Author's Chapter Notes:
Rate: R ~ sexual themes & violence

Chapter 7

( 1 week later - Denver, Colorado )

Over the last week things seemed to be a little better in the Nsync camp.  Not that a lot had changed, but for some reason Kerrigan just felt a little more confident knowing that at least once of the guys had recognized that she was no longer just one of the guys.  And it had been Trace to top it off.  He seemed to be the most dense of all of them, so if he had noticed, the Kerrigan felt confident in the fact that the others had probably noticed as well.

At first she had been a little leery right after their conversation.  She did trust Trace, but still she was afraid that he would have went back to the guys and said something about their conversation.  When she had shown her face around the guys later that evening before the show to apologize for her outburst she was expecting some kind of quick comebacks from them.  Or smart comments about what she had talked about with Trace.  But that didn’t happen.

Kerrigan did however end up having a long conversation with Justin that night after the concert.  They had sat up on the bus for a couple hours just talking.  She had told him she’d just been feeling neglected lately and pushed aside.  She hadn’t really gone into the details she had with Trace, and told Justin that she was upset because they weren’t treating her like a girl.  For some reason she just couldn’t bring herself to say those words to him.

But all in all Kerrigan was feeling much better after she had talked to him.  So she hadn’t told him what had really been bothering her, although she suspected Trace had mentioned something of the sort to him, or so it seemed.  It was either that or Justin had suddenly become able to read minds all of the sudden.

Over the last week he had paid more attention to her and it seemed as if he was being especially careful of how he referred to her.  That was the big clue right there that Trace had said something to him.  He hadn’t been flattering her with compliments or anything of that sort, but just mostly making sure not to refer to her as one of the guys.  It was now all of the sudden six guys and a girl.  He seemed to be using the word “girl” a lot when in reference to her.  But Kerrigan didn’t mind.  At least it was an improvement.

Another topic that seemed to come up a lot over the last week was that of Cody.  It seemed that all of the guys were keeping a watchful eye on the guy or something because suddenly his name was coming up in a lot of their conversations.  They had seen him doing this.  Or they had seen him doing that.  So and so had talked to him and he seemed like a cool guy.

Then there was the topic of Kerrigan talking to Cody.  She had run into him a couple other times that week, at the other two stops.  It was nothing major, they had only talked briefly both times, but it seemed that every time she happened to run into him, one of the other guys had been around where they could see.  And then it was suddenly brought up when they were all together.  Wanting to know what he had said.  What they had talked about.

Again Kerrigan didn’t mind.  Usually that kind of attention and questioning would annoy her to no end, but she was finding all of the sudden attention somewhat comforting.  She supposed that was rather twisted, but at this point she really didn’t care.  The guys were paying attention to her.  Yeah, maybe it was more in a brotherly way, looking out for her.  But it was the way they were looking out for her.  They realized she was a girl, and this strange guy was a possible threat to her. Twisted or not, it made her feel special and loved.  It made her feel important.  Which was something she wasn’t really feeling before.

But today was a new day and they were now in Colorado.  They arrived early that morning and the guys show wasn’t until the following night.  Which meant that they actually had a full day off, free to do whatever they wanted.

It was now about mid morning and Kerrigan had finally pulled herself out of bed and showered. When they had gotten in that morning and she had been woken up by Justin to go inside the hotel the only intentions she had was of going back to bed.  And that she had done.  But now it was around noon and she was up and ready to go.  Ready for whatever the guys had planned for the day.

Only problem was she couldn’t find any of them.  She had been to all of their rooms, but they weren’t there.  Now she was on her way to the hotel restaurant.  It’s the only other place she could think of where she would possibly find them.

Kerrigan stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the main floor.  She was chewing on her lip, lost in thought when the elevator came to a stop at the next floor on it’s way down.  The doors opened and there stood Cody and a few other guys from the crew that Kerrigan recognized right away.

“Going down?” she smiled at them.

“We’re going wherever you are, darlin.” one of the older guys said, giving her a smile as they stepped into the elevator.

“Then you’re going down.” she smiled back.  She knew him as Frank.  He was a nice man.  Kerrigan had talked to him a few times about his daughters and wife back home.  He was always calling her darlin, but Kerrigan didn’t mind.  He kind of reminded her of her father in a way.

“So where ya headed?” Cody asked, taking the spot next to her in the now crowded elevator.

“Heading down to the restaurant in search of the guys.  It’s our first real day off without them having to do any promotions or anything.  We’re all supposed to being doing something, but they weren’t in their rooms.” she shrugged.  “And you?”

