Howie can’t seem to get a hold of Nick so he leaves a detailed message. That night Jordan was making dinner and Nick came home from whatever he was doing all day. He goes to the answering machine and listens to the message.

“Hey Nick its Howie. Jc and me were talking yesterday and we wanted to know if you’d be willing to work with us as a group, ya know like Jordyn was talking about. I guess I jumped to conclusions and Jc talked to me and well… it could work. We both want to go into music, and you wouldn’t care either way, so just give me a call back about what you want to do.” There is a beep, then the machine says ‘end of messages’.

Nick deletes it then looks at Jordyn. “I’m not doing it.” He sits at the table staring at his hands.

“Fine I’ll just work with Howie and Jc then.”

“You’re not going to work with them because you have other things to worry about Jordyn.”

“Nick I can do what I want and if writing and producing music is what I want then…”

“Your job is going to be taking care of this ranch and those two kids that you’re carrying.”

“Last I heard you’re the one who put them in me in the first place, and you wanted to move into this ranch in the first place I just gave you the money.”

“I was doing what you wanted, now your just gonna turn your back on all of this?”

“Who said I was going to do that?” Jordyn turns around and faces Nick. “I can easily take care of this ranch WITH you, and these are OUR kids and both of us can raise them. Me writing and being a producer can mean more money. I’m not going to be rich forever ya know and I’m running out of money quick.”

“Your not doing it and that’s final. I shouldn’t have let you build the studio in the first place.” Nick stands up walking over to her and grabbing her arm. “Now finish with dinner!”

“Nick calm down.” Jordyn pulls her arm from Nick but he grabs both of them pushing her against the counter.

“You have been a bitch to me for too long Jordyn and I’m sick of it.”

“I’m not being a bitch. I’m angry with you because your holding me down, your not letting me be myself anymore.”

“Your going to have twins you can’t do what you want.”

“They are your kids too Nick! I am not going to be the only one watching them and feeding them and doing all that shit while you go off and do your thing!” Jordan struggles but Nick growls and throws her to the ground slapping her hard across the mouth.

“I should of never come back here, to any of you fucking people!” Nick storms upstairs and slams the door. Jordyn screams and struggles to her feet grabbing her coat and her laptop bag she left on the couch. She gets into her car and drives away from the ranch.

*

Jordyn feels her lip and it’s bleeding. She holds her stomach hoping the babies were okay. Nick had gone too far. She knows he’s had these issues before, but he would never hurt her or the babies. She didn’t know what to believe anymore.

She began to cry and pulls up into Becca and Jc’s driveway getting out of the car. She walks to the door and knocks.

No answer.

She pounds harder this time, suddenly scared. She hated being pregnant with all of this depression crap. She keeps pounding till she hears Jc screaming.

“Hold your pants on will ya!” He unlocks the door and swings it open. “Who the – Jordyn?”

“Nick hurt me.” Tears were pouring down her face. Jc was only in a robe, and he ended up grabbing Becca’s so it is a silky pink robe with a lacy trim. Becca stands on the stairs in Jc’s robe.

“Oh god you’re bleeding. Come in.” He pulls her in the house shutting and locking the door. He takes her bag setting it on the ground. Becca runs down the stairs and helps her into the bathroom wetting a cloth and cleaning her up.

“What did he do to you?” Jordyn was still crying.

“He grabbed me and shook me and slammed me against the counter yelling at me, basically saying I couldn’t have what I want anymore. He threw me to the ground and slapped me going up to our room. I left as quickly as possible.”

“That ass hole is gonna pay.” Jc turns around to dress but Becca grabs his arm sitting him down on the edge of the tub.

“No. Nick needs to calm down and so does Jordyn. Jc can you make her some tea?”

Jc sighs. “Yeah baby.” He stands up and looks in the mirror. “This robe fits me. I actually feel kind of pretty in it.”

*

Two months pass. Jordyn was staying at Becca’s house. Jc went over to the ranch when Nick was gone and got her clothes, leaving a note that said Jordyn wasn’t coming back. Nick saw it and trashed the house in a fit of rage and sadness. Then he cried himself to sleep. He felt so bad he hurt her, but didn’t know what came over him. He still had anger problems and he felt it was best Jordyn stayed away.

Jc was at work and Becca was looking in the pantry for her rabbit feed but found the bag empty. She sighs and goes into the back yard where Jordyn was writing.

“Hey Jordyn?” She looks up at Becca. “I have to go get rabbit feed. I know this is a big step but I can do it.”

“You sure you don’t want me to come along?” Her lip healed up well.

“I’m sure. You stay and just rest.” Jordyn growls. “Jordyn your due date is in two weeks okay? You just need to relax. It’s been hard for you these past two months.”

“Your right. Sorry.” Jordyn sighs. “Good luck.” Becca nods and takes her bike to the store.

A few minutes later Jordyn takes her stuff back inside and goes into the bathroom. She hated her bladder. She sits down and while staring at the very fascinating picture Jc put up on the wall she gasps and whimpers.

“Ahh shit.” She cleans up then walks upstairs slowly going into her room Jc set up for her. She grabs her bag and puts on her coat. She walks back down the stairs and before leaving writes a note then goes out to her car, driving to the hospital.

She arrives thirty minutes later walking in calming, though her mind was going a mile a minute. She goes to the receptionist explaining what happened.

“You seem calm.”

“That’s because I don’t have people with me.” She laughs.

“Yeah you should have seen the group of people who came in yesterday.” She calls a nurse who comes over to Jordyn.

“Is there anyone you wish for us to call?” The receptionist asks, as Jordyn is set into a wheelchair.

“Um… no they will figure it out.” She nods and Jordyn is pushed to her room and set up.

*

When Becca arrives back from the store she feeds her rabbits then goes into the backyard calling for Jordyn. When she got no answer she searches the house. She panics and calls up Jc.

“Jc Jordyn’s gone!” Jc sighs.

“Where did she go?”

“I don’t know.”

“Is there a note anywhere? Look everywhere for a note Becca.” Becca begins looking then finds it on the dinner table.

“For whoever is reading this my water broke and I took myself to the hospital.”

“What?” Jc screams. “Becca go to the hospital.”

“Jc I can’t we don’t have a car.” Jc swears. “Jc I’ll call up people and we’ll carpool down okay?” Jc nods. “Breath I’ll call you up when I get there.”

“Okay. Bye baby.”

“Bye.” Becca hangs up and stares at the phone. Joey, Justin, and AJ wouldn’t be off work until the same time Jc got off. She groans and calls up Howie.

“Alrighty Becca I’ll be on my way. Did you call Nick?”

“Um…”

“Becca he’s the dad! No matter what he did, you have to call him!”

“Alright.”

“See you in five minutes.” He hangs up and Becca calls up Nick slowly. He doesn’t answer so she leaves a message. Howie arrives and they drive to the hospital.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story