Jordyn wanders down the hall. She’s wearing all black and is getting plenty of stares from people walking past her. Everyone says away. Yeah, they better. Might kill them too. She knows this place is supposed to help with her anger management problems she’s battled with her whole life. Killing her parents was what made her finally get sent here. She didn’t mean it, but doesn’t regret it at the same time. People here listened to rumors, even if true, and get scared from it. It’s what humans do. Jordyn wanted to become a Psychiatrist and help those like her. You need to worry about yourself, before everyone else. She rounds a corner and sees that guy who was dissing her brother earlier. She was suddenly filled with this anger, but she takes a deep breath and counts to five before continuing down the hall with her hands deep in her pockets.

Aj stops talking and stares at Jordyn as she walks past. He can see she is sad, but hiding anger. “Hey chick!” Jordyn stops and look at him. “So Levi’s your twin bro?”

“What’s it to ya?” She grumbles. “Want to diss me too?”

“No I don’t.” She frowns. “I’m… sorry about what happened to him. Nicks like my little brother and I got carried away.” Jordyn sighs.

“I shouldn’t have beaten you up. I’m sorry, but you deserved it.” Aj nods, and the guy by him nodded too. Jordyn looks back at the ground and continues back down the hall. Aj turns back to his friend and continues to talk. The guy turns and watches as she walks down the hall. She looks back, her long red hair falling into her eyes. She can see a cross tattoo on his arm. The boy smiles at her, waving. She doesn’t perceive it and hurries on her way. She reaches the back door and opens it up, walking out into the dark back yard. The moon is shinning and reflecting off the pool. There was a fence around it; most likely so no one tried to drown him or herself when no one was around. Jordyn continues on out, crossing her arms and covering her fingers with her very long sleeves. She follows a trail and watches the moon, listening closely to the owls and frogs and crickets that were out.

She didn’t know she wasn’t supposed to go outside at night. People inside were freaking out about it.

“Rebecca, have you seen your roommate?” She shakes her head. Kevin swears inwardly and hurries off. She cocks her head to the side.

“Lance!” He skids to a stop and looks into her room. “What’s going on?”

“She’s missing.” Lance hurries back down the hall and her friends come into her room.

“You okay Beck? If that’s okay we call you that.” She nods. “Heard your roomy tried to escape.”

“I have a feeling she didn’t try anything. Look yal.” Howie points out the window. They all look out to see a small figure lying in the grass and staring into the stars.

“Why did people freak out?” Rebecca looks over at Joey.

“We aren’t allowed outside. Guess she wasn’t told, and someone didn’t lock a door.”

“She doesn’t seem to want to hurt anyone. She doesn’t have some rodent and stabbing it.” Howie chuckles and looks over at Jc. He is frowning and he stops. “Sorry, but she wouldn’t run off. Has no where to go.”

“Lance!” He comes kidding to a stop by the door again.

“Boys, I’m a little busy right now.” He runs back down the hall.

“We know where she is!” He stops and walks back in. “Look.” Lance walks over and peaks out the window. He sighs with relief. “I don’t think anyone told her we aren’t allowed out at night, and the door must have not been locked yet.”

“Thanks guys.” He pats Joey’s back and heads down the hall. Lance makes an announcement that he found her and goes on outside. He walks down the path and watches Jordyn for a second. She was asleep. He walks up to her and runs a hand across her forehead, brushing the hair away. She sighs and turns her head towards Lance, but is still asleep. Lance bends over and puts his arms under her body and lifts her up. She sighs and buries her face into his chest. He smiles and carries her inside. He takes her upstairs into her room.

“Be quiet guys. Jordyn needs her sleep. Long day.” He lays her in her bed and covers her with a sheet. Jc notices her shirtsleeves go up. Her arms are thin… just like his. He shies away near the window. He wasn’t alone.

“Hey Lance?” Jc goes out into the hall after him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. What is it?” Jc looks back at Jordyn.

“Is she… anorexic?” Lance sighs and looks at her as well.

“She has barely been eating since the day she found out Levi shot himself. She just has other problems as well that she has been battling for many years now.” Lance takes a deep breath. “Levi’s death pushed her over the edge.”

“I guess her and I have something in common.”

“You can help each other out man.” Lance pats his shoulder. “Remember our deal; gain a pound each week and I’ll add an hour onto your studio time.” Jc nods and sighs. “It’s hard, I know. But you’ve got friends here.”

“Thanks Bass.” Jc chuckles and goes to his own room. Lance hurries on his way. Howie and Joey soon leave as well, going to their room and heading to bed. Rebecca climbs into her bed and stares at Jordyn. She likes that name, but wonders: How does she spell it?

