I slowly opened my eyes and looked for my wife. When I didn’t see her, I pushed the button to contact the nurse. I coughed and tried to fix my pillow but I felt like I couldn’t move without parts of my body hurting like crazy.

 

“Mr. Timberlake…no moving.” I heard.

 

I turned my head and saw my nurse. She’s still beautiful. Her name was Taylor Mackey and I’d known her forever. She walked in and adjusted my pillows so I was more comfortable. I looked at her and smiled.

 

“Thank you.” I said.

 

“No problem Sugar! How ya feelin’ today?” she asked.

 

“Sore…all over. And…have you seen my wi…Britany?” I asked.

 

She smirked.

 

“Um…I believe Mrs. Spears-Timberlake left after you went to sleep last night.”

 

“Oh, she did! Well…do…” I was interrupted.

 

“Justy! I’m back!” I heard.

 

I smiled tightly as Britany pushed Taylor outta the way. Taylor shook her head and started to check all the machines then wrote down all the data. She’s such an amazing person…I still love her so much.

 

“I’m gonna go get you some breakfast…I think it’s your favorite this morning. Be right back.” Taylor said smiling at me.

 

Britany looked at her.

 

“Oh, he’s fine! I brought him something…outside of the hospital.” said Britany.

 

“Why would you do that? You know I can’t have that. Let her do her job.” I said.

 

“Then I wasted my money on you for nothing? That’s not fair Justy!” she whined.

 

“She could get fired if I eat what you brought me.” I said.

 

“So! Maybe she should…It’s not fair that I wasted my money.” Britany said folding her arms.

 

“Um…I’m just gonna go get the doctor.” Taylor said butting in.

 

Taylor shook her head and left the room. I looked at Britany then shook my head as well. She sucked her teeth and groaned.

 

“What? Why were you defending that girl?” she asked.

 

“She’s keeping me healthy. She’s a cool nurse.” I said.

 

Britany rolled her eyes and waved it off.

 

“Anyway, I want you outta here.”

 

“Britany, I gotta stay for a few more days.”

 

“Why?” she complained.

 

“Because I’m sick!” I said.

 

“So! You can go home!”

 

“I need to be monitored.”

 

“I can watch you.”

 

“Like you did last night?” I accused.

 

“What are you talking about? I stayed here all night. I just left this morning to get you some food.”

 

“You left last night…Taylor told me.” I said.

 

Britany rolled her eyes and was about to say something when the door opened and my doctor along with Taylor walked in. He smiled and Britany folded her arms and glared at Taylor.

 

“Justin, how ya feelin’?” asked my doctor.

 

“Sore.” Taylor and I said.

 

We looked at each other and busted out laughing. I miss being with her…she got me so well. The doctor shook his head at us and then chuckled.

 

“Really now? Did you sleep okay?”

 

“Like a baby.” I said.

 

“A big baby.” muttered Taylor.

 

I stuck my tongue out at her and she did the same.

 

“Yeah, yeah…I sleep like a rock.”

 

“Who you telling’? I tried to take your vitals last night and you were pure dead weight.” Taylor said.

Chapter End Notes:
:) tell me what you think


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin