Author's Chapter Notes:
Shortest chapter ever. I'm sorry. I'll make up for it later.

I woke up to him staring at me. 

 

Fucking. 

 

Staring at. 

 

Me.

 

"Get out of my face, Justin." I grunted.

 

"Well, that's no way to speak to the man who took care of you all night, princess." He was leaned against the footboard of the bed directly in front of me, one leg drawn up to his chest, the other splayed out in front of him. He looked arrogant, per usual. I wondered what it would take to wipe that smirk off his face.

 

"Why is it that every time I see you, I get a new nickname?" I tried to lean up, but my head felt like a brick. I groaned when I settled back into the pillow. It was a comfortable pillow. Although, it did smell slightly of cigarette smoke. Points off for that. 

 

"Yea, you smacked your head pretty hard against the sidewalk last night." He said upon noticing my discomfort. "Lucky for you I was there. I picked you up, put you in more comfortable clothes, hydrated you, tucked you in to bed, sang you to sleep. You know, the usual white knight stuff." 

 

"I hit my head?" I tried again to lean against the headboard. This time I was successful. I tried to mirror his stance to be funny, but my limbs didn't seem to work. Was it possible I had hit my had so hard that my arms were no longer useful? Had I rendered myself a quadriplegic? Probably not because quad meant four and I only had two arms. Why was I doing math so early in the morning?

 

He ignored me. "Okay, so I didn't really sing you to sleep. You passed out hard before that could happen, but all the other stuff is completely true."

 

". . .We slept in the same bed?" 

 

"Don't look at me like that, Belle. You asked for it."

 

". . I asked if we could sleep in the same bed?"

 

"You asked me to stay with you last night. Connect the dots. You really aren't that bright the morning after your drug binges."

 

Another thought crossed my mind. "Did we. . "

 

"Cuddle? You passed out pretty hard on me, so yea. But don't worry, I let you be the big spoon all night." He winked at me. Geez, even at 10 a.m. he was trying to charm my pants off. Besides, there was no way I was the big spoon all night. His shoulders are far too broad for my arms to wrap around. Assuming, of course, my arms even served a purpose anymore." 

 

I wanted to fight him and let him know that last night was definitely not a binge, but my head hurt so bad that I let it go. I wasn't skilled at small talk with Justin. I felt like I was in the twighlight zone. I would've tried to pinch myself to find out if this moment was real, but the throbbing in my head was enough to assure me. That and I was in the same bed as Justin Timberlake. My dreams would never include being in the same bed as Justin Timberlake. 

 

I didn't know what else to say, so I said nothing for a while. We just sat there looking at each other from opposite ends of his bed. His buzz cut was growing out awkwardly, round rather than square, and completely curly. He was about two weeks away from looking unbearably silly. I wanted to inform of this fact, but I was too dehydrated to talk. I also wanted to ask him for water, but there was a chance he would say no and I didn't want to risk what little saliva I could conjure up only to get shut down. I refused to add anymore negativities to my morning. I was already waking up, for the second time, in the bed of someone I fully despised.

 

I was trying to piece together the night before. Which is actually something I am growing quite accustomed to recently, especially involving Justin. His bed was seemingly becoming more of a home to me than my own. I was waiting for him to offer me coffee and eggs again. This time I wouldn't run away because, well, I didn't think I physically could. You try running with limp arms.  Also, food sounds really great.  Plus, I didn't mind the silence so much. It was becoming less and less awkward the more we tried it out. His nasally voice wasn't hurting my head, which was a huge positive, and it was actually beginning to feel like a game. A game that I was taking too much joy in participating in. I was just going to sit back, settle in, and wait for him to lose. And then I would tell him how I like my eggs.

 

"Soooo, do you need me to drive you home? Or there's a bus line a block away. . " He looked at me completely seriously and I tried very hard to keep my mouth from falling open. Perhaps, I shouldn't have gotten settled in so soon.

 

"Um, I. . . " I had gone from speaking full sentences to mere syllables. I wasn't aware you could start regressing at twenty-three.

 

"Actually, I have company coming over pretty soon and I still have to clean up." He jumped out of his own bed, "Uh, but I can pay your bus fare."

 

"Uh. ." I wasn't sure of the last time I exhaled. My face was probably red, and ironically enough, that wasn't even my main concern. 

 

What the hell does he mean he has company coming over? It's ten in the fucking morning. What a lame excuse to get someone out of his bed. Whatever happened to honesty? I wanted to yell at him, but I wasn't currently breathing enough for that to happen. He doesn't get to treat me like some obsessed fan girl. I didn't go home with him on purpose. He and I didn't sleep together, so he doesn't get to treat this like a one night stand. Unless he was lying and we did sleep together, which is a thought process I can't get into right now. In fact, I was treated better as a one night stand than I'm being treated as a guest. Rude. 

 

I mean, Im not saying I would like my own silk bathrobe here, but I would like to have the option of staying. I would like to have the option of staying so that I can have the option of turning it down. And right now, I would like to take that option and shove it up his ass. 

 

I swear, I am never letting Tay supply the party ever again. Somehow this is all her fault. Will I accept her money and go through my own dealer? Absolutely. But here on this asshole's bed I solemnly swear never to inhale, smoke, eat, freebase, or drink anything she has gotten without my help ever again. Okay, well, I suppose I could still drink some shit she gets on her own. After all, how much could she fuck that up? It's all pre-bottled. But I stand by everything else I mentioned.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story