Author's Chapter Notes:
Rate: R ~ sexual themes & violence

Chapter 13

The after party for the guys and crew was being held at a club in downtown Jackson, which was just outside of Clinton.  Everyone headed over there after they’d gone back to the hotel and gotten showered and changed from the show.

The party wasn’t anything big and elaborate.  Just something so that everyone could kind of let loose and have some fun.  Relax a little bit.  They were going to be in Mississippi for another day, and they didn’t have any promotional things to do.  So that gave them the whole night to party and have a good time.  With no worries of having to be up early for some kind of interview the next day.

Kerrigan walked into the club with the guys and their mass of bodyguards.  Even though it was a Jive sponsored party, they still kept their security with them just to be on the safe side.  That and a few million fans seemed to have somehow found out about the after party and were all lined outside in the hopes of getting to meet their favorite Nsyncer.

Once on the inside of the club they all looked around in search of a table big enough for their group.  Sure they’d end up going their separate ways eventually, but it was like a custom for them all to sit down together for a few minutes at least, so they could scope out the scene.

“This way.” Joey said, motioning for everyone to follow.  He’d obviously spotted a place.

The group followed him, Kerrigan bringing up the rear. She was too busy looking around to see who all was there and if she recognized anyone.  Or more accurately she was looking around to see if Cody was there anywhere.  She had missed him at the show and had yet to see him that day.  Kerrigan couldn’t wait to see what his reaction was going to be to the new her.

Reaching the table they all took a seat and sat there looking around taking everything in.  When the waitress came over to check on them they all ordered their drinks, Justin thoughtlessly ordering a beer for Kerrigan as well.

Once the waitress had left Chris looked over at Justin and smirked.  “You do know she’s not twenty one, right?”

Kerrigan chuckled at Chris’ obvious nab at Justin.  While Justin merely gave Chris a dirty look and said; “So she’s with us.  It’s all good.  She can‘t get into any trouble as long as we‘re around.”

Kerrigan looked at Justin incredulously.  “I didn’t get into trouble that night.” she defended.  “We came directly back to the hotel after we left the Bar and Grill.”

“How do you know you came directly back to the hotel?” Justin asked.

“Here we go again.” Trace mumbled under his breath.

“Because I remember!” Kerrigan stated.

“I’m surprised you remember anything as drunk as you were.” Justin scoffed.

“I wasn’t THAT drunk, Justin.” Kerrigan glared at him.

“You came back with your belly button pierced.” he said as the waitress sat his beer down in front of him, he quickly took a gulp.

“I got that done before we went to the Bar and Grill.  I was perfectly sober when I got that done.” she replied, smiling at the waitress and mouthing a “Thank You” when she sat her beer down in front of her.

“Well, then obviously you weren’t thinking at all that day.” Justin shrugged.

“OK, that’s enough children.  Go back to your corners.” Chris stated shaking his head at the two.  “We’re here to have a good time, not argue about things that nobody can change.”  He looked at Justin.  “Just accept that she went out, got pierced and came back drunk.  At least she had a good time.  Get over it.”  Then he turned his attention to Kerrigan.  “And you need to just accept that Justin was worried and he tends to make a big deal about things when he’s worried.  You get over that.”

Kerrigan rolled her eyes at Chris and mumbled under her breath.  “Justin, makes a big deal out of everything, not just when he’s worried.”

“What was that?” Justin asked, hearing her mumble something.

“Oh, nothing.  I was just agreeing with Chris.” she smiled at him innocently.

Justin knew she had made some sarcastic comment to herself, but he wasn’t about to argue with her about it.  Chris was right, they were there to have a good time and they weren’t going to accomplish that by arguing over petty stuff.

It was silent at the table for a few minutes and then Lance spoke up, directing his attention to Kerrigan.  “I talked to Stacy earlier.  She said that she had a lot of fun hanging out with you today.”

Kerrigan smiled.  “I had fun hanging out with her too.  It was a nice change of pace.  And I never knew your sister was so….” she trailed off, unable to find the words to describe her.

“So what?” Lance questioned.

“I don’t know how to describe it.  She’s just a lot different than I thought.  I mean don’t get me wrong, I’ve always loved your sister.  She’s a sweetheart, but she’s just a lot of fun to hang out with.  She’s a bit on the wild side.”

Lance chuckled.  “Yeah, don’t let her calm demeanor in front of my Mom fool you.  Stacy’s a rebel at heart.  Just ask Ford.”

“Don’t need to.  Seen it with my own two eyes.” she laughed.

“So what all did you two do today?” Joey asked, taking a drink of his beer.

“Well, she took me to her Salon and I got my hair cut.  Then we came over here to Jackson and went shopping at the mall.  We had some lunch.  Just pretty much hung out.” Kerrigan shrugged.

“It took you all day just to do that?” Justin questioned suspiciously.

But before Kerrigan could reply JC butted in.  “You’re one to talk, J.  When you go shopping it takes you days.  Give the girl a break, it’s not like she had anywhere else to be today.  She needed some time out away from us guys.”

“Wow.  Glad someone understands.” Kerrigan stated sarcastically, which got her a dirty look from Justin.

Trace noticed the look Justin gave her and decided he’d speak up before Kerrigan or Justin had a chance to lay into each other again.  “So where are we headed to next?”

Lance thought for a second before answering.  “Louisiana I believe.”

“Cool.” Trace said, and then the table grew quiet.  Everyone lost in their own thoughts.

Kerrigan looked around the club once again.  She still didn’t see Cody anywhere, but it was entirely possible that he was there somewhere and she couldn’t see him.  She decided she was going to get up and mingle.  Maybe she would spot him in the process.  “I’m gonna go look for Stacy.  She’s gonna be here right?” she asked looking at Lance.

“Yeah, her and Ford both.  They should be here by now.  They said they were going to head over here straight from the show, so I’m sure she’s here somewhere.”

“OK.  I’ll catch you guys later.” she said grabbing her beer from the table and walking off.  Justin watching her as she left.


Kerrigan was sitting at a small table talking with Stacy and Ford.  She’d found them over by the bar when she had left to go look for them, and they had then retreated to a table so they could talk.  Kerrigan hadn’t spotted Cody anywhere.

The girls were giving Ford all the details of their day.  Stacy teasing Kerrigan about how she had cried slightly when they cut her hair off.  Ford’s response had been a laugh, followed by a “Why’d you cut it if you didn’t want to?”  And Kerrigan had simply stated, she needed a change, which he seemed to understand and accept.  If only OTHER people could be that understanding.

They were all three laughing at some story Stacy had just told about Lance, after Kerrigan had told her about him saying she wasn’t as calm as she pretended to be around their Mother, when Cody walked up to the table.

“Excuse me.” he said gaining their attention.  “Hey, Kerrigan.  I thought that was you from across the room, but I wasn’t sure.  You cut your hair?”

Kerrigan looked up at him and smiled.  “Yeah.  I just did it today.”

“Well, it looks really nice.” he smiled down at her.

Stacy eyed the too with a smirk.  Undoubtedly from the look on Kerrigan’s face, this was the guy she had told her about.

Stacy cleared her throat to gain Kerrigan’s attention and then gave her a look that told her to introduce them.

“Oh, I’m sorry.  Um…Cody this is Lance’s sister Stacy and her husband Ford.  Stace, Ford this is Cody.  He’s part of the lighting crew.”

Cody smiled at Stacy and Ford.  “Nice to meet you both.” he said, extending his hand to shake theirs.

Ford nodded and said a “Nice to meet you.” While Stacy smiled widely at him and also said “Nice to meet you.”

Cody smiled in return at Stacy, before turning his attention back to Kerrigan.  “Do you think I could talk to you for a sec.  I don’t wanna pull you away from your friends, but it wont take long.”

“Oh, don’t mind us.  We were just going to go dance.” Stacy said, getting up and grabbing Ford by his arm.  He gave her a surprised look, but then knew from the expression her face that she was up to something and that it would be best for him to just go along with it.  So he said a quick “goodbye” to Cody and Kerrigan and then followed Stacy off to the dance floor.

Kerrigan looked up to Cody.  “You can sit down if you want.”

Cody nodded and quickly took the seat next to her.  His eyes traveling over her as he did so.  She looked different than she normally did, and it wasn’t just the hair.

It was everything.  There was this glow about her that he hadn’t seen before.  She looked really happy.  But he also noticed that she was dressed a lot differently that she normally was.  And that she was also wearing a bit of makeup, which he’d never seen her do before.

“You look really pretty tonight.  I think the new haircut suits you.” he smiled.

Kerrigan blushed slightly.  Thankful that it was somewhat dark in the club and that he hopefully couldn’t tell.  “Thanks.  I just needed a change.”

“Well, it’s a real nice change.” he said staring at her with a slight smile.

“Thank you.” she smiled.

They were quiet for a moment.  Cody was too busy taking in her full appearance.  He’d always thought she was a very pretty girl, but tonight she was down right beautiful.  He’d even go as far to say that she was hot, in her little red baby doll midriff, and snug low rise jeans.

The new clothes were really flattering on her.  She had a nice body and an incredible stomach, which he’d gotten a glimpse of the night she’d gotten her navel pierced.  But now she was actually wearing something that would show off her impeccable figure, rather than hiding it under a bunch of frumpy clothing.

“So are you having fun?” he asked finally, breaking the silence.

“Yeah, I’m having a good time.  You?”

“Better now that I know you’re here.” he winked at her.

Kerrigan knew she was blushing profusely now.  No one had EVER said anything like that to her.  At least not in the way he meant it.  And she was again thanking God that it was dark in the club, so he couldn’t see the redness in her cheeks.

Trying to contain her composure, Kerrigan changed the subject.  “You said you wanted to talk to me about something?”

“Oh, yeah.  Sorry I pretty much forgot all about that, after getting a good look at you.” he smiled.  “Actually, what I wanted to talk to you about was….well….I was gonna see if maybe you wanted to go out sometime?  You know like on a date.  Just me and you.”

Kerrigan allowed his question to sink in.  He had just asked her out!  The whole makeover thing had worked.  He really did like her and this was all the proof that she needed.  “Sure.  Um…what did you have in mind?” she asked sheepishly.  She was new at this whole thing and wasn’t really sure of what she was supposed to say.

“Well, I thought maybe we could go out for dinner and a movie or something.  Maybe tomorrow night?  I mean I know we gotta leave early the following morning, but we shouldn’t be out too late.”

“Ok.  That sounds like fun.” she smiled, again blushing.  God, she felt like a girl.  And that thought made her smile even bigger.

Cody returned her smile.  “Great.  Well, I have some work to do over at the venue tomorrow morning.  So how about I pick you up at your room around six?  We’ll go grab a bite to eat and then head over to the movies.”

“That’ll work.” Kerrigan nodded, still smiling.  She couldn’t stop.

“Ok, then.” Cody grinned.  He hadn’t been sure if she would say yes to his offer.  He thought for sure Justin would have given her the third degree about staying away from him, and since he hadn’t really seen her around the last week too much, he was beginning to think he’d been right.  But instead he’d been very wrong, or so it seemed because she had actually agreed to go out with him.  His night was now looking up.

“Was that it then?” Kerrigan asked, when Cody didn’t say anything else.  There was this weird, awkward silence and she just needed to break it.

“Yeah, that was it.  I guess I’ll let you go back to your friends.  I need to get back over to the guys anyways.  But I’ll see you tomorrow though.” he smiled, as he stood up.

“Ok.  See ya tomorrow.” Kerrigan smiled, giving him a little wave as he backed away from the table.

Cody smiled and then winked at her before turning and heading back over to his friends across the room.  And Kerrigan was ready to die.  There was just something about that guy that got to her.  She found him incredibly sexy, which was odd for her because she’d never really had thoughts or felt the way she was feeling at the moment.

There was this excitement building inside of her and she didn’t understand where it was coming from or why it was there all of the sudden out of nowhere.  But she wasn’t going to question it.  It felt good, and like the saying goes.  If it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it.  And Kerrigan wasn’t sure that she’d want to fix it, even it if were broke.
 
 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers