His four best friends find out the next day that you are gone. They sympathize with you, instead of him, because he had cheated on you, and they felt that you were one of them. Only one of the 5 knows where you went. He had to know, only because you and he are related, and he was concerned that you would do something drastic.

Over the next few months, you try to get on with you’re life, living in the hometown you had despised for so long. It feels like home to you for once. Maybe it’s because he is never in that city, or it’s because it holds no trace of the life you once led.

You’re friends help you cope with you’re heartache, but you can never go back to dating. There may have been men before him, but there will never be another after him. After all, you had shared you’re dreams with him, and he had gained you’re complete and utter trust, something you had never given another man.

The months are hard for you, and for him. You watch the shows that he and his friends appear on. He looks heartbroken, and old. Even though he broke you’re heart, you still love him, after all this time.

When he is asked if he and you are still together, and are still getting married, he shakes his head, and acts as if he’s about to cry. He can’t say anything, for if he does, he will break down.

You want to call him, to hear his sweet voice once again, but you can’t. He was a part of you’re life that was at first, the happiest time of your life, and the immense sorrow that you still feel. You can’t call him, because you know in you’re heart, you would forgive him again, and go back to the life you once had.

 

Hearing a knock on you’re door, you wonder who could be calling at this hour. Peeking through the hole in the door, you wonder what you’re cousin is doing there. "JC?" You ask, opening the door.

 

"Barb, you have got to call him, or do something." JC comes into the house, swiping at his buzzed hair.

 

"I can’t."

 

"Yes, you can. He’s going nuts without you." JC tells you, desperation in his voice.

 

"Why should I? So I can tell him that I forgive him again and that I still love him and go back to what I thought was a relationship?" You growl in anger.

 

"He changed." JC explains. "All those girls all that wasted time. He knows that he lost the best thing in the world, and he wishes he hadn’t done what he did."

 

"Aren’t you forgetting something?" You ask, anger in your voice. "The only reason he and I got together was because he was cheating on Danielle with me! He will never change!"

 

Tears now fall from you’re bloodshot eyes. The next thing you know, JC’s strong arms were wrapped around you, holding you close to him.

 

"Shh." JC whispers, rocking you back and forth.

 

"Why can’t I get over him?" You whimper. "Why did he even cheat on me in the first place?"

 

JC holds you as you cry for everything you lost. His love, his friendship, the wholeness you felt every time his lips touched yours. It hurts to think of the fact that if he hadn’t cheated on his first girlfriend with you, he might have never cheated on you either.

 

"I can’t go back Jace. I can’t." You sob into his shoulder.

 

"Why not?" The familiar voice whispers in your ear.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: lance