“Bye Howie.” Joey hugs him tightly. Howie pats his back. “Miss ya man. Do keep in contact with us k?”

“Totally man. See ya Beck.” He hugs her lightly kissing her cheek. She lightly blushes. “And C my man.” He hugs him too along with his new friends AJ, Nick, and Justin. “Where is Jordyn?”

“I don’t know.” Nick looks at the doors. “She said…” He looks closely and can see her running down the hall. She burst through the doors panting and hurrying over. “There she is.” Jordyn smiles.

“Sorry. Gay men kissing are really hot.” Jordyn hugs Howie tightly and pecks his cheek. “Good luck man.”

“Yeah. I’ll miss all of you.” Howie pulls back and the cab pulls up. “I’m going to see my family first then go find a place out in the country ya know? I’ll send letters and everything.” Howie opens the back door to the cab and throws his things in. He said bye to the docs already. He waves to all his friends before getting in and driving away from the place he’s been stuck in for far too long. He’ll miss them but knows he’ll see them all again.

“I’ve been here a month right?” Everyone looks over at Jordyn.

“Yeah. Why?” Nick steps up behind her. She shrugged.

“Just that Lance said I’d be heading out soon.” She walks back toward the doors. A big, “Whoa there!” stops her from proceeding.

“You’re leaving so soon?” She turns around and nods.

“They all say that I’m having great progress and if everything goes well I’ll be out in like a few weeks.” Nick hid the fact he didn’t want her to leave him. He acted cool about it.

“That’s great.” Jc said softly. Jordyn wasn’t sure how she should be feeling. They all were a little hesitant. Either they were all happy or all sad or a mix. Who knew? Jordyn turns back around and heads into the building. She goes into her room and sits on her bed. She wasn’t ready to leave but she wanted to get out of here. She was better, well almost. Seeing a therapist was a high priority Lance told her. The other docs agreed. She knew this moth wasn’t going to be much. With the way they reacted to the news, all friends she made might just distance themselves since they just met and it was pointless. She didn’t know what she would do once she got out.

“Jordyn?” Nick pokes his head into the room. She looks up and waves him in. He sits down next to her quietly. “So you’re really leaving. That quick?”

“That quick. Guess we’re over.” Nick holds her hands.

“Hell no.” Jordyn looks at him. “That doesn’t stop us. You never know I might be getting out this year then we can meet back up somewhere. You’ll write us right? We’ll all miss ya.” Nick kisses her hard and she kisses him back. That answered her question.

*

“Um…” Jordyn was lightly laughing thinking it all a joke. “Nuh-uh. Seriously?”

“Yes its all yours. Your parents didn’t change anything. Since Levi’s gone its all yours.” That lawyer dude was sort of cute. He had the strangest name though, and for a guy. Ashley Angel or another.

“So… I’m rich once I get out?” He nods. “Shit!” He hands her the will and she reads over it several times before handing it back. “Its true.”

“Yep. Congrats. We’ll get everything settled out.” He stands and leaves the room with a wave. Jordyn stared off into space. Brian laughed.

“Wow big shock huh?” He barley nods her head. “Well you might just get what you want after all. Heard Howie was looking for a place out in the country. Weren’t you too?” He nods lightly again. “Well I can see where this might take ya.”

“Yeah.”

*

One month later, and she is out. “That was quick. Two months. Maybe I made a record.” Nick shrugged.

“Well if you did congrats on that too.” It was late at night. Jordyn would be gone in the morning and Nick wanted to say his good bye now. They were outside, thanks to Chris, lying in the grass staring at the stars. “Pretty out.”

“Yeah.”

“So what’s your plan?”

“Go back to my old house and move everything to an apartment, once I find one, then find out where Howie’s out and get a place in the country together.” Jordyn rolls over and lies down atop Nick. “When yal get out your going to come and move in with us. We can have a mental farm!” Nick laughs and puts his arms around Jordyn kissing her. “I love you Nick. I know it’s only been two months, but I really do.”

“I love you too.” Nick and Jordyn kissed for a long while before going back inside. It started to rain.

THE END! ©NsyncLanceFan and BeccaChan 2009


Completed
NsyncLanceFan is the author of 23 other stories.
Becca Chan is the author of 3 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Basket Cases. The next story in the series is BC Part 2.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story