Becca didn’t know what made her able to speak freely to Jordyn. That had been the most she had been able to say to anyone in years. She curls up in her corner and thinks for a good long while, about how she had found herself here. A few hours later Howie comes to pick her up. It was time for group sessions. Becca gets up and goes up the two floors with him to their group session. They pass by the anger management group on their way and Becca waves at Joey who’s in there with Jordyn and the rest of the anger management people. She and Howie get to the next room where their group meeting is held. Jc is already waiting there and he has a rather excited look on his face.

“What’s got you in such a good mood?” Howie asks. He and Becca go into the room and sit next to Jc.

“I finished a song. I think it’s gonna be really good when put with music.” Jc says smiling broadly. Becca claps her hand happily and smiles.

“Well now that we’re all settled in we can begin.” Says Kevin who runs the social anxiety group. He takes out a clipboard and pen and begins writing. “Jc why don’t you start?”

*

“Nick why don’t you start since the last meeting ended before we could get to you?” Chris asks. He runs the anger management group. Nick shrugs and folds his arms up.

“No thanks. I don’t really have that much to say.” He says. He doesn’t feel particularly talkative today. Chris nods and makes a note on the paper.

“Alright then. How about you Jordyn? You seem to be getting along with a few people here. How are things going with you and your roommate?” He asks. Jordyn looks up from the floor and shrugs.

“I don’t know. I can’t say I get along with everyone here.” She says. “I like a few people here and all.” She takes this opportunity to glance at Nick who flashes a grin. “But the thing is that I’m not sure I’d say that I’m making a ton of friends here, and as for Becca? Heh. Well I like her okay but it gets kinda annoying when almost all the guys are drooling over her.” Chris feels his cheeks go a little red and Joey’s face twitches a little. But nobody is paying much attention to that.

“Would you care to elaborate on that?” Chris asks. Jordan looks up at him.

“Why? I thought we were supposed to be focusing on our anger problems? Not the love lives of our roommates.” She says almost sarcastically.

“Yes that is the main focus of the group session. But I’m just curious by what you mean by that.” Chris says looking at Justin and Nick. “And I’m sure I’m not the only one who is.” Jordyn shrugs again and continues speaking.

“Well it’s pretty obvious. I mean really you don’t need to be a genius to figure that out.” She says. “I mean look at her and Joey.” She turns to face Joey who’s trying to hold back a fit of rage at this point. “You’re always calling her princess and treating her like one. Not just you. Howie also is acting like her escort. But I think that with him it’s more of a big brother little sister thing. And we have Nick and Justin who have already tried to hit on her. And then we have you Chris.” Chris looks shocked and Jordyn rolls her eyes. “Oh please don’t try to deny it. We all know you like her. It’s like I said almost every guy here is drooling over her though why is completely beyond me. I mean all that time she spends with Jc and it’s all to obvious that those two are an item or at least soon to be one. For crying out loud Jc needs to just fuck her already. It would probably do them both some good to get laid.” She’s about to say more but Joey stand up knocking his chair over.

“DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT ABOUT HER!” He shouts. Chris stands up.

“Joey listen calm down.” He tries to talk reasonably but by this time he’s turning red from embarrassment; his secret’s out. Joey turns to face him. He’s in a red-hot rage and desperately wants to punch Chris right in the face but the last thing he wants is to have the hospital staff on his ass. He doesn’t know why but he’s always been the jealous type of guy. It’s the main reason that he’s in this hospital in the first place. He’s already lost one girl to another guy and he doesn’t want to lose Becca. Without thinking he raises his fist and swings towards Chris only he doesn’t hit. Or he hits all right but not what he expected…

“AAAAGH MOTHER FUCK!” Jordyn screams and falls to the floor clutching her nose. She had run in front of Joey in order to intervene and had ended up being punched in the nose. She grabs at her nose that is spurting blood. Nick explodes and with an enraged scream charges at Joey only to be stopped by Kevin who heard the racket coming from the other room and came to see what was going on. Two nurses take Joey away to solitary confinement. Nick is taken to his room and Jordyn runs from the room passing by Jc and Becca who had come into the hall out of curiosity. Becca sees the blood and covers her mouth. She only heard the muffled yelling but couldn’t figure out what exactly they were saying. Jc had gone out to get something for Kevin and had heard everything.

