Nick took Josh out the other night and I'm supposed to go out with him as cousins and friends to discuss the results of playing 57 questions with my boyfriend after the new year starts. It's New Year's Eve and we've put the kids to bed two hours ago. We're watching the ball drop ceremony on tv and waiting for the midnight kiss to approach, the first of many in our relationship or so I hope. I become so absorbed in my thoughts, emotions and hopes that I forget I'm even sitting in his arms. "You're over thinking again."
"Huh?" I shake my head free of my mind doing overtime. "Sorry."
"What's on your mind, honey?" he asks, laying back on his large black leather couch and pulls me on top of him to bring our eyes to meet. His hand cups my cheek and I close my eyes.
"Just listening to my hopes for us, all five of us, letting them run rampant in my mind."
"Like what? I've been told that I'm a great listener," he tells me, his thumb stroking my cheek.
"That is the first of many midnight New Year's kisses for us, that you'll always be there, and that you realize what you mean to me," I inform him, laying with my head on his chest and watching my right hand as it rests on his chest, my thumb rubbing back and forth.
"I wonder about the same things sometimes," he says, rubbing my back.
"Why do you wonder if I'm going to stay?"
"I've been in relationships where what I want didn't matter."
"I have as well and I didn't like it."
"You have a flighty personality."
"As do you."

I'm scared and don't know what to think, only knowing that he cares and sometimes thinks about some of the things I do. Otherwise, neither of us have the gall to say a word about it. Justin calls my cell and it's just before 11, only an hour before it drops and me being myself, I answer. "Hey, Bounce," I greet, Josh looking at me for an answer. I pretend to dribble, he nods to acknowledge it's JT as I straddle his waist and I kiss his lips. His hands rest on my hips, holding me comfortably in place.
"Just wanted to see if  we could pop in," he casually mentions.
"Josh, the guys want to stop in," I repeat, informing him.
"Joey too?" he asks, wondering.
"No Joe," Justin tells me.
"No, just Chris, Justin, and James."
"Uh, yeah, sure," he says.
"He said it's ok."
"Thanks. See you in half."
"See you then." I hang up, snuggling to Josh's chest and he holds me tight in his arms.
"I love you."
I tilt my head to look in his eyes, seeing his visage is soft and a gentle smile on his lips. "I love you, too."
He shifts to kiss me and I meet him halfway, sharing a reassuring kiss before the official end of 2012. His phone rings and the caller ID says 'James Bass', prompting Josh to answer. "Hey, man. Yeah, sure. Just come up. See you soon." He doesn't bother to move more than necessary, but I roll to my side to lay between his left side and the back of the couch. He starts to scratch my head, eliciting a relaxed moan to fall from my lips which makes him softly chuckle. "I love the sound of your moans."
I turn beet red and playfully slap his chest. "Joshua!"
He chortles, his body shaking with strong laughter. "Sorry, I couldn't resist," he tells me.
"Couldn't resist what?" James interjects, coming into the living room.
"I scratched her head and she moaned, making me say what was on my mind."
"Which was?" he inquires, uncertainty in his green eyes.
"I love the sound of her moans."
James and Josh smile as I blush. "Sam," James says, my blue eyes meet his. "It's worse with Justin and Chris here."
"I figured," I mumble, my face still a deep pink.  

~~~~~
"One minute until 2013!" the announcer on tv tells the viewers at home, including us.
I snuggle up to Josh's side, placing my left hand on his hip as his arm instinctively tightens around me and I smile. "You two are just entirely happy with each other," Justin comments.
"If that's what you want to call it, J," Josh replies.
I listen to his breathing, heartbeat and voice through his chest, becoming calmer than I have been in a long time. "Justin, I don't know why, but I am thankful for everyone in my life and it includes you."
"Thanks. I'm glad and appreciative of you being in his life," he informs me with a huge grin, thumbing toward Josh.
"Not a problem, I enjoy being in his life."