“Well, we’re headed down there too, to get some lunch.  Then me and some of the other guys are heading over to Six Flags.  We plan to enjoy our day off with some recreational fun.” he smiled at her.

Kerrigan’s face lit up.  Six Flags sounded like a lot of fun to her.  She hadn’t been to any place like that in a long time.  Maybe the guys would be up for going there as well.  “That sounds like fun.” she smiled.

“Well, you’re welcome to come with.” Cody offered.

“I’d love to, but I already agreed to spend today with the guys.  Not sure what we’re doing yet, but Six Flags sounds good.  I’ll see if they wanna go.”

“Hey, the more the merrier.” Cody grinned, although he was disappointed.  His offer really hadn’t been extended to all the guys.  He didn’t really care if they went or not, the only person he was concerned about going was Kerrigan.

The elevator came to a stop at the lobby level and they all exited, and made their way towards the restaurant that had been closed off for Nsync band and crew members.  Cody opened the door to the restaurant and allowed Kerrigan to walk in first.

She looked around the fairly vacant room, not one member of Nsync anywhere in site.  “Damn it, where are they?” she asked aloud.

Cody smirked.  “Maybe you could ask someone on their security detail.  They could probably clue you in.” And then he followed the other guys on into the room, so they could get something to eat.  But not before quickly turning to tell her.  “If you change your mind, we should be here for another half hour or so.”  And then he disappeared into his group of friends.

Kerrigan stood there for a moment.  Cody had a point, why didn’t she think to ask one of the security guys left upstairs.  They would know where the guys were.  It was their job after all.

Taking one more glance around, Kerrigan quickly exited the restaurant and made her way back up to their floor.  She found the first security member she could and asked him where the guys were.  Kerrigan was very perturbed to find that they had already went out for the day.  Something about going out for breakfast and then to the mall.

She couldn’t believe that they hadn’t waited on her.  That they had left without her.  They always spent their days off together.  At least her, Justin and Trace did anyways.  So much for the progress she thought she had made over the last week.

Discouraged Kerrigan headed back to her room, where she plopped down on her bed in thought.  She didn’t want to spend the day at the hotel alone.  And knowing Justin and Chris they’d be at the mall for hours.  And who knew what they had planned for after that.  She was going to strangle them for going off and leaving her at the hotel all alone.

Then Cody’s offer popped back in her head.  She could go with him and the guys to Six Flags.  She had plenty of her own money.  Sure she would much rather have gone with Justin and Trace, but at least this way she would be getting the hell out of the hotel and having some fun.

Grabbing her money and ID off the dresser, she quickly stuffed it in her back pocket with her room key and headed out into the hall.  As she was on her way to the elevator she stopped thinking maybe she should at least be courteous enough to leave a message for the guys letting them know where she was going to be in case they wanted to make an appearance.

Kerrigan told Rob, the security guy on duty in the hall that if any of the guys asked, she went to Six Flags with a few of the crew members and she’d be back later.  Rob told her he’d let them know and then Kerrigan proceeded on down to the lobby.

As she was getting off the elevator she noticed Cody and a few other guys heading out the front doors of the hotel.  Running to catch up with them, Kerrigan called out.  “Hey Cody.  Wait up!”

Cody stopped mid-step and turned to see Kerrigan rushing towards him.  When she finally reached him and stopped to catch her breath he smiled.  “Change your mind?”

“The jerks went off without me.  I don’t wanna sit here all day, so if the offer still stands can I come with you guys?”

“Sure you can.  We were just leaving.  Let’s go.” he held the door open for her with a smile.

Kerrigan smiled appreciatively at him and followed the other guys out.  They all loaded up into a van and were on their way.
 


( 1 hour later )

“You think she’s got her lazy ass out of bed yet?” Trace asked as he, Justin and Chris stepped onto the elevator to take them up to their floor.

“All I know is she better be up.  It’s one in the afternoon.” Justin said watching the numbers, as they changed during their climb to their floor.

“You must be working her to hard, Justin.  All the girl does is sleep.” Chris joked.

“Work her too hard?  She doesn’t do anything.” Justin scoffed.

“In Kerrigan’s defense I must say she does more than me.” Trace offered feebly.

“Everyone does more than you.” Chris pointed out.

“I take offense to that!” Trace scowled as they stepped off the elevator when the doors opened on their floor.

“It’s the truth, though.” Justin chuckled.

“True.” Trace shrugged and all three of the guys laughed as they walked to Kerrigan’s room.

Justin raised his fist to knock, but before he had actually made contact he heard Rob’s voice.  “Kerrigan’s not in her room.”

“Well, at least we know she’s up.“ Chris stated, and then the three of them turned their attention to Rob, as he walked towards them.

“Where’s she at?” Justin asked when Rob finally reached them.

“She said to that if anyone asked, she went to Six Flags with some of the crew members and that she’d be back later.” Rob explained.

“Kerrigan, went to Six Flags?” Trace questioned.  “Without us?”

Justin ignored Trace and eyed Rob.  “Who’d she go with?”

“No clue man.  All I know is she said she was going with some crew members.  She didn’t say who.” Rob shrugged.

“Well, ain’t that a bitch.” Chris stated.  “I woulda liked to have gone to Six Flags.  I didn’t even know there was one around here.”

Justin ignored Chris this time, too caught up in his own thoughts.  He was actually kind of angry. They always spent their days off together doing something.  Even if it was just hanging out in their hotel room.  But Justin actually had plans for this day off.

After everything that had happened over the last week and before that, he wanted to spend his first full day off with Kerrigan and the guys.  They were all going to go to the movies, and then maybe out to a club that night.  It really all depended on what Kerrigan wanted to do.  He had planned on making the day about her.  But where was Kerrigan?  Off at Six Flags with some crew members.  And Justin knew exactly who one of those crew members was.

“Well, there goes my plans for today.  I can’t believe she just took off with him and ditched us.” Justin vented aloud.

Chris eyed him.  “We didn’t really have plans Justin.  The only thing we had planned was to catch a movie.  Hell, I’d rather go to Six Flags than the movies any day.”

“That’s not the point.  We always spend our days off together.  And she took off with HIM.”

“Him?” Trace questioned.

“That guy Cody, who else?” Justin glared at him.

“Well, at least she’s off having fun.  Try to look at it that way.” Chris suggested.

“Well, at least one of us is having a good time.” Justin grumbled before heading off down the hall to his room.

Chris and Trace turned and looked at each other.  Chris smiled.  “Guess now he knows how it feels to be ditched.”
 


( Later that afternoon )

“Man, I had so much fun today.” Kerrigan smiled as she and the guys exited the park.

“I had a lot of fun too.  I can’t believe you won all that stuff playing those basketball net games.” Cody smiled, shaking his head.

“Well, I grew up with Justin.  I gotta be good a basketball.” she shrugged.

“Where too now?” one of the crew guys, known as Jeremy asked from the drivers seat once they were all loaded up in the van.

Another one of the guys that had been introduced as Greg spoke up.  “We passed a tattoo shop on our way over here today.  Mind if we stop there on our way back?  I’ve been wanting to get this tat touched up for a while, but just haven’t had the time.”

Everyone agreed that would be fine, and so they headed that way.

A short while later, Kerrigan was looking around the inside of the tattoo shop at all the drawings on the walls.  It crossed her mind a couple times before to get a tattoo when Justin and the guys had been getting theirs, but she had never actually gone through with it.  It wasn’t that she was scared to get it done.  She just couldn’t decide what she wanted to get.

Scanning across some other drawings, Kerrigan’s eyes landed on a display case on the wall.  It was holding a bunch of different types of body jewelry.  Gages for tongues and eyebrows.  Gages for navels.  Nose studs.

Then a small smile crept across Kerrigan’s face.  She had been thinking of getting her navel pierced for a while now, but she had never been anywhere to get it done.  Now here she was standing in a tattoo shop, which also did body piercing.  Now seemed like as good a time as ever, if she was actually going to go through with it.

Kerrigan turned around to go find one of the guys that working in the shop, but halted when she nearly collided with Cody who was standing right behind her.  “Damn, you scared me.” she said, holding her hand over her heart.

“Sorry, I was just wondering what you was so engrossed in.” he shrugged.

“I was just looking at the body jewelry.  I think I’m gonna get my navel pierced.  I’ve been wanting to for a while now but just never got around to it.”

Cody smiled.  “I think that would be cute.”

Kerrigan blushed slightly at his words, and her mind was made up.  Cute?  He thought it would be cute?  Well, she was definitely doing it then.  Anything that would assist her in being cute, she would do at this point.

“Ok, well I’m just gonna go talk to this guy.” she smiled, excusing herself from Cody.

Cody watched her walk away, his eyes drifting down over her rear.  “She’s got a nice ass.” he thought.  He shook his head and chuckled a bit.  “Hell, she’s got a nice everything.” he said silently to himself.

Chapter End Notes:
Written By:  Michelle Chavez© 2004


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers