“She’s cried herself to sleep now.” Jc said tiredly walking down into the living room. Nick had just got back and was playing tug-o-war with the pugs. Everyone heard the news about Jordyn but they think she deserved it but at the same time didn’t.

“Jordyn meant to hit you not her.” Nick said. “She snapped. She didn’t mean to but Becca did have it coming. She didn’t have to yell but…”

“I know.” Jc sighed sitting in a chair near the rabbit cage taking out one of the baby bunnies. Becca insisted that the baby bunnies and their mothers be kept inside until the babies were old enough. It squeaked but settled down once it realized that Jc was not going to eat it.

“On the bright side of things.” Nick said cheerfully. “AJ should be back by Monday. That ought to cheer everyone up.”

“I hope you’re right.” Jc said putting the bunny back in the cage where it hopped back to its mother. “Becca said she’s going to go to the hospital tomorrow and apologize to Jordyn.”

“I’m not so sure if she should.” Nick commented. “Jordyn was still a little pissed at her when I last talked to her but I could be wrong. Anyways we should all be getting a little sleep.”

“Yup. Night Nick.”

“Night Jayce.”

*

The next morning Becca went into the hospital. She had taken the bus since Jc had to go to work and everyone else was busy. The hospital was fairly quiet. Then again it was the medical unit and not the emergency room. She suspected that if she had gone one floor down she would have found herself in a huge sea of people with various injuries and ailments. This place was close to Las Vegas after all.

“Can I help you hun?” Asked a nurse who was sitting at the front desk. Becca nodded.

“Yes I’m here to see a patient. Jordyn Wood. Is she here?” Becca asked. The nurse nodded looking at her strangely.

“Yes she’s here; room 215, right down the hall and to the right. Try to keep your visit brief though. She’s still recovering from her little tumble with the lighting bolt and she needs rest. Are you sure you’re feeling okay hun? You sound like you might be sick.”

“Yes ma’am. I’m alright.” Becca said embarrassed that the woman had noticed her voice. She walked quickly down to the room and tapped lightly on the door.

“Becca hurry up and get in here I can see you from my bed. Yeash girl knock louder next time I’m practically deaf.” Jordyn’s voice was extremely raspy but she got the gist of it. Becca jumped a bit but nodded and went into the room sitting down in a chair next to Jordyn’s bed. Jordyn was watching House on the TV.

“I wanted to apologize… about what I did.” Becca said.

“I don’t want to.” Jordyn replied, her voice now a whisper so it was clearer.

“I got ahead of myself. I disrespected you and did not respect your wishes. I know you’re not a very girly girl and it was selfish of me to expect differently of you. Please forgive me.”

Jordyn looked at Becca with one eyebrow raised.

“I accept your apology but understand that I won’t apologize for what I said. I meant every word of it. As for your nose I meant to hit Jc not you.”

“I had it coming though. I was being a total bridezilla. Ugh.” Becca shuddered a little at the thought.

“So is that all you wanted to say to me?” Jordyn asked. Becca shook her head.

“No. I also wanted to tell you that AJ knows for sure when he’ll be out of St. Margaret’s. Next Monday.”

“Good. I’ll be sure to get out of here by then.” Jordyn chuckled. Becca smiled and left.

*

The next Monday AJ finally arrived. He spent his first day of freedom with Justin assisting him in his various shenanigans, much to the irritation of many of the other residences of the house.

“We’re never gonna get any sleep.” Joey groaned hitting his head on the table.

Jordyn came out of the hospital the next day. She was a bit disappointed that AJ beat her back to the house but she was still pleased to find her friend well. Things were a tad tense for a couple of days due to the argument but eventually all was forgiven – Jordyn’s stubbornness finally left.

Finally much to everyone’s relief the day of the wedding finally came. Becca made sure to stay on Jordyn’s good side for the remainder of the days leading up to it. And Jordyn wore her own nice feminine tux, as she called it, cause it was more… fitting on her body. The wedding itself went smoothly. Joey being the closest thing to a father figure that Becca had gave her away, and the ceremony was kept short and sweet. The only minor incontinence at the ceremony was when AJ yelled for Jc and Becca to get a room when they kissed.

“I’m impressed at how quick the ceremony went.” Howie said taking another sip of champagne.

“Yeah. Lets just hope that everyone remains under control.” Lance murmured. “There’s alcohol here and we have some people who not only are unable to drink it because of medications but also Joey, Nick, and AJ can’t have any because of their anger problems.”

Thankfully a fiasco was avoided and the day went smoothly. At least it did up until two uninvited guests showed up.

*

“Rebecca?” Becca turned around from talking to her guests to see her parents standing behind her. Her face went pale.

“Aren’t you glad to see us Becky?” Said her father. “We’re here to take you home. You’re husband can come if he wants but we want you home.” Jordyn was surprised and angry that these people had the gall to show up.

“Why did you come here?” Becca asked her voice trembling slightly. Her mother smiled a bit though even a fool could tell she was faking it.

“Sweetheart, we want to take you back home. We love you. We can help you with your education and you can help us out with our jobs.”

“No.” Becca said firmly. “I’m done with you. You’re only talking to me because you think that I’m not a freak anymore. The truth of the matter is that you’ve always disapproved of me and ignored me. Now you come here and expect me to just forgive you and come home? No. My home is here. With my husband and friends. Now go. You are not welcome here.” And with that she turned and walked back to Jc who hugged her glaring at her parents who left in shame.

“Well finally she grows a spine.” Jordyn grumbled dancing with Nick. He knew people were staring at two people wearing tuxes, one of them a female, but as long as he could have his hand low on her hip he was fine.

“She’s just one of those people who just needs a good trigger.” Nick said shrugging. “Do you know where they’re going to be for the next three months?”

“I don’t know. Jc mentioned something about staying in New England for a while. Possibly the Oregon coast.” Jordyn said simply not really caring one way or another. “But enough about them. Wanna wake the whole house up tonight?”

“Sounds like fun.” Nick grinned licking Jordyn’s neck. He would have liked seeing her in that gown Becca had chosen, but when she told him before the wedding that she didn’t have any boxers on… damn he couldn’t care less as long as she was naked sooner.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story