Author's Chapter Notes:
As if you guys aren't spoiled enough...here is the next chapter :)
It was an amazing evening, even though she was annoyed about the whole non english speaking wait staff at Le Covine, I still made it worth while for her.  She seemed to ease up once she realized I didn’t think she was stupid, that I was only trying to introduce her to new places and new things.  It’s how a girl like her needs to be treated.  She’s special.  She should be able to experience fine food, fine culture, art, museums...everything.  She should be pampered and spoiled, not because she expects it either.  I know she doesn’t.  It’s all me...

All of a sudden I just want to give her everything, and every part of me.

I think that’s how we ended up this way...

Pure silk.  That’s what her skin feels like against my lips.  They travel up from the start of her pelvis, up her stomach, until they finally land on each breast.  I kiss them slowly, suck them hard, bite them a little.  She tastes amazing, smells amazing, and the way she’s moaning is telling me that she’s ready...she’s ready for me to do this.

But I don’t know if should be doing this.  This isn’t just sex, as much as I’ve been trying to tell myself that it is.

There’s emotion behind this.

And that’s a scary thing.

I feel her legs snake themselves around my waist and she’s pulling me down to her, pleading with me to give it to her.  

“Justin.”

I kiss her hard.  So hard.  “Are you sure?” I whisper, as I look right into her eyes.  I see the fear there.  She’s questioning herself about what’s going to happen once the sun rises, once the new day begins.

So am I.

She puts her hands on either side of my face, smoothing the tips of her fingers over my lips, her expression dazed.  She’s no longer thinking about the consequences.  Her emotions aren’t allowing her to.  “I want you,” she whispers.

I don’t think.  I just take her, all for my own, and we do it again, and again, and again.

The alarm buzzes in my ear far too soon.  Shit. Tuesday morning.  I groan, roll over.  When my eyes open all the way she’s the first thing I see, naked, sheet only half covering her body.  Her mouth is open a crack.  She’s fast asleep.

“Hey,” I whisper as I stroke her face, gently.  I love the way she looks while she’s sleeping.  I think I could just call out of work and stare at her until she wakes up.

But then I remember that I need to be at work.  That it’s absolutely fucking necessary that I be at work.  That can’t change.  I promised myself when I took her out to dinner that it wouldn’t change no matter what.  I can handle it though.  I mean, if I can learn seven languages and run a billion dollar corporation, surely I can handle a little romance, right?

Right?

Yes, Justin.  Yes you can, even if she’s not like the rest.

Her eyes flutter open.  “Hey,” she rasps.

A soft smile appears on her face.  She’s not sorry about last night.  She’s happy that she’s here, with me, in my bed.  

I’ve never been more thankful for anything in my life.  It’s strange.  I feel like some part of me, deep inside, has just been filled in.  It was hollow, empty before.  I don’t know how to explain this, why it’s happening so fast.  I mean me...someone who has refused to break down emotionally or give himself to somebody else, all for the sake of his career.  What is it about Abbey? Why can she just...break down my walls, see me for who I am?

I’m terrified.

“I gotta get ready for work.”  I lean in and kiss her forehead.  

“Shit, Austin.”  Her eyes widen and she practically leaps out of bed, and begins to gather her clothing.  “Shit.”

“Calm down.”  I slide out of bed, and don’t bother pulling on my clothes as I go up behind her, hugging her gently around the waist. “He’s suspended, remember?”  I laugh lightly, and give her neck a light kiss.

I close my eyes and breathe her in as long as she allows me to.  I want to keep her this way, in my arms...

I just...I have this crazy fear all of a sudden that she’ll slip away.  That’s silly too.  I mean, she’s right here.  With me.  

“Oh...yeah.” She laughs nervously, and finally pulls away from me.  “I...I forgot.”

She tries to busy herself by pulling on her clothes.  She’s barely finished getting her underwear on, before I approach her again.  “You okay?”  I cup her face in my hand and smile a little.  “I mean...about last night and everything?”

She begins to nibble on the corner of her lip.  “I...I think.”  She shakes her head a little.  “My head isn’t all together right now.”

I nod a little.  “Well, maybe we can talk later...tonight?”

“Sure.”

She isn’t smiling.  She’s fucking confused.  So am I, but I can hide it much better than she can.  “Abbey...”

“Look I...” she starts out before having to take a deep breath.  “It’s a lot...what we did.  I didn’t even think last night.  I just...I just went with the moment, Justin.  I have no idea if it was a smart move.  We have the boys to think about.”

I roll my eyes a little.  “Look at us.  Everything is fine.  We’re comfortable around each other.  It’s not like I just picked you up at some club.”

“Justin...we’re not even a couple,” she points out.  “I’m your nanny.  Your very emotionally distraught...nanny.””  

She begins to pull on the rest of her clothing and all I can do is stand here, still naked, trying to make sense of it all.  My mind immediately flashes back to a couple of days ago, when she was just my nanny and I was ordering her around like one of my many minions.  I mean, she has a point.  She has a point and I want to avoid that, but I won’t.  I need to be mature about this.  The last thing I want to do, is hurt her.

“What can I do?” I whisper.

She laughs a little bit.  “Go to work?” she shrugs.  “Go about your day like you normally would, and I’ll do the same.”

“What about tonight?”

She smoothes her hair back and gives me a tight smile.  “I guess we’ll figure that out when the time comes.”  She gives my shoulder a gentle pat as she attempts to walk about of my bedroom, but I can’t...I can’t go to work without knowing...just knowing...

Knowing if she really cares, or if she was just caught up in the moment.

“Justin,” she huffs when I gently grab her arm and pull her right back to me.  “What...”

I kiss her.  I kiss her even though its the morning, I haven’t brushed my teeth, and am positive my breath is nasty.  Then I pull back, and I see her smile.

“You’re insane,” she whispers it as wraps her arms around my neck and holds me close.  “But I think...I like it.”  She inches up on the tips of her toes so she can kiss me gently on the lips one more time.  Then she pulls away, giving me a little smile as she saunters over to my bedroom door.

“I’ll see you tonight,” I tell her.  “I’ll...I’ll try to be home in time for dinner.”

“That’ll be the shock of a lifetime,” she flashes me a sarcastic smile.  “I won’t hold my breath.”

“Hey, whatever,” I smirk.  

“I’ll see you out there.”

Then she’s out the door.  I hear Austin calling out her name a few moments later, and I know her day has started.  Mine needs to start too.  I have a meeting with some shareholders this morning and I need to be at my best.  It’s a quick transition into my work mindset.  I shower, shave, dress...the norm.  Then I’m in the kitchen, grabbing my usual protein shake from the refrigerator, as the boys eat breakfast with Abbey at the island.

“I thought you were going to come read to me last night,” Austin says.  “You never came in, Abbey.”

“Oh...”  Abbey’s eyes widen a little, and she takes the opportunity to guzzle her coffee while stealing the smallest glance in my direction.

 “I treated her to dinner,” I explain, quickly.

She looks relieved.

“You never do that kind of stuff,” he huffs.

I really hate that the kid is so smart.  “Well...she deserved it.  That’s how you reward the people in your life, when they do good things.”

“Oh.”

He looks down at his breakfast again.  I have no idea what he’s thinking about, but I won’t ask.  No, I’ll save myself an awkward confrontation with my brother if I can.  I finish my shake, and grab my briefcase off the back counter where Lucinda always leaves it for me.  “Y’all be good for Abbey, okay?”

They all look at me like I’ve lost it.  I mean, I guess I should expect that.  I never say goodbye.

Note to self, start being less of a jerk.

I give Davey’s hair a quick ruffle before I finally leave them.  Quincy is waiting in his usual spot by the front of my building when I get outside, and I smirk at him slightly as he holds the car door open for me.

“Morning, sah.”

“Hey, Quince.”

I get in, the door closes. I immediately put my blue tooth in my ear, and pull out my blackberry.  It’s the start of a new work day.  Business as usual.  

I put Abbey...sex with Abbey, far from my mind, because I have no other choice.

I have a phone conference with my accounting department, and my president of marketing, all before I get to the office.  The traffic is pretty horrendous in the morning, so I always have to do this. It’s better though.  I’d rather not clog so much of my office time up with phone conferences.  The office is already brimming full force by the time I step through the doors, but that’s the way I like it.  I want my people to arrive by seven.  I arrive by eight thirty, sometimes nine, and even though Trace hates it, I make him get here at six forty five to oversee attendance.

“Mornin’ Cheryl.”  I smirk slightly when I reach my inner office.  “Any messages?”

“Here you go,” she smiles pleasantly as she hands me a small pile of them.  “I heard the benefit was a success.  Congratulations, sir.”

“It was, thanks,” I nod as I begin to shuffle through the messages.

Then...my mind immediately refocuses itself back on Abbey.  Holding her, dancing with her.  Jesus, I can’t do this.  I can’t be thinking about her right now.  “Um...the speech,” I say quickly.  “You did a great job.”  I place my hand on the doorknob to my private office as I give her a professional smile.  “I’ll put a bonus in for you, okay?”

“Sir?” she chuckles and cocks her head to the side.  “I’ve written you dozens of speeches.”

“Well yeah...”

I realize that I’m not myself, even though I’ve been trying as hard as I can, not to stray from my usual behavior.  Cheryl can see right through it.  I mean, I’ve never appreciated her this much before, never given her a bonus for anything.

Again, because I’m a jerk.

