Jordyn was sitting on her bed reading. Her cell phone rang and she answers it without looking at the caller ID. “Ello? Mad woman answering.”

“Jordyn?” Justin’s voice came over the line. Jordan dropped her book to her bed sitting up fast. He sounded like he was crying.

“Justin what is it?”

“I can’t go on. I just… its all too hard for me.” He breaks down crying and Jordyn covers her mouth. She runs down the hall bursting into the guest bedroom where Brian and Lance were half naked.

“Oh god its Justin and he sounds like he wants to kill himself.” Lance scrambles up taking the phone. Jordyn stood their worrying.

“Justin? This is Dr. Bass. Remember, Lance?” Justin sniffles.

“What are you doing with Jordyn’s cell?”

“Long story. Talk to me Justin, what is wrong?”

“I just, I can’t stand anything anymore. I went to see all my family and … and… they all just yelled at me.” Justin sobs and Lance tries to calm him down. “They want me dead so I’ll give them that. I can’t stand it anymore!”

“Justin, listen to me. Do not kill yourself there is so much more you can have in this world. You have many friends here who care about you, and your family will come around.”

“No they won’t! And no one cares about me…” Justin suffers from severe depression. When Kevin met Justin, he was cutting himself saying everyone hated him. He did hear about his history, his family abusive and all thought he was a freak because of his mental state. Kevin was able to get Justin to understand that many people love him and that someday his family will come to terms with Justin’s depression and treat him right. He put him on some depression medication and he was released.

“Justin are you on your medication that Kevin gave you?”

“I ran out about a week ago.” Justin is sobbing through the phone. Lance understands now: his family will always be abusive to him. He just wants someone to love him and be his family but he doesn’t understand that family doesn’t have to be blood related.

“Justin, you have a family here. Jordyn, Nick, Jc, Joey, Becca, Howie. They all care about you and love you like a brother. Your family is disturbed and they will never understand what depression is and I feel sorry that they will never know the real you like your friends have.” Something touched Justin because he stopped crying and he turned back on his truck. He was parked near a cliff of all places.

“Okay. Okay, I’ll…. I’ll come back. I’m about… I think a half an hour from the farm. I am just… scared ya know?” He sniffles.

“I know your scared Justin but get here and we will all be waiting for you.”

“Okay. I’ll see ya.” He shuts his phone off and begins the drive back. Lance gives the phone back to Jordyn, telling her to get everyone outside so that they can welcome Justin. She does as she is told.

They all wait outside and in the distance they see Justin’s truck coming up the driveway. His face is wet when he gets out of the car and the first person to hug him was Jordyn. She ran to him putting her arms around his neck not wanting to let him go. He was a lot like a brother to her; she didn’t want to lose him like she did Levi. She was beginning to think Levi suffered from severe depression as well.

“Your gonna be okay Juju.” She whispers into his ear. The others come over and hug him in a group hug. Afterwards Chris takes Justin into the kitchen were he makes up some cocoa and they talk late into the night.

Becca stayed the night in Jc’s room, both of them holding each other tightly. Jordyn never went to bed; she was just worried about Justin. Her mood switched from ‘I hate all men’ to ‘god I’m worried about everyone’. One thing she has problems with: her mood swings. And she is on the pill, so it isn’t her period. She’s thinking about going off of it. There is a knock at her door around midnight.

“Come.” Joey walks in and shuts the door behind him, staying by the door. “What is it Joe?”

“I think we need to stop this.”

“What do you mean?”

“You still love Nick I can tell. You and I had great sex, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see a future with you. We don’t have a relationship beyond friends ya know?” Jordyn sits there stunned.

“Joey I really thought-”

“Yeah I did too… until Nick came back and it seems your ending your rebound and want to fix things. Even if you deny it I know okay? We are only to be friends. Got to end it cause its hurting a lot more then we intended.” Joey leaves and Jordyn lies back staring at the ceiling.

“Yep, can’t hold a relationship.” She still was in her ‘worried about everyone’ mood.

That night a lot of noise was coming from the room at the very end of the hall. Jordyn’s room was at the very other end of the hallway.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story