Am I really in love with her? He thinks. I’ve liked her from the start but I didn’t think it was anything more than that. He looks over at Becca who’s crying. He goes over to her and hugs her. When Kevin comes back from taking Joey and Nick to their rooms Jc goes up to him.

“Hey Kevin I’m gonna go take Beck to her room.” He says. “I think that little fiasco freaked her out a bit.” Kevin nods. “And do you think I could talk to you privately for a bit?” Kevin nods again.

“Sure. I’ll just pencil you in for this evening after you and the others are done with cleanup duty.” He says. Jc looks a little confused. “That’s right I forgot to tell you. You, Becca, Howie, AJ, and Nick and Joey (once they get out of solitary) will be having cleanup duty for the next two weeks. Don’t ask me why. Apparently people thought that it would be a good idea for you all to work together. I personally don’t know what it’ll accomplish but oh well.” Jc nods and takes Becca up to her room.

“Just get some sleep princess.” He says as he watches her get under the covers. “Tomorrow will be a better day.” He then goes and walks down to Kevin’s office.

“So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?” Kevin asks as Jc sits down in the chair on the other side of his desk.

“I’ve just been wondering about those things that Jordyn said. About me wanting to fuck Becca.” Jc says biting his lip. Kevin nods. “I don’t know if I have those kinds of feelings for her or not. I like her and all but I’m not sure if I like her in that way.” Kevin looks thoughtful for a bit and then nods again.

“I don’t know about wanting to sleep with her but if you want my honest opinion I definitely think that there was some truth to what Jordyn said.” He finally says after a short pause. “I don’t think that every guy here is drooling over her per say, but I think that at least a couple guys here find her attractive. We’ve already found out who two of them are. I don’t think Becca realizes it though. As for you two as an item I think that there is some chemistry even though you may not realize it.” Jc nods and bites his lip.

“It’s just that she’s still a kid and I don’t want to do anything like that to her. And how do I know she likes me back? I mean as far as looks go? I mean I’m not exactly the best looking guy in the world.” Jc looks at his bony hands. Kevin rolls his eyes.

“For crying out loud Jc it’s obvious that she likes you. Why else would she be hanging out with you? Besides Jordyn can be pretty blunt with the way she says things. I wouldn’t let it get to you. If it really bothers you then talk to Rebecca. I know she’s not really the talkative type but maybe she’ll open up to you. She’s already starting to talk a little more to other people in general. Maybe you two can help each other with recovery.” He says. Jc nods again and gets up. Before leaving he stops at the door and turns around.

“How long is Joe going to be in solitary?” He asks. Kevin sighs.

“Probably about a week. Shame though. He was doing really well. He needs to learn that jealousy doesn’t help anything. I’m probably going to be having a talk with him as well as with Chris. He’s been bummed out all day.” He says tiredly.

“Okay.” Jc says. “It’s just that I was wondering if it would be okay with you if Becca stayed with me for that week since Joey’s not going to be in our room. And she probably isn’t going to want to be in the same room with Jordyn after what happened.” Kevin thinks about it for a bit.

“I don’t see why not. Now you’d better get going. It’s almost bedtime and you mentioned something during group about wanting to get back into the studio for a bit.” He says.

“Yeah.” Jc replies. “Remember that song that Levi and I had been working on before…” Jc pauses. He doesn’t need to say anymore.

“Yeah I remember it. What about it?”

“Well I’m going back to it. It’s been only a couple of weeks since Levi’s death but things are happening so quickly that…” Jc stops again. Kevin doesn’t pry any further. He doesn’t need to. Jc nods to him, then leaves for the studio.

Dear angel of mine where do I start to express how I feel?

Lance and Brian come into Kevin’s office a few minutes later. Kevin looks up from his papers.

“Hey guys. What’s on your minds?” He asks smiling. His smile fades though when he sees the concerned look on Lance’s face.

“I’m looking for Jordyn. She broke her nose during that little scuffle with Joey and we haven’t been able to find her. She’s going to need to have it bandaged. You wouldn’t happen to know where she is?” Lance asks. Kevin shakes his head.

“No I’m afraid I haven’t seen her. Have you tried outside? The interns often forget to lock the doors at night.” He says. Lance nods and then leaves. Brian stays behind.

“So I saw Jc heading down to Rebecca’s room.” He says. “I guess there really is some chemistry between them.” Kevin smiles.

“Yeah I think maybe that they can help each other out a bit. If not a lot.” He says. Brian nods and heads out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story