The next day, they were all at breakfast. Jc stares at his plate and Rebecca looks at him funny. “Hey, why aren’t you eating?” She pokes his shoulder with her fork, waving a piece of greasy sausage in his face. “Yummy fat.” Jc flinches away. Jordyn comes over with a tiny juice and sits next him.

“That’s why I’m not eating it; it’s fatty.”

“Jc come on. I thought you were over this.” Howie looks at him closely. “Did you take your meds yet?” Jc sighs.

“Your always on my case.”

“What meds?” Rebecca looks over at Jc, and then sees Jordyn staring at his arm. She looks too, and sees his BONY hand sticking out from a sleeve. She nods. “I get it.”

“I took it Howie, okay? I’m just…”

“I’m like you too.” Jordyn looks at Jc’s face. “Your not alone. Why do you do it?”

“Everyone calls me fat back home, and its true. And docs say the med should be helping.”

“I haven’t had a descent meal sine Levi shot himself.” She crushed her juice can and Rebecca jumps back at the sudden snap. She’s strong for being anorexic. “That’s been over a week.”

“I’ve been thin for months now.”

“Wow.” The table goes quiet and they all finish eating silently. Jc goes to the studio after breakfast and Jordyn goes for a long walk. Rebecca hangs out with Joey and Howie at the basketball court. They are shooting hoops, when a guy comes walking on. He bears a cross tattoo on his shoulder, and has a little fuzz for hair. He sits down next to Rebecca who shies away. She really didn’t want to be out here, but Joey and Howie insisted.

“Hi.” He says. “What your name?”

Rebecca doesn’t respond.

“People call me J. You can call me Justin, if you want.” He growls in a sexy tone and Rebecca runs onto the court. She grabs onto Howie.

“Beck, we just…” Rebecca points over at Justin and he drops the ball, walking over.

“Hey Howie. What’s up?” He looks up at Howie, squinting in the sunlight and shields his eyes.

“What did you do to her?” Howie is very defensive about it. Joey walks over and stands behind him.

“Nothing man. Nothin’ she can’t handle. Or is she just a scared little girl who needs her mommy?” He chuckles and Joey pushes Howie aside, grabbing Justin’s shirt and yanking him to his feet. “I’m not hurting anyone now am I?”

“Joe…” Howie starts. Joey shoves him back.

“Don’t you talk about her like that.” Rebecca watches in horror. She sees Jordyn coming out of the trees, staring at the ground.

“I didn’t say anything, did I…Beck?” He shakes his head a little and laughs. Joey is now fuming. Jordyn looks up.

“Don’t mess with me Juju.” Justin hisses and shoves at Joey who stumbles back and drops him.

“Don’t call me that Fatone!” He yells, fixing his shirt. “And you stretched out the fabric on this.” Joey holds up his fists. Howie holds Rebecca back. Jordyn starts to run over. “Want to fight? You got it. I’m just doing this in self-defense.” He puts up his fists and a crowd forms around them, canting ‘fight’. Inside Lance and Kevin are talking when Chris comes down the stairs. He hears the chanting from the landing window and gasp when he sees the fight forming. He runs down the stairs and grabs Lance and Kevin. Jordyn reached the court and pulls up her sleeves, pushing her way through. She reaches the middle and sees Joe swing at Justin, who ducks. She grabs Justin, pulling him out of the way. Right when she does this Joey swings again and hits Jordyn, square in the jaw. She stumbles back and Joey stands their scared.

“Oh my god.” Joey drops his hands and stares at Jordyn. “I didn’t…”

“Damn Joe you hit a girl!” Justin cries out, worried. Jordyn stood, holding her jaw and glaring at Joey with daggers.

“One… two… three… four...” She takes a deep breath. Chris, Kevin, and Lance break the crowd up and take hold of Joey and Justin.

“Did they hurt you?” Jordan took another deep breath and Lance put a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m,” She clenches her teeth. “I’ll be fine.” She shoves Lance off of her and walks inside. Chris and Kevin take the two boys inside and Nick watches from the door. He was let out early and he looks at his friend Aj who was standing there shocked.

“What I miss?” Aj walks up to him.

“Oh, just the new girl got hit in the jaw by angry Fatone cause J decided to edge him on.”

“We’ve got to work on that.” Nick picks up the abandoned basketball. “Want to shoot some hoops?”

“Sure.” They walk to the court. “We all got to work on it Nick and from the way Jordyn, that’s her name, was counting she has anger problems just like us.”

“She did kill her parents with a lamp, from what I heard. She must be nuts.”

“Not as bad as you Carter.” Howie glares at him. He looks over and watches him take a horrified Rebecca inside. He sighs.

“I’m sorry Beck.” He calls. He doesn’t know if she heard or not. People with these anger problems never were liked or understood by those who didn’t or denied it. It sucked, but some listened. Some had little angry here and there. Nick, Aj, and Justin were different. It kind of ruled their life and it would be a while before they could work it out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story