Jordyn walks down the dirt road tears stinging her eyes. “God I just… uhg she knows how much of a tomboy I am! I’m not into this girl stuff. Buying a wedding dress is one thing, but god she just went all out and I had to go along with it.” Jordyn wipes her eyes and feels rain hit her head. “I don’t want to go back their. They will all yell at me for what I did and make me apologize. I didn’t mean to punch her I wanted to hit Jc!” Jordyn keeps going down the dirt road and turns off walking into the grassy field. No one owned it.

Nick grabs a raincoat. He finds a flashlight in the kitchen drawer and heads out to his truck. “Nick what the hell are you doing?” Chris yells. He loves watching thunderstorms so he was sitting on the porch. Nick gets into his truck and backs up.

“I’m going to go find the girl who can get sick in this weather!” He drives off and Chris shakes his head.

“Just like some movie scene.” There is a crack of lightning. “Alright!”

Nick goes down the road and rolls down the front windows searching on both sides of the road and in front of him for where Jordyn could be. He sees a figure off in the grassy field. It’s standing one minute, then it falls down.

“Shit!” He takes a sharp right and drives out into the field. He just hopes he doesn’t run over anything or anyone. He sees the figure better and knows its Jordyn. She is waving her hands in the air and is soaked. “Jordyn what the hell is your problem?” Nick jumps out of his truck after shutting it off. Jordyn looks up. “You can get sick just lying here in the wet and cold!”

“So?” She drops her head back down in the grass. “I deserve it don’t I?” Nick walks over looking down at her. Her clothes are stuck to her body.

“No you don’t. Look, you snapped okay? Justin snapped and nearly killed himself and you don’t see us yelling at him. You hit Becca-”

“I meant to hit Jc god damn it!” Jordyn yells waving her hands in the air again.

“Yeah that’s even better. You snapped Jordyn I get it, now get in the damn truck and come back with me so you can tell Becca ‘I meant to hit Jc not you’.”

“No! Then everyone will make me apologize for what the hell I said when I meant every word!” Nick groans rubbing his face.

“God Jordyn you are so freakin’ stubborn. Go back and tell her that you didn’t mean to yell but you meant what you said. You didn’t have to be so mean to her!”

“Fuck off Nick seriously.” Nick is fuming and reaches down grabbing Jordyn’s arm. He jerks her up to her feet.

“Come on.” He drags her back to the truck. She struggles against his strong grip.

“Nick your hurting me!” She keeps pulling her arm back but Nick keeps jerking her arm forward. She drives her feet into the group and pulls back grabbing at Nick’s hand. “Let me go Nick!”

“No you’re coming back!” Nick jerks her forward and she slips tumbling forward. Nick was off to her side; she swings around landed against the truck hitting her face into the metal. She stumbles back holding her forehead that’s has a cut on it. “God damn it now look what you did!”

“What I did? WHAT I DID? God damn it if you weren’t jerking on me so much I wouldn’t have hit my fucking head on your fucking truck.” Nick storms back over to her. There is another crack of lightning.

“Get in the damn truck!” Nick points at his truck. Jordyn shakes her head.

“Not when your gonna probably beat the hell out of me!” Nick is about to grab her arm again. Another crack of lightning and it blinds Nick. He covers his eyes and blinks a few times. He looks up and Jordyn’s on the ground.

“Holy shit!” He rushes to her side. Its dark out and he can’t tell what is hurt or not. She isn’t breathing and she doesn’t have a pulse. “Oh my god Jordyn!” Nick begins to do CPR. “Come on Jordyn stay with me please!” He didn’t really expect that lightning could hit the ground in these parts but anything can happen. He tilts her head back giving two breaths. “God damn it Jordyn please!” He keeps doing CPR and breaths, but he still doesn’t get a response. “Please!” He starts to feel tears in his eyes but he shakes them away. “Come on breath, breath!” He gives another two breaths.

After several minutes of doing this he still doesn’t have a sign of life. He chokes a sob and pulls his hands away from her chest. “No. You can’t be dead. No, no I love you Jordyn please!” He buries his face in her chest. “God I’m sorry I yelled at you I’m sorry I made you hit your head I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry!” He looks at her face putting his hands on her cheeks. “Please wake up!” He leans down kissing her lips several times. He puts his face back into her chest and sobs holding her hand. He doesn’t want to move away from her.

His ear is to her chest and the rain gets harder. He hears thumping and wishes for the rain to stop. The thumping continues and he puts hand over her heart crying harder into her neck. He feels the thumping right under his hand.

“What?” He pulls himself together and puts his ear to her heart, hearing a faint beat. He smiles. “Come on Jordyn!” He begins CPR again and gives her two rescues breaths. Suddenly she gasps and starts to cough. “Oh my god…” Tears and rain roll down his face. Jordyn sits up still coughing. She gasps and keeps taking deep breaths in.

“Nick I got…” She gasps and Nick hugs her tightly putting his face into her chest.

“Oh god Jordyn, please don’t ever scare me like that again please!” Jordyn puts her hands on his back.

“I didn’t… mean to… get hit… by lightning… ya know.” She is gasping between words.

“I know but god I thought I lost you. I did CPR for so long and you didn’t wake up and I was crying then I felt your heart beating and I started up again. God I wasn’t ready to loose you I love you so much!” He kisses her neck and wraps his arms around her.

“I love… you… too Nick… I’m… sorry for… everything…” Nick helps her up.

“Come on we have to get you to a hospital.” He puts her into the truck and covers her with blankets he has in the tiny back seats. She still is gasping. “Take deep breaths and don’t talk okay?” She nods and he drives his truck out of the field and down the road. He reaches the hospital and helps her inside. They rush her into the emergency room not knowing what damage had happened. The doctors were shocked from Nick’s story.

“That is crazy but I believe it. You saved her life…” He trails off and leaves him in the waiting room. He sits there and a nurse brings him some coffee patting his shoulder. About an hour later a doctor calls Nick to him.

“Well?” The doctor smiles.

“She has some burns on her body but they aren’t serious. We had to prescribe some asthma medication for her lungs. It seems she has a past history of asthma and when she got into shape and began to work out more it went away.” Nick nods along. “We want her to use her nebulizer twice daily, until her medication for it runs out. If she is still having problems, she has a portable inhaler that she needs to take WHEN NEEDED.” Nick nods and the doctor leads him into her room. He now can see that her arms and legs were bandaged. “We want to keep her over night just in case.” The doctor leaves and Nick sits down by Jordyn.

“Did you call the guys?” Nick shakes his head. “You should.” She was speaking in whisper.

“I’ll tell them when I get back. I just wanted to see you before I left.” Nick reaches out and holds onto Jordyn’s hand. “You should be better by the time the wedding comes.”

“The wedding.” Jordyn’s speaks louder and her voice is raspy, like she is losing it. “Doc said I might have voice problems until my lungs heal up.”

“Did he saying anything about like physical activity? Ya know like running, lifting weights, sex.” Jordyn chuckles and starts coughing again.

“Don’t make me laugh.” Nick holds her hand tighter. “He said I need as much rest I can for the next couple of days. Even walking up the stairs could be hard for me. I just slowly need to get back into moving around.” Nick thinks she sounds like a smoker.

“So no sex.” Jordyn shakes her head looking at Nick. “Bummer.”

“Doc also said that a boy out in the waiting room saved my life.” Nick nods. “Thank you.”

“I don’t want to lose you. I was… screaming out I’m sorry hoping God would bring you back.” Jordyn tugs on Nick’s arm and he stands up walking closer to her.

“I love you so much Nick. You care a lot about me. Will ya be my boyfriend again so I can have someone to dance with at the wedding?” Nick leans over and kisses her. She kisses him back and he holds her other hand.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing.” He kisses her some more and rubs his nose against hers lightly. “Get some sleep baby. I’m gonna head back now.” Jordyn nods and Nick tucks her in before shutting off the light as he leaves the room.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story