Josh rubs my side and kisses my head. "I love being in a relationship with her and being around all four of them. Aaliyah asked me if I plan on being Sam's prince to make a 'happily ever after' and I couldn't help but hug her. I told her I plan on being in their lives as long as Sam would let me."
"The two of you settled into a routine fairly quickly," James observes.
"It was either that or total chaos would've ensued," Josh says.
"Ten, nine-"
"They're starting the countdown!" Chris shouts.
"-five, four, three, two, one!" we join in as I slide my body onto his lap and straddle him, facing him.
Josh and I begin to share a kiss as soon as we say one and the other three scream 'Happy New Year', one of his hands holding the side of my face while the other arm is holding me close to his body. "Whoa! Come up for air!" Chris teases.
I pull my lips away from his and put my forehead on his, biting my bottom lip. "Sorry, man. There's just something about her that drives me wild, crazy even."
Justin and James chortle, before beginning to sing 'U Drive Me Crazy', 'Crazy For You' and 'Let's Get It On' (Marvin Gaye). I laugh, my head falling onto Josh's shoulder as he joins them in singing. I die laughing as James sings his favorite Marvin Gaye song, serenading us in a teasing manner. "Ok, I get it," I say, laughing as I sit up.
"How come he has the one with a good sense of humor?" Justin asks, feigning jealousy and crosses his arms over his pecs.
"Shut up, Justin," Chris says, playfully shoving him.
A grin breaks out on his face and his body relaxes, proving he was joking. Josh chuckles, pulling me close again. "You're an asshole sometimes," he playfully replies.
"Comes with the territory."
We chuckle and eat some snacks. "So, what are your resolutions this year, babygirl?" Josh asks me.
"To love you, love the kids, stay happy, appreciate everyone in my life, and live a healthier life. What about you?" 
"To stay with you, keep the five of us happy and keep my career alive. I also need to remember more and appreciate everyone more often. What about you, Chris?"
"Hmm, show my appreciation more, stay in contact with everyone better, and be more accepting of things that can happen." The four of us try to stifle our laughter. "Come on, I'm serious! I'm old and need to realize it means that I can't keep up with you guys anymore!"
I look at James. "What about you?"
"To be myself and stay realistic, but optimistic," he says, smiling gently. "What about you, Justin?"
"Do what makes me happy and not try to find love, just to let it find me," he informs the four of us. "It's been an interesting ride since she's come aboard and I figure if JC can let love find him, maybe I should attempt at having the patience for it to find me."
I nod, agreeing with him. "Never try to predict anything God may have planned for you, only he'll know what's meant to happen in life because he's the one who planned your life with multiple choice questions. He even has the different outcomes planned for and if you think everything through properly, you'll be happy. I am grateful for how mine turned out," I explain, kissing Josh again.
He smiles. "I've never had a more supportive and down to earth woman before and she's so bluntly honest."
"True, she's been backing you 379% since you've let her in," Justin observes with a gentle smile.
"I was shocked when you said she had THREE kids. I never thought you'd chance it in a relationship," James comments.
"No other guy has even caught her eye since you met her," Chris points out, wiggling his eyebrows and the three of us laugh at the memory.
"Sicko!" I jokingly feign surprise.
"No, Psycho."
"I wouldn't wish for anything to change other than when we met," Josh confesses.
"If you don't know the true facts, say nothing and question everything," I tell them as I remind myself.
Chris, Justin and James are all taken aback by my words, but nod in agreement once they realize why I had said it. "Good point," James concurs. 
"Intelligent beyond your age," Chris says.
"Just the way JC likes 'em," Justin laughs.
"Go home, guys. It's like two in the morning and I've got to be up by six to be up before the kids."
"Don't forget to lure him out of bed by ten to help me produce that track," Justin reminds me.
"I can do it if you leave now, considering that tomorrow is a Monday," I tell him, playfully shoving him out of the house.
"School day?"
"No, LizLei is going to Joey's and the boys are going between Nick and Aaron."
"Aww, damn!" Chris says jokingly.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story