“What?” AJ yelled making the others all jump and Becca squeak. “You mean that some bastard is posting shit about us on the web?” They had all been called to Nick and Jordyn’s place to talk about the album and other things. Justin rubs his face.

“Told ya so AJ.” AJ growls at Justin who rolls his eyes a bit.

“Take a chill pill AJ.” Jordyn said. “Unfortunately we can’t prove anything since it’s anonymous, but it looks like the person who took the pictures is targeting not just members of the group but everyone close to us. Nick and I sort of have an idea who it is, but we need more proof. It worries me…” Jordyn’s eyes dart over to her kids who are in their play pin chewing on things.

“Well when you find the bastard get them to me.” AJ growled. “I’ll rip them up.”

“No. AJ please just try to calm down okay?” Justin said, rubbing AJ’s shoulder. “I’m upset about all of this as well but we can’t get to emotional about this, especially you. I don’t want you sent back to St. Margret's again.”

“Okay Juju.” AJ said taking some deep breaths resting his head on the table. Justin grimaced at being called Juju but he didn’t say anything. He didn’t like being called that but he allowed it with AJ.

“Okay. So what are you two gonna do about this?” Jordyn looks at AJ who now has his hands on his head. Justin’s hand goes up and down his back soothingly. “With what they said about you guys your families might be finding out about your sexualities, or already do.”

“Yeah.” Joey said. “I don’t think AJ’s mom will really care. I’ve met her once or twice. But Justin… your family is kinda psycho against you… last time you talked with them you nearly drove yourself over a cliff.”

“I’m telling my folks the truth.” Justin said shrugging. “Only if they try to contact me. I’m not contacting them I am through.” AJ sits up and smiles at Justin who sits up more in his chair. “Anyways there was something else going on?”

“Yeah.” Howie said looking over his drink at Becca and Jc. “What’s going on?”

“We went to the doctors, an Ob/Gyn.” Jc said. “Becca’s pregnant.”

“Oh god…” Everyone except Jordyn and Nick looked at Becca and Jc.

“It’s only been four weeks but you can see something there on the ultrasound.” Becca said. “Jc is going to call my aunt and tell her.”

“Becca are you sure that’s a good idea?” Justin asked. “Your family is a bunch of psychos. They only need one excuse to drag you away from us and go back to locking you up forever.”

“I’m not worried.” Becca said. “My aunt won’t tell anyone who she doesn’t trust. And if they do decide to interfere then we can go to the courts and find a way to legally keep them away from us.”

“Okay.” Jordyn nodded still somewhat skeptical. “Lets just hope its one kid and not two.”

The meeting continued onward in this fashion. They all agreed that if any of their family members called asking questions regarding the pictures and accusations on the Internet that they would all tell the truth and set the record straight. Or at least as straight as it could get seeing as how parts of the situation didn’t fit that description to a tea exactly.

Nick had cut off most contact with his family. And it would be quite difficult for Jordyn to contact dead people. Justin was also doubtful that he would hear from his family. AJ only had his mother to deal with but she wasn’t the kind of woman to lose her head over something like hearing that her son was interested in men. Jc, Joey, and Howie were all on relatively good terms with their families so they weren’t too worried either way. Becca had some concerns but they were extinguished when it was pointed out to her that her aunt was more than capable of keeping a secret and minding her own business.

As far as the person who took the pictures and made the accusations went, it was agreed that they would not take any action for the moment. It was no doubt just someone trying to distract them from the record. And there was no point in getting too worked up over the issue in the first place. But if things did get serious they all agreed that the authorities should be contacted, or the person would get their eyebrows shaved off.

The meeting finally ended, and once everyone left Jordyn and Nick went over to the pediatric center to find out what was ailing Tyler.

*

“Well it looks like Tyler has a simple bug in his system.” The pediatrician looked up at Jordyn and Nick.

“Is he gonna be okay?” Nick asked.

“Oh yeah. He’ll be fine. Just keep him hydrated and give him some of this and he’ll be fine.” The doc said writing out a prescription. “Morning and night for a week and he should be fine. Keep up with the rash cream too until it clears.”

“Great one more bill that’s going to need paying.” Jordyn said exasperatedly.

“Yeah that’s how kids are. You don’t want to spend more than you have to and even then it’s a fortune.” The doc smiled a bit. “I’ve got two of my own I know how it feels.”

“I’m sure that you do.” Jordyn said. They thank the doctor for his time and head back to the car. Tyler is sleeping peacefully in his stroller while Angelica is squirming around for attention.

“Do you have something against doctors Jordyn?” Nick asked. “I know you have very little patience with people, but seriously you were kinda edgy around him.”

“I wasn’t trying to.” Jordyn said. “It’s just… with all the crap that’s been going on it’s hard to keep myself focused, which means I’m gonna be edgy.”

“I know. Let’s just hope the kids don’t get affected by it too much.”

“They will. It’s only a matter of time.” Jordyn sighs and looks at them. Nick is pushing them and she is walking next to him. “The most we can do is protect them as best we can. I’m calling Kevin. I want him to come down with the guys so they can help us out with this stalker situation.”

“That’s right.” Nick said. “Lance did mention something about Kevin being an expert in stalkers the last I heard from him.”

“That’s the idea. I’m hoping he can help provide some insight for us.”

“But why do you need the others there? I don’t think Chris, Lance, or Brian would be able to help the situation much.”

“Not with the stalker situation.” Jordyn said. “But they’ll be able to help with AJ and Justin, and they might help Becca and Jc with the pregnancy. I don’t want her going through what I went through. I should have been more careful when I was carrying the twins but it just made me more insane.”

“Don’t beat yourself up about it.” Nick holds her hand as they reach the car. “You did fine considering all the shit I put you through. And don’t worry, you’re doing the right thing.”

“Oh I don’t doubt that.” Jordyn retorted opening the car door and picking up Angelica who starts to tug on her ponytail. “I’m just wondering if it’s right for me to be playing mother when Becca is perfectly capable of taking care of herself.” She walks around to the other side of the car, opening the door and detaching Angelica’s little hands from her hair quickly getting her in the car.

“She needs a mother figure in her life.” Nick reasoned. “She’s got a father figure in Joey, and Jc is her husband. She has good men in her life, and you’re the only shot she has in having a female figure.”

“I’m always going to you to reassure me.” Angelica is buckled in and Nick has Tyler buckled in as well. Jordyn gets behind the wheel and Nick climbs into the car kissing her before they drive off.

“That’s what I’m here for.”

*

At Becca and Jc’s house, Becca was sitting in the living room and Jc was putting the rabbit back into its cage next to the others. Becca was still insisting that the rabbits be kept inside for the time being.

“Jc I can do it myself. Please. You’ve been working all day you should rest.”

“No I’ve got it. Don’t worry.”

“Josh just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean that I can’t do things.” Becca said. “Please don’t turn into Nick.”

“I’m gonna try not to.” Jc replied sitting next to her and hugging her. “I just don’t want you to get hurt. As it is you’re at risk for complications and you need to be careful. I just don’t want to lose you.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” Becca said. They stayed like that for a good long while until the phone began ringing and jerked them back to reality with an unpleasant bump.

“I’ll get it.” Jc said. Becca nodded and went upstairs to bed.

“Hello?” Jc hadn’t checked caller ID when he had called so he was unpleasantly surprised when he heard the reply.

“Hello. Is Rebecca here?” A woman’s voice asked through the phone. Jc immediately recognized it as Becca’s mother.

“No. She’s not here. Can I take a message?” Jc said trying desperately to hide the anger in his voice. Becca had told them not to call her. He himself had told them not to call. What were they doing?

“Yes… actually no. I need to speak with you anyways.” The woman replied.

“Alright what do you need?” Jc asked.

“My husband and I wanted to apologize.” The woman explained. “We just want our daughter to forgive us.”

“I don’t think she’s ready to forgive you though.” Jc said again. “She’ll let you know when she’s ready. In the meantime please don’t call us again.”

“There’s one more thing!” The woman exclaimed hastily as Jc was about to hang up. “Rebecca’s aunt is ill. We don’t know if she’ll live much longer. We think it would be best for Rebecca to come home for a time. This may be the last time she sees her aunt so it would be greatly encouraged. I know they were very close.”

“I’ll let her know.” Jc murmured before hanging up without even saying goodbye. He wasn’t going to tell her until after she got back from work the next day. Both of them were tired and he didn’t want Becca up all night worrying.

Jordyn had already told him that she was going to give the doctors a call. Maybe he could ask them for advice on the situation. But he knew for certain that until he was sure that everything was going to be safe he wasn’t letting Becca out of his sight. He started to understand why Nick acted like he did with Jordyn.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story