----Chapter Two-----


Anna bounced freely on the therapy ball, listening to Kendall gab on and on. Near the end of Ashley's session Kendall had called to talk about going out again. Ashley, never one to miss a phone call, had called it quits for the day. When Kendall found out Ashley was with Anna she immediately insisted Ashley put her on the phone. Anna had been listening to her for the last twenty minutes and hadn't gotten a word in.

"So," Kendall finally paused, "did you have fun with us girlies the other night?"

Relieved to know Kendall wasn't planning on doing all the talking Anna answered, "Actually I did. Not as much fun as others, but fun nonetheless."

Over the phone Kendall laughed, "Girl, that's just how Zoe is. She wasn't even wasted yet."

"I don't know if that makes me scared or intrigued to see more," Anna admitted. Balancing the phone between her ear and shoulder she started cleaning up the studio.

Kendall let out a squee of delight, "Oh my gosh! You have to come out with us again! I'm not even joking."

Finding Kendall's enthusiasm contagious Anna couldn't help but smile too. "How could I say no?"

----
Zoe and Tani were laying by the pool when Kendall came bursting out of the French doors and onto the deck. They rolled their eyes in tandem.

"Who wants to go out tonight," she asked plopping herself on the foot of Tani's chair.

"Apparently you," Zoe said sitting up and reaching for her sunglasses.

Tani eyed her roommate closely. "I know you get excited about going out and all, but this is a bit too much excitement I'm sensing. New boy?"

Kendall gave Tani's leg a sizeable smack, relishing the look of shock on the brunette's face. "I'm serious. Ashley wanted to do something tonight and I think I'm going to rope Anna in too."

With the mention of Anna's name the other two girls leaned in a little closer.

"Anna? Really," Zoe asked.

Kendall nodded, "Yep. You know I think we make a wonderful choice with her. She actually is a really nice girl."

"Ken, you talked to her for what, a half hour, on the phone? That's not enough to warrant a nice girl conclusion," Tani replied.

"Safe to say Tani's not going with us," Kendall teased.

Rising from her chair and wrapping her towel around her lower half Tani grunted, "You're not going to get to know her if you keep taking her out to bars and getting her liquored up. Sheesh. No wonder you and Justin hit it off so well."

Zoe tried to hide a laugh while she could see Kendall's mind churning to understand Tani's comment. Stuffing a pair of empty Corona bottles into Kendall's arms Zoe followed her tanning buddy. When she was pulling the door shut behind her Kendall finally comprehended Tani's dig.

"Hey! Tani! That wasn't nice! Justin and I liked each other because we are both hot."

Breezing by on her way to her room Tani just laughed.

----
Taking her roommate's words to heart Kendall decided that a night in might be in order to get to know Anna a little better. But between the three of them calling up a few friends, their quite night in became more like a party. A full blown drunken mass of a party.

"Who invited the man-%+%*$," Zoe asked looking up to see Justin smirking in the doorway.

"Girl, no one needs to invite me. I have party radar."

"Party radar? Lame-o," Trace added pushing him out of the way and plopping onto the back of the couch.

"Hey," Kendall cried looking up from an intensive conversation about concealer, "where'd you get a Heinekens from?"

"The store," Trace offered teasingly swinging the bottle.

Zoe smacked his leg and motioned towards the kitchen, "Now you have to get her one for being such an ass."

"Damn," Trace said walking back towards the kitchen.

"So what's with this party," Justin asked looking around the room.

"There is no party Justin. Just a couple friends hanging out."

"Then why's everyone dressed up?"

"Can't girls sit around a house playing board games with each other in expensive, revealing outfits?" Zoe bantered.

"Not unless I'm invited," Justin replied, "and look I was. Wow."

Zoe was about to walk away and pretend Justin never showed up when she noticed Anna making her way towards the two of them.

"Hey Zoe. Hi Justin. Sorry to interrupt, but is there a bathroom I can use?"

"It's upstairs, to the right. Can't miss it," Zoe explained.

"Thanks! Oh, Justin, I love your shoes," she replied turning and heading towards the stairs.

"Nice shoes?" Zoe asked looking down at Justin's feet. "What the hell threw up on them?"

"They're Ice Creams. They're supposed to look like that." Justin crossed his arms in mock anger.

"Whatever man," Zoe answered shaking her head.

"Wait!" Justin said grabbing her arm.

"What?"

"I didn't know you guys actually knew her."

"Who? Anna? I didn't. Kendall does I guess. Who knows? She's sweet." Zoe smirked to herself and made it her mission to tell Tani and Kendall that Justin was definitely interested.

----
Anna sipped on her Mike's Lemonade and took in the unusual surroundings. True she lived fairly well, but this place was huge! And everyone seemed to be dressed to kill. She looked down at her jeans and witty graphic t-shirt and shrugged. With the state of drunkeness most guests were reaching no one was going to notice her anyway. She passed a pair of platinum blondes making out in the hallway before she noticed Zoe standing in the kitchen by the blender.

"Zoe," she nearly cried, relieved to find someone she knew.

Holding the top on with one hand Zoe looked over her shoulder to see the shorter girl entering the kitchen. "Hey Anna Banana!"

Anna smirked and leaned against the counter, "How wasted are you Zoe?" In her life experiences people only called her Anna Banana before her tenth birthday or when they were drunk.

Zoe pulled two glasses from the cabinet and filled them up with her frozen concoction. She handed one to Anna. "Honestly? Not enough. I can't believe Justin and Trace crashed our party. They always do that! P.S.: Justin's shoes are ugly. " Through the doorway the two could see the guys pulling out the box of Twister from under the t.v.

Anna patted Zoe's back. "I wouldn't worry about them. We can have our own fun without them." She held up her glass, insinuating that Zoe should do so too. Zoe looked out at the living room where a mess of arms and legs were drunkenly trying to find different colored spots and shrugged.

"Best idea of the night Anne-B. A toast to new friends who could care less about boys." They clicked their glasses together and left the messy kitchen behind.

----
It was well past two in the morning. Zoe had chatted with Anna for an hour before Tani came and stole her away saying someone broke her grandpa's cuckoo clock. The culprit turned out to be Trace and so the party died pretty quickly after that. Watching Zoe chase and finally overtake Trace in the front yard was probably the highlight of Anna's night. After looking for Ashley only to find out that her friend had left her about two hours prior without even telling her, Anna found herself leaning against the railing on the front porch searching through her phonebook for anyone who would be available to offer her a ride. Glumly she realized she was the one everyone called and thus there was no one else to help her out.

"AnnabellaBoo," Kendall blurted, joining her on the front steps, "que pasa Mama?" Anna reached out to steady the blonde and helped her sit down on the top step, shaking her head at Kendall's drunkeness.

"Did you steal all of Trace's beers?" Anna asked pulling Kendall's hair into a ponytail.

"Solemente cinco, yo creo."

"Only you would start talking in Spanish when you're this drunk," Justin replied coming up behind the two.

"Justin," Kendall cried grabbing for his pant leg. "Do you know Anna? Anna this is my boy Justin. Don't call him Justy. He hates that. Right baby?"

Justin pulled Anna to her feet with a sigh, "Right Ken. I think it's time for the tiny dancer to head to bed." Kendall stuck out her bottom lip and leaned against Justin.

"But who is gunna take care of Anna?"

Anna looked at the porch railing before quietly replying, "I'll call a cab or something. Don't worry." She gave Justin a gentle shove towards to door. "Go take her to bed."

"Yes," Kendall yelled as if Anna had come up with the best idea in the world, "Take me to bed Justy!" Justin swept Kendall up and over his shoulder and started into the house.

"Hey, Anna?" he paused with his hand on the door. Anna looked back over at him. "Ten minutes. I got it. Don't go anywhere."

----
"So this is pretty awkward, huh," Anna asked looking out of the passenger window.

Chuckling to himself Justin replied, "I've had more awkward rides, but yeah."

"I so don't even want to know," Anna answered looking at him with wide eyes.

"Trust me," Justin said glancing at her quickly, "I'm not going to share." Laughing, the two settled back, a little more at ease. A few minutes later Anna spoke.

"This is gunna sound totally weird, but do you mind if I turn the radio on? I have this thing about being in cars without sound."

"Sure," Justin said reaching out for the controls, "but why?"

Anna shrugged, "I don't know. I just always have to be listening to something. It weirds me out when a car is quiet. I don't know. I'm weird."

"Yeah, you are."

"Hey!," Anna cried, "I can say that. You aren't supposed to agree."

Justin shrugged, "But it's true."

"You don't know that."

"You're right. I guess it's not that weird."

"Thank you," Anna nodded. She turned away and continued looking out the window and giving Justin directions.

As Justin pulled to the curb Anna sighed and turned. "Thank you. I really, really appreciate this."

"No problem," Justin said looking up from the dashboard.

"Can you find your way back? I can write-"

"I'm good," Justin smirked.

"Ok. Well, thanks again." Anna pushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear and opened the door. "Goodnight."

Justin responded with a "goodnight" as well. He stayed to make sure she got in ok and the pulled away from the curb and making a u-turn, headed home.

----
Somehow Anna found herself sitting at lunch with Tani and Kendall. While she agreed that they were pretty cool people, she was unsure why they had a sudden desire to hang out with her all the time.

"I thought you said Ashley might be coming with," Anna said taking a sip of her water.

Kendall chomped on the cherry from her drink and smiled, "I guess she forgot she had rehearsals today."

"Oh yeah," Anna remembered, "She is so friggen excited to get back. You'd think someone had died the way she talked about missing dancing."

"You should see this one," Tani said motioning towards Kendall, "if she goes two days without dancing she barges into my room demanding we have a dance party. I should have objected the first time like Zoe did. Now I get suckered in every time."

"You enjoy it. Don't lie."

"I mean it's fun and all, but sometimes a girl just wants to sit on her butt and watch the soaps," Tani answered.

"That's what I'm talking about," Anna smiled, "gimmie a little Sonny or Jason and I'm set."

"General Hospital? Oh no girl. It's all about Days of Our Lives," Tani corrected her.

"This girl needs more drama like another hole in the head," Kendall interrupted. "And this is my invitation to you Ms. Annabelle, anytime you wanna dance partner let me know."

Anna laughed and answered, "Although I'm not much of a dancer I'll keep that in mind."

The girls lunch was filled with laugher and random topics. Tani looked down at her watch as they waited for their bill and sighed, "We gatta get you back home Ken."

Kendall frowned, "Why?"

"It's your turn to cook."

"Is it Tuesday already," Kendall asked. She turned to Anna and explained, "we each have to cook two days a week. It sucks."

"We eat the same things every week. Kendall can only make frozen stuff and I even burn that."

"Hey! I'm pretty good," Kendall objected, "And Zoe experiments way too much."

With a small chuckle Anna replied, "But at least you don't have to cook every day like me."

"You can cook," Kendall asked, eyes on the waiter and hands busily scribbling down Tani's cell phone number on the check. But Tani caught her in the act and quickly tore the corner off of the receipt.

"I don't need a hook up from you too," she told Kendall sassily.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story