Not now."
"Promise?"
"You know I don't make promises."
"Yeah. I know because you don't wanna break em."
I give him a kiss. "Unless I know I can keep them." He hugs me. "Go on. We have a week and a half until we head to the other coast."
"You excited?"
"More nervous than anything. C'mon, we're talking about meeting part of our families."
JC smiles. "Well, actually, it's most of my family."
I look at him, completely terrified. "What!?!?!"
He winces, smiling. "Most of them know about you."
"Since when?"

"Since the VMAs. That's why my cell kept going off. I was texting family, answering their questions. My mom told them to watch the VMAs pre-show."
"Now I'm not only gonna freak the fuck out over the flights there and back, meeting your dad, and now almost your whole family. I'm scared shitless now."
Nick tries not to laugh. "You have no idea what my mom's like. That's something to fear."
JC smiles. "My parents, brother and sister like you. I'm sure my family will love you."
I throw my head back and sigh. "Josh, graim thu, but this is why I'm so glad my family doesn't get together like yours for the holidays. I have family in so many states."
"Which ones?"
I close my eyes. "MA, ME, WI, IA, CO, ID, and a few others I can't think of right now."
Nick's curiosity is peaked. "You still can't say that in English?"
I'm confused at Nick's random question. "What?!"
"You still can't say 'I love you' in English?"
"No, I'm scared to say it. Don't knock our methods."
He puts his hands up, defensively. "I'm not. Just think it's odd you two feel the way you do and can't say it, even after almost two months of 'not dating'. I'm not dumb." He did the air quotes as he said 'not dating'.
"Nick, we are talking about getting together."
"Yeah, right, and I'm dirt broke."
I roll my eyes. "Nick, we are not seeing each other. Yet."
"You paused before saying yet."
"Nick."
"Sam."
"Nicholas."
"Samantha."
"Nicholas Gene."
"That's no fair. I don't know your middle name."

"You'll learn it quick in a couple months. I'm probably gonna end up saying shit that's gonna end up getting my first and middle names said."
"You are definitely a Carter."
I shrug and look at JC. "Back to our subject. Are you sure?"
"Yes." His cell rings. "Hello? Uh, maybe Thanksgiving. I'm bringing a friend. Nah, ya gotta be nice to her. You scare her off, I'll be ripshit. Dude, not funny. I really like her. Um, not yet? You can find out in August like everyone else. I am not whipped." I grab the crotch of his shorts and he gives me the 'you know it's not fair' look. I give him an innocent look and he sees I have a skirted bikini bottom on. He smiles at me and his hand slips under the skirted part, touching my clit. He continues his conversation, rubbing my clit. I'm so glad Nick can't see this. "I swear, man. I mean, well, no. I'm holding out for her. I want her. Mmmmph, no way. I only want the woman I've been kinda seeing for close to eight months. Maybe in a couple weeks. Yeah, see ya then. Bye."
I'm watching JC's expressions as he talks and hangs up, realizing it was probably a good friend of his from back home. "A friend of yours?"
"It's that evident to you?"
"Yeah. Guess I know your expressions and how they change, depending on who it might be."
He raises an eyebrow. "You watch me?"
I laugh. "I watch people, mainly friends, family and y'know. I learn their patterns, habits, and behaviors. To know them better."
"Mmmmmm-hmmmmmnnnnn."

"Like when James is on the phone with Diane versus Stacy. He's on the phone with Diane, he smiles and has that 'love you, mom' face. When he talks with Stacy, he rolls his eyes when she bitches. Nick, he talks to his dad, he laughs more. He talks to his mom, he has the 'fuck, Ma, I can handle it and you're pissing me off' face. You talk to your mom, your face is softer than when you talk to your dad. You talk to papa, you look so serious. I watch the people around me." I shrug.
He kisses my forehead and smiles. "I guess so. Just do me a favor?"
"What's that?" I put my head on his chest.
"Smile more and be real when we go to Bowie?"
"I can do that."
"What's for dinner tonight?"
I look at him. "Completely random and off subject."
"I love that bread thing you make. The one with cheese, tomatoes, onions, spinach and garlic bread."
"You want bruschetta? I can make fettucini alfredo with chicken and broccoli."
"Mmmm. That sounds perfect. Who's place are we staying at tonight?"
"Mine."
"JC, you lucky bastard. You get a four course meal!"
I look at Nick. "He can count!"
"Why does he get four course meals?"
"Stretches the food and can feed up to seven."
"Oh."
"Let's get some sunshine and vitamin D." I smile at JC and Nick.
We hang out, swim and talk until 2:30. We get the kids from school, go to my place, I multitask by making dinner and helping the kids with their homework, we eat. The whole time we talk about the day and everything that's happened that day. They have their hour and a half of tv, an hour before showers and a half after. JC and I talk about the fast approaching trip for the next two holidays. We concentrate on Thanksgiving, mainly. He looks at the clock. "Tv off, bedtime." He gets up and shuts the tv off. I get Aaliyah to bed and he handles the boys. We read to them and tuck em in. We sit to watch a movie and talk. About 15 minutes after the kids are in bed, his cell rings and he answers it. "Hello? Bobbi." He pinches the bridge of his nose and puts his elbows on his knees. He sighs, listening. "It's done. I've moved on. I honestly don't care. I enjoy the woman in my life, even if it means she has kids. She loves me and wants nothing but my time. No, I'm not being an asshole, I'm also not gonna act like what you did didn't hurt me." He looks at me, wanting help. "No, I'm not rescuing you." He holds his cell out, away from his ear.

