Story Notes:
I offered up ficlets on tumblr, and someone asked for JC. I found a picture that I liked and just wrote. This is what came out.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Educible banner
It was everywhere, every time he went there. He chuckled to himself, remembering a particular day of filming when he was 16. His character had to roll around in the sand and proclaim his love for it. The funny thing was, until that day he didn’t mind it. But after 20 takes of rolling around in it, he was starting to get tired of it. Even more so when it took at least two weeks for it to finally all leave places he couldn’t fathom how it got there in the first place, since he had been wearing a wetsuit.

There was a photog a few yards down from where he was making his way to the water. He frowned more out of habit than a change in mood. He pulled even with the pap, and offered a thin smile. He just wanted to be left alone.

Once he reached the water, he stood there for a moment, just staring out at the Atlantic, letting the waves wash over his feet. LA was good and all, but he really only loved this beach, here in Miami, because it felt more like home. Maybe because the rest of his family were just a few hours drive from here, or maybe just because he was an East Coaster originally, and he returned here, year after year, to celebrate the holidays and the change in calendar. It just felt right, coming home and watching the years go by.

Completed
Dawn Dustings is the author of 24 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story