“I mean you...you work hard for me,” I tell her.  “You deserve something extra.”

“I won’t complain, sir,” she gives me a sly smile, as if she knows there’s more to my mood.  “I appreciate it.”

I don’t say anything.  I just push my way into my office and close the door, immediately leaning my back against it and breathing out a heavy sigh.

Shit, what a morning.

“Since when do you forward your calls on a weeknight?”

I open my eyes.  Trace is sitting at my desk, his feet propped up on the top of it.  I frown.  “Could you not,” I mutter, staring at his feet.

He shrugs.  “I was trying to get a hold of you all last night,” he tells me as he takes his feet down from the desk.

Shit.  I mean, I thought twice about having my calls forwarded.  I knew people would be trying to contact me.  After all, it was Monday, the busiest day of the week, and we never cover everything we need to in a ten hour span.  I usually find myself on the phone with Trace for several hours afterward, unless we go out for drinks.

But last night, my mind just wasn’t focused on work.  It was focused on her and I didn’t want any interruptions.

It was the first time, ever, that I put business second.

“I was out, that’s all,” I tell him, as I take a seat in the chair in front of my desk.  “Was it important? You should have left a voicemail.”

He chuckles in annoyance.  “A voicemail huh? I’m your fucking business partner, Justin.  If I need to talk to you, it should take priority.  What were you even doing? I mean, did Danielle come back or something? If you say yes, I’ll understand.”

I should lie.  I should.  If it were anybody else, I know I would too.  But this is Trace, and even though we’re at work, and I hate to get too personal during business hours, he’s the best friend I have.  “I wasn’t with Danielle,” I tell him, not quite meeting his gaze.

He gets up from the chair, and circles around me for a moment, a shocked, queer smirk on his face.  “You were with the nanny,” he says, pointing his finger at me.  “Fuck, you were, weren’t you?”

I sigh and rub my face with my hands.  “It was just dinner.”

“Yeah, bullshit.”

He knows me too well.  

“You saw her in that dress and it got your dick in a fuckin’ knot,” he snickers.  “You know what though? I won’t blame you.  Hell, I’m not even annoyed with you anymore.  I get it.  You needed some, and I’m sure she was plenty willing,” he smiles.

I sigh because that’s not how Abbey is.  She’s not...easy, or some kind of slut who wanted to bang me because of my wealth and power.  I know that.  “It’s not like that with her,” I find myself telling him.

He laughs so loud.

“Trace...”

“Are you hearing yourself?” He says, still laughing at me.  “It’s not like that with her,” he mimics.  “What J, are you falling in love?”  He rolls his eyes.  “Give me a break.”

I shrug.  ‘I don’t know...I just...”

“Look you need to refocus,” he says to me, his laughter fading away.  “We have big shit coming up, and it’s bad enough having to handle your brothers.  You can’t afford to fall into some weird ass romantic thing with this Abbey girl.  She’s not going to get it.  You’re going to get busy, she’s going to get needier, and something shitty is going to happen. You know that as well as I do.”

He’s jumping the gun, and fuck, I wish he didn’t figure it out.  I wish he didn’t know me so damn well.  “I can handle it.” I say, pushing myself out of my chair.  “It’s not that serious.”

“Not yet,” he says.  “But I saw the way she looked at you at the benefit, and I saw the way you were holding her, like she was your whole damn world.  What’s going to happen when this Trump thing works out? Hell, I already told Syd...you know, she’s either going to have to pull Kristy out of school for a while, or handle me being gone all the time.  I’m not going to pass this up for anything, and if you’re smart, you won’t let anything stand in the way of it either.”

I shove my hands in my pockets and sigh a little bit.  “I think you’re blowing this out of proportion,” I mutter.  “We had some fun, that’s it.”

“Fine,” he tells me.  “Have fun then.  I’m not stopping you.  But it better not interfere with everything we’ve been busting our asses for.”

I sit down at my desk and he storms away, making sure to slam the door shut behind him.  Damn, he needs to get over himself.  He panics, that’s his problem.  He sees dollar signs. Lots of them, and he’s so scared that it’s not going to work, or that he’s not going to get some kind of credit.  Shit, I mean...lately I feel like he’s more into himself than ever.  

Ever since the boys came he’s just been so damn cocky.

It makes me wonder if something is going on, or...

Or if he’s trying to do something behind my back.

I can’t dwell on it.  I can’t.  Too much is happening right now, and I’m over thinking everything.  I knew this would happen.  I knew Abbey would complicate things, but that’s not her fault.  It’s mine for giving in, opening up.

But shit, I’m so damn...happy at the same time.

I get on the phone.  It’s my one comfort right now.  The one and only way I can escape my issues and delve deeply into the busy world of Wall Street...forget anything is wrong at all.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles justinandtrace executivej