"Are you sure this is going to work?"

"Why wouldn't it?" The voice answered back.  "The plan is perfect. We've allowed for no errors, just as long as you do your part."

A lump swallowed. "Ok."

"Good." Eyes dart down the hallway. "Go."

The dark figure casted one last look at its accomplice before hurrying across the hall, hand hesitant on the door knob, a deep breath before twisting it open. Entering the room, completely silent, the figure moved slowly towards the massive bed situated in the center of the room. Another figure, presumable asleep, nestled under the covers. 

Paused at the foot of the bed, the intruder reached into their pocket and pulled out a vial of powder. Another quick look to the sleeping body before moving to the nightstand, they uncorked the small tube, eyes locked on the motionless man in the bed, and the contents were slowly dumped into the glass of water sitting beside the bed.

Slowly and as silently as they entered the room, the dark figure backed away from the bed and out of the room before letting out a breath. They turned their head in the direction to where they had only minutes ago left their partner. Eyes peered from the cracked doorway and dual nods were given.

It was done.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story