Author's Chapter Notes:

it's been a minute sorry for the delay. 

Kara sat at her desk looking over some documents she had typed up for a budget meeting for the guys that was to be for later this afternoon with Johnny and the guys.  It was the final budget for the holiday concert that was to be performed in Disney for an ABC holiday concert special.

 

“Thank you for calling WEG group Kara Speak-Hello mom,” Kara said as she sat at her desk working.

“Hello darling how are you feeling today?” Margret asked her youngest.

“I’m good mom, how’s the weather up there in Jersey.”  Kara asked as she looked over some documents for an up-and-coming show for the guys, as well as a few groups Johnny asked Kara to schedule as a favor.

“It’s a little chilly up here, supposed to rain this weekend, how’s my granddaughter doing?” Margret asked.

“Carly is good she got her first marking period grades, and she got all A’s and yet she’s upset with the A- in math. “Kara said.

“Wait she gets all a’s and is upset over an A- in math?” Margret asked,

“Well as she told me and Josh that she wants to get principals honors not high honors.  And she missed it by that little minus.” Kara said.  As she put the phone on speaker seeing JC and Justin walking into her office as she was on the phone.

JC smiled as he saw Kara mouth the words “my mom” as she went to speaker on the phone.

“That girl needs to not be a dam perfectionist like you and learn how to live life and enjoy school. Is she at least going to the winter formal?” Margret asked.

“Yes mom she’s going to the formal, she got her dress made by one of the costume designers here from the tour per her request.  One of her and Bre’s friends designed their dresses instead of going to the shop for them being they wanted to save money and get something that they each want and not going to find it at the stores here.  I saw the design it’s definitely very classy and tasteful for Carly.” Kara said.

“Well, that’s good, and how’s my son-in-law doing?” Margret asked.

“I am good Mar, I mean mom.”  JC said with a smirk on his face.

“Oh hello sweetie, I didn’t know you were in Kara’s office just now.” Margret said.

“I just walked in to bring the mommy her snack and to give her a hug and kiss before we go back to rehearsals.” JC said into the phone.

“Ok son we will talk soon.” Margret said then to her daughter, “I will call tomorrow go eat and I love you and my granddaughters!”

“Love you too mom tell dad I will call him tonight.” Kara said and hung up the phone. She smiled as she got up and went to JC giving him a hug and kiss.

JC smiled as he put his hands on Kara’s belly and went to it, “Hello little lady how is you doing today?” he felt the baby kick and smiled as he got up.  “She is being active right now?”

Kara said, “Yeah she knows it’s feeding time, so she starts to move round.”

JC smiled as he put the bag of snacks down and sat in front of her as she investigated the bag. She pulled out the small peanut butter the graham crackers and the banana.  She then went to her fridge and took out the chocolate milk she bought on the way to work.  JC rolled his eyes as she sat down.

“What?” Kara asked as she opened the milk and got a small throw away plate from her desk drawer.

“Nothing.” JC said smiling as he watched Kara. He giggled as he saw her smile as she drank the milk.

Kara looked as she made a banana graham peanut butter sandwich and ate it. She then asked, “What the hell is so funny?”

JC said, “I love watching you snack and eat right now it’s cute.”

Kara rolled her eyes as she snacked.  She saw him looking at her food and said, “you know this doesn’t taste too bad, you want one?”

JC shook his head, “Nah I don’t want to take food form two of my favorite ladies.” He said

“Josh seriously, it’s okay, here,” Kara made one and handed him the snack.  He took a bite and smiled as she looked at him. “Good right?”

“Yeah, this is good.” JC said as he finished it and saw her finish her snack just leaving her milk.  He got up and said, “I will see you at 12:30 to go to the doctors.”

Kara smiled as she said, “Okay. “She got up went to him giving him a hug as best as she could with her now growing belly.”

JC smiled as he kissed her on the lips and said, “Love you Kar,” He walked out but then walked back in and went to Kara’s belly and said, “I love you to my little lady.” As he touched her stomach, he felt her kick him. Kind of the way to say, ‘dad leave me alone’ and ‘I love you too’.

