Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter Two:

            As I take in my surroundings, I can't help but be confused. But I was just in the living room with Lindsay. How did I get here? I'm in the studio for rehearsal. I look around again and see that I'm alone. So, am I early? Or are we already done? And how could I not know? I hear someone enter the room and spin around to face the door. I smile involuntarily and naturally as soon as my eyes land on Lindsay standing in the door way.

            "Well, are you just going to stand there staring at me all day, or leave with me to go look at the new house?" She sends me a smile as she turns to walk right back out the door.

            I stare after her for about a minute before finally moving and following her. But what does she mean look at the new house? I've already seen it. Once I get out to her car, she's sitting there looking through her ipod. As I open the door and slide in, tossing my bag over my shoulder into the back seat, she settles on a song and sits her ipod back in the cup holder. She puts on her seat belt as I do the same and then pulls out of the spot and leaves the parking lot.

            "Well, here we are! This is just so exciting right? I mean we're moving in together!" I look her over and can't help but to feel the same excitement that is written so clearly on her face.

            "Yea, come on babe, let's go see what we can do with the place." We get out of the car and walk into the house hand in hand. I look around slowly, taking it all in, as Lindsay rushes off in the direction of the bedroom.

            As I look around, it's all déjà vu. But that doesn't make sense. This is our home, but before we ever moved in. "Jus!" I turn in the direction that I hear Lindsay's voice and start walking that way when I see that she's not coming out here.

            "Yea, babe?" I walk into the bedroom but she's not in there.

            "I just love this bathroom!" She walks out of the joining room and right into my arms, wrapping her arms around my neck. Sliding my arms around her waist, I lean down slightly and brush my lips against hers softly.

            "I'm glad you like it babe. Are you done looking around? Because I'm starving and want to take you out to celebrate." Her face lights up and she nods her head before reaching to pull my head down to hers. I smile against her lips as she deepens the kiss ever so slightly. Once we break apart, I take her hand and lead her out of the house, locking it and setting the alarm before getting in the car and leaving.

            I reach down to turn on the radio, but it's not music that I hear. I look over at Lindsay and she's singing along softly. I furrow my brow and turn to look out the window.

            "Well, hopefully he'll wake up soon. His brain activity is increasing with each passing day, so that's a very good sign." It's that doctor from my dream again. But technically I haven't had that dream yet. I'm about two months before that time. What the hell is going on with me?

            "Do you know when he might wake up?" Mom? Why does she sound so stressed? No, wait, she doesn't sound stressed but distressed. What in the world is going on? I continue watching the scenery pass while getting lost in my thoughts.

            "J, where do you want to eat?" I slowly turn my head to face Lindsay. But I don't fully see her. My vision is blurry from not blinking in so long. I blink a couple times and shake my head clear of my previous thoughts. "Um, Jus?" She glances at me quickly before turning her eyes back to the road. "Justin, you don't look so good. Are you ok?" I clear my throat and continue watching her for a few seconds before I finally answer her.

            "Yea, I'm, um, I'm fine. Just hungry. Let's just get something to take home." She glances at me for a second before nodding softly while dialing a number on her cell. I listen to her place the order to our favorite Chinese place and then set her phone back in the door. "Ok, but you're going to tell me what's going on." I look at her again before nodding once and turning back to the window.

            About 20 minutes later, we're back at my place, sitting on the living room floor, and getting ready to watch a movie. We're eating in silence till Lindsay grabs the remote and pauses the opening credits. I look at the TV then glance to her before looking back at to the screen. I shrug my shoulders and look back to my food and continue eating.

            "Ok, Justin. Talk to me. We're not watching this movie till you tell me what's going on." I look at her again and then back to my food. Should I tell her? She might just think I'm crazy and want me to go to a doctor. I look at her again but this time I study her face carefully, slowly. She's worried. That's easy to see. And concerned. I release a long breath before I begin.

            "Linds, I've, we've done this before." Her brow furrows in confusion. "I don't know an easy way to explain this without sounding completely crazy. But I'm having memories from the future. We already live in that house. I just spent my first night there last night because I just got home from my short tour yesterday. So, we have done this before." I look at her again and her expression surprises me. Now it's my turn to be surprised because she's smiling and looking...happy. "What?"

            She throws her arms around me giving me a quick kiss then whispers in my ear. "I'm so glad that you remember. That means that I can tell you everything!" I pull back from her and look at her with utter confusion.

            "Um," I clear my throat, "what do you mean everything?"

 

Chapter End Notes:
Please review! :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story