Three months later…

*

“And she isn’t pregnant congrats Jc!” Jc grumbles something under his breath as he gets out of the car. Becca blushes and is also glad of that.

“You just have to welcome us like that don’t you?” Jc says but he smiles and hugs Jordyn anyways.

“Love ya too man.” Jordyn goes over and hugs Becca. “Have a good time?”

“Yes. I think we sort of made the neighbors angry though.”

“How so?”

“We were loud.” Jc says holding onto his wife’s hand. Jordyn shutters and heads inside with them her arm still around Becca’s neck. The others are inside and they greet them with hugs and a few kisses. Lance, Brian, and Chris all headed back to the hospital. They still send emails.

Jordyn fixes up a nice BBQ for them all and they sit around outside eating steak, corn on the cob, salad, and watermelon.

“So me and Becca have something to say.” Jc starts up, his arm around Becca’s waist.

“God damn it she is pregnant.” Becca goes wide-eyed and Jc shakes his head fast.

“No, no, no!” He chuckles. “Her and I are going to buy a house not far from here.”

“It has a little barn in the back yard and I was hoping we could have bunnies in it.” Jordyn chuckles.

“Take ours please they basically belong to you.” Becca smiles and hugs her quickly before snuggling back into Jc.

“Well me and Justin are going to get an apartment in town and work on our college degrees.” AJ smiles. “He wants to go into law and I want to become a police officer.” Howie snorts.

“Dear god.” Justin hits him on the back of the head.

“Well I know I’m staying here with my horses.” Jordyn takes a bite of her corn on the cob. “If I ever move it’s going to be large land more out in the grassy part of Nevada and it’s going to become a horse farm. Call it some fancy ranch name.”

“Instead of Dorough and Wood Ranch?” Howie stabs his salad with his fork. “Well I’m staying here for a long time, raise up my cattle. Man I’ve always wanted to become a singer and I have been writing songs for a while now. If I can just record it and try to get someone to work for me as a manager.”

“Hey sounds like Jc here.” Becca pokes Jc’s side. “He wants to go solo.” Jc shrugs.

“Its just like Howie - I can’t record any of my stuff yet.”

“You guys will just keep trying.” Nick is sitting next to Jordyn his hand rubbing her thigh, his other hand holding his corn on the cob to his mouth.

*

The next day Jc goes out to make the deal with the house final. Becca starts to pack her things over at her aunt and uncles and Jordyn helps her bring in over to the ranch.

“Well, its final. A nice payment every month and it will be paid off in like two or so years.” Becca shrugs.

“Hey as long as I can be with you I’m happy.” She puts her arms around his waist. He smiles and kisses her holding her face. AJ and Justin headed into town to find an apartment and to register for school. Becca also would be going to college, since she finished high school a year early, and she was registered already. She had a scholarship to the university in Las Vegas and would be doing her schooling online – easier that way.

*

About a week later Nick watched as Jc got the last of his things packed. AJ and Justin start packing. They found a place together near the college.

Nick still didn’t know what he was going to do with his life. He liked music and loved acting, but he also loved working with animals. Jordyn’s ideas of what she wanted to do slowly began changing. She seemed to write music and short stories a lot more. She also changed into getting her bachelors degree in psychology.

“Why are things changing? I know we’ll all stay friends but…” Jordyn leans over and kisses him.

“Its okay Nick. It’s hard to find what you want to do with your life. My plans are changing too.” She runs her hand up and down his bare chest. “I don’t want to be a psychiatrist anymore.”

“Haven’t you been writing?” Jordyn nods. “Hey I have to tell you something.” Nick rolls onto his side looking down at Jordyn. “I was driving around yesterday and I ran across this large piece of land. It has a house and a barn, but also a good large field and forest.” Jordyn nods and rubs his arm slowly.

“What about it?”

“Well it’s for sale, and it’s a very nice piece of land. Since I don’t have the money but I’m dating a person who does…” Jordyn laughs and he pins her to the bed. “Want to get it and live together?”

“Well…” He kisses her neck and rubs her hip. “I was thinking about installing a recording studio here but we could put it in the new house. I can help Howie and Jc get something going.” Nick laughs and kisses her over and over again.

“So it’s a yes?” Jordyn nods and he pulls off her shorts. “Just for that you get some of the best oral sex you can ever receive.”

*

“Why would you want a recording studio?” Howie stirs his coffee. Jc walks into the kitchen.

“Well I write music is that so wrong? I helped finish that song Levi and Jc wrote. Jc says it was just like Levi being there – we both write stuff. Why do you think I’m always at the piano when I’m not studying?”

“Or writing random stuff on your laptop.” Jc was fixing some coffee. “Would you let us use it?”

“That’s also why I want to do it so I can help get you guys some careers. And your married you have to support her till she can get a job!” Jordyn points a finger at Jc who nods his head slowly sitting down at the table. “Besides I need to have a place that’s just me and Nick.”

“Well as long as you get those damn horses from me and let me use the recording studio for free I’ll be happy.” Howie leans back tilting his chair.

“Why would I make money off of you Howie?” She smiles and stands walking from the kitchen. She goes out and sits on the porch holding her stomach her eyes closed. Nick pulls up in the driveway.

“Hey baby! I met with the dealer and no one else seems to want the place.” He jumps onto the porch and sits next to her. “Tell Howie and Jc yet?”

“Yeah and they are happy.” Jordyn wasn’t smiling.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well… Nick there is another reason why I want to have a house that isn’t full of people.” Nick puts his arm on the back of the porch swing and puts his hand on her stomach rubbing small circles there with his thumb.

“What’s that?” Jordyn smiles and opens her eyes. She about to say it when she feels a kick and Nick goes wide-eyed staring at her stomach for a while. “Your… your um… your…” Jordyn nods her head and Nick looks in her eyes. “For how long?” His voice is soft.

“Three months. That night of Becca and Jc’s wedding?” Nick puts his forehead on Jordyn’s shoulder groaning.

“I can’t believe it.”

“Are you mad?” Nick looks at her and puts both hands on her face kissing her.

“How can I be mad when the woman I’m madly in love with and about to buy a giant farm with is pregnant with my child?” Jordyn smiles and feels tears in her eyes. “Don’t cry.”

“I wish I wasn’t but it’s the hormones.” Nick wipes them away and hugs her rubbing her back.

That night at dinner was there last night all together before tomorrow. Jc and Becca would be moving out, AJ and Justin too. It has been one long week.

“Um… I have an announcement to make before we all start eating.” Jordyn waves her hand in the air and they all look at her. “Well first congrats to Becca and Jc for finally leaving this hell hole.” They chuckle and hold each other’s hands. “And AJ and Justin on their new apartments. Hopefully they will be good for this community.” They smile and Nick nudges her to get to the point. “But also me and Nick have something to say.”

“We already know you found a farm up in the hills.” Howie says. “Why announce it again?”

“That’s not it.” Nick says. “Jordyn you tell them.” They all stare at Jordyn who takes a deep breath.

“I’m pregnant.” Jaw’s drop. Jordyn Wood pregnant?!

THE END! ©NsyncLanceFan and BeccaChan 2009


Completed
NsyncLanceFan is the author of 23 other stories.
Becca Chan is the author of 3 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Basket Cases. The previous story in the series is BC Part 1. The next story in the series is BC Part 3.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story