Kara sat back down and went back to work.  She was in the middle of printing up her documents to bring to Johnny when she heard someone laughing at her as they stood there.  She knew the voice and said, “Hey Chris.” Kara said as she put down what she was reading and went to her laptop to start typing up an invoice.

“How did you know it was me?” He asked as he walked in.

Kara looked up and smiled as she pointed to her belly, “Maternal instincts, and I heard you walking down the hallway too.”  As she finished up her invoice and printed it.

“Man, I need to learn how to be more silent around you.” Chris said. He noticed how Kara was packing up and was getting ready to take her laptop bag, but he offered to carry it for her. “Here I got this mommy.” Chris said as he helped her.

“Thanks, I can get it,” Kara said then walked out of her office with Chris following her. They walked to the rehearsal studio to get JC to take her to their doctors’ appointment. “So how much longer until my partner in crime is born.”

“As of yesterday, I am officially 6 months pregnant. Three more to go and this little lady will be here.” Kara smiled as she felt the baby move again.

“Is she moving right now?” Chris asked as they walked into the recording studio. They walked in and Kara stood there.

“Yeah, a little, you want to feel?” She asked knowing he wouldn’t touch her at all.

“No way.” Chris said as he looked at her weird.

 

Lance laughed as he saw a look of pure terror on Chris’ face. “Dude it’s a baby it’s not going to jump out of her stomach and bite you.”

“Nah that’s alright…I don’t ‘want to intrude on her privacy.” Chris said but then felt Kara grab her hand.

“This is your niece, and you are not bothering me with my privacy. I am okay with you if you want to feel this.” Kara placed his hand on her stomach and told him to wait. Lance Joey and Justin all sat there watching the look of uncertainty on Chris’ face. Just then the baby kicked, and his eyes went as big as saucers.

“Woah, that’s frigging awesome!” he said moving his hands as he felt the baby kick again.

Kara laughed as she saw JC walk out of the booth seeing Chirs feeling his girl kick inside of Kara’s stomach. He stood there seeing the look on Chris’ face and how he was amazed at how it felt the baby moving inside of Kara.

“Pretty cool huh?” JC said as Chris pulled his hand away.

“it’s so cool to know there’s a baby inside her moving and growing and living.” Chris said becoming amazed at what he felt.

Kara smiled as she then said, “I am here to get daddy away from work to go to the doctor.”

JC smiled as he grabbed his keys and said, “And I am ready to go. Here let me carry that laptop bag and are you coming back or going home?”

“I will be going home because I need to get things ready for the parents coming this weekend, I want to make sure the house is clean and I am also in the mood for some Chicken/Eggplant pram, so I am going to cook it,” Kara said then corrected herself, “Well considering the all good from the doctor.”

JC laughed as he said, “sounds good.”

Joey and Justin were both looking at Kara like a pair of puppies begging for food once she said what she was going to make for dinner she rolled her eyes and smiled, “Justin you and Johnathan can come over and Joey I already called Kelly she’s meeting me at home to help cook so I don’t stay on my feet too much and all.” Kara smiled at Chris and Lance and said, “You boys are welcome over too just so long someone gets me some desert for tonight and the little lady and we will be happy to have you over.”

Lance smiled as he said, “deal, what does little lady crave tonight.”

Kara thought being she was post doctor. She smiled, “Cheesecake, and anything but the smores kind. Not a fan of that one.”

Lance smiled as he wrote this down on the list.

Kara walked out of the studio room and went to the hallway. 

JC smiled as he said, “you guys think she knows about the baby shower this weekend?”

The guys looked at JC and said, “if she does, she’s hiding it really well.” Lance spoke up.

“Don’t matter she will be thrilled and excited to see her family all together for this.” Joey said then said, “Time for baby doctors apt go dad.”

JC smiled as he walked out with his coat and keys in his hand. Time to see how his beautiful wife and little lady were doing.

 

Later Kara was at home cooking dinner. She was in a good mood as she saw that her and her little girl were doing well and if all went right the baby would be here by late March or Early April.  Baby was doing very well as was he mom. 