I motion that I want his cell. He hands it to me, more than happy to. "Bobbi, listen."
"Who the fuck are you?"
"Sam. Hiya. Listen."
"No, you fucking listen bitch."
"He said no. You need to let go and move on. Your lives are separate."
"What?"
"Yes, I did say that."
"Who the fuck gave you the right to speak to me?"
"Josh. He handed me his cell." She hangs up. I shrug. "I didn't even get the chance to say much."
"Bobbi just likes to make my life hell."
"Change your number."
"She gets ahold of it somehow every time."
"I have no clue. I know you're happy with me. I trust you."
He sighs. "You're so understanding."
"Been in your shoes. I can't wait to stuff you with my mom's cooking and her, oh I miss it, CHEESECAKE! There's strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, cherry, apple and they are sooooo fucking good!!!"
"Can you make them?"

"Yeah. But I want Ma to get you hooked. You'll be like Justin to his grandma's peach cobbler." I smile.
"Really?"
"I was pregnant with Mikal and it was during the holidays. I ate a whole, I mean all of it, cheesecake. I'm having a shitty day, Ma's cheesecake makes everything better. It kills my sweet tooth for weeks!"
He laughs to himself. "That's how I feel about your bru, brush, bread thing."
I laugh. "The bruschetta?"
"Yeah, that."
"My brother's ex taught me."
"How many of his exes do you talk to?"
"His ex wife, Sasha and his ex finacee, Mandy."
"Why?"
"Sasha is just always there and I took a liking to Mandy. Sasha is my sister by all definition and the mom to my nieces and nephews. I have five from her, but her oldest daughter is my biological niece. Mandy and I are like best friends. She calls and I go into my whole 'girl' thing and by the time I hang up I have a Georgia accent. It lasts for a little while, maybe a day." My cell rings. "Mandy! I was just talking about you!"

"Sam. How are you, baby?"
"I'm good. How is Thorsha?"
"Big! He's already one!"
"My goodness." I put her on speaker. "What's on ya mind, girl?"
"I heard through the grapevine you left Joe and with this oh, so sweet man."
"That I did, girl, that I did. His name is Josh." JC hears the accent start to come into my voice and gives me a kiss, smiling.
"Well, is he there!?"
JC laughs. "Hello. Yes, I am here with her."
"You both have the happy glow in your voices!"
"How are you?"
"I'm doing good. How are you, Josh?"
"I'm very good."
"How are you holding up with Sam and the babies? Tell me about her babies! How'd ya meet? Are you dating?"
He smiles. "About eight months ago, she was looking for an address and it was my neighbor's. It was for a cleaning position. I let her work for me, we clicked right off the bat. She met some friends of mine and they love the fucking shit outta her. We started dating a few days after Demitryus's birthday. How am I holding up? Pretty good. The kids are so smart! Mikal turns ten in February and is getting all A's and B's, Aaliyah just turned seven a few months ago and passing everything, Demitryus is just as smart as the other two and on a different wavelength. He outsmarts them like you'd never believe!"
"That's alot. You are very close to her. Would you mind if I asked what your last name is?"
"Don't tell a soul. Just between us?" I have to make sure she won't say anything.
"Not even my daddy will know his last name."
He smiles. "JC Chasez."
"As in the guy from um *NSYNC?"
"Yeah. Blue eyes, dark hair and kinda scrawny? That's me."
I look at him, a bit annoyed. "You are not scrawny, Josh!"
He laughs. "I think I am."
Mandy snaps outta her moment of damn. "Ooooohhhh, girl. He treat you good?"
"Girl, he babies us. He spends tons of time with us, he's soo helpful and well, he is A-MA-ZING!"
"Does he talk to you? Respect you? Help with the babies?"
"Yes. We talk about everything. He respects me more than I could ever want to be. He helps in every single way imaginable when it comes to the kids."
"One more question-how do you like him when you have time alone?"
"Like? I love our time alone. He brought me to a whole 'nother level recently, girl."
"Good to hear. Josh, if I hear that she kicked your white ass, I'm just gonna laugh at and with you."
"She's getting self defense classes. She can already flip me over and take over during that moment."
"You go, girl! Take it! Make it yours!" Mandy laughs.
Josh smiles. "I like it. It, um, tur-turns me on. It's very attractive." He rubs the back of his neck.
I look at him and raise my eyebrow, smiling. He kisses me and pulls me close. "I will call you later, Mandy."
"I can tell you're having a hell of a time keeping your body and his apart."
"Love ya, Mandy!" I kiss JC, trying so hard to wait.
"Love ya too, baby. Joshua?"
He kisses me, puts his forehead on mine and holds my face in place knowing what I'm fighting. "Yeah?" I straddle him.
"Treat her good. Hurt her and I swear you won't wanna talk to me."
He rolls his eyes. "I will. I've done nothing but help her, treat her and the kids like they're my world, and protect them."
"Good. Have fun you two."
I giggle as he growls and purrs as he kisses my neck. "Oh yeah. We will." I hang up and start grinding him. We spend about twenty minutes grinding. I pull JC's shirt off him. "Unh. Taim ag teacht. Unh, ah, ha. Oh! Taim ag teacht! Yeah, yes." I put my head on his shoulder and blush.

He rubs my back. "You act embarrassed."
I sit up and look at him. "I have never done that."
"You've never dry humped?"
I bite my bottom lip and shake my head. "Nope."
He scratches just behind his ear, near his hairline. "Well, I guess I've been the first for a couple things."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story