Story Notes:
I never knew I had a dream, until that dream was you ~ Bon Jovi: Thank You For Loving Me
Author's Chapter Notes:
A do-over of a bsb slash drabble I wrote ages ago. The idea hit me for this challenge so I expanded. Hope you enjoy. :)

From the beginning, he had always been there. Sometimes right beside him, holding his hand and whispering that things would be alright, that it would take time. At other times across the room or stage, offering an encouraging nod and that famous grin; all he needed for a boost of confidence. And, at times, on the phone, his soft voice reassuring him during his deepest moments. Telling him that he could do this, and, yes, it was worth it. Through all the ups and downs, the ins and outs of their crazy life, he was the one he leaned on the most.

 

Which only made this time so much harder.

 

Watching the man he loved more than life itself walk down the long hallway leading to the plane that would take him so far away, he sagged into the nearby plastic chair. The heavy pain in his heart grew as the door swung shut, and, leaning up to catch a final glimpse of the head disappearing around the corner, he felt his heart break even more.

 

Finally gathering the strength to move, he walked slowly to the large window showing the tarmac. His eyes darted from plane to plane, attempting to find the one that was carrying his love away. Lightly touching the glass, he wondered for the millionth time why he had said goodbye. Why he had even tried to pretend it was expected.

 

"We both knew this was coming. Goodbye doesn't mean forever."

 

"It does when saying it hurts so bad."

 

Pressing his forehead against the window, he watched the nearest plane start to take off, tears flowing freely as he followed its progress into the sky. Closing his eyes, he ignored the people around him. Perhaps, if he stood there long enough, the pain would eat him alive. Quickly. For he knew that living without the man would be worse than death.

 

"I can't do it."

 

Whirling around, he slouched back against the window when he saw the man standing before him. Disbelief caused him to simply stare. The soft, dark brown curls. His mind was playing tricks on him. Those gloriously clear ocean blue eyes that always saw through to his soul. Merely the wishful thoughts of a delirious mind.

 

"I got on the plane. Got in my seat. Buckled my belt. Closed my eyes. Saw your face. And knew I couldn't leave you. Never." With each sentence, a step closer, until hands met shoulders, pulling him close to the body he knew so well. Lips crashed together, tongues melding as one in a kiss that sent his heart on a tailspin. "Never," he drawled again long moments later, breaking their kiss for only a second. "I can never leave you."

 

"You said goodbye," Justin reminded him in a whisper, his body trembling as he held the man close. Realizing that he was trembling as well.

 

"I take it back."

 

"Don't ever do this again--"

 

"Never. You've got me. Always," JC promised.


Completed
violet is the author of 10 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story