JC got praise from the doctor being he was taking extremely good care of Kara and making sure she exercised and ate at the right times as well as the right foods, well most of the time, she was allowed one bad thing a day and even at that she didn’t eat that much of it. The doctor and Kara laughed knowing by the end that would all change.

Kara turned up the music as she continued to get her sauce going for tonight’s feast.  She smiled as she danced along while getting out the chicken and eggplant, she fried up the night before knowing she was cooking tonight. As she was dancing, she heard Carly and Breanne walk in.

“Mom, I’m home and Bre’s with me.” Carly called as she walked into the house. 

Bre smiled as she smelled what she knew was being made for dinner.
“Oh man I love your mom’s cooking!” she said.

Carly laughed as she knew Bre had a knack for cooking and was good at it too. “I know you want to go help her let’s go.”

Bre smiled as they walked into the kitchen and saw Kara adding a little seasoning to her sauce and dancing as best, she could with her now growing belly. She went back into the hallway to grab the cupcakes she made for her mom and dad as well as Carly, but she made a few especially for Kara being she knew she loved them when she made them for the baby reveal.  Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  She put them in a box and wrapped them to give to her as a treat.

Kara turned around and saw the two sitting at the counter.  She smiled as she said, “Hello ladies, how was school today?”

“Good, I got an A+ on my math test, finally” Carly said going to the fridge to grab a soda for her and Bre.

“I got a B+ but I’m happy with that being the math teacher is a ball buster.” Bre said smiling.

“Well done ladies.” Kara said as she was cooking.  She noticed Bre itching to get on her side and help and do what she found a passion for…cooking.

“Hey bre can you start the water and check and see how the sauce is going I need to sit a minute.” Kara said as she sat on the chair she had set up for her to relax in.

Bre’s face lit right up as she went to the stove and checked the sauce.  She tasted it and smiled as she said, “It’s very good can I add one little thing to it to get it a little more flavor?”

Kara smiled as she said, “It’s all your chef Bre,” Kara got up and went to her pantry to the side and gave Bre an apron to wear. “I leave you in charge of this dinner.”

Carly smiled as she saw Bre’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.  She washed her hands and went right into her zone getting everything ready for dinner.  

Carly smiled as she then saw Kara get up to get the dishes to set the table and said, “Rest up mom, I will set the table.”

Kara didn’t argue and she said, “Ok, what can I do then ladies.”

“Go and watch tv or something, we’ve got dinner tonight.”  Bre said as she went to work in the kitchen.

Kara got up and went to the living room to sit down and watch tv. Just as she sat down she heard the door open and saw JC walk in with the gang in tow.

“Hey babe,” JC said as he set his keys in the bowl at the door.

Kara smiled as she sat down, “Hey babe,”

JC went to Kara gave her a fast kiss on the lips and saw her relaxing. “What’s going on.”

“Not much, Got kicked out of the kitchen by the girls, they gave me the night off and are cooking dinner.” Kara said.

Joey laughed as he knew Bre loved to cook. “she took over your kitchen now too?”

“Yeah but it’s fine, she loves doing this so we will let her test her skills on us to see how she does.” Kara said.

“If she makes this better than my grandmas’ cobbler then you are in deep Kara.” Justin said.

“Wait she made your grandma’s cobbler?” Kara asked,

“Oh yea she did and it was best I had in forever.” Justin said sitting there.

“Don’t tell your mom that or your grandma as well” Chris said.

They all sat there talking, and having a good time. Kara was feeling a little useless and got up to go try and help in the kitchen.

She laughed as she went to the table to set it only to have Carly and JC see her.  “Stop and go rest! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you are going to act like you feel useless, no go and bother Chris or whatever.” Carly said.

“But-“ Kara was cut off by JC

JC pulled her in and kissed her, “Go rest we have this for now. Tomorrow you can make breakfast for us all, okay now go rest.”

Kara sighed and went to the living room and sat in what was now known as her spot in the living room.  She felt the baby kick and smiled down at her stomach.

“Okay I will listen to them and relax little lady.” She said rubbing her belly.

The guys all were in their own world talking before dinner and Kara just sat back and enjoyed the conversations that were going on.

Smiling she sat back and felt love of her family all around and enjoyed the night.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc