Tables Turn

We got back to LA three weeks ago and it's Justin's and Joey's birthday soon, our gift will be the biggest one yet. Hopefully, they'll love it. Tomorrow is a party for Nick, but I've chosen not to go and spend the night cuddling with Josh. Their party is tonight and I'm not showing yet, but I had a diagnostic ultrasound yesterday. We had set up an appointment to confirm the pregnancy with Dr. Muniz because Kelly recommended her, having seen her one other time since. The biggest surprise is what Josh won't even tell me-the sex and baby count, I also know he has something else on his mind. "Ready, beautiful mami?" he asks, hands on my hips soon after and pulls me closer.
"Almost, just wondering how they're gonna react," I admit, guiding his huge hands to my stomach and he rests his head on my shoulder.
"They'll most likely be over the top excited," he convincingly tells me, smiling and kissing the side of my neck.
"Yeah?"
"Yes." He grabs me by the hand and leads me downstairs. "Let's go."

I smooth my hands over my skirt and tug on the hem of my top, nervous habits from childhood. We're waiting for Justin and Joey to get to James' house, impatiently anticipating their surprise and Chris loudly whispers that they're pulling up brings me back to this moment. Josh and I hide in the kitchen, him pinning me to the wall and softly kissing me. "Lance?" I hear Joey call, having knocked on the door a minute before and not getting an answer. 
"Dude, don't move. Let me get the light here so we don't snap our necks trying to find him," Justin says.
The lights come on and we pop from our spots, smiling as we shout 'surprise' and 'happy birthday'. "You finally made it!" Chris jokes.
I chuckle, grabbing Joey's attention and he smiles at me. He quickly strides over and envelopes me in his arms, lifting me off the floor. "Put me down!" I demand, giggling.
"Joey, you've got to be gentle with her," James tells him.
After he puts me down and a few seconds of thought, his face lights up entirely. "Oh, no way! Really?" I nod to confirm it. "I'm so excited for you two!"
Justin hugs me, not thinking twice. "So, where are we going?"
"Staying here, J," I inform him.
"Why?"
"We have sensitive information for you and we want to be low key," Josh explains.
"What could be that personal? C, you're not planning to ask her are you?" he inquires, narrowing his eyes at Josh.
"Who knows?" he replies, shrugging his shoulders.
James grilled our dinner and we enjoy our discussion about Joey's girls. "We have a present for you two," he tells them, pulling out the gifts from his pocket he had brought with him.

Justin and Joey open them excitedly, seeing the sonogram pictures and smiling. Joey begins to scan his copy of it and silently counts. "Two?" 
"Yes," Josh says, nodding.
"Twins?" I ask.
"Yes, twins, mami."
I sit back and sigh. "How far, JC?" Justin asks.
"Two months. July 23."
"Six months to go," Joey calculates, cool and calm.
"You're having twins?!" Justin questions, appearing as excited as he had been when they got their first Moon Man.
"Yes, Justin, twins."
"Did you slap that ass or was it more like a grab?" Joey asks, exchanging a look with Chris.
"Joseph! Christopher!" I scold, shocked at the question.
"Slap, then grab," Josh confesses with a dirty smirk.
"Joshua!"
"Sorry, mami."
"Now I get why he's been calling you mami all evening!" Chris announces, smacking his own forehead.
Justin's phone beeps, indicating a text. "You cool with fuckhead's bandmates?" he rambles off.
"Yes, I'm alright with the other four guys and NKOTB." 
His head drops to his phone and he smiles at me. "They asked about you and I invited them over."
"If he comes with, there's gonna be heads rolling."

About an hour later, Justin disappears and returns with friends I haven't seen or spoken to in months. Kevin lifts me from my seat and hugs me. "Don't break her, she's needed," Justin informs them.
"I'm so happy for you!" Brian chirps, hugging me.
"A baby?" Howie excitedly inquires.
"Nah, triplets," AJ chimes in.
"Twins," Josh supplies.
"Just like Ange and I," Aaron comments, stepping out from behind Jordan with Ange.
"Oh, lawdy! I've missed you!"
He pulls me into a hug and he sniffles. "We've missed you like crazy and he's been miserable."
"Tough, I'm with Josh and will remain so."
"I'm so excited for you."

After spending the next 3 hours getting up to speed with Jordan, Danny, Aaron, AJ, Brian, Kevin, Howie, Mark, Joey Mac, Donnie, Jonathan and Angel, I began admitting my exhaustion. "You need your rest," Kevin reminds me, kissing my forehead near my hairline. 
"You have our numbers still?" AJ asks.
I whip out my cell and send a text containing a very unique smiley to them all at once, each smiling once they get it. "We'll keep in touch," Aaron promises.
"Nick isn't to have the digits," I command, watching them nod in agreement.
"Did he really beat you?" Jordan questions.
James shows them pictures of the damage that had been caused along with medical reports. "Believe me now?" AJ asks, motioning to the papers.
"I was there, too," Aaron reminds them, sliding his finger back and forth over a scar I don't recall him having on his shoulder before.
"That scar must be new," I say, touching it.
"Oh, yeah. From that day."
"What a bitch ass," I comment, shaking my head.
"You never said what sexes they are," Chris reminds him.
"I don't know yet, but when I do, you might," Josh says with a smile.

"What about the other announcement?" James tells him, nudging him in the side with his elbow.
"Oh! Thanks." He gets on one knee and pulls out a navy blue velvet box, unopened. "Would you be my wife?" My jaw drops, rendering me speechless and I can't form the word I so desperately want to. "Leilei? Please tell me you'll be my wife."
"Y-y-yes! Yes! Yes, I'd love to be your wife!" I stutter my reply.
He opens the box and slips the ring on my finger, my arms flying around his neck. "Aren't you going to look at it?"
"No, not right now," I answer him, locking my eyes on his and slipping my fingers between his.
"Can I have a kiss, mami?" he questions, playful about it and smirking.
"Of course not," I sarcastically remark, engulfing his lips with mine.

"Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" everyone exclaims as we kiss.
We pull apart, my face bright red and he's smiling gently from ear to ear with our foreheads touching. "That sealed the deal, I like the point of no return," he tells everyone.
"He's about to join our ranks," Kevin comments. 
"About damned time!" Joey shouts, his hands flying outward.
"Sweet! I'm not the only one new to the marriage ranks!" AJ jokes.
"The dad and husband ranks!" Howie announces, correcting his bandmate.
"I joined the husband rank last month," AJ reminds everyone.
"They're only engaged right now," Justin observes. "Let's not rush it. Congrats on the pregnancy and proposing." His smile is ginormous and he hugs us both, giddy about the babies more than the impending wedding. He rubs my belly and gets on his knees with his head next to it, hands on either side of my belly. "I'm your Uncle Justin. I love you two already. Don't worry, I'll save you from your dad's serious demeanor when I can and get you laughing. I can't wait to see you, little ones. No matter what, you're my nieces and I'll be there as best as I can," he promises the twins.
A smile slips onto my face, my hand rubs his head and I look at him. "Thank you, Justin. You'll be a great uncle."
"You're welcome." He gets off his knees and hugs me, leaving after placing a kiss to my cheek.
I end up getting a hug from each of them, I think that it totals 15 or so and climb the stairs with Josh in tow. "Are you excited, Minna?" he asks once we've showered and curled to one another, preparing to fall asleep.
"Nervous, excited and anxious."
"I can't wait to meet them."
"Bet you'll be scared to hold them."
"Maybe, but I'll have to get over that."
"Yeah." The house phone rings and I groan. "Who would call at this time?"
"It's only 9 here, it could be anyone," he reminds me, grabbing it from the charger. "Hello? Hey, Stacy. Yeah, we were getting ready to get some shut eye. Sure, hold on." He holds the phone out to me. "Stacy wants to talk to you."
"Ok?" I put it to my ear. "Hey, Stace."
She sniffles, choking back sobs. "I lost one of the babies."
"What do you mean?" I ask, not sure what she's talking about.
"You know how I had to get fertility help before?"
"Yeah?"
"We started with triplets and we just found out during the ultrasound that one died. It's early enough where the other 2 can absorb the remains."
"I'm so sorry."
"We still have twins, though," she half-heartedly laughs.
"I have good news for you," I announce.
"What?"
"We're having twins and the due date is July 23," I say, biting my bottom lip.
"Oh my goodness! I'm due three days after you!"
I smile. "We might go on the same day."
"You're going to try natural?" she inquires, shocked.
"Yes, but if something should go wrong, I'll let them do a C-section."
"Are you still having them here?"
"I have five and a half months to decide."
"You mean to convince your man."
"Something like that."
"Bring it up soon."
"Will do," I agree, yawning after.
"I'll let you get some sleep, seeing as I should do the same."
"Alright. Night."
"Night, sleep tight." 
I straddle Josh to put it on its charger and look down at him, he's half asleep. "Josh?"
"Hmmm?"
"Would you mind having the babies in Mississippi?"
"We can talk about it, weigh the pros and cons and decide in the next four months."
"Thank you." I lean forward and kiss him, curling my body to his side after. "I love you, Joshua."
"I love you, too, Leilei," he murmurs back.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story