Story Notes:

Once again, I believe I took the challenge and bit off more than I could chew.  My idea for this story was simple but of course with me, it escalated. I recently went to Memphis, which most of you are aware, I included some of the things I seen and/or experience while there.

-Lightly based on the song “Hoodies On” by FreeSol, which will be their first single ;)

 

Tennessee, April 6, 2011

 

"... after the video shoot, it's promotional madness for Bad Teacher in Los Angeles, the press junket is Thursday, then  you have Saturday Night Live, and then you have to the promotional shots for Sony and Friends with Benefits, the summer is going to be nonstop for you..."

 

Justin dropped his Blackberry into the cup holder, listening to his manager continue rattling off things through the speakerphone.  He fiddled with his hat, adjusting his glasses for the twentieth time. 

He needed this break.

He was admittedly a workaholic. He enjoyed being nonstop, knowing he always had something to do comforted him in a weird way. His schedule wasn't his current issue.

It was him.

 His hands wrapped tightly around the wheel of the tiny rental car as it rolled to a stop. He glanced to his right and sees the sure sign that he was closer to home. This stop sign saved his sanity every single time. The General Store. A smile waved across his face. That store was the staple of his childhood, simpler times. It also meant he was closer to where he really wanted to be. Home.

 

"... You will have a couple free days once you're back but don't count on having anytime to get in the studio..." His manager continued to ramble.

 

He loved everything about this place.

He rolled down his window, breathing in the fresh Tennessee air, the smell of fresh cut grass rushed through his senses. As he rounded the corner of a familiar street, he stopped listening to anything his manager had to say, he was in the old neighborhood. He passed each house on the left and right of him slowly, taking in every detail again. The stone wall led him into the driveway of a place that comforted him.

Home.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story