There are only two times that Justin is extremely grumpy.

The first is if he doesn’t get his cereal in the first few minutes he wakes up. Eating the sugary breakfast is what helps him wake up in the morning. Without that sugar he’ll be uncharacteristically grumpy the rest of the day. Which is why the others make sure he gets his cereal as soon as he forces his eyelids open, just to ensure that they’d have a good day.

The only other time Justin is grumpy is when he is forced to be put on vocal rest. He hated vocal rest. For one, he couldn’t sing and that’s what he spent most of his days doing. Even on days off he’d be known to sing any song under the sun when he was in a good mood.

He also disliked that it gave Chris the opportunity to bug him constantly for a day with a sort of ‘free pass’ because Justin couldn’t do anything about it. His constant responses were either a glare or a salute of the middle finger. And Chris would do everything to get on Justin’s nerves for that one day, enough that Justin had the whole day to think up revenge for whenever Chris was put on vocal rest. So far Justin had a week’s worth of material to use.

He also really disliked being left out of things. Being on vocal rest had many limitations and most of them had to do with anything social. Being friends with Joey, the most social person of the group, was fun but it sucked on vocal rest. Justin couldn’t go partying with him or just hang out around Orlando or else he’d be sitting around, awkwardly smiling and not saying a word. He’d end up staying back at the compound or the hotel or whatever random place they called home at the time and watch TV, praying for a Lakers game or a good movie on TV.

But, after a while Justin grew to enjoy vocal rest. It was the only time he had peace and quiet and a place to himself to relax and do whatever he wanted. The best part, however, was that JC would stay with him and they would hang out like they used to, minus Justin talking. JC wasn’t a partier and it was those times that Justin liked vocal rest. He could sit and listen to JC talk about his worries, fears, anything. JC hardly opened up about his doubts and Justin was glad that JC would take the time to talk to him because he knew Justin would listen.

It made Justin feel special.

Chapter End Notes:
Review, review, review.

Completed
Mack_Attack22 is the author of 55 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Cookieman & Sprinkles III: Vocal Rest also liked 25 other stories.
This story is part of the series, JC and Justin. The previous story in the series is Cookieman & Sprinkles II: Leo. The next story in the series is Driving Lesson.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story