Author's Chapter Notes:
Rate: R ~ sexual themes & violence

Chapter 51

( November 5th ~ Justin’s Release Party )

“Oh my God, JC how have you been?” Kerrigan squealed, as she was engulfed by his arms, into a tight hug.

JC chuckled at Kerrigan’s reaction to seeing him.  Granted it had been a while, but she’d never been this happy to see him.  He guessed she’d already had a few drinks that night and that was probably the reason for her over eagerness.  “I’m good, girl.  How’ve you been?  Things going ok?” he asked, as he pulled back to get a good look at her.

JC hadn’t seen her after everything that had happened to her with Cody.  And he couldn’t even begin to imagine looking at her with all the bruises she’d been covered in from what Justin and Trace had described.  He was happy he hadn’t seen that, he didn’t want to ever see Kerrigan like that.  The thought alone was heart breaking enough.  He wasn’t sure how Justin and Trace had made it through it.

“Things are good.  Especially, now that you’re here.” she winked at him, playfully flirting with him.

“So you have had a few drinks?” he laughed.

“Just a few.” Trace chuckled joining them.  “What’s up, C?” he said reaching out to give JC a manly hug.

“Not much.  Just been hangin’ out.  You?”

“Baby-sitting.” Trace said motioning towards Justin who was talking to Alyssa a few feet away and then at Kerrigan.

Kerrigan smacked Trace upside the head.  “You haven’t been baby-sitting me!” she objected.

JC laughed at the two.  It was good to see at least nothing had changed between them.  They were still giving each other a hard time like always.  “Better watch it Trace.  Don’t wanna get your ass kicked by a girl.”

Kerrigan smirked over at Trace since JC was taking her side.  But Trace merely rolled his eyes at her.  “Whatever.  She wishes.” he scoffed.

“You know I can do it.” Kerrigan stated.

“Whatever.” Trace scoffed again.  “Anyway, C I want you to meet my new lady.” Trace said grabbing Becca who stood a few feet away talking to some guy and pulled her over.  Becca gave Trace a dirty look and he returned it with a sweet smiled before turning to JC.  “C, this is Becca.  Becca, this is JC.” he introduced.

Becca smiled genuinely at JC, extending her hand to shake his.  “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.  Although, I gotta question your stability if you’re dating Trace here.” JC joked.

Becca’s smile grew.  “Yeah, I find myself questioning that a lot too.” she nodded.

“I’m standing right here!” Trace protested.

“Like we care!” Kerrigan chimed in.

Trace glared over at Kerrigan, then turned to his girlfriend.  “Let’s got dance or something.” he stated, before pulling Becca away.

“Sorry.” she mouthed to Kerrigan and JC, giving them a wave.

JC turned his attention to Kerrigan.  “She seems cool.”

“She is.  She’s awesome.  She’s like the first girlfriend of Trace’s I could ever stand.  We hang out a lot.  She’s good for him.”

“That’s good.  Bout time he found him a real woman.” JC said looking around the party.

“Yeah.” Kerrigan agreed watching JC closely.

“Alyssa’s here?” JC questioned, finally seeing Justin and Alyssa talking a few feet away.

“Yeah.  They hang out a lot.” Kerrigan supplied evenly.

JC turned to look at her.  He could sense that she was unpleased with that fact.  “I can’t believe he’s actually dating her.” he said, looking back at Justin.

Kerrigan laughed.  “JC, you of all people should know not to believe everything you read in the papers.  They’re not dating.  They hang out, but they’re not dating.”

“Oh, well they looked pretty cozy together.” he shrugged, continuing to watch the interaction between Justin and Alyssa.

“She’s like that with everyone.” Kerrigan deadpanned.

JC’s head snapped around and he stared at her.  Her dislike for Alyssa was more than obvious now.  “You don’t like her?” he questioned, trying to hold back a smile.  If he wasn’t mistaken, it seemed as if she was jealous.

“Not really.  She’s a big flirt.  And she’d too old for him.” she shrugged, starting to walk off towards the bar.

JC followed.  “Age ain’t nothing but a number.  Bobbie was older than me.” he stated.

“Didn’t like her either.” Kerrigan said as she ordered another drink from the bartender.

JC laughed.  “Well, you were right about her.  I’ve met Alyssa though.  She seems nice enough.”

“I didn’t say she wasn’t nice.  I just said I didn’t really like her and that she was too old for him.  I think she’s using him for publicity.”

“Using him?  You really think?” JC questioned, ordering a drink for himself.

“I don’t know.  Don’t really care.  There’s just something about her that unnerves me.” she shrugged, taking a sip of her martini.

“Well, enough talk about that.” JC said, waving off the previous conversation and turning to look at Kerrigan.  “I gotta say that you’re looking extremely hot tonight, Kerr.  Where’d you get that outfit and how did you convince Justin and Trace to let you out in it?” he laughed.

“Becca picked it out so Trace had to agree and Justin I guess decided to keep his opinion to himself for a change.”

“So you finally got someone on your side, huh?”

“Yeah, Trace is pussy wiped so he wouldn’t dare go against Bec, and Justin has no one to back him up without Trace.” she smiled.

JC laughed at Kerrigan’s description of Trace.  “More fun for you I guess.”

“Yup.” she smiled over at him.  “And since we’re talking about having fun.  Why don’t we go have some fun?  Come dance with me JC.” she said grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the dance floor.

“Whoa, hold up.  I just got here.” JC tried to stop her.

“So.  What better way to make an entrance and get everyone’s attention.” Kerrigan grinned at him and continued to pull him towards the dance floor.

“You remember you forced me to do this, when I’m getting yelled at by Trace and Justin.” JC said, as he followed Kerrigan.

“Yelled at for what?” she questioned, looking back at him over her shoulder.

“For dancing with you.  You’re lookin’ to hot not to have a little fun with that.”

Kerrigan laughed as JC winked at her.
 



 

“She’s been hanging out with JC all damn night.” Justin grumbled, looking over at Trace.  “It’s my release party.  She should be partying with me, not him!”

Trace eyed Justin, trying not to laugh.  “You’re kidding right?”

“Hell, no I’m not kidding.  It’s not right.  It’s my party.  She came with me.  She would be hanging out with me.  Ever since C got here she’s been stuck up his ass all night.  You don’t think they got something going on do you?” Justin asked, with a serious look.

With that Trace full on laughed.  “Do you hear yourself, Justin?  I mean really!” he said between snorts.  “Need I remind you that you’ve been hanging with Alyssa most of the night?  What?  Did you expect Kerrigan to just follow you around?  I’m glad she hooked up with JC and they’re having a good time.  It is a party after all.” he said when he’d finally calmed his laughter.

“Hooked up with, JC?  What do you mean by that?” Justin questioned.

Trace laughed again, Justin was wearing his heart on his sleeve at the moment.  Or at least his jealousy anyway.  “Hooked up, like hanging out.  Not hooked up like….hooked up.”

“Oh.” Justin said, looking around the club to see where Kerrigan and JC had wandered off to.

Traced followed Justin’s gaze already knowing who he was looking for.  “What’s up with you tonight, man?  Actually, what’s up with you lately?  You’ve been a lil’ overly concerned with Kerrigan and any guy she comes in contact with.”

Justin stared at Trace incredulously.  “Why wouldn’t I be concerned after what she’s been through.  You should be concerned too!”

“But this is JC we’re talking about.  We both know he’d never do anything like that to Kerrigan.  He would NEVER hurt her like that.”  Trace objected.

“So you think he’s interested in her?” Justin questioned.

Trace rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air in frustration.  “No, Justin.  I don’t think JC is interested in Kerrigan like that.  I think they’re two friends, hanging out and having a good time.  And there’s nothing wrong with that.  You need to have a drink and lighten up.”

“I’m just watching out for her!” Justin defended.

“But you don’t need to watch out for her when it comes to JC and you know that!” Trace said sternly, frustrated.  Then he looked at Justin again as if it had suddenly just hit him.  “Wait!” he said, grabbing Justin’s shoulder, turning him around.

“What?”

“You’re watching out for her alright.  But I think it’s more for your sake than hers.  Something you wanna tell me, J?” he questioned.

Justin seen the look in Trace’s eyes and could tell he knew what was going on but Justin was not ready to admit it.  Especially, to Trace because he knew if he did, he’d never hear the end of it.  “What are you talking about?”

“J, don’t play dumb with me, man.  I see right through you.  I know what’s going on in that fucked up head of yours and you’re jealous.  You don’t want JC to hook up with Kerrigan because you wanna hook up with her.”

“I DO NOT wanna hook up with Kerrigan.” Justin defended, somewhat outraged at Trace’s suggestion.  He made it sound cheap or something.

“I don’t mean hook up with her like that, dumbass.  You wanna be with Kerrigan.  You’re in love with her aren’t you?” Trace persisted.

“No.” Justin said simply, knowing if he tried to deny it further it would only give him away more.

“Don’t lie to me, J.  I can see it in your eyes.  You’re in love with her.  When did this happen and why the hell didn’t you tell me?” Trace demanded.

“I don’t love her.” Justin objected.  “I mean of course I love her, but not like that.”

“Justin, why are you even trying to lie to me?  You know I can read you like a book.  Just admit it.  I’m not gonna say anything, I swear.” Trace coaxed.

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Justin….” Trace urged.

“I mean it.  I have no clue what you’re talking about.”

“Ugh!” Trace groaned, annoyed.  “Whatever.  I know you’re lying.  I don’t know why you won’t admit it to me but I know you’re lying.  You’re in love with her and it’s driving you insane that she’s giving all of her attention to JC.”

Justin merely shook his head and shrugged that he didn’t know what Trace was talking about, which further annoyed Trace.

Then he got an idea and had to fight back the smirk that was so badly trying to present itself on his face.  “Fine then you won’t care that I was wrong about JC then.” he shrugged.

Justin tensed up.  “What do you mean you were wrong?”

“Well, he’s kissing her right now, so I can only assume I was wrong about them just being friends.”

“WHAT!” Justin yelled, spinning around quickly to look for Kerrigan and JC.  When his eyes did find them, they were seated at a table and there was no possible way they even could have been kissing.  Not unless JC had leaned all the way across the damn thing.

Justin spun back around and glared at Trace, who only smirked at him in return.  “Don’t care, huh?” Trace chuckled.  “Keep telling yourself that and maybe, just maybe it’ll become believable.” he said before walking off, a plan of action in mind.
 